[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales of the Abyss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

Last thread >>384300854 archived seconds before my post went through.

>>384307445
Except that's the fucking point, Jade was detached from the cares of the rest of the party and couldn't be fucked to cause drama by giving a long explanation or causing further international issues (which they were trying to prevent) by accusing the opposing country's royalty of being a replica (when the official story was that Luke was "kidnapped by Malkuth).

He comes to explicitly regret this later; it's part of his character, and also *explicitly* says that he didn't get mad for Luke getting tricked but instead for being a bitch.

If you rewatch the scene, nobody gets mad at Luke for being tricked. Nobody opens up with a "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO", it's only after Luke goes full crying babby mode that Jade walks away literally saying "I'm not putting up with this anymore, if I stay here I'll just have to listen to some childish rant" with everyone else piling on and following suit after Luke continued being a bitch.

>tl;dr
You are literally not intelligent enough to understand the nuance of a not-even-that-complex writing of a 10 year old JRPG, what the fuck
>>
>>384330628
I wasn't part of the last thread but I love this game OP, you tell them like it is.

>That moment when you realize the story synopsis menu is all Luke's diary
>>
File: win10.jpg (769KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
win10.jpg
769KB, 858x1200px
>>384330903
Tales of the Abyss is JRPGludo. If you have the attention span to actually follow the plot and understand the character motivations (they actually have a bit of subtlety to them, stop the presses, it's too much for your average Tales player) as well as the in-universe physics and lore, and are sufficiently immersed to not really mind the plot-relevant fast-traveling you have to do at the end for a few plot dumps (not nearly as offensive as other JRPG padding), then you'll find it to have one of the most genuinely well-written and rewarding narratives in the genre.

Oh and it helps the combat is pretty fun. I had high hopes for Berseria after everyone on /v/ said it's the best Tales game in generations but I just couldn't get into the weird combat of that game
>>
File: 1363397120760.jpg (69KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1363397120760.jpg
69KB, 500x667px
Question:
3DS or PS2 version?
Having this on the go would be cool, but playing on a CRT is nice, too.
Then again, I don't use my 3DS as much as I want to.
>>
>>384332085
Emulated PS2 on a good computer > 3DS version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on an actual PS2

That being said, I find lenghty RPGs much more comfortable and enjoyable on the go, and I'm far more likely to finish a long game if it's on a handheld. If I had to replay it I would play the 3DS version.
>>
There is no the in that title.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.