[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite activity? What moments do you remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 49

File: wow.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
What was your favorite activity? What moments do you remember the most fondly?

im on elysium and having trouble getting into it
>>
>>384309039
masturbating in Goldshire
>>
>>384309039
Playing with friends.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die.
>>
>>384309039

The first year, when everyone was having fun adventuring and exploring, and MMO's hadn't fully devolved into "race to max level and get purples" bullshit yet.
>>
>>384309039
i would get drunk at home at night and then spend literally tons of gold at the inns getting drunk in the game and then going out on fishing trips with my guild friends and camp out.

night elf hunter with herb/alchey with cooking 250/250
>>
>>384309039
Roleplaying. Especially fights.
>>
BE THERE NIGGERS https://www.felmyst.com/#
>>
>>384309039
Not knowing everything and just fucking around with new friends and doing things your own way without looking up a guide or some shit
>>
File: wakemeup.jpg (20KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.jpg
20KB, 497x497px
>>384309039
all the countless skype and discord contacts added for arena
>>
>>384309039
Masturbating to the nearly naked female night elf, human, orc and troll models.
>>
>>384309039
i played a little WoD, a little Legion and Nostalrius.
man WoW is pretty fucking overrated, but it sure did perfect the whole carrot on a stick thing and the "my friends want to raid/dungeon better catch up fast"
it's not actually fun to play.
the most fun i had with an MMO was roleplaying in ESO wich happens on every server naturally.
>>
DUROTAR AND FUCKING MULGORE

I cannot even believe how amazing it was to run around the open plains (or desert) with your biggest concern being some sentient pigs or small splinter cults. Music was top notch as well.

Now everything has to fucking be a world shattering threat, and the music, while not BAD, never takes a fucking break from being a massive orchestral cacophony using every instrument possible at the loudest volume possible.
>>
>>384309942
>Not Vent
>Not TS
>Fucking Skype and Discord

Underage b&
>>
>>384309039
Currently playing on a Wotlk server.
Can't escape.
>>
>>384310374
vent was for trolling raids doing Khazar, silly
>>
>>384310461

warmane_icecrown?

me too
>>
File: kodakblack.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
kodakblack.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Barrens and trade chat. That initial rush you got when you first started pvping. Or those moments where like...

>Be lvl 35 or fury warrior
>See a paladin in STV taking on some mobs
>Just watch and while I'm watching him I get attacked by some mobs too
>Finish killing them and notice he's watching me also
>We wave to each other and start eating and shit
>We bow
>And fucking start going at it
>He mops me up
>Get back to my corpse and he once again bows to me
>And we keep going at it
>We did this 15 times, he killed me more than I killed him

It felt like I was in the middle of some epic shit doing this as a kid.
>>
>>384309039
>leaving dwarf starter area
>Through the tunnel
>emerging and looking in awe of dun morogh
Why they replaced it with a helicopter is beyond me
>>
File: 1490875978368.jpg (312KB, 720x927px) Image search: [Google]
1490875978368.jpg
312KB, 720x927px
any lvl 18+ here wanna do deadmines on elysium
>>
>>384310297
This tobequitehonestfamalamadingdong. Apart from conveniencefags turning the fun and adventurous skinner box into a soul crushing skinner box with a garbage community, I think the biggest mistake was the serial escalation. Of everything. Plot villains, gear, player character power levels, even prominent NPCs. After your millionth time saving the world you get pretty fatigued about the entire thing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>384309039
Never really played WoW much but I loved the Draenei starting areas, especially bloodmyst isle

I know the area was supposed to be completely fucked but I always thought it looked comfy
>>
>>384309039
How does playing WoW work, do I have to subscribe, or just pay once?
>>
>>384311048
lmao the burning crusade aesthetic was shit get fucked
>>
>>384310781
Yup. Waiting for raids to reset, so taking a break for today.
>>
>>384311153
both
>>
>>384310898
>you'll never get to crusade against those orc cunts as a dwarf paladin
>>
>>384309039
Good luck OP. Its gone and its not coming back.

What made the game fun was its community. Everything up to and including watching paint dry is fun with friends, but there's something to be said for a fuckhuge persistent world full of people to meet and fight.

The community is shit now and that alone is enough to destroy any lasting fun.
>>
>>384311260
I only ever played horde
>>
File: 1497248076883.gif (424KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1497248076883.gif
424KB, 480x270px
Ganking lowbie alliance scum in Darkshire and Redridge mountains as my lvl 60 Rogue and camping the shit out of them.

Nobody can save you from what they cannot see.
>>
>>384310783
Finding a worthy opponent was the best. I hate that its mostly kill on sight now, though. Wacky hijinks with some cunt you couldn't speak to were definitely one of the highlights.
>>
>>384310783
Spontaneous PVP like that was the best
>Lv40ish prot warrior, questing out somewhere
>Had all my recent gear from being run insta's by high level buddy, just tearing through mobs
>Two high lv30 Hord motherfuckers jump me all of a sudden, rogue and mage. trying to take down the big dog
>SWORD N BOARD TIME
>Spend an hour smashing those cunts as they come at me again and again
Tanking PVP was great fun
>>
>99% of players were complete casuals
>farm some gear or get glad in arena for free gear
>gank everyting
>win every encounter
>win 1v4s
>>
Short unrelated story while this thread is up

>Leveling lowbie character during late TBC
>Orc warlock
>Get a hardon every time I get a chance to duel or fight
>Autistically despise using "cheap" shit like fear
>Pretty consistently win duels and PVP in roughly equal fights
>In hindsight probably because lock was slightly OP at the time
>Only class that can reliably make me sweat and or lose is shammy
>Grudgingly gain a healthy respect for them, even if I could never get in to actually playing as one

Honestly I don't even know where I was going with this but I felt like sharing
>>
>>384310297
It's funny how a dirty Moonbrook thug is more frightening than "DEATHWING: THE ASPECT OF DEATH"
>>
>>384309039
Unsubscribing. maining the uninstall wizard.
>>
>>384312458
They had personality. Reading about them didn't make your brain shut off from the sheer amount of cheese.
>>
>>384311612
>>384311703
The best part is halfway my boy got on and met me where I was and just watched us and took some screenshots. I hate ganking. I'll always try to let someone finish their mobs and get regrouped before trying to murk them. The best was when you were questing with abuddy and you saw someone else questing with their buddy and you guys started going at it.

Fucking, Tanaris used to be the hot spot. So did STV. Even during BC-Cata I had some fun doing that spontaneous pvp, although most people now a days don't want to do that shit they just wanna keep playing in their sand box.

