[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faggot Dev of River City Ransom Covering for Alex Mauer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: andrew russell loser cuck.png (30KB, 649x390px) Image search: [Google]
andrew russell loser cuck.png
30KB, 649x390px
http://steamcommunity.com/app/422810/discussions/0/2217311444326471550/#c2217311444327370041

AHAHAHAAHAHHA

He's defending the person who DMCA'd his game
>>
Is this an attempt to make twitter screencaps more about videogames?
>>
I don't see how preventing your game's forums from deteriorating into hate speech and >she comments is defending her. They're lawyering up and going to sue her, I'm pretty sure they're not trying to defend her.
>>
You already made this thread and got called an idiot. Why are you making it again?
>>
Even after reading an article about the "timeline of events" I still have no idea who Alex Mauer is, why I should care, or why this is relevant video game discussion.
>>
>>384309832
That's because you're illiterate
>>
this is like the 8th time youve made this thread today
what did you mean by this
>>
>>384309948
>Files DMCA claims over music being used in video games and things that don't even use their music
>Starr Mazer DSP corrects this and gets rid of their music and sound effects
Why should I care? Who is this person? What are they known for other than filing DMCAs? Why does what this person do merit a thread on /v/?

Answer those questions.
>>
>>384309832
Alex Mauer is a video game composer who has worked on a few indie games, went batshit crazy, and started demanding that developers give her a percentage cut of the profits for the games she's worked on because she believes (wrongly) that she still owns the rights to the music. Because she's wrong, she wasn't getting paid off, so she decided to file a bunch of false DMCA claims against YouTube videos and to Steam to get them removed for using her music that she doesn't own.
>>
>>384310158
Thank you. Your post was far more informative and concise than that entire article.
>>
>>384310158

So why didn't it take steam/youtube 30 seconds to verify all of this before telling this Alex person to fuck off instead of removing the game from steam/youtube?
>>
>>384310348
Because most of these systems are automated and DMCA laws are so shit that these services can potentially be charged by day for having these files hosted on their service, if it is in fact violating DMCA laws. Because of this, most companies simply remove the game as soon as claims are made and then leave it to the developer or content creator to actually prove that they own it. Long story short DMCA is shit.
>>
>>384310158
If they didn't sign a contract with a notarized release form, as is often the case with indie game devs, she does still own the music legally.
>>
>>384311128
That's not actually the case.
She would share the rights with the person who paid her.
>>
>>384311128
Not the case. Unless the contract has something specifically saying to the contrary, the work she did would be seen as contractor work for hire and the ownership to the works default to the IP holder, not the contractor. She was paid to make the music for the game, her music was not licensed. There's a big difference when it comes to copyright and ownership. The music exists at all because she was paid to create it, it was not her own artistic works that she put out there herself. This is implicit in all contractor work agreements and in the case of Imagos and Starr Mazer DSP, it was expressly stated to be the case.

>>384311295
Contractors don't keep any rights to works they were paid to create.
>>
>>384311515
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq0j3n
Not true
>>
She did sign a work for hire contract for star mazer, and it specifically stated that the dev owned the rights to the music
>>
>>384311295
>>384311515
Being paid to work for something does not immediately release your ownership of the content you create.
>>
>>384311603
Did you read this? Because that's exactly what this is saying.

>In so holding, we adopted a "presumption" that the commissioning party "desires to control the publication of copies" of the commissioned work and that the artist "consents" to such control in the absence of a contract to the contrary. Id. at 31.
It is presumed that the party that commissioned the work has the right to control the publication of said work and the artist consents to that right in the event of there being no such contract to the contrary.

It is literally word for word saying that if you do not sign a contract that says you maintain the rights of the work you create during contractor work, you waive your rights to the work to the contractor.
>>
Quit making this fucking thread you autistic retard
>>
>>384311979
Whoops I mistook what you said, yeah I agree with you.

I will direct
>>384311603
To
>>384311837
>>
>>384309026

Was the RCR remake shit? That was my favorite game as a kid
>>
>>384312178
It's not a remake, it's a sequel to the US version of the game specifically. It's rough around the edges, the UI is bad, but I really love it. Put 150 hours into it. You might have to read some community guides for stuff, so if that's a turn off then you might not like it. Otherwise it's a grand ol time and has some of the best most buttery smooth online with drop in drop out connectivity you'll find ever.
>>
>>384309026
He's just trying to keep the discussion bit under the game on steam clean of any kind of controversy and drama while I assume they take of the situation in private. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>384309026
In a case like this, he kinda has to do that.

If he plans on suing the swamp thing into poverty, he doesn't want to be attached to all the tranny hate. It'll hurt his case.
>>
>>384312345

Good controls?
>>
>>384311603
>citing the attorney working on behalf of the plaintiffs as your source

totally not biased at all :^)
>>
>>384312882
It might take you some getting used to, but it's super good. It's kinda Double Dragon Neon-esque in that they take a simple game and make it use the entire god damn controller, but doing everything feels pretty good. The special moves are Smash Bros style inputs but not Smash Bros leniency. You have to press the direction and special move button at the same time rather than holding it. Also grabs are really slow because of how powerful they are so you can't just walk up to an enemy and grab them, you have to do some setup work to get it to connect. The best way to explain it is that it takes beat em ups and stays in that genre but takes it to the highest level the genre can go without turning into something else. It's a true blood beat em up, not an action game. You're not supposed to just shit on everyone because you're so overpowered, but when you're good at the game you still will shit on everyone.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.