[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30+ yo gamer thread are you playing anything? feeling tired yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 37

30+ yo gamer thread

are you playing anything?

feeling tired yet?
>>
Play loads of shit. Day of Infamy, Cities Skylines, DOOM.

Only problem is finding the time to play them. I get maybe 2 hours to myself every day
>>
>>384288992
I spend more of my "gaming time" shit posting on 4chan than playing games.

Nothing holds my interest anymore. I play arma 3 sometimes but everything is just so shallow.
>>
>>384288992

Currently playing Uncharted series and really enjoying it. About 5 hours in the the 2nd game.

Also playing Tales of Berseria and I'm fucking torn. I love the world and the characters are great but my god the combat is trash.
>>
File: 1458457778361.png (417KB, 451x588px) Image search: [Google]
1458457778361.png
417KB, 451x588px
I'm almost 28. I want to still love video games, but I just can't anymore. Not really sure why. I'm not a cynical, jaded fuck either
>>
>>384289279
>I'm almost 28. I want to still love video games, but I just can't anymore. Not really sure why. I'm not a cynical, jaded fuck either

I'm almost 28 and I reinvigorated my passion by having a youtube channel.

Honestly, it helps stay motivated, because you're seeing actual growth on your youtube channel and it's not just wasting time playing vidja.
>>
File: 1498800992174.jpg (228KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498800992174.jpg
228KB, 1800x1200px
>>384288992

I'm 30. I started playing SFV and I pretty much enjoy it. I suck (best I've been is super silver) and I get mad but I've never RQ a game. I normally play ranked and the only times I haven't rematched the dude is when is sense way too much douchebaggery. I started trying a new character and went back to Ultra Bronze. I don't give a fuck, I just want to get better.

Also, I got Crash Bandicoot's trilogy. Never played one before, I just finished the first one, and I'm basically Bee-Having (wink, wink). It's not that hard. Super Meat Boy felt way more impossible than this.

I'm really looking forward to DragonBall FigtherZ, and that's it.

To me the appeal of videogames went down the toilet when my friends and I couldn't/didn't want to play the games I wanted. Once you pick your own shit and let everybody else be, things get better...
>>
Friday the 13th. Its pretty fun
>>
>>384289279
I'm 28 and started collecting retro games, build myself a restro game room in my house. I don't really have the time for video games to get me bored about them anymore,. so it's easy to enjoy a couple hours of The Legend Of Zelda on my comfy couch with my bare feet on my comfy rug everyday.
>>
>>384288992
38 soon to be 39 year old gamer here.

I still enjoy fighting games, though I can't compete with the younger crowd anymore I still hold my own.

aside from fighting games, like my animes I tend to enjoy the simple ones more nowadays, simple beat em ups, shoot'em ups, games like the witcher with all its customization shit/potion making and what not turn me off, I would much rather play something simple like Senran Kagura with cute girls doing cute things and beat the shit out of opponents rather than play a long and complicated rpg.

that said, while I do enjoy lewd things, they are not my main reason to buy them, but I do like the slice of life aspects of stories in games and in animes more now. or throwback animes like made in the abyss that made me remember the good old times of anime
>>
>>384289279
He said 30+ you stupid nigger.
>>
File: tta_1.png (94KB, 247x311px) Image search: [Google]
tta_1.png
94KB, 247x311px
haha old men!
>>
>>384288992
>are you playing anything?
About half way through The Witcher 3
Subnautica is great
KF2 on occasion
Got Kingdoms: New Lands from the summer sale and it's surprisingly good.
>feeling tired yet?
Always, except after I go to the gym. Maybe I should start lifting in the morning
>>
>>384288992
im 30. 3 years ago i moved and got a better paying job. before that i would pirate most games to try them and buy a few here and there i was hyped about. since then however i buy a ton of steam games when theyre on sale or in humble bundles. i have probably 800+ games and havent even touched 80% of them. now i work a lot and when i get home i find browsing memes/4chan/the internet in general more relaxing than playing a video game. tried to get back into TESO and FF14 with people i know IRL and it was boring. Everyone says Witcher 3 is great and its boring. Cant get past the 2nd town without falling asleep. Lately though, PUBG has been fun with 1-3 other people. The Necromancer coming out in diablo 3 has me playing that all night long, because im learning about the cube stuff and higher rifts drops a lot of gear/crafting shit. But its not actually fun mostly, its just a time sink. Sometimes a cool item will drop and force me to change my build and thinking about the build is more fun. Also, since getting back in /tg/ stuff, now that there are virtual/online options to play, just thinking about tabletop characters and shit is more fun. Looking forward to the Xcom2 expansion I guess?
>>
File: proGamer.png (274KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
proGamer.png
274KB, 636x358px
>>384290538
>I can't compete with the younger crowd
tfw you realize competitive "twitch" skill is directly related to age. Most people peak in their late teens.
>>
>>384289231
>I spend more of my "gaming time" shit posting on 4chan than playing games.
Good lord yes, anything I end up playing I just taper off...