>My boy who I mentioned is serving 25 years in prison for drug trafficking
>My brother is married with kids
>Online friends all disappeared
>Guild broke up
>Cousin hates WoW now
>Other irl buddies just outgrew it, or better yet, just outgrew me or I outgrew them and don't even speak to them at all anymore
>Don't play it myself either
>Still got that itch to go back one time
>>
File: Xv58Nhd.jpg (79KB, 453x634px) Image search: [Google]
Xv58Nhd.jpg
79KB, 453x634px
>>384312458
>>384312664
>Frightening thugs
HUH
>>
>>384311493
She unironically looks better when her pupils get smaller.
what is this chinese cartoon
>>
File: 1776.jpg (100KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1776.jpg
100KB, 480x454px
>>384312764
>>
>>384312756
>Gank someone
>He calls his friend
>You call your friend
>They call their friends
>Repeat
>Race riot/gang war for the next 2 hours
>>
>>384312823
Binbougami ga!
>>
File: 1500301936453.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1500301936453.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>384312971
>Walk outside gadgetstan or whatever the fuck
>Get into massive riot that spills into town and end up teaming up with the opps to kill the guards

Plz bring me back
>>
>>384313118
>Take the boat to booty bay
>Some guy and his guild is razing the place to grind pirate rep
>They're on the opposite faction
The boat just left
>>
I liked fucking with other players mostly. Raids and such were cool too but I just liked the interactions with people. Used to always jump onto the roof in Goldshire as a Troll and spam emotes while noobs kept failing to make the jump. Things like that. Seeing enemy players in the world, stalking them around as they quested then killing their targets and such. Always liked PvP more than PvE, so I did lots of arenas and bgs up until I quit at the end of Wrath

Was cool to just walk around and encounter people, then either talk for a bit or kill them
>>
Wait for Crestfall you idiot.
>>
>every time someone of the opposite faction ganked you, insulted you or wronged you in any way
>put them into a long /target <name> macro
>no matter where you go compulsively press the macro key
>hoping for the fateful time you get someone in target
>revenge
>>
File: 7PuFP0i.jpg (86KB, 1500x958px) Image search: [Google]
7PuFP0i.jpg
86KB, 1500x958px
The first time leveling in darkshore
The first time leveling in tirisfal glades
The firs time leveling in elwynn forest

The comfy music and sense of exploration, all lost and I can never enjoy an mmo ever again due to the feeling of fear and excitement of what to do next is all but replaced with minmaxing and rushing to endgame.

TESO kept me interested for a bit, there was that spark there, but I don't think any mmo will do it for me until we truly hit next gen with VR matrix exploration
>>
>>384313378
>Spit on opps in Shat
>>
File: 1392780114942.jpg (55KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1392780114942.jpg
55KB, 300x290px
>>384309260
>>
>>384309039
Leveling and doing dungeons with close group of RL friends.
Went back to WoW alone when Legion got released, joined a guild that already had their own circle of friends, couldn't really get into it, just felt like another random guy that shows up on weekly raids and I stopped just before the Gul'dan raid.
>>
>>384313494
BUR.
>>
>>384309039
>What was your favorite activity?
Sitting around in Northern Barrens and shitposting in-person as well is in general chat
ERPing
doing those stupid fucking festival events, especially oktoberfest/brewfest
doing random dungeons and shit with people and being intentionally retarded, pulling shit I wasn't supposed to, trolling people that would get all autistic and triggered over me playing in a way they didnt like
>>
>>384313751
I miss the time when people were more open to being friendly to other people they met.
>>
I miss raiding. Used to love being the tank.
>>
>>384313958
Me too, when everyone was nice and naive you could really scam the hell out of them.
>>
>be 12
>be me
>make dwarf warrior on arthas
>name him swordslayer
>some asshole sais "what do you do, slay swords?
>my confidence is shattered
>oof
>meet a human warrior called uzothegreat
>we vow to eachother to become the greatest warriors ever
>cant do dungeons together cause we are both warriors
>eventually get to 55 and by this time i switch to deathknight
>get to 72
>go to darlaran
>get 3fps
>permastuck in darlaran
>/q forever.
>>
Anyone else used to just make those 14 day free trials to play on? Used to have lots of fun meeting new people in BGs and doing the few available early dungeons. Eventually they introduced the permanent trials too which was cool for a while. Grinded my way to heirlooms and dominated level 10-19 bracket battlegrounds. Had BiS everything
>>
>>384309039
>im on elysium and having trouble getting into it
probably because you're not 15 years old any more
>>
>>384312756
>My boy who I mentioned is serving 25 years in prison for drug trafficking
nigger detected
>>
File: 1474511727836.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
1474511727836.gif
405KB, 359x371px
When I first got windfury in STV on a really well geared troll enh shaman. Was level 33 and some 38 human rogue ganked me while I was half health attacking some mob.
>mfw he took me down to 100 and I got a windfury proc along with a crit
Literally one shot his ass, then the mob killed me. For those 10 horrible levels grinding in STV I probably one shot up to 20 ally's, always aggro on me though. I was never the aggressor because I was afraid they'd just call some friends or go on their main.
>>
File: 1497745982867.jpg (65KB, 750x642px) Image search: [Google]
1497745982867.jpg
65KB, 750x642px
Honestly, leveling for the first time as a Rogue in Wrath was some of the most fun I've ever had in WoW. I got the same feeling playing a Demon Hunter pre/post-Legion. Of course, now it doesn't feel the same anymore, since thr Fel Rush playstyle got massively gimped.
>tfw when you can never experience your favorite part of something for the first time as many times as you want and relive the awe you had
>>
>>384315850
Then you try something new. I always played shaman through my whole career. Now I'm leveling a fury on Elysium and having a blast. It's never too late to try something new anon.
>>
>>384315684
Really similar to me except I was a orc. Never a better feeling in the world than 2v1ing in STV as a Shaman with glorious Windfury procs. One time it as me against a priest and a paly, 100-0'd the Priest the second they started attacking me and the paly just stared at his corpse and then walked away. Never laughed harder once in my life
>>
>>384315929
But, anon. I've played everything, and only a few can really grip me. Demon Huntards are too comfy, otherwise I'd just be playing the same rogue I've had since BC. I have a 110 Monk, and Priest, and Leveling a DK. I might play Shaman, or something when I start the game up again. It just isn't the same though...
>>
>>384315684
This times a million

Low level ganking with your first char in STV in vanilla days was the best. Especially when horde was outnumbered 3 to 1 on all the servers. Your average horde player got so good at PvP that the forums were absolutely packed with Alliance babies crying about imbalance.

