[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would make Bloodborne 2 better than the original?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

File: loSd1yj_d.jpg (32KB, 640x341px) Image search: [Google]
loSd1yj_d.jpg
32KB, 640x341px
What would make Bloodborne 2 better than the original?
>>
stable 30fps
>>
Add more trick weapons, clothing, and being able to teleport from a bonfire instead of going back to the dream. Everything else is perfect
>>
PC port
>>
>Blood Borne 11
Maybe if they released 2-10 first it'd be ok
>>
Existing
>>
More runes that turn you into beasts/cabbage great ones
>>
>>384316428
don't make me say it
>>
nothing. i hope they leave bloodborne alone and don't make a sequel, it's perfect how it is. i just want armored core 6.
>>
No fast travel
A more diverse colour palette & environment
Twice as many trick weapons
Give armour more worthwhile properties
A more engaging magic system
A better thought out chalice dungeon system
>>
File: SteelMill_interior.jpg (95KB, 825x462px) Image search: [Google]
SteelMill_interior.jpg
95KB, 825x462px
>>384316192
industrial revolution setting
>>
>>384316192
same game but set in asia with ayy lmao blood ninjas
>>
>>384316863
>just make everything better it's that simple
>>
File: IMG_0339.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0339.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Difficulty settings. Easy mode.
>>
>>384317054
Bloodborne is already the easiest souls game overall
>>
>>384317018
It doesn't need things added to it, just needs altering in its flaws and it'll be perfect.
>>
>>384316192
>What would make Bloodborne 2 better than the original?

If it wasnt a Dark Souls clone which is just a Demon Souls clone which is just a Kings Field clone which is just a Wizardry clone
>>
Replayability and a longer campaign. That's all it needs.
>>
>>384316192
Maybe a Steampunk, or something in-between that's a little more modern setting this time. Full co-op and a better combat system. Better air control with different moves such as jumping off walls and stuff. Basically steal stuff from Ninja Gaiden. A more advanced movement system that gets away from the Souls formula.
>>
>More equipment and magic variety
>Being able teleport between bonfires
>Including the pvp beast mode that was never added into the game
>Not rehashing the same locations/bosses
>Really well fleshed out covenants
>Chalice Dungeons that aren't randomly generated

Otherwise everything else can remain the same and it will be glorious. A higher frame rate would be ideal but that wont happen if it's exclusive to PS4.
>>
>>384317096

Early game is easier but level 5 chalice dungeons (especially defiled) are more difficult than anything the other souls games have offered.
>>
>More weapons
the weapons that were there were diverse, but I would like more weapons. It felt pretty boring for every weapon I got to be shelved because the starting weapons felt the most satisfying to me.
>Open up the world a bit
For about the first half of the game, I felt like i was being railroaded pretty hard toward objectives. It worked well since it took place in a city that should feel cramped, but I never felt the urge to explore because everything felt so laid out to me
>better covenants
they were pretty forgettable and i don't think I can remember them by name without looking them up.
>fix the fucking camera for your bosses
For some fights it felt more like I was battling just to keep track of the boss because of the small arenas they put you in to fight some of them
>More human bosses
They're just my favorite part of those games. Big bad beasts are great, but going toe-to-toe with another hunter feels like a real test of skill.
>>
>>384317173
ur just a faggot clone... faggot
>>
>>384316192
Fix the blood gems to not be RNG bullshit.
>>
>>384317780
I AM RUBBER YOU ARE GLUE

WHATEVER YOU SAY TO ME BOUNCES OFF ME AND STICKS TO YOU
>>
>Dark Souls 2 and 3 are lackluster
>Bloodborne is more fun for veterans of the series because the devs were free to try new stuff
>Now people want another Bloodborne rather than a fresh IP
>>
>>384316192
you shutting up about it
>>
Remove story Chalice Dungeons completely and have them strictly in the game as the FRC Root Chalices
>>
>>384316893
No.
>>
>>384316192

Better, and various beastforms.

Go full Dracula/Werewolf/Frankenstein.
>>
File: 1478217087082.jpg (73KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
1478217087082.jpg
73KB, 500x328px
>>384316192
More weapons and more fashion
The game being a little longer wouldn't hurt either
And personally, my biggest grievance with the first one
Doing A LOT MORE with Insight
I feel like they seriously dropped the ball
They did a couple of cool things with it but it was never enough
Having 99 Insight should change your game drastically
>>
>>384316192
No blood gems
No chalices depth 1-3
That's it
>>
>>384316863
>>384317448
>>384317726
>>384318480
I just saw a bunch of shit advice
>>
>>384318745
No one cares, fag
>>
>>384318745
i just read a really good post
>>
>>384319106
>No one cares, fag
yeah
>>
>no one has mentioned respec-ing yet
>>
>>384316192
More weapons/armor
Rifle only sets
>>
>>384318745