>Witcher 3
>Left after that battle in the castle with the wild hunt

>Titanfall 2
>Bought in sale and barely played, played the fuck out of Titanfall 1

>NieR:Automata
>Left at some desert area because the game keeps crashing

>Prey
>Left after needing voice samples to open a door lock

>Full Throttle
>Left at the stadium
>>
>>384289279
could be depression
>>
>>384288992
Spent more time messing with emulators and hacking consoles than actually playing them. I just like tinkering with electronics and stuff.
>>
>>384291286
indeed, but I still hold my own through sheer experience, been playing since SF2 at the arcades and played most fighting games too, so I'm not only experienced in Capcom games, Still like you said, they just have better reaction times now, what I have are : tricks and predictions
>>
>playing video games in your 30s

Might as well just kill yourself at that point. Playing games past the age of 25 is a sign that you failed to develop properly as a human being.
>>
>>384288992

31 here, i feel like i lost my passion for gaming, gaming was cool when japanese dev like konami and capcom ruled the scene but now every single one fucked up in some spectacular manner!

I see what games /v/ discuss and it's all stuff like persona 5 with it's horrible pacing, nier which doesn't interess me in the slightly after the first one but people like because... I guess yoko taro and/or platinum can do nothing wrong (and man have you seen 2B ass?) and zelda who is the most perfect game in the world because it's open world (which is hilarious to me because fans have defended the formula for 20 fucking years) and it doesn't fucking matter if there is a shitload of filler, it's just jealous sony fanboys

At this point i'd rather play a mix of retro games/board games and the occasional F2P game that doesn't jew the player too hard than buy a console
>>
>>384291625
This. It's just sad if you haven't grown out of vidya at that point.
>>
>>384291590
I think old people can still compete, it's just that top 5% that most people can't reach anyway is no longer possible.
>>
>>384288992
i'm 29, i'm playing nier:automata and ggxrd rev 2. i'm taking my time with nier, it's one of the best games ever and i know it's gonna be another decade until something this good comes out.
>>
>>384289371
What's your channel, anon? Shill it to me.
>>
32 years old, I think I'm about done with most games.

I simply cannot be arsed to give a single shit about story in a game. I've seen every permutation of every story trope 100 times by now, so any time some story / dialogue starts happening I'm just like

>YEAH. I. FUCKING. GET. IT. LET'S. GO.

I have a 2 year old daughter, and I have MAYBE 1 hour of free time a day after she goes to bed, so I want none of that time being wasted listening to whiny japanese school children try to get philosophical about how they're gonna hold onto hope in the bleakness of the world.

I told myself I was finished with vidya as my *primary* hobby when I finished dark souls 3 anyways.
>>
>>384291784
>>384291625
What are you going to do when you retire?
Sudoku?
>>
>>384291625
>own house
>good job
>car
>2 kids
>gf

>Failed to develop properly as a human being

I love how to pseudo intellectual kids just project themselves everywhere.
>>
>>384288992
I'm currently switching between playing Witcher 3, Tekken 7, PUBG and some VR games. It's impossible finding the time to finish all these 50 hour games though. I had to put the DLC for BB and DS3 on hold simply because I don't have the fucking time to finish most of the main campaign a second time before being able to play the goddamn new content.
>>
31 this month, still love playing video games. The amount I play has slowed down while I commit more time to my home and wife, though.