>That feel when a level 60 Shaman or an Undead Rogue shows up to help you and your horde friends out
>That overall feeling of comraderie that Horde had, way before "kek" and Blood Elves and Reddit mainstreamed it
>Those oldschool PvP videos
>>
File: 1459352610091.gif (641KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1459352610091.gif
641KB, 500x281px
>tfw when flying from island to island in Nagrand after finally getting your first flying mount

Flying mounts might be the perfect example of how WoW went to shit but they allowed for some really comfy moments.
My favourite thing about the early days of WoW was how spontaneous the whole experience could be, you would actually interact with people you ran into when playing. By the time I stopped playing, most people just camped in the Capital city of their choice waiting to be teleported to content to steamroll.
>>
>>384309039

I liked WoW pretty much solely for the WPvP. Never cared for arenas and BGs aren't the same. Ganking and getting ganked, being able to use gadgets and random items you've collected throughout the world to your advantage was always too much fun. Fighting on the classic continents were great until Cata. Goldshire was always packed, so it made for a fun spot to fuck around in as a Horde.

Don't play anymore, my salt reigns supreme for blizz cutting the warlock Metamorphosis.
>>
>>384309039
The thing that made WoW take off at first was the novelty of its instances. That was basically it. Firing that canon first time in deadmines was really something new and interesting in mmos.

It then rapidly became apparent it was actually a shit game that was going to ruin the industry, which it did.
>>
>>384309540
This
Also exploring the zones and looking for the secret hidden areas to chill in with my guild mates
>>
File: 1481744099421.gif (1MB, 390x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481744099421.gif
1MB, 390x300px
>seeing my friend one-shotting entire groups of players in a glitched-out Wintergrasp siege turret
>being part of the huge 200 man raid we launched on the alliance during wrath
>clipping into the tower at the orgrimmar gate on my alliance alt and kill flagged duelists with impunity
>wall jumping and glitching my way into the shatterspear village and ironforge airfield
>watching my GM doxx and nearly get some neckbeard in seattle arrested for CP as revenge for him stealing a cape my GM needed
>off-tanking my server's first successful lich king pug kill
>going through the dark portal for the first time
>seeing blackrock mountain for the first time
>my buddy lifetapping and screaming "ROGUE ROGUE ROGUE" during a dungeon to trick our autistic friend into wasting his LoH during a challenge mode dungeon
>making my first 1000g
>realizing that Scarlet Monastery has FOUR FUCKING INSTANCES for one dungeon
>45 minute duels against my buddy on his blood DK as a prot paladin in Wrath
>slow falling off of Thunder Bluff for the first time
>actually raiding competitively in Warlords with a guild made up of only close friends
>>
Yeah I've been playing Elysium too. Had a super fun 2 hour RFC run today. Loved spending my entire goddamn morning in RFC.
>>
File: barrens.jpg (9KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
barrens.jpg
9KB, 228x221px
remember the cancer?
>>
File: 1414239494466.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1414239494466.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>384318234
>my buddy lifetapping and screaming "ROGUE ROGUE ROGUE" during a dungeon to trick our autistic friend into wasting his LoH during a challenge mode dungeon

Kek, what a lad.
>>
>>384318956
It was the same friend who glitched the siege turret. He was an absolute ledge, still one of my best friends.
>>
>>384309039
I remember how i lost track of time where i just ran around doing nothing but explore, doing a few quests, ganking at stv, laughing my ass off when i got chased by 60s.

Now everyone only cares about the pot of golds at the end of the rainbow instead of the journey getting there. This include private server.
>>
>>384309039
I think more than anything I just miss the 'old playerbase'. Theres an episode of Recess where TJ gets injured and has to stay inside until he heals. He then meets these nerds who at first disgust him but after giving them a chance and playing DnD, he realizes how much fun they're having. Thats what old MMOs felt like to me.. Even in the famous Leeroy video when they're wiping on the whelps they don't even swear. Just feels like there was so much class back then but now the internet has changed in to a really shit place.
More than anything I miss politics not being injected in to everything, or social justice, the days before political correctness were just heavenly, unadulterated fun.
>>
>>384312756
>WoW itch
Don't do it! Once you sub back, you will remember why you quit and regretted it.
>>
>>384309039
Think what I'll never forget is first raid on the other faction. This was during the first three weeks of live on EU Arathor and as you might imagine the highest level in your raid was like level 50? There was a solid 40 of us though and another raid, we just went through Ashenvale and Kalimdor raping the Alliance towns. Astranaar mostly.
>>
File: 1500018745801.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500018745801.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>384313467
Stop.
>>
>>384309039
Uninstalling was pretty fun.
>>
>>384320345
>WoW now
>oh i better farm x form x hours per day for x days to get revered
>hmm if i do x dungeon with x percentage i will get x artifacts power by the next raid
>>
>>384309039
Playing the game.

Honestly though, looking back, Vanilla was a chore of a chore, beyond even AP grinding.
>>
>>384320820
>was a chore of a chore
if you play to gain the extra stats, it was. If you play just to have fun and do random shits instead of bashing your head in ursa camps, you will have more fun.
>>
>>384313467
I dont think anything will ever come close to the level of atmosphere wow had. I didn't know it at the time but it was top notch, to this day if i hear elwynn forest music it makes me want to resub again. The character design, art design, and level design is truly what made wow special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1XcJIDi1Qs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvW-QTiZLQ0

Too bad its being controlled and updated by what seems to be a group of interns based off their incompetence.
>>
File: 1495698978346m.jpg (91KB, 885x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495698978346m.jpg
91KB, 885x1024px
>>384309039
>You will never play another mmorpg as carefree again when you started vanilla WoW
>There's no other point in leveling and exploring than to get the end game where everybody is _the chosen one, master leader killer of alliance/horde_
>You will never be a simple adventurer again, making friends along the way
>>
File: 1355181406419.jpg (389KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1355181406419.jpg
389KB, 1000x1000px
>>384309039

Exploring and having fun.

I miss raiding when nobody had voice chat
>>
>>384320916
Even then, back in what was it, 1.12? Back then you would go OOM all the time and could barely pull more than 3 mobs without dying.

Plus the whole ranking shit for spells was entirely useless.

>>384321042

You were never just a simple adventurer in Vanilla. You beat Onyxia, Cthun and Ragnaros with a handful of lanklets.
>>
were mankirk wife
>>
>>384313467
>>384309039

Damn, Darkshore memories just hit me hard during release. I think I'll go with that. Just being Night Elf in their first 30 levels in general was amazing to experience with the last of the EQ generation
>>
I played a Paladin in classic, and all the way until MoP where I started playing alts due to things being account-wide.

