[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
What the fuck happened?
>>
Terrible engine, terrible optimization. Massive focus on removing any combat from the game made 50 player servers incredibly bland.
>>
The zombie survival fad died
>>
>>384318000
>Terrible engine, terrible optimization. Massive focus on removing any combat from the game made 50 player servers incredibly bland.
This, as of right now they're trying to make it a survival simulator, but in reality if anyone still cares they'll just mod the shit out of it to play epoch or something.
>>
>>384318000
Rocket "the Jew" hall took 2 years to copy paste there game into standalone, yet still managed to leave out zombies, respawning loot and vehicles.

Takes 6-12 months to release updates that could be coded by a single competent dev in a week.

Once he got everyone's $25 he ran.

Now he's a Molyneaux-tier dev who's basically just an ideas guy that'll pitch a half baked idea to get $20 from as many people as he can without releasing anything worth playing.
>>
>>384318701
>Massive focus on removing any combat from the game
what the hell someone give me the skinny on this
I haven't played in ages wtf are they doing
>>
>>384318750
Well it exploded, the market was overflowing, then it died, choking on its own brains
>>
>>384318808
>Want to try epoch
>It's like 12 gigs
>>
>>384318930
Doubt anyone would even bother mod this shitty mess.
>>
>>384318883
There are only 2-3 zombies in a town and they don't respawn. You don't need a weapon to kill them because a good punch to the head knocks em down.

He claims it's because "seeing zombies around a town you haven't been to yet is metagaming because you'll be able to tell there's someone else in the town that way"
>>
>>384318000
the day steam allows you to refund this is the day i can finally be happy
>>
>>384318883
>guns don't spawn with ammo
>guns don't spawn with magazines for the ammo most of the time
>34873739298894859 features for farming for food when everyone just spams apple trees
>weapon sway is like someone with palsy just ran a marathon and grabs a rifle
>weapons lag behind where you are actually aiming so any quick precision in shooting is gone, especially in close quarters.
>many guns completely useless because of item damagesoak
>you can still run incredibly fast and serpentine like a lunatic making hitting a running target not even worth the ammo

there's more but I won't even bother going into it
>>
>>384319373
This
>Game about zombies and player PvP
>"Guys it's taken us 18 months but we've finally added crafting recipes for pancakes!"
>>
>>384319153
It would have to come out of early access an d get a full release, but that's enver happening
>>
>>384318883
After they changed coast spawns and loot, frequent pvp became nonexistent. This lead to boring game play.
>>
>>384319141
>>384319373

this sounds fucking incredibly bad holy shit
>>
>>384320180
and the best part is that it will never ever leave Early Access because they know it will be refunded to hell the moment it becomes a full release
>>
>>384320303
Yup, and Rocket had already been ideas guy for 2 more games and he hasn't even started those, still has advertisers and fans on patreon throwing him money. Early access zombie/survival games also give him credit with a "special thanks to".
>>
>>384320180
>Believing shit off 4chan

Don't be lazy and do your own fucking research you fucking moron.
>>
File: wOkUyOf7NDBswAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png (375KB, 953x1269px) Image search: [Google]
wOkUyOf7NDBswAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png
375KB, 953x1269px
>>384321512
go to bed rocket
>>
>>384321512
No-one wants to play your game, Rocket
>>
>>384320180
all the things those guys said were true 2 years ago but it's all been fixed aside from the apple tree glitch and player speed hasn't been adjusted yet
>>
>>384318000
It's a social experiment :^)

of how dumb people are to throw their money at unfinished games
>>
>>384322404
Still no vehicles, zombies or respawning loot
>>
>>384322596
yes there is, you obviously haven't played it in a long time
>>
File: 2423348-deanhall.jpg (52KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2423348-deanhall.jpg
52KB, 500x333px
“At the current time the core development of the base DayZ game is projected to run between 2.5 to 3.5 years. (Putting the departure from Early Access at approximately mid 2017)”
>>
>a game about survival
>selling point is its realism

>most optimal way to play is to spring around at max speed with a full auto weapon because it's almost impossible to hit a moving target
>>
I hate to defend the game, but they've had to replace nearly every facet of RV Engine. RV wasn't built to do most of the things DayZ does, and modularily replacing the engine of an already existing game is no simple task. Their biggest mistake was starting with the ArmA 2 iteration of the engine instead of the ArmA 3 codebase.
>>
Is it true that if this game ever gets finished and "releases" on Steam, I can get my fucking money back?
>>
>>384322679
They don't respawn and 7 zombies instead of 3 isn't a lot.
>>
>>384318000
>What the fuck happened?

Devs weren't sure what DayZ was supposed to be.

Too long in development, often developing the wrong ideas.

Zombies weren't a threat, both in the individual qualities of the zombies and the sheer lack of quantity of zombies, lack of content and atmosphere compared to the mod (still haven't added the creepy DayZ mod music).

Even the survival aspects are weird and really mismatched, how you can starve faster than you can die of dehydration, how you die in like 20 minutes with no food, ect.

Constantly reworking the engine when at this point it would have been better just to build it on the ARMA 3 engine and it would have been a better game.

But ultimately, the devs just don't know what sort of game DayZ is supposed to be. That's it. It just has no sense of identity with the devs right now. They have no idea what to do with it.
>>
>>384320180
NO ITS EVEN FUCKING WORSE, I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD ITS SHIET, I mean dayZ was never the best looking mod but atleast you could build bases and shit in the air with helicopters, I mean that was the best fucking part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWYGSKjAJI&t=383s
There's so much to explain, just watch the video and check out the other one he made to trash them again on their progress.
>>
>>384320180

The mod is still better than the Standalone.

I'd argue the only things SA has that's better than the mod is having predators like wolves and the animals act better. Outside of that the ARMA 2 vanilla mod is superior in almost every aspect.
>>
>>384326836
>and shit in the air with helicopters
Sorry if this confuses anyone, there's just too much to explain to this new guy.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.