[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>quits game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: anorlondo_archers.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anorlondo_archers.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>quits game
>>
>>384326358
You would survive this though. You would simply fall onto the walkway, and survive, also this part's not even hard. The point is to dodge the arrows, not block em
>>
>>384326358

>implying that's the bullshit part of Dark Souls
>hasn't reached Oolacile
>>
>>384326632
>>implying that's the bullshit part of Dark Souls
>hasn't started the tutorial
>>
>>384326632
How is Oolacile hard? I recently replayed I, and besides Kalameet, it's pretty easy.
>>
I'm just replaying DaS again after a long break. I just played this game too much, the archers weren't a problem at all.
I remember my very first playthrough being stuck there until I went back to Andre and practised parrying with the hollow soldiers.
>>
>>384326748
le reddit gold ;) my friend
>>
>>384326847
>still have to beat Manus SL1
>can't be assed to get into it again
>don't want to beat gwyn before beating every other boss SL1
Manus is my personal hardest boss of DaS. I have about 30+ characters and all beat Arty and Kalameet but never set foot into Manus' shit hole of a cave
>>
File: 1475727024632.gif (558KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
1475727024632.gif
558KB, 367x265px
>>384326358
>just make a break for it to the first knight
>parry his attack to knock him off

Objectively the best way you could've experienced this the first time
>>
>IT'S BEEN 8 YEARS SINCE DEMON'S SOULS
>people being 10 when DeS released are allowed to post here
>>
>>384327191
Demon's is the only Souls game I never played. Is it worth it?
>>
This tired old meme
>walk up to knight dodging arrows
>parry him for easy mode or if you suck just fight him normally but dont roll toward the edge
Not hard at all
>>
>>384327052
I quit the game at Manus. Never came back to it, and I've never actually beaten Gwyn and finished the game because I went to that dlc place just before. I think he might be an optional boss too, but dying one too many times against his spastic flailing soured the whole game for me.
>>
>>384327258
Yeah, it's got excellent atmosphere. Some rough edges but a great time. Did a playthrough last month and got summoned pretty regular. Royalty is the cheese class if you just wanna burn through.
>>
>didn't know these guys were a meme my first time through the game
>didn't overthink them beyond "oh, they'll try to shoot me off"
>nail it on first try
>learn about them being a meme
>overthink them constantly and almost always takes two or three attempts to clear them now
>>
>>384327360
The thing is though, part of why I love Dark Souls, and Bloodborne is the whole world (aside from a few cases) is all inter-connected. Demon's is all level by level from what I've seen, and that really irks me.
>>
>>384327579
There's really no getting around that. The levels are all great though, none are weak in terms of design. Demon's is just as atmospheric as Bloodborne in my opinion.
>>
>>384327258
Its rough mechanically and a few levels are ugly/not great but it has multiple levels that are better than anything else in the series by a wide margin and are an absolute pleasure to play through. Im really happy i played through it
>>
>>384327369
i had a lot of beginner's luck on my first playthrough as well, including this part. the game is random though, sometimes the left archer manages to hit you and sometimes he doesn't.
>>
>>384327258
Yes, definitely. Even if it's just to see where everything started.
It will be a little hard to get into when you're used to the conveniences the later Souls games offered but you get used to it.
>>384327369
Same here, just that I dif hear from my friends who were stuck at o&S at that time that that part was incredibly hard so I was super careful and lucked out 2nd try parrying him out of panic reflex.
Every time after that wasnt so smooth until I really learned the game
>>
>>384326632

The only bullshit part about Oolacile is Manus, that piece of shit sucks ass, fuck you Manus.
>>
>>384326358
>walks towards him with a shield
>rolls towards him
wowwwww
>>
>>384330009
>have a shield up but roll anyways

maximum safety
>>
File: 1500351018504.jpg (134KB, 1007x827px) Image search: [Google]
1500351018504.jpg
134KB, 1007x827px
>>384328396
>Manus harder than Artorias
what
>>
Poison arrows
>>
>>384331560
Not even that guy but yes, Manus is way harder than Artorias. I'd say he's easily hardest overall boss in DS1.
>>
>>384326358
>stamina is full
>didn't have shield up
>>
You can just make yourself invisible and mask your footsteps in order to pass this part with ease

use your brain, you retarded casual
>>
Demon Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 3 > All four Kingsfield games > Dark Souls 1 AKA criminally overrated while critically bad.
>>
>>384332003
>magic
>faith
>anything but quality
>>
File: 1355524405793.png (110KB, 900x891px) Image search: [Google]
1355524405793.png
110KB, 900x891px
Man i loved Dark Souls when microshill was still in charge of the multiplayer