I have an incredible amount of memories, don't know how to choose.
>>
>>384309039
Fishing, it was relaxing and unlike real fishing, I actually caught stuff.
>>
Exploring Teldrassil with a friend for the first time. The atmosphere felt really special. We swam towards Darkshore instead of taking the ship.
>>
Exploring Teldrassil with a friend for the first time. It had an incredible atmosphere for us. We swam towards Darkshore instead of using the ship.
>>
>>384318438

Barren was comfy as fuck

and then i made a alt later in vanilla, that was pretty worth it
>>
Ganking people in BRM for hours and hours. Mind Controlling alliance into the lava. Watching them burn alive.

BRM was our go to let's start shit spot.
>>
>>384321617

>You beat Onyxia, Cthun and Ragnaros with a handful of lanklets.

I mean most people probably didn't do that, and it came at the end of your journey instead of being what you're doing constantly.
>>
I singlehandedly made Cobalt worthless on Kiljaden for a while because I flooded the market with it. It was as low as 3 gold a stack in any form when I was done with it.
>>
will I get to recapture any of these moments if I resubscribe? my dude is somewhere midway through mists levelling when stopped.
>>
>>384309483
fuck i remember when getting a blue was pretty big
having to quest to get you mount or pet and even spells
i miss my warlock played him from the beginning
>>
>>384321617
>You beat Onyxia, Cthun and Ragnaros with a handful of lanklets

Those things were great feats of strength in my book, never experienced them myself. Now killing a god, world destroyer or a corrupted faction leader "just another day" in an autopilot gear roulette and having a legendary item means that you just got lucky while completing a quest.

Leveling through old content now is just a chore to get to the newest content as fast as possible, so you don't "miss" anything. In fact, they should drop the level cap increase in next expansion and focus on things to do, rather than wasting recources to make another "race to lvl 120 so you can start playing" -episode. There's no turning back so why not at least try something new?
>>
>>384322885
dont even put the effort in
it would take you a day or 2 to get to max
>>
>>384322885
>mists
you were already playing a long dead game. so no you won't ever get to experience most things people are talking about here
>>
Nostalgia servers are dogshit.

You will never get it back. It will never again be your first time playing WoW. You will never again be exploring zones for the first time, looking around in awe at this big, huge, unknown world and its haunting music. You will never again be reading all the quest text, getting balls-deep in the lore and immersing yourself in the world. You will never again step into Molten Core for the very first time, take a deep breath, and tell yourself "This is it. This is the big time."

You log in, you turbo through all the shit you've done ten thousand times before, you race to 60, you farm the same fucking epics you've already farmed a thousand times before, then you log off and wonder where all the content is and why it's not as fun as you remember.
>>
File: YOO1491357547741.png (120KB, 388x625px) Image search: [Google]
YOO1491357547741.png
120KB, 388x625px
>>384323916
>>
I really fucking want to get back on WoW but I have no fucking clue what to play. My favorite class is Death Knight because Undead was my favorite WC3 race but they only started to exist once WoW was in the middle of going to shit.
I can't decide between a Male Night Elf Arms warrior or a Male Tauren Enhancement shaman. I intend on mostly soloing and PVPing over raiding.
>>
>>384309039
Massive PvP battles.
>>
File: Cruise laugh.gif (2MB, 287x240px) Image search: [Google]
Cruise laugh.gif
2MB, 287x240px
>>384318234
>>
>>384322885
Just level a char in Elysium.
>>
>>384309039
Masturbating to Pandass
>>
>>384323916
Nice projection there. Why do you anti-fun fuckers flood in these threads everytime, telling everybody how they don't have fun in vanilla servers? I guess 35k people are just playing Elysium because it's not fun. Retard
>>
File: A rhetorical question.jpg (15KB, 339x436px) Image search: [Google]
A rhetorical question.jpg
15KB, 339x436px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U
>>
>>384323916
I'm playing it right now and having a fucking blast though.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_071017_212622.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_071017_212622.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
Smelting ore at Loch Mordan in Thelsemar

It was 2006 and I was 13 then. Would walk around mining copper and level my engineering. I still have that hunter.
>>
the time before WoW launched, when my friends and I would explore Norrath and fight gods and dragons. Now i feel like a banshee, wailing and haunting Norrath for the last 15 years with no hope for the future.

Fuck WoW.
>>
>>384309039
I used to spend all night in and around gold shire with my feral druid friend, and my sub rogue friend and myself as a mut rogue. We used to spend hours ganking people, sneaking around SW and just having fun. Miss doing shit like that
>>
File: 1500075900639.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1500075900639.gif
2MB, 500x374px
>>384309135
>>
Rogue
Scarlet Crusade US
Over 500 days played by the time I quit right before Mists
Subbed since May of 2005 Met my wife there in 2007, still together
I missed the older times
>>
>>384309039
Friday night STV fights

I would be out questing and out from nowhere a group of white-dress wearing Alliance characters swoop in, mind control me and dance with me before killing me
>>
File: Guild-wars-2-cover.png (628KB, 1074x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Guild-wars-2-cover.png
628KB, 1074x1500px
>>384326839
I know what that feels like, but my ire is reserved for this abomination instead.
>>
>>384326276
Rats in a skinner box aren't having fun by any meaningful definition of the word.
>>
>>384309039
Chilling out near city gates and popular questing hubs, watching/participating in random duels with people. Low-level Westfall dueling was what set the game apart for me.
>>
>>384327206
Yeah you guys think that you're having fun but you actually aren't.
>>
>>384311493
i'm sorry you were bullied in school
>>
>>384327382
"You think you do, but you don't"
>>
>>384309039
I used to run Deadmines religiously. Probably 7 or 8 times a day. I ran "Tours" of it, and would treat it like it was a Disney attraction. Near the end, I even dressed up in a tux and set my pet on aggro so we could just walk through the mines like I was a guide. I constantly leveled alts to the proper level and try to run groups through it, often treating it like it was a raid or BC dungeon (marks, CC order, etc.)