Just platinumed Persona 5 and started Tales of Bersia. Gonna start playing Xenogears sometime this week again. Play lots of Overwatch and DotA 2 on nights when my crew can get on and shoot the shit / drink while playing.
>>
>>384291647
>At this point i'd rather play a mix of retro games/board games
It's good advice friendo, real games are eternal
>>
>>384288992
Resident Evil, getting back into a zombie kick after George died yesterday.
>>
File: 1484005806387.png (205KB, 497x486px) Image search: [Google]
1484005806387.png
205KB, 497x486px
>>384288992
37. GG Rev 2, Blazeblue, Darkest Dungeon, Nuclear Throne and The Void. Have DOOM but not motivated to finish it at the moment. I want Automata but have been procrastinating hard.
>>
I hope I die before I hit 40
>>
>>384291970
They call it terrible 2s for a reason. The baby is your current hobby.
>>
I play league of legends with other guys in their 30s online.

Well, at least I did last year. Everyone got bored of the game and now they play PUBG but I haven't bought the game yet.

I agree though, singleplayer shit cannot hold my interest anymore. I bought Nier: A but I stopped playing before I even got the A ending.
>>
>>384291890
Nier Automata has good story and music, but as a game it's nothing special
>>
File: 1471249081962.png (15KB, 594x181px) Image search: [Google]
1471249081962.png
15KB, 594x181px
tried to go back to wow on a friends behest, it still sucks shit, currently contemplating which games in my backlog to hit

I'm always tired, I haven't seriously enjoyed vidya in like 7 years or so
>>
>>384291970
same, games are done. they're not focused on fun anymore, they are a propaganda filled chore
>>
File: btp889gu2q8z.png (189KB, 421x280px) Image search: [Google]
btp889gu2q8z.png
189KB, 421x280px
>>384291625
>>384291625
>past 25

BUT ANON! that's the best age to start REAL gaming!
>>
>>384288992
>I"m 30 and I'm so old! xD

feel free to off yourself.
>>
fine at turned based, or games like factorio.
HORRIBLE at PubG, but cannot stop playing it. 30 games deep, not one chicken dinner...

im so hungry...
>>
>>384292286
well i disagree. and i like games with at least decent gameplay + good stories + music a lot, so that makes sense too. honestly i'm too old to care about what people online think is good or not
>>
>>384291970
>I simply cannot be arsed to give a single shit about story in a game. I've seen every permutation of every story trope 100 times by now, so any time some story / dialogue starts happening I'm just like
>>YEAH. I. FUCKING. GET. IT. LET'S. GO.

this, which is why I concentrate more on shit like slice of life rather than stories in vydya, they just don't hold my interest, I just see characters doing some funny dumb shit have a chuckle and enjoy that more than the story on a video game, and I want simple gameplay that's challenging, meaning like for example an old game were you just had to shot but the game was hard, not having to go through tons of menus and remember stats and combine shit just to be a bit better, I prefer to brute force through a game since I enjoy the challenge anyway.
>>
File: Angry-young-Christian-man.jpg (87KB, 816x542px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-young-Christian-man.jpg
87KB, 816x542px
>>384291995
>2 kids
>gf
GF
>>
>>384292282
>I agree though, singleplayer shit cannot hold my interest anymore.
I never understood this. I get it for story driven games like
>>384291970
has said but overall I can't give a fuck about multiplayer anymore. Everyone is just rushing to learn the meta and tryhards are everywhere. Most games have no communication other than insults and so forth. I just like playing old stuff with not much text and relaxing.
>>
>>384288992
>33
>tfw think im told old for all nighters
>buddies come over to play fighting games
>literally play guilty gear till the sun came up

I dunno, I guess "feeling old" comes at you much later in life?
>>
I'm playing The Witcher 3. It's my second playthrough and I've just discovered how to play Gwent.