What's your great advice than faggot?
>>
>>384316192
Don't make shit sequel. Let a masterpiece stand alone for once.
>>
>>384316192
If it was actually just a port of Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>384319358
>respec-ing

the point of builds it to actually go through the game AS that build
>>
File: 161128175410.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
161128175410.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>>384316192
>4K
>>60fps
pls.
>>
>>384316610
ill do it for you
>>384316428
NEVER EVER
>>
>>384319661
That's why NG+ exists. Most builds (with weapons, stats and gems assuming you just go for winter lanterns just to go through the game you want) CAN'T be completed after like 80% of completion including the DLC.
>>
>>384319661
>Bloodletter build
>have to go through most of the DLC just to get your weapon
>do shit damage until then because you don't have any weapons that actually use your damage stat
And the point of builds is to keep your character in co-op/invasion range. There'd be no point otherwise since you can just run through NG+ over and over.
>>
>>384320004
>not rushing Castle Cainhurst ASAP

fucking pleb, you don't deserve to play bloodtinge
>>
no grinding for blood vials or silver bullets.

Anyone who disagree with me is a faggot.
>>
>>384320070
Would you rather it automatically refill your vials and bullets like a Souls game?

Or what's the alternative your suggesting?
>>
>>384319958
>That's why NG+ exists

yeah ng+ exists so you can keep leveling up and eventually do anything at a whim, which is what you want through respecs

>>384320004
>have to go through most of the DLC just to get your weapon

that's not because of lack of respecs that's lack of giving every type of build decent items available to them

>And the point of builds is to keep your character in co-op/invasion range

no. the point of builds is to differentiate characters and increase replay value.

ever play through a certain section as a mage and have a tough as fuck time but blew through it as a tanky warrior? that's why builds exist.
>>
No chalice dungeon meme grinding. Certain dungeon layers are guaranteed to drop certain gems, that had varying secondary and negative qualities, as well as minor % variances.

Make the shotguns fucking useful. Firing slower for a wider area is worthless when you can lock on with a pistol that fires twice as fast and is dead on. Shotguns should be bloodtinge weapons, so you can do hugeass damage with them like the enemy hunters do.

More monster shit, less space shit. The game should be 70% monster shit, 30% space shit. Not 50/50. It should be focused on hunting monsters and the night of the hunt, not Ayys.

Worthwhile roles from NPCs. Not random people who sit around doing nothing, giving you worthless shit.
>>
>>384320165
>Would you rather it automatically refill your vials and bullets like a Souls game?

estus system is perfect and really shouldn't have been changed.

as for bullets, they should have just had a BP bar that refilled whenever you hit an enemy or something, to keep with the reckless combat style.
>>
>>384316192
No dogs
>>
How do you pronounce Bloodtinge lade?
>>
>>384320449
blood tin-guh
>>
>>384316192
On the Switch
>>
>>384320064
>using a cuck sword
>having to put points into skill just to hold a weapon you don't even want
And you still have to fight Logarius with weapons that don't scale.
>>
>>384320449
blood tinj
>>
>>384320254
>yeah ng+ exists so you can keep leveling up and eventually do anything at a whim, which is what you want through respecs

Nice projection. It's our fault if you can't control your urge to level up.
>>
Lamps work like bonfires to make farming a bit less tedious.
Press L3 to jump.
>>
File: bloodborne sucks.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne sucks.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
>>384316192
There are a trillion different ways to improve on one of the easiest games in the history of gaming franchises. Seriously each area following the "chosen hunter" and his excessively buffed weapons from assorted game locations as he fights brainless enemies has been less engaging than the last. Aside from the handholding, the game's only consistency is providing you with absolutely retarded, unchallenging mobs and allowing you to run through all of them without any combative motivation thoughout the entire game. All to make the difficult feel easy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when From Software voted to make the game a PS4 exclusive; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for the souls series. Bloodborne might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Final Fantasy 7 in its refusal of challenge, skill and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the Dark Souls games were good though
"No!"
The enemies were easy; the bosses were unfairly hard. As I played, I noticed that every time a enemy went for an attack, he spent an unrealistic amount of time telegraphing an attack.
I began marking on the back of an envelope every second the enemy stretched his arm back. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope a several dozen times. I was incredulous. Miyazaki's mind is so governed by outdated game design philosophies that he has no other style of challenge. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Dark Souls by the same Kevin-V from Gamespot. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Bloodborne at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play the Star Wars Jedi Knight." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Bloodborne" you are, in fact, trained to play Jedi Academy.
>>
>>384321176
What is the best way to get through the Chalice dungeons? I want the shortest chalice choices to get to Yharnam? I don't care if things get difficult because shorter path to get to her chalice.
>>
File: Speedrun Chalice Dungeons.jpg (494KB, 824x4552px) Image search: [Google]
Speedrun Chalice Dungeons.jpg
494KB, 824x4552px
>>384321373
Have to get Ailing Loran and Isz for materials, but here you go.
>>
>>384320780
>Nice projection

nice job getting defensive. i wasn't insulting you.