I fucking loved that dungeon.
>>
>>384326276
Elysium has like 5k peaks now, its other realms are dead.
>>
I was the go to guy for bitchwork and material farming in Classic and I fucking loved it.
>helping people open the keeper chest in BRD for the stuff to do the helmet enchant
>being the guy who made flasks in Scholo
>stealthing into BRD and lava swimming to do solo dark iron smelting runs
Too long ago, lads. The game has changed too much.
>>
>>384327206
Who the fuck are you to define how other people are having fun? Didn't realize I was responding to god.
>>
>You'll never walk up to the gates of Ironforge forst the first time and seeing that giant statue while the horns hit your soul as you lag into the lava pits and d/c ever again
>>
>>384327742
No anon that emotion in your brain that tells you you're having fun isn't actually real. You aren't having real fun you're having fake fun. The game is designed to trick you into thinking your having fun by activating the parts in your brain that respond to fun. A whole team of professional game critics reviewed this game and found that it is objectively not fun. Having fun doesn't make a game fun anyways r-retard...
>>
>you will never run though Stormwind at 2fps ever again
>>
File: The Slaughtered Lamb Sign.jpg (242KB, 767x681px) Image search: [Google]
The Slaughtered Lamb Sign.jpg
242KB, 767x681px
I'm at it again.

It feels fresh because it was so goddamn long ago in a vastly different state. People forget how much the game changed with every patch, so it's easy to go to a time where the game played completely differently and new to you.

Like back when Fear was considered the most overpowered spell in the game before the nerfs.
>>
>>384309483
when people pay money to get max level boosted bullshit i just.. i dont get it. leveling is the best part. if your mmo has shit leveling and is only worth it end game, its a shit mmo and it needs to fuck off.
>>
>>384328090
>shadow reflector
>wotf
>trinkets
>restorative potion

Nah, people were just shit at pvp back then.
>>
File: D1_sets.jpg (343KB, 900x400px) Image search: [Google]
D1_sets.jpg
343KB, 900x400px
>>384321682

shes fucking chuck norris
>>
File: 1351146115021.jpg (5KB, 166x160px) Image search: [Google]
1351146115021.jpg
5KB, 166x160px
I just went to the Elysium website, but I cant find any info on the different servers. Beside the PTR, whats the difference between servers and which should I pick? Theres Elysium, Darrowshire, and Anathema. They are all on different patches so I dont get it.
>>
>>384329239
Anathema is what Nost was supposed to be, Elysium is PvP and Darrowshire is PvE.
>>
>>384328037
good to know it wasn't just me. played this game for like 2 years on a 2000 dell prebuilt
slowed to a halt whenever I did much, could do instances just fine, but encountering people in the overworld would usually fuck me up
>>
>>384328201

I've got a friend who played WoW and always said that the real game never "started" until you hit max level. I never understood that, I had a blast leveling. I love exploring in games and I remember running around the different areas, seeing the sights, finding spots I liked and stuff like that. Then found raiding extremely boring and repetitive.
>>
>>384329465
>Anathema is what Nost was supposed to be

What does that mean?

And I dont like PVP servers, never played on one despite doing only pvp at max level and eventually getting Grand Marshal lul. But it looks like elysium has by FAR the most players so if I wanted to have any kind of fun I guess thats my only choice?
>>
>>384329654
That friend of yours was a part of the reason why mmo market today is what it is.
>>
>>384309039
being a hunter and pking north of booty bay. i would get into 2v1s all the time and kill them both felt great
>>
>>384329741

Yup. He quit WoW years ago and just sort of jumps between MMOs now. I think he's playing Skyforge at the moment, I'm not sure. He still says the same damn thing though; game never "starts" till you hit max level. I feel like he probably doesn't actually enjoy games, just needs something to spend his extra time on.
>>
>>384329654
I got Elder scroll online and all of its DLC, including the brand new morrowind, for $35. And so far the leveling is a blast. Every single quest is fully voiced and animated, and it makes it so fun, some of the quests are fucking awesome. I actually plan to do nothing but leveling, doing every quest in every zone, and then quitting. No interest in end game or PVP. Just give me the dope quests and voice acting.

Its like a 300+ hour long Elder Scrolls game that you can sometimes do dungeons with other players. But overall you can just solo and treat it like a regular Elder Scroll game with more abilities and shit. What a fucking steal for $35.
>>
>>384329694
When Nostalrius closed, Elysium picked up the pieces and Anathema had a different name as a server at that point, they were using their code and transfer of Nostalrius characters was enabled from Nost to Anathema via generating a token on Nost website page and entering it on Elysium page. Then things happened and they closed the token generator on their end first, then Nostalrius demanded they stop using their core/code because of all that shit the surrendermonkeys signed for the blizzard and the server was renamed to Anathema. That was also a complete and utter public suicide for Nost devgroup, demanding back a gift they passed onto a "worthy successor" as was promised.

Elysium is probably your best bet in my opinion, but get ready for ganking.
>>
It was pre TBC and my friends all played WoW. During my Senior year summer we would get together and Lan. We went out and bought snacks and pizza and leveled up in the game together. Doing every dungeon along the way, and coordinating with each other on how to beat it.

The most memorable night was the night a girl from school called, met up with her lost my virginity, then told her I had to help my brother in the morning. I left her almost as soon as we finished and went to lan with my bros the entire night. We ran Scarlet Monastery and I was a hero for getting laid and heading immediately over to our friends house.

God I miss those days, now i get bitched at if I play more than an hour in a sitting. And the little joy i get is posting on 4chan while she is sleeping.
>>
File: 1452899139658.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452899139658.gif
257KB, 500x500px
You got Elysium on one side, and retail on the other side

but what are some other good private server for wow? I'd love to see if any of them have custom content to explore, and different class/race to use
>>
>>384330230
Warmane for Wrath and TBC. Retrowow for instant pvp and testing meme builds.
>>
>>384330081
Nost was the one Bliz got all mad at right? And made them close it? How is this new server alive without Blizzard getting mad? How do we know the same thing wont happen again?

And do these servers keep any nice quality of life things? Like dungeon group finder? I understand the merit of spamming in the LFG channel to assemble dungeon groups, but sometimes it took SO long, and with the super low pop on the servers, it would seem almost impossible to do dungeons without a finder thing I can queue to.
>>
>>384330221
Where can I subscribe?
>>
>>384330381
The new server is alive because russians run it, they don't really care what blizzard says or does. No, they don't. They're almost completely vanilla as it was. There's a lot of shady business involving administration and the place is infested with chinese farmers and mail spam of gold selling though, just like in the old days of WoW. Elysium pop is not low, I never had issues with dungeons.
>>
>>384330381
I would be wary of what people tell you. Instead I suggest waiting for Crestfall. http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/
>>
>>384330894
lel
>>
>>384330894
Crestfall is literally never coming out.
>>
>>384327009
what game or whatever the fuck is this gif from
>>
>>384331249
EEnE:O
>>
I preordered WOW and went to the midnight release with my best friend. His dad drove us. I actually really treasure the memories of this night.

Playing PS2 online before, ordering pizza. I hear this game is a mom-org I've never played that.