I like it, even though I have been playing this game for over 2 months.
>>
>>384292525
well, one singleplayer game has held my interest: necrodancer. the rest is just too easy / too boring.
>>
File: 12347.png (38KB, 258x115px) Image search: [Google]
12347.png
38KB, 258x115px
Every day is exactly the same
>>
>>384288992
I enjoyed Bloodborne and Odin's Sphere on PS4 and Dishonored 2 on PC.
Planning to give a try to Yakuza 0, Persona 5, Nioh and maybe Gravity Rush 2 and Nier Automata. Zelda seems nice as well, not sure if I should take a Switch for it tough.

Interested in MonHun World, Dragon Ball FighterZ since I didn't play a fighting game in a long time. And Dragon Quest XI too.

I like vidyas a lot, but I don't feel the sale urge as before.
>>
>>384292475
I don't live in burgerland so no one is stoning us. Sorry you have to deal with religious zealots.
>>
>>384292645
>12347 hours
>not 12345 hours

fucking casuals man I swear to god
>>
>>384292645

How and why?
>>
>>384292601
>over 2 months.
Adorable.
I've been playing it over the last year and a half, 100 hours in. Just got to Skellige.
>>
>>384292735
exactly what I thought, then I also thought, maybe he just wanted to rustle someones jimmies with it.
>>
>>384292345
Spot the guy with no sense of humor or self irony
>>

CS:GO: but it's shit compared to CS 1.3
world of warcraft and hots with friends, I still play MMOs with friends from high school.
Weeb games and bloodborne on PS4.
Granblue, Kancolle, and Fire Emblem Heroes at work on my phone.

I don't really get that shit about getting slower as you age, I'm just as fast as I ever was at twitch games and RTSes, with calmer nerves too. Maybe a lifetime of games has kept my brain sharp.

biggest gripe is I work too much to be able to finish long games, I still haven't finished Persona 5.
>>
Fucking Christ
I'm a child compared to people here and I already feel drained with enjoying things. How do people find things fun I don't get it whatsoever.
>>
>>384292612
>the rest is just too easy / too boring.
Not playing the right games then. Modern games suck anyway, other than looking good.
>>
>>384292703
33yo btw
>>
>>384292816
>I've been playing it over the last year and a half
>100 hours in
>Only 100 fucking hours

You're the adorable casual here. I can easily sink over 100 hours into a single game with a month.
>>
>>384292645
there are people that are living very comfortably from dota money with less time investment from that
>>
>>384288992
I'm playing Dead or Alive 5 and loving it. Turned out to not be 100% dead like i feared, have a pretty entertaining story mode, fun gameplay, great soundtrack and the character models and animations are ridiculously good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEuI3WZyvxs

So glad i decided to buy it in the sale.
>>
File: 1478518675787.png (14KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478518675787.png
14KB, 300x250px
>>384288992
Vidya isn't fun when your friends don't wanna play.

More concerned about how the new cmo at my company is a complete dick.

Want to buy vidya but trying to save for a house instead.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 214x235px
Currently trying to play pic related from steam sale, but holy shit it is boring
I never played arkham games because the combat looked shit, I had no idea it was the same or I would not have bought it
>>
>>384292985
ikr just kys yourself
>>
>>384292367
>28+
>reaction time and TWITCH goes down

why do people like fatal1ty,Daigo etc. still do it?

you're out of your prime and yongbloods are dom'ing you every match just retire with some grace and dignity
>>
>>384288992
Turn 30 in 10 days.

It mostly feels like I enjoy the idea of enjoying games nowadays. I don't have the energy on weekdays usually but I can game all weekend. I rarely seem to finish anything though.