you LITERALLY want to be able to change your character to anything else at a whim. this is a fact.

if you want to keep a character at a certain level for a certain area to do invasions or co-op then i would suggest a non-shit version of the level scaling from ds3.

you would be cheapening the game by just running through it as a cookie cutter easy build and switching to a more niche build rather than just playing through the game and dealing with the challenges that it brings.
>>
>>384316192
An entirely different setting, preferably using only sporadic references to the original, using the same general gameplay. And please don't call it Bloodborne 2.
>>
>>384316391
>having to wish for stable 30
so this is what it is like being a sony pony...
>>
>>384321520
Thanks. This will be useful.
>>
File: 1453058355450.jpg (85KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
1453058355450.jpg
85KB, 500x673px
>>384317642
Ringed City was harder imo

wait, actually, fighting that asshole NPC in the cathedral was harder
>1 minute and a half fighting him
>he's under half health
>try to keep the pressure up so he can't blood vial
>he parries me once
>I'm ded

I fucking HATE some NPCs on BB
>>
>>384321580
Yeah, I read the rest of your post and actually agree with you. It's fun to find new challenges with different builds.
>>
>>384321520
I wish I had this when I played it. That's really handy.
>>
>>384316192

The Blood Purity mechanic that was teased in mid-development but ultimately scrapped.
>>
>>384316192
If they do make Bloodborne II I hope the true final boss is the good hunter after they transform into a great one in the first game's true end. I wouldn't mind if they did a similar think to Demon's Sould where you kill the helpless slug baby.
>>
>>384321580
one more thing: i think respecs are a bandage to a problem that shouldn't exist.

people should want to play through the game as (for example) a mage in (for example) ds3. but the game makes this a chore due to lack of equipment and spell options, tedious gameplay, and huge difficulty spikes that other builds don't have to deal with at any point (magic resistant enemies).

i don't want respecs because we should be moving AWAY from designing a game that requires them.
>>
>>384322265
I can agree with your general reason, but allowing respecs is a much more manageable change to Bloodborne as it is now than making everything equally viable overall. Bloodborne has a special problem, where if you want to have a few different play styles for co-op, you have to go through the mainline chalice dungeons for each one and grind for your gems. Character A might even have a few good ones for character B, but you can't use them and if you just keep levelling, downscaling hits you so hard you're just worse off than a character who stopped in the mid-90s. Throwing in a way to respec after you've beaten the game is perfectly fine in my eyes.
>>
>>384320370
I was snippy in my response to you, but I actually really like your QS bullet bar idea.
>>
File: 1447781524969.jpg (360KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1447781524969.jpg
360KB, 1280x853px
>>384321520
>hardest
eeeeh
>funnest
N O P E
>>
>>384316391
>stable 30fps

holy fuck what year is this
>>
>>384321176
this meme is going too far
let it go man, it'll ruin your life
>>
File: ainsleyborn.jpg (24KB, 362x318px) Image search: [Google]
ainsleyborn.jpg
24KB, 362x318px
>>384321176
>tfw so pathetic you lurk /v/ to post your wiki'd platinum in every bloodborne thread that comes up

NOBODY IS IMPRESSED FAGGOT
>>
Better covenants
>>
>>384316391
i would be happy if it had stable 20 fps
>>
>>384316192
More weapons early on would be the main draw for me, lots of the fun stuff you really only got later on and more options is always nice
>>
>>384316192
As a sequel, it should go for Lovecraft's pulpier stories, that had more science-fiction elements to them like Re-Animator. Not specifically Lovecraft, but what other people were doing in the sci-fi horror of that genre.
>>
>>384323362
I hate 60 fps because it does not feel cinematic.
>>
>>384320070
Underrated post. Easily the worst part of the game
>>
>>384316192
Fix the frame pacing, I can deal with 30FPS but the bad frame pacing is just irritating.
>>
>>384328368
Sounds like you're never joined the gem grind.
>>
>>384316192
being on PC so its not a blurry, 15 fps piece of shit.
>>
>>384316863

Even DeS had quick travel dipshit. Don't try to turn a DeS inspired game into a DaS inspired game.

What bloodborne needs is:

>more varied environments
>more weapon variety in the mid-game
>longer storyline

Bloodborne also needs to either ditch the dungeons or revamp the dungeons to realize missed potential.