So $100 later ($60 for the game + $30 2 month card) I play it and the game is just fucking garbage.

So basically 12 years later is it worth a second look?
>>
>>384314794
/thread

What I miss most about WoW was being a carefree teenager.
>>
>>384331729
Fuck off with this cerebral shit, happens every time private servers are brought up. WoW used to be a fantastic game, nothing wrong with wanting to play it how it was. Or should I just never return to old games I like?
>>
>>384328743
Wildheart was the only set ever to make night elf males look decent in a style fitting their race.
>>
>>384323916
I quit WoW the day BC came out because I realized that in no time, simple blue and greens would be better than my fucking Judgement (5/8) set that I spent a year and a half to get. I downloaded it last month and I'm loving it all over again. It's been over 10 years since I've played, so it's like a whole new world again. I doubt I'll ever get back to that level of playing, what with it inevitably being served a C&D and all, not to mention my real life, but it's fucking enjoyable nonetheless.
>>
Completely new to wow whats the best private server to try out? Stability and features while being close to retail are important to me.
>>
>>384332303
i also quit when BC came out, because it made my Grand Marshal gear seem pointless and also would be replaced in no time like you said. I came back for mists of panderia and it was ok. Wanted to try the two new classes, Deathknight and Monk, got them both to max level. Then quit. End game was boring. Leveling is the fun part for me. Also I only had one month free of game time. Overall a mediocre game and DEFINITELY not worth a monthly fee.
>>
Why dont you fags just go play the next big mmo, not read any wikis and be nice to strangers you meet in game?
>>
>>384332303
That's nice. Meanwhile the guild full of nostalgiafags I know all got bored and quit inside of two months.

You might get something out of it if you legitimately did stop playing WoW with Vanilla or BC; you've never known any version of the game that had any of the later anti-time-wasting-bullshit features and tweaks implemented, and you haven't been exposed to its world and style for a decade.

But people that have been playing it on and off for the last 12 years? Most of 'em played 'memberservers for like a month and then the gloss wore off. It's not the same game when you're meta-ing the shit out of it, so the nostalgia factor really isn't there, and the gameplay itself is rickety by modern standards.
>>
>>384330546
so no reason at all to pick anathema for a new player?
>>
>>384330381
It's a 1 GB download, why don't you go see for yourself? I'm enjoying it, but with the amount of walking and waiting involved I imagine most people would be too intimidated by the first 20 levels.
>>
>>384333372
Its full of raidloggers. I'm going to be real with you here, pretty much every private server on the market is shit, more shit than usual. Elysium is garbage with chinks and corrupt staff, but its got the pop so if you want to play it be my guest. Warmane tbc/wrath fakes their has a p2w cash shop, both have alt realms that are x1. Ascension wow, a custom funserver, just came out. SOme to look forward too are Felmyst tbc (LOTS of hype, scripts are damn near perfect, but open beta ends tomorrow, server comes out the 21st). And Northcraft x1/instant 68 wrath server, runs on sunwell core so will probably be shit.
>>
>>384330381
Nost didn't get shut down because Blizzard got mad, it got shut down because the people running the server just wanted to get an in with blizzard. Every single server gets cease and desist letters and they all just ignore them because it's a formality that Blizzard doesn't follow up on, but with Nost they just called it quits right there.
>>
>>384333372
Just wait for 3 days and play TBC on Felmyst, it'll be a fresh start with a lot of people playing. Server's coded by the person that made the first legitimately well-scripted vanilla server, and almost everything is just about right and all pre-nerf.
>>
>>384309039
>im on elysium and having trouble getting into it- 170 posts and 29 image replies shown.
I think you might be trying too hard to like a piece of molded outdated dogshit because some jaded nostalgiafags told you that you should
>>
File: AinsleyDynamic.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
AinsleyDynamic.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>384317412
>>384317412
>being able to use gadgets

GNOMISH
FUCKING
DEATH-RAY

>be 52 rogue engi out in Blackrock
>get ganked by 60 turbo geared spriest faggot in bwl shit
>get up
>ganked again
>teabags body
>oknigger.jpg
>get up
>sap
>get away
>mind control helmet equipped
>death-ray and net-o-matic ready
>sap him again
>just as it wears off, mc him and make him aggro a bunch of dorfs
>net him and go to town
>he aoe fears and I eat the whole thing because lolalliance
>finally break free
>blind him
>IMMA CHARGIN MY LAZOOORRR
>2 FUCKING THOUSAND CRITICAL DAMAGE
>dies like a bitch
>waits around to watch his dots kill me
>pot at 200hp and proceed to teabag his body
>insta-releases at the graveyard.
>>
>>384332303
>>384332631
Except even in T5 content the set bonuses of certain vanilla sets remained incredibly good.
Take for instance the 2 set bonus (or maybe it was 4 set, I forget) of the t2 shaman set. It reduced the amount your chain heal bounce diminishes after each bounce: meaning the spell became significantly more efficient than it already was at raid healing (which is the entire reason to bring a resto shaman). It scaled really well with bonus healing too, so the lower stats you'd have due to wearing outdated gear was counterbalanced by the fact that your primary tool now scaled way better.

Besides, the problem was more that paladin gear had godawful itemization back in vanilla. Most classes wore their level 60 raid gear well into their 60s, with Naxx gear pretty much being only a little bit worse than Kara gear. The items weren't sought after purely for their stats anyway, you had the items when they were a status symbol. Be glad about that.
>>
Flying around was awesome
>>
>>384336101
Getting 280% flight before the end of BC was awesome. Back then normal flying was 60% so it was like flying a jet when all you had before was a balloon.
>>
File: 1497242769572.jpg (28KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1497242769572.jpg
28KB, 370x699px
>>384311943
>retail now
>every fucker out in the wild has collector's mounts
>every cunt is a part of some hc raiding guild clad in maximum ilvl gear
>if you're on a pvp realm, they also sport the highest rating swag from the arena
Just casually playing on some alts is such a harrowing experience now. It feels as though the only ones left are the elitist cunts that live to rub their superiority in your face
>push some guy off a ledge to his death
>logs onto my faction
>instead of the hatemail I get a throughout analysis of my armory with a conclusion that I'm a worthless individual and should consider suicide because I don't rank anywhere in current hc raids
I feel like the people that I play with nowadays had their brains instanced along with the rest of the content at some point
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_041717_235232.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_041717_235232.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>384312764
Do you like my mage?
>>
>>384336664
>Writing this long post because you got butthurt from getting TOLD
>>
>>384336901
Uhh you're not allowed to reply to my posts until you post your armory with all the curve achi...
>>
>>384321617
what kind of bullshit cool aid have you been drinking retard. this whole post is cancer
>>
File: Cutt.jpg (307KB, 846x776px) Image search: [Google]
Cutt.jpg
307KB, 846x776px
>>384337103
Don't reply to me EVER again unless you link at least 3 cutting edge's
>>
>>384309039
Questing in the night elf zones and going to Moonglade for the first time. I thought the world was bigger than I could ever explore and I had no idea there was a max level.

