[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Open world games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1615x844px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1615x844px
Does anyone else wonder if they're psychopaths when you're playing a game where you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>384296986
Jack Thompson please leave
>>
File: 1470105870134.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470105870134.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
No.

I'm greatly concerned with the NPC's feelings and play like a nice lad that doesn't want to inconvenience anyone

>tfw you look through a shop keepers inventory out of politeness even though you don't need to buy anything and buy 1 food item that looks delicious so he is happy and doesn't feel like you were wasting his time or only entered the store to play card games
>>
>>384296986
No because games and 4chan are an outlet for my violent, aggressive, and antisocial tendenies 9and my mental illness to boot).

I would be considered a normie by most of your standards, but I'd lose it of I couldn't grief and teamkill in MP and burst random npcs in RPGs
>>
>>384297252
I am same. Is there something wrong with us?
>>
>>384297252
based anon
>>
>>384297252
This, feels nice to be nice in videogames.
>>
>>384296986
Main characters act like psychopaths in most games, nothing new about open world in that regard. Is it particularly silly when a game tries to be all emotional and serious despite this fact, though. Example: Bioshock Infinite.
>>
>>384297252
You are a pushover to the Nth degree, friendo
>>
File: 1481573107137.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481573107137.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>384297252
>>384298314
No because you're actually immersing yourself. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>384297252
>>384298314
>>384298316
>>384298469
Don't you play games to have new experiences and do stuff you can't do in real life?
Maybe you people are the real psychopaths
>>
>>384297252
I once played GTAIV like a "normal" person. It was nice making a living with various jobs, obeying traffic, and going bowling with my cousin. I even had a girlfriend!
>>
>>384299581
We can't be evil slaying, girl-having, money carrying heroes in real-life anon.
>>
>>384299581
I play games to have fun and I don't find it fun to kill all the NPCs in a village or to be a total dick to everyone.
>>
File: weary wojak illuminated.jpg (75KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
weary wojak illuminated.jpg
75KB, 645x773px
I'm literally incapable of playing any open world game as anything but a moralfag

I feel like I miss out on a lot but I can't seem to help it
>>
>>384299760
You're just not trying hard enough then
>>
>>384300043
>Not to be a total dick to everyone
A dick to what? strings of coding?
>>
>>384301348
You can't kill the code either, but you didn't feel the need to complain about his use of that word.
>>
>>384297252
Same, always go lawful good
>>
>>384301348
It's not just coding.
Once you feel deeply immersed in a game, you see those characters as "real" people and you end up caring for them.
You can also use that same argument for other kinds of media:
Why care about book characters? It's just a bunch of lines.
Why care about movie characters? It's just a bunch of actors.
>>
>>384300163
This. I always feel like its a crippled gaming experience especially when it has negative impact on the gameplay. I like getting as much content as I can from a game.
>>
>>384299581
>do stuff you can't do in real life?
Not everyone has secret desires to hurt people I guess
>>
>>384300163
Same. SOmetimes i set myself up as some asshole fuckhead but either i instantly clean my shit up once i reach X place i like or just abandon that shit a few minutes in
>>
>>384301669
Eh. Not that guy, but because video games actually have simulated mechanics and agency, the thought process of a player is different from a viewer/reader. You might imagine a book character to be a cool person that you like and want to see succeed, but it's still all in your head. Video games are more like playing with a dollhouse--if you made a dollhouse for book and movie characters and pretending they were real and had feelings, yeah, that'd be pretty weird. But a lot of people essentially do that in vidya even when the game is blatantly ignoring their actions.
>>
>>384300163
The reason I like the witcher 3 is simply because (even though his personality is flat and stupid) that I can picture geralt doing things that aren't particularly nice for everyone, but proper in terms of the situation.

Example: when you go hunting the warewolf in the cabin and find out that hat wearing whore got her sister killed by trying to show her that her husband was a wolfyfag. When she admits what she's done the werewolf wants to kill her, and you have the option of sparing her and killing the were wolf or letting him get his revenge. I think theres nothing wrong with him getting revenge because at the very least the bitches intentions were to scare her sister away from her husband, and at worst she wanted her to die. After you let him kill the sister geralt tells him that if he sees him again he'll kill him. He follows you out of the cave and asks for death. Thats a choice thats mean but not cruel.
>>
>>384302698
Witcher has some great choices desu
In 1, there's a knight looking for his sister
You find the sister in a brothel that's actually run by female vampires
Female vampire leader says that she's here on her own will because she wanted to get away from her protective brother and she can actually make her own choices (by whoring herself, bravo CD Project Red)
You can decide to believe her and have a foursome or just kill them on the spot
If you have a foursome, the knight shows up and demands justice.
You can tell him to fuck off, help vampires or do nothing.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.