>BotW
40-50 hours in, beat 3 bosses, dropped

>TW3
Slowly widdling away at it

>Morrowind
Thinking about firing it up but who knows if it will grab me

Last game I actually finished... I can't even remember right now. I think Civ VI but that doesn't really count.
>>
>>384288992
32 here

Play a shit load of strategy and management games now. Play a lot of Motorsport Manager, Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster and the like. I play exclusively on PC, I don't own a PS4 or Xbone. Still got a soft spot for my retro gear though
>>
>>384288992
The only thing I feel like playing anymore is short games where you don't have to invest a lot into the story like metroidvanias and fighting games. Open world games like witcher and fallout are pretty much dead to me although I do occasionally play the crpg
>>
>>384290538
fighting games is one of the competitive genres where sheer age doesn't win out, because the games require more than just twitch reactionary abilities. They also require mindgames which itself requires experience to be obtained, its why you can still see the old guard compete with the youngbucks still
>>
File: dotard.png (20KB, 430x408px) Image search: [Google]
dotard.png
20KB, 430x408px
>>384293052
I just started to git gud recently, I was 3k for the first 4 years of playing it, now i'm 5200 MMR from playing support

It's better then 99.9% of /v/, I'm fine with it
>>
Man I miss local multiplayer and comeovers.

Seems to me everyone just stays at home playing PUBG or some other twitch bait early access game for a couple hours then leave to watch some shitty show.
>>
File: 1499774024546.jpg (78KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1499774024546.jpg
78KB, 900x675px
>>384288992
those new Crash remakes are the first games to hold my interest in a long time. having fun getting 102/105% but i'm not gonna go for all plat relics. i don't hate myself that much.
>>
>>384288992
Just started State of Decay.

No. Not tired at all.
>>
>>384289231
Are you me?
>>
>>384288992
There are times when I have no time to game where weeks or months will pass without playing a single game. Sometimes I feel as though I'm losing interest in gaming when months can go by without me feeling interested in gaming, at least until a really awesome and engrossing game comes out.
I've gotten lost in time when playing Skyrim, The Phantom Pain or The Witcher 3.
>>
>>384293079
This fucking turd makes bamham look like fucking Ninja Gaiden, and i hate bamham.
>>
im honestly disgusting, i play grinding games and online f2p stuff mostly. i went back to Legion and it's honestly quite nice that i can run M/+ dungeons as much as i want, plus the stuff like chromie scenario. running out of weekly lockouts in a single day was a killer for me in other expansions.
>>
>>384291970
You are spot on with that shit about cutscenes. 99% of games stories are utter shite, I just skip everything now unless I know the story is good or supposed to be going into it. I'm only 19 but I've played enough games now to know exactly every single beat of a game's story before I've even touched it.
>>
File: 4234324.jpg (40KB, 412x387px) Image search: [Google]
4234324.jpg
40KB, 412x387px
>>384294241
>I'm only 19
>>

Playing Stormblood and soon the Zodiac Age.
>>
>>384291867
soon the melee gods and all that other shit you fucks worship will die along with the melee scene
>>
get sick of games pretty quickly now

thinking about commitin the ol' suicide sometime soon
>>
Just turned 30. Playing PUBG, Witcher 3, R6 Siege, and Overwatch with my son
>>
File: warning.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
warning.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>>384290717
are the future
>>
Gaming post 30's is all about getting your kids into your old stuff and enjoying seeing them loving it while they see you as the grand sage of vidya
>>
>>384288992
Attack on titan by omega force

Its ok
>>
>>384295393
Or, you know, you could just enjoy things for yourself instead of just living for others.

>>384294676
Nah don't do it, just stop playing shit games.
>>
>>384295393
>kids
>>
>tfw 33
Over the years I've slowly been moving onto another hobby and doing less and less gaming. I really only play Japanese niche games now. I can't even remember the last time I touched a AAA game. Other than the growing SJW and progressive "attitude", I find the industry basically the same. Gameplay hasn't really changed much and you can really only do so much in the story telling department. I found a new hobby in cars and I'm really enjoying it. I bought a beat up Miata as my first car to work on and I'm almost done with it, it's been a blast.
>>
>>384288992
29 here, probably going to kill myself by running my car in the garage. Everything feels boring, I hate going to work and its never going to get better.
>>
Just replayed Bioshock, honestly find it terrifying that it came out 10 years ago, 2007 seems so recent. Anyway it is a great game.
>>
>>384295540
>enjoy things for yourself instead of just living for others.
>implying gaming is all I enjoy
>>
File: 1498894529668.png (309KB, 412x530px) Image search: [Google]
1498894529668.png
309KB, 412x530px
>>384295393
not all of us are falling for the procreation ruse buddy
>>
>>384295540
ive played all the games