I wish I could go back.
>>
>start in TBC with a friend
>while leveling two BoE epics drop
>he wins both of them and sells them for mad cash so he can afford a mount at 40 while I have to run

Good thing I was a druid.

STV was the best part of leveling because of the brawls at Nesingwarys and just outside Booty Bay.
>>
>>384332758
What's the point if everyone else does it though?
>>
>>384320345
This isn't actually in the game is it. I don't remember this dance at all.
>>
File: WorldMap-LochModan.jpg (210KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap-LochModan.jpg
210KB, 1002x668px
Loch Modan is still a shadow of its former self.
>>
File: WorldMap-Darkshore.jpg (206KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap-Darkshore.jpg
206KB, 1002x668px
>>384337857
Darkshore is still in ruins.
>>
>>384337857
It's a shame, the zone was comfy max.
>>
File: puke.jpg (38KB, 398x496px) Image search: [Google]
puke.jpg
38KB, 398x496px
>>384328201
>leveling is the best part
>>
>>384337857
Loch was shit and there weren't anywhere near enough quests so that the area was smooth like barrens/westfall etc
>>
File: WorldMap-Ashenvale.jpg (221KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap-Ashenvale.jpg
221KB, 1002x668px
>>384337934
The middle of Ashenvale is still on fire.
>>
>>384337857
>a whole expansion dedicated to literally raping the entirety of the iconic world
>never fix it back either
>>
File: WorldMap-Tanaris.jpg (218KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap-Tanaris.jpg
218KB, 1002x668px
>>384338008
Tanaris is still flooded.
>>
File: 1356743755123.jpg (36KB, 373x359px) Image search: [Google]
1356743755123.jpg
36KB, 373x359px
>>384336684

>HUH
>>
>>384337956
It is though.
>>
>>384309039
>elysium
valkyre 2.0 with all fenix downsides

chose server more carefully
>>
>>384309039
Grinding
>>
>>384338176
Except the game doesn't actually start until 60
>>
>>384338026
>Blizzard gets fucking trigger-happy with phasing
>Perfect expansion to gradually phase parts of the world to a repaired state as you quest in them
>Nothing
>>
>>384338026
I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion revamped the old world again.
>>
>>384338587
I'd be more happy if they stopped with expansions alltogether and just made new zones and tiers instead, like what they're doing with Argus and new farming materials and stuff
>>
>>384337857
>>384338008
they really did fuck those zones up, lost all their old feel with quest givers and music just gone.
ashenvale especially.
>>384337969
loch modan had plenty of quests, just there were no quest hubs, that didn't come until TBC
>>
My favorite memory of original WoW was leveling up my first character in Dun Morogh, finishing that zone and getting a quest to go to Loch Modan. I ran all the way there, fully expecting at some point to hit a loading screen or gateway of some kind, but eventually I came out of the tunnel and I was just there. It was an amazing feeling of awe at how I had seamlessly traveled to a new zone with no delays or loads, and it also made me feel incredibly small when I looked at the map and realized that the entire continent was one big open world. I couldn't even begin to imagine how long it would take to reach the northern or southern end of the continent, and my mind raced as I looked at the yet-to-be filled in maps of the zones, wondering what I would find in each one.
>>
>>384332225
Dude, I have a 60 on Elysium. You're right, but what I really meant was that it was the magic of WoW combined with the time in my life. It's a subjective thing in my case, there is obviously nothing wrong with you enjoying it.
>>
>>384309668
>>384333843
>>384334770
>Felmyst
>Shilling Gummy's Scamcraft 3.0
>>
When i was playing in 2007 i had a really weak pc, so my draw distance was shit, i came out from the durotar crater towards orgrimmar and as i went north the gates of orgrimmar slowly appeared, the awe continued as i entered the city
>>
File: 1496128729106.jpg (150KB, 976x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1496128729106.jpg
150KB, 976x1079px
I remember the first time I got shoulder pads. Literally level 22 gray/white rags that looked like shit but to the noob that I was it meant a lot. It still sticks out to me over 10 years later.
>>
>>384309039

Suramar.
>>
>>384309039
Fishing.
Fishing in WoW is fun. Especially when you do it together with someone or casually talking with friends.
>>
>>384339694
>claims to enjoy working towards something greater
>posts with low hanging fruit moe anime boy
a highly curious case
>>
>>384309039
MoP
>>
>>384338256
the game is over at 60 and then its time to start a new character/class and do it again.
>>
>>384339694
I remember my first ones were from some old crate I found underwater off the coast in Darkshore somewhere. Felt real nice
>>
File: 13134214214.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
13134214214.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>384339812
>not claiming anything
>that right there is a low hanging fruit moe anime gril*
>>384339998
I got mine in wetlands off a crocolisk
>>
>>384309039
I play on vanilla servers to get things that was removed from retail.
That this is PVP (world PVP in particular), barrens chat, leveling, interesting questlines and useful professions.
>>
>>384339887
The first six months of MoP were god tier. A few easily fixed mistakes aside, I wish this was the base Blizzard would build the game on. It's really unfortunate they didn't have the content throughput to keep people engaged so they redesigned the entire game to drag out sub times.
>>
>>384340674
So unfair ganks, shitposting, a means to an end, collecting slightly different colored bear asses and something that is actually arguably as good as vanilla?
>>
I remember jacking off in moonguard to night elf females who were dancing no shame here.

/cries in a closet
>>
Post pre-cata screenshots everyone
>>
I miss being a noob. I miss when endgame didn't matter. I miss when the level cap took ages to get to instead of just getting it in an hour or so. I miss having to actually go places. I miss the world part of the world of warcraft
>>
>>384333843

What does x1 mean in regards to private servers? I have also seen x5 and x7. I would assume it means XP gain? like x5 is five times the xp?

so x1 just means regular amount? if so, seems weird to have to even mention that.
>>
>>384309039
>What was your favorite activity
Leveling a tank

Dungeons at max level are pains in the ass and I hate doing them, especially Strat and DM:W. Scholo is fucking annoying also.

