[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter Experiences and Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8076.gif (13KB, 460x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8076.gif
13KB, 460x348px
I went to a friend's house and playing a bunch of Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, and Darkstalkers. I've begun playing SF2 since then and, knowing this game is a part of people's childhoods and such, wanted to hear /v/'a experiences with it.
>>
TIGER!
>>
>>384301341
It's fun
>>
>>384302570
Dhalsim and Sagoit are honestly the most annoying characters.
>>
SF2 has some of the most iconic phrases, characters and levels in the genre (though this can be attributed to the fact that it was the first to bring it to the mainstream).

Coincidentally, I also set up the Switch to play Neo Geo fighters and had a blast with family and friends.
>>
File: IMG_8079.jpg (48KB, 466x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8079.jpg
48KB, 466x315px
Who does every one main? I've been playing mostly Hyper Fighting edition as Blanka, Ryu, and Chun-Li
>>
>>384301341
I am exactly the person you want to respond to this thread, but the question is so overwhelming I wouldn't know where to start. It brings up too much emotion.
>>
>>384304714
Most people who have been seriously playing Street Fighter II since release are skilled with all characters. If I had to pick a true main it's Balrog (boxer)
>>
>>384305943
What first comes to mind? Your post has me interested.
>>
>>384306093
I started playing Street Fighter II in arcades in 1992 when I was 8 years old. I only had brief contact with it because I lived far from arcades.
My older cousin got the game on SNES and I watched him and his friends play the game. I saw them as the "cool kids", but also disliked them because they bullied me. But at the same time looked up to my cousin because I thought he was good at the game.

One of my friends on the school bus also owned the game. I would ask him endless questions about it during the ride. He started coming over and brought his SNES but I was still terrible at the game.

Eventually I stayed overnight at my cousin's house and got some time in with the game. Later, he purchased Super Street Fighter II for SNES and allowed me to borrow his copy of Street Fighter II Turbo for SNES. That's the game I really learned on. I would put the game in two player mode and then use a shoe to force player two to walk backwards and block. Then I methodically practiced every special move motion in the game until I could do it every time. This didn't actually take that long, only a couple of nights of practice but they are burned in my brain forever. I started playing real matches with my bus friend and he became my best friend. I rivalry lasted the next 16 years or so, and is still simmering today, although at this point I am far, far more skilled.

For years I awaited the match-up with my cousin. By the time it came around I was already a tournament player. He was double perfected in our first match. It felt pretty hollow after.
>>
>>384306698
When I was a child, I had a similar relationship with me and my father trying to outrank each other in Metal Gear's VR missions. Nice story, my dude.
>>
>>384301341
SF2 was the reason I got a SNES. SF2, SSF2 and SFA2 were big parts of my childhood. Got back into it with SSF4, which was the reason I got a 360.
The first time I got a flashkick, I paused the game and got a friend to come over and look at the screen. I have so many memories.
Thinking about it just bums me out, because I hate SFV so much, even though I wanted to love it.

>>384304714
If I had to pick only one it would be Bison in HF, Balrog in ST.
>>
>>384308535
Bison is really fun in HF unless your playing Ken/Ryu I've found,
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.