how do i stop playing shit games when i have played all the games
>>
Are any of you old fucks wizards though?
>>
>>384295696
It's what we are talking about, no one gives a fuck about your other hobbies.
>>
>>384288992
i saw a graph yesterday indicating how reaction time is affected by age, and i'm at a slightly lower plateau at 25. And for a long time I've been like 'grand strategy games are boring as fuck'. but i comprehend that eventually, you want to use your noodle to enjoy games, not just enjoy flash and rumble. anyway, enjoy your games, 30+ers
>>
>>384288992
>would
Lots - 43 and still going strong.
135K on Xbone
Still make time for PC a few times a week.
Helps my gf is workaholic so I can chill and grind away
>>
File: good goy.png (11KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
good goy.png
11KB, 208x243px
>>384295712
>>384295540
You said it very well good goy.
>>
>>384295817
I'm a wizard
>>
>>384295909
Okay you selfish dick. Enjoy a well deserved lonely life.
>>
>>384295645
I´m pretty much in the same boat but I plan on saving up money, getting a vehicle, and just driving somewhere until I find a place that doesn´t suck. Maybe I will find a nice place, get a gf, have a lot of friends or maybe I will just blow all my money and come back home and live with my parents. Just get out and do something you want nigga.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>384295749
>ve played all the games

You literally haven't. In fact i am willing to bet you're a PCbro exclusively.

In any case, as shitty as you think your life might be just remember that you only get one. I'm a pessimist so i can't do the whole "things will get better" spiel, but hey, perhaps suffering is better than oblivion.
>>
>>384295817

i am this person and yes i am >>384291647
>>
31 here, currently burning through the fire emblem series. Besides the Vita and the 3ds, I don't force myself to play modern games. Psp is still the ducking king tho
>>
>>384296295
>Selfish
>Patting himself on the back for ejaculating into a hole while wishing bad things onto others
>>
>>384296325
>PC_uck gets filtered to PCbro

What the fuck is happening to this cesspool?
>>
>>384294241
This is why people like The Witcher 3 so much.
The story lines go out side of the usual.
>>
>>384295817
in 6 months
>>
File: 1491335058711.jpg (66KB, 610x596px) Image search: [Google]
1491335058711.jpg
66KB, 610x596px
>>384288992
>30 something
>old

WELP
E
L
P
>>
20 y/o here, just stopping by to let you know that if you're over 25 you need to fuck off outta this site
>>
>>384291625
This literally and logically makes no sense. It's like saying you shouldn't watch TV after 12, and football is only for teenagers.
>>
30y

I had fun with arkham knight. Pretty solid AAA game, I didnt know they still made decent ones of those. Battlefield used to be my main FPS but I can never find the same feeling I had from the days of BC2 which had a great community and gameplay. Ive played overwatch a lot just because i had no other interesting FPS, but it's a garbage game full of children and surprisingly women, something that is completely new to me.

I tried replaying Final Fantasy 7 - 8 - 9 - 10, big games from my childhood, but just get bored immediately
I guess the only games that still hold my interest are crpgs, 500h in PoE, and played through the shadowrun and expeditions games.