But to tank dungeons while leveling, though... that's the shit.
>>
File: yz51gfU.jpg (364KB, 1488x837px) Image search: [Google]
yz51gfU.jpg
364KB, 1488x837px
>>384341002
no
>>
>>384341059
I can agree with this... I miss not knowing every zone there is like the back of my hand. I remember the first time went to loch modan past the big ass dwarf statues and going through the furbolg cave to get into winterspring.
>>
>Scamming people.
Very seldom would it actually work but I could get people to go all the way to booty bay to waste their time. Sometimes I'd even convince two of them the other had the item or whatever they wanted.
>Killing orgrimar auctioneers.
Even just the boat rides and stuff there was fun.
>that time I pulled blood queen with an rc car to see if it was possible
Still get shit for it this day.
>saving randoms to our raid then kicking them when our friend got home.
>shouting LOCK SS so many times my friend got ptsd.
>>
>>384340838
>unfair ganks
You'll never know a joy of killing two overleveled fuccbois that tried to gank you in open field.
You'll never know a joy of killing skull leveled ganker with group of low level scrubs.
You'll never know a joy of camping enemy city with groups of randoms without any communication.
You'll never know a joy of guerrilla warfare of getting through such camp.
Must've feel really below average man.

>collecting slightly different colored bear asses
By "interesting" I mean story side and adventure feel, not loot and exp.
>>
>>384341240
>chinese dragon in goldshire
what the fuck
>>
>>384328743
Remember when everyone thought that D1 sets were pre BIS for raids? How could anyone think that when there was so much other better shit with stats on it like +hit and +crit and etc.?
>>
>>384341645
Why do people exaggerate stuff like this and pretend it's a big deal? Or are there really this clueless naive people who come into these threads
>>
>>384309039
leveling in the undead zones was some of the most relaxing gaming I've ever experienced. Bonus points for leveling in the Fall as well. The UD zones just feel so much more interesting than the brown poopoo zones the rest of the horde had at the time.

Silverpine > Barrens in pretty much every single way possible. Plus later zones connecting to UD were all pretty decent. Meanwhile Ashenvale felt like the most obnoxious zone ever to navigate.
>>
>>384341780
>Are there really people who come into WoW nostalgia threads who haven't played the game in years and years?
You don't need to tell me -- you have an active sub.
>>
>>384339635
I had it somewhat similar.

I remember when I was leveling in WotLK and finally got to Icecrown - with minimal draw distance.

It added a very chilling feeling, seeing nothing but that bleak void with occasional pointy rock or saronite gates popping up, knowing whatever ground is down below it's just crawling with undead and the airship appearing out of the fog made me feel so much safer.
>>
All day AV battles
>>
>>384341824
More like
>Underageb& comes into the thread who never played retail but tried Elysium because of the immense shilling from nostalgiafriends
>>
>>384341780
why do people reply with screenshots of the current state of the game to someone's request of pre-cata screenshots?
>>
In vanilla, sitting in black rock killing off raiders as they trickle into their raids and having groups of 30 people exiting the instance and chasing me off.

In BC, getting to 2000 in arena and hitting a gear wall so big that a druids hots out healed my warlock dots. I quit afterwards having like 300 days played on more than one character.
>>
>>384342101
Spoonfeeding should never be encouraged
>>
>>384309039
>get the itch
>resub
>still bored and now paying 15$ a month for it

When does the feeling stop
>>
>>384342235
i spoonfeed whenever i can, because i would rather help someone and make random assholes mad, than to contribute nothing
>>
>>384340838
Or having the ability to use a variety of unique items to get an edge in pvp such as tidal charm, reflectors, nets of multiple kinds and the trinket net itself, skull, potions whose cooldown did not start out of combat, engineering being more than "press button to deal damage", a ton of utility and other things I can't be bothered to list for your ignorant ass because quite frankly you don't deserve that much attention.
>>
File: 1499695234571 (1).jpg (469KB, 1080x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1499695234571 (1).jpg
469KB, 1080x1332px
>>384342287
Better feeling than paying full price for a new game only to get bored of it or never install it

Game market crash can't come soon enough, and I hope indie games and patreon falls with it
>>
File: 1407800842231.jpg (615KB, 1024x792px) Image search: [Google]
1407800842231.jpg
615KB, 1024x792px
>>384309039
So i've only tried Wow as of recent for the first time and am interested to see what vanilla/TBC was like. What would be my best option? I've looked at a few lists already
>>
>Play from late vanilla to early wotlk with an early 2000's toaster that came with a pentium 3 and had to get a ram upgrade to even meet min spec for wow
>Minimum settings always, especially view distance
>Try to raid, tanking in naxx
>Get like 5 fps with constant hitching
>Finally get a new pc with money from my first job, a $400 newegg prebuilt
>Max out view distance and leave dalaran via the landing pad on the side
>Get temporarily disoriented from the sight of the huge trees of crystalsong clearly in view below me

>Now take ultra settings and max framerate for granted, only noticing negative stuff like if it dips lower than normal instead of appreciating when everything is running perfectly smoothly
>>
>>384342560
You watch old dramas from the 60's and 70's and see if you like those
>>
>>384342287
I really only keep up a sub because I just farm mounts and other weekly shit. Got burnt out from Mythic raiding in WoD and don't really care to do it again in legion. M+ is pretty okay desu so easy to setup groups and the difficulty level is to my liking. Really hope it sticks around in nextpac
>>
>>384342689
>he hasn't seen The Third Man or Bergman movies

Those movies are amazing and you're a fucking tool.
>>
>>384342952
I meant more like Hawaii 5-0 and All in the family as in series
>>
File: 1436924805578.jpg (185KB, 910x855px) Image search: [Google]
1436924805578.jpg
185KB, 910x855px
>>384342571
>Play from late vanilla to early wotlk
Same here. I had a 7600GT with 512MB of RAM and some shitty processor to go with. I got decent frames with it, but sometimes when shit went down in raids it didn't quite keep up. Only during very late TBC I got a new computer which handled everything so much better. It was pretty magical compared to the old PC.
>>
>>384343129
Hawaii 5-0 wasn't too bad either.
>>
File: 1468014279609.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468014279609.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>384343481
>>
File: 1486150878045.jpg (707KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1486150878045.jpg
707KB, 868x1228px
Alterac Valley matches
in pug games the massive standoff at the bridge slowly pushing alliance's shit in until we cap the graveyard and kill the Boss dwarf.

Someone my server use to run pre-made AVs. We would hold the choke point and defended our towers. While we had a team slowly capping their shit one-by-one and make them suffer.
I remember escorting the generals back to base and even summoning the Icerock Golem.
Wintergrasp was pretty based too.
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.