[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mother 3 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: mother3ending.jpg (26KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
mother3ending.jpg
26KB, 620x310px
>Calls itself a video game board
>Doesn't have a thread for the best RPG ever made
>>
mother 3 is fun, but doesn't, and will never live up to the hype surrounding it.

also FF6 and chrono trigger are both better.
>>
About a decade late there OP
>>
>>384318112
I was never a fan of EarthBound so I ignored Mother 3 until last week
>>
File: monsters.png (134KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
monsters.png
134KB, 500x666px
>>384317804
My favorite game ever made but even I can acknowledge there are better rpgs probably. Still happy to see a thread for M3. Few years ago I bought a physical copy with the box and all inserts. If I had the money I would probably get the deluxe box.
>>
Overrated as fuck.
It's a good game, but the story isn't anything as complex or mind blowing as the dumb fans want you to believe.
For a Nintendo game, though? Maybe.
>>
>>384318487
*for a Nintendo-developed game
>>
>>384318210
>call a game "the best rpg ever made"
>just because you played it last week
nah, you are a shit op
>>
>>384318487
I didn't think the story was super mind blowing. The twist that Claus is the Masked Man is pretty obvious from the part where they mistake Lucas for him. Really, it's just a lot of nice moments leading up to the amazing ending with the overarching story being pretty uninteresting compared to Lucas and his family/party's character arcs.
>>
>>384318350
Do they have a box or manual for the fan translation cart or do you need to buy the Japanese game for the extras?
>>
>>384318350
>years ago during the Mother 3 hype
>try to buy the special M3 gba and game set on eBay
>snipers always came in at the last second

Shit sucked.
>>
>>384317804

Literally the most overrated JRPG ever, and that's including Final Fantasies VI and VII.
>>
>>384320591
No, honestly I think buying a fan translation cart is kind of a dick move. You're paying someone for the makers of the games and the translations team work (which they did as free). If you want to do it but I can't say I like it.

As for content it depends, different people make different repos so it depends who you order from.
>>
>>384317804
Text based adventures aren't games.
Sorry.
>>
>>384317998
>mother 3 is fun, but doesn't, and will never live up to the hype surrounding it.

>play earthbound
>this is alright
>get bored and drop it around fourside
>few years pass
>hear about mother 3
>dude this game will make you emotional
>yeah right
>few more years pass
>decide to give it a shot
>holy fuck this is good
>get to ending
>weep like a little bitch

i don't think i've played any other game that got hyped up to the degree mother 3 did, yet met my expectations fully
>>
>>384321317
bait harder. Here's a pity (you)
>>
The impact of the story was lost on me because I got stuck grinding where you're in the rafters of some building and the rats are the only save point
>>
File: 1405472_p0.jpg (89KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1405472_p0.jpg
89KB, 500x400px
>>384320591
Sorry, I reread your question again and think I misunderstood. I doubt any repo would come with the inserts of a real game, that would be weird. If you want the official inserts you need to buy the real thing. If you really want I can take some shitty phone pictures if you're curious on something.
>>
>>384321069
>including Final Fantasies VI and VII.
>FFVII

this is hyperbole. FFVII is the most overrated gmae of all time, so it by default must be the most overrated JRPG.
>>
>make series
>it's great
>end it
>should we try something similar under a new IP?
>nah. Is Fire Emblem XCVII ready for release?
N I N T E N D O
>>
>>384321443
No, I was mostly wondering if an English manual existed
>>
>>384321517
Itoi has said he doesn't want to make a new one so I think it's better that it ended instead of turning into Paper Mario
>>
File: autism!.jpg (42KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
autism!.jpg
42KB, 620x420px
>liking tumblrtale-like shit
Let me guess, you care about games because of the story and completely dismiss the gameplay, right?
Fucking faggot.

Sage.
>>
>overrated shit from and overrated shitty franchise
>best anything
Am I really on /v/?
>>
>>384321808
>Being suprised that people on /v/ have bad opinions
>>
>>384321693
the game is fun to play and enforces the story further faggot
>>
take this garbage back to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>384321602
Itoi doesn't have to be involved.

>>384321693
Games with "good gameplay" are a diamond dozen on Steam. Fuck off.
>>
>>384321517
It wouldn't bother me so much if Paper Mario wasn't gutted to hell and back by Tanabe. >"But Mario is for kids, why would that make a difference if they no longer make Mario RPG's?" Yet "babby's first jrpg" somehow ends up on everyone's top jrpg lists.

>But Xenoblade!

Which is basically Sword Art Online at this point.
>>
>>384317804
Like Earthbound it's hideously overrated. I like it but compared to what we could've had on the N64 I will eternally be disappointed.
>>
>>384317804
Earthbound was better
>>
>>384322002
>>"But Mario is for kids, why would that make a difference if they no longer make Mario RPG's?"

Who are you quoting?
>>
Well, looks like we can't have a comfy Mother thread without all the /pol/tards jumping in and trying to shit on a perfect game.

If only all of you idiots would just go back to your containment board.

Just let this thread die.
>>
>>384322438
nice red.dit spacing cuckboi
>>
>>384322438
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>384317998
>will never live up to the hype
well I'm just going to have to disagree with you as hard as I can here. The finale is a heart rending tear jerker and the series wraps up the final legacy of gigue that started in mother 1 even if it was hasty in the last moments.
>>
>>384317998
They are not. Especially CT is all nostalgia and doesn't hold up. M3 on the other hand, isn't reliant on you having grown up with a nes/snes
>>
File: PP X.jpg (13KB, 380x287px) Image search: [Google]
PP X.jpg
13KB, 380x287px
It's pretty good
>>
>/v/ hates mother 3 now
What happened?
>>
>>384326578
People who never played the game saw OP calling something the best game ever made and got salty
>>
>>384326578
/v/ no longer has any direction in what a community does or does not like. it's only a chaotic mess of ironic shitposts going every which way now.
>>
>>384317804
If it is the best RPG ever, why is its actual RPG mechanics so fucking mediocre? Almost nothing about it makes it any different than any other DQ clone.
>>
>>384326578
Fucking Undertale happened, you know that.
but it's just le theory
>>
>Doesn't have a thread for the best RPG ever made

cool, we gonna discuss chrono trigger, xenogears, xenoblade, or bloodborne ITT?
>>
>>384317998
>FF6 and CT
>better than M3
Not thinking so, even though they're both fine games in their own right.
>>
>>384321997
>diamond dozen
>>
>>384327478
But the best RPG ever made is Gothic 2.
>>
>>384327675
you're still here? Fuck off you annoying insect
>>
>>384320231

It's supposed to be obvious that's who it is. The twist is that he kills himself since he would rather die than hurt a family member
>>
>>384317804
I wanted the real last boss
>>
>>384322438
>pol
fuck off to reddit with your reddit spacing and muh boogeyman shit, literally nothing up to and beyond your post has been political or racist
>>
>>384318887
Judge a game not by its merits, but how long you've been a fan of it. That's my code, and it's the best one there is since I've had it for a long long time.
>>
>>384321693
Countersage for being a faggot
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.