>the dungeon is now the "nightmare of oedon" instead of a tomb, allowing it to ignore all laws of reality and all lore limitations.
>the dungeon is now one continuous place instead of using chalice rituals. Deeper levels are unlocked via unsealing rituals within the dungeon.
>no more mandatory side patchs just to get chalice ingredients. All needed shit can be found within the dungeon proper or in the main game world
>more complex. And bigger floors to make up for loss of side paths
>dungeon, because it is now a nightmare, can pull from many different whimsical environment. Floor 1 can be a tomb, floor 2 a forest, floor 3 winter village.
>similarly, the dungeon can now pull from the entire game's boss pool, including secret and final bosses.
>bosses do not scale up, no more merciless watchers on dungeon difficulty 5. Bosses are now taile
Ored for specific floor ranges to make late game dungeons a more exciting experience. Early floors will have simple enemy bosses, mid-range floors sampling from the majority of the games bosses and hard shit like abhorrent beast. Late dungeon floors using the end-game bosses and unique bosses to provide a genuine and exciting challenge.
>>
File: 1351396948308.jpg (14KB, 220x209px) Image search: [Google]
1351396948308.jpg
14KB, 220x209px
>>384326924
>>
>>384329514
>Even DeS had quick travel dipshit
Endgame when you were quick traveling around was the weakest part
>>
>>384329723

You dont even know what game im talking about.
>>
>>384316192
stake park with sick tunes
>>
>>384316192
Being a different setting and premise with souls-alike gameplay and not being called Bloodborn 2.
>>
>>384316192
Stay Victorian from start to finish rather than coating everything in fleshy generic horror shit.
>>
>Stable framerate
>More diversity of weapons
>Give occult items more use beyond build seasoning
>Either remove NPC hunters or put some effort into their encounters beyond massively inflating their health and damage output. It's not fun fighting faggots that can spam gunshots that do 15 times more damage than yours with infinite ammo that take 5 viscerals minimum to kill.
>Make clothing stats more useful overall. Not like Dark Souls armor necessarily, but as it is the buffs you get from armor sets are so worthless that they can be totally ignored.
>Ability to level up and teleport from lamps rather than being forced through long loading screens every time you want to move locations/level.
>More optional areas, like Cainhurst. I love that shit.
>Make some worthwhile NPCs. It's frustrating how no Souls-like except for DaS1 has ever presented a well fleshed out and interesting cast of characters. Aside from 1 or 2 BB NPCs had no personality, to the point that even bosses like Gascoigne and Micolash were more likeable, despite having barely any lines and 0 interaction with the player.
>Keep core gameplay the same. Don't add/remove stats, don't fuck with the basic mechanics. Fine-tuning is fine, but don't try to re-invent the wheel like DaS2 did. BB has lots of problems, but the minute-to-minute gameplay was not one of them.
>>
>>384330762
Underrated post. Easily the worst part of the game
>>
don't waste dev time on shitty chalice dungeons, make hunter tools more effective, make at least one weapon for every quality build (there is no arcane/bloodtinge nor arcane/skill weapon)
>>
>>384317173
Pretty much this. Souls games are so boring.
>>
No need to polish the graphics any further so please focus on making the load time faster.
>>
File: 1426056014554.gif (207KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426056014554.gif
207KB, 500x500px
>>384316192
>about 10 more weapons than base BB had
>bonfires instead of hunters dream
>either better/real magic(arcane) or get rid of magic
>vampires not beasts/wolves(pic related)
>alien fodder enemies and more great ones
>60fps
>Boss rush mode
>1 giant interconnected chalice dungeon(post game only)
>chalice dungeon works like destiny/mmo's where you actually meet other players
>focus PvP in that dungeon but don't remove normal invasions
>you need to enable PvP and you can fight any person you come across who as PvP enabled
>(maybe) killing players earns you tokens that let you change the difficulty of the dungeon(harder or easier) for all players, resets daily
>>
More variety with environments, most of the game felt samey. Would be cool to explore a tomb of a great one or something.
>>
a plot
>>
How are they supposed to make a plot for the sequel since the Yharnum is entirely finished already?
>>
File: 1487106333189.jpg (71KB, 452x363px) Image search: [Google]
1487106333189.jpg
71KB, 452x363px
>>384321176
>"No!"
Everytime.
>>
Is it just me to think that hunter step is harder to dodge than rolling in DaS?
>>
Caribbean/Southern North American setting during the piracy era. It would keep a lot of the aesthetics in clothing and weapons, add the sea and whatever's in it to the horror aspect of the game and would make for some fun locations and sea beasts.
>>
>>384321176
bruh I almost envy the dedication you have to shitposting. I wish I could care as much about something as you do about being a lil' reposting bitch.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.