>DsFriend and DsFix
>being invaded the second you go human
>people using cheat at their leisure
>being with the forest faggots means free souls over the night, made several character builds thanks to that
>invading people by the second
>doing fun gimmicks for the sake of fun with friends
>making buddies along the way
>making people kill their Solaire
>making people kill other npcs
>being a douche by not actually helping the person when summoned
>getting several successful soul suck on people
>getting 99 legitimate souls and beyond
>all those delicious salty ass messages i got
>>
>>384332601
>i dont know what rings are: the post
>>
>>384331783
The hardest fight objectively would be the twin Sanctuary Guardian fight.
>>
>>384332713
>everyone is in the same covenant as me: the post
>>
>>384332634
GFWL was one of the worst online services I've ever used
But it was also the most fun I've ever had online

I wish Steam let you message people so easily, it feels so disconnected to just get an invite to a stupid group or something when you fuck with someone
>>
>>384332634
the direct messages from GFWL was the only thing people really liked about GFWL when DaS used it.
>>
>>384326632
This. Anor londo is a cakewalk compared to oolacile's high speed bullshittery
>>
>>384327258
Demon's Souls is the Citizen Kane of Dark Souls
>>
>see that rare crab enemy
>it's on the walkway leading to the archers
>>
File: 1477573135204.jpg (143KB, 719x817px) Image search: [Google]
1477573135204.jpg
143KB, 719x817px
>quits game
>>
>>384333773
he's piss easy though
>>
>>384333494
More like it's the Episode 4 of Dark Souls. Everyone says Episode 5 is better but real fans know Ep4 trumps it.
>>
>>384327340
Just stack poise lol. Just go in with full Giant's/Havel's armor and the fights a piece of cake. Artorias was a nightmare for me though since he hits so hard face tanking more than 1 hit at a time will get you killed.
>>
>>384333809
not on NG+
>>
>>384327032
Reddit FUCKING loves Dark Souls.
The game is shit. The combat is shit. The story is non-existent and the small bits and pieces that allude to some coherent meaning are endlessly interpreted (in the most retarded and correlation causation fallacy ways) by dumbfucks who act enthused about the game and pull shit out of their ass.

I hate Reddit, and I hate Dark Souls.
>Dark Souls II was unironically the best of the series, good music, great atmosphere (not the fucking gloomy edgy emo shit), decent characters (no :"le ebin sun bro XDD!"), solid design (none of that "here's some random shit that makes the game artificially harder")
>>
>>384327316
>>384327369
t. didn't play pre-patch
a short time after the game came out on PC they patched the archers so the left on was lower and couldn't see you when you reached the top. Before that he could shoot you from behind if you just rushed
It's not easy now, but it was a nightmare at launch
>>
>>384327340
Manus is pure "dark souls skill"
You need to learn his patterns, and what timings and directions to roll for each of them, and once you can do that with enough consistency to not run out of health before he dies you should never lose to him
There's no real surprises or bad RNG that can fuck you up, but he also doesn't have any really simple cheese like a lot of the base game bosses so really you just need to practice until you can do it.
The biggest thing I had to learn was that you avoid his ring of dark bullshit by running straight at him, and then you can get a really solid chunk of damage.
>>
>>384326632
>implying ds is hard
ok sure casual
>>
>>384334115
>Dark Souls II was unironically the best of the series, good music, great atmosphere (not the fucking gloomy edgy emo shit), decent characters (no :"le ebin sun bro XDD!"), solid design (none of that "here's some random shit that makes the game artificially harder")
I could really love this game but the thing is, after DS1 it just felt less "original" and "true" and more "forced", like they tried hard to re-create the feeling of the first game while also trying to make something completely new and ended up with incoherent clusterfuck of design and gameplay solutions. The game had some strongly atmospheric places (like No Man's Wharf, Huntsman's Copse, Dragon Aerie, Shrine of Amana, Castle Drangleic in vanilla, and Shulva and Frozen Eleum Loyce from DLCs) but they shared their heighborhood with absolute garbage ones (like The Gutter and Doors of Pharros, for example). The OST also wasn't the game's strong side. Majula is still the best hub tho.
>>
>>384326358
I don't understand why you would quit.

Even when you die in Dark Souls, you should have the drive to want to see what happens next and if you did think the Anor Londo archers were too tough, you could backtrack to Sen's Fortress and earlier to explore areas that you might have missed.

Now, I could understand that there are plenty of linear games where you'd be stuck at some Anor Londo archer-equivalent and it doesn't have equipment and spells that you can find, so you just know there is nothing to do but bash your head into this obstacle and there is no incentive to play, but Dark Souls isn't that.

Also, the archers aren't that bad at all.
>>
>>384334102
Im such a faggot, I always get havels armor set and the dragon tooth when going up against them.
>>
>>384334286
But it is easy now
>>
>>384334115
Retarded reactionary knee-nerk rant that couldve only existed in the post-Souls industry.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.