The only thing im looking forward to at this point is the next shadowrun game and deadfire. I remember when I was a kid playing on PSX and every single week had a new game coming out I was hype for.
>>
>>384296929
who the fuck do you think makes all the video games that you like you retarded child
>>
>>384295645
You're aware all cars have these installed now right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter

> Everything feels boring
Have you not tried drugs? Definitely makes being a wage slave tolerable. Shrooms might even cure your depression.
>>
32. Im wealthy enough to have a top of the line rig but the adrenaline from playing FPS is too much. I really enjoy 2D platformers and FFXIV. At 30 you just become a casual. Cant be helped.
>>
>>384296929
Fuck out of here with your highschool mentality kid. Grown ups don´t do shit to look cool they do shit they enjoy, if they enjoy video games and talking about them, you have no right to tell them they can´t.
>>
>>384296929
Like 5 fucking years even makes a difference; fuck off moron.
>>
>>384296929
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>384297350
No matter how much you like games being a hardcore gamer is depressing when you know how much other shit there is you need to do. Feels self destructive.
>>
>>384297350
> At 30 you just become a casual. Cant be helped.

The exact opposite happened to me. I used to value story over gameplay and now it's the other way around. Not playing braindead causal games it's what kept me interested in videogames.
>>
Turning 33 tomorrow.
Currently looking for a game to play since it seems that butterlord is never going to come out in my lifetime. Played some xcom-2 last week.

>At 30 you just become a casual.
Speak for yourself two years ago i was mad grindan :^)

Theres just nothing worth playing at the moment.
>>
>>384288992
>is anyone else le tired gamer?
Just fuck off and find something else to do
>>
>>384288992
Beat Sonic 2 earlier today. I love Sega's 3D classics line.
>>
File: 1308180087327.jpg (80KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
1308180087327.jpg
80KB, 500x463px
>>384294241
>I'm only 19
>>
>>384297735
>grindan
>not casual as fuck
There is nothing more casual than grinding, you dumb old man.
>>
>>384288992
>are you playing anything?
More now than when I was younger. Indie devs have been killing it on PC.

>feeling tired yet?
Of games? No. Of a whole lot of other shit? Yes.
>>
>>384291970
>I simply cannot be arsed to give a single shit about story in a game.
Oh yeah, I'm here too. I used to love RPGs and shit but I can't do it anymore. I play a lot of shmups and pure action games.
>>
34 here. I went through long periods where I would get so far into games and just drop them, and never go back, and I think it was directly related to the idea of having a "backlog". I've got literally hundreds of games to play, and even more to replay, but it was only when I said "fuck it, i'll just play what I feel like" that I got over it. Fuck having a backlog. Gaming isn't a job, unless you're a complete loser.
>>
>>384292475
The alt right conservacucks haven't enacted their flavor of sharia law in my state yet thankfully.
>>
31, not really tired of anything. Don't feel much different than 10 years ago. About the only thing I'm tired of is other peoples bullshit.
>>
>>384297083
People who actually contribute to society instead of posting on here past a socially acceptable age?
>>384297424
Sure I do, past a certain point committing such acts is a waste on society. If they wanna be manchildren they should off themselves.
>>384297572
It does in the eyes of people who matter; you just look pathetic.
>384297609
>newfag
been here since i was 13, ill be gone in another 5 like a normal person
>>
>>384297961
Grinding is the epitome of hardcore you fucking scrub, its the gaming equivalent of a triathlon. Only those with the endurance to put in the time and the skill to make best use of that time can be on top.

People who think doing some shitty raid with a guide they read 2 hours a week because of lockout timers are hardcore need to be killed.
>>
>>384298312
I sort of gave up on the idea of backlog when I estimated the time to complete all of my games would be a year and 10 hour days.
>>
>>384288992
My father, who died at the age of 64, spent his last night playing Wolfenstein: ET. He kept trying to get me to join his clan, but best I could do was join his Steam group. We still chatted a lot, and we still discussed games a lot. That said, he's always pushed games as legit entertainment, and I have been a "gamer" since the Atari era.

If I pull that whole "tired" of it shit, I shame his memory.
>>
>>384298312
I never inderstood people that force themselves to finish games. If I'm not in the mood for game x, I just pick up another game or do something else. Sometimes I go back after a while to finish the game, sometimes I don't.
>>
File: 1464635661747.jpg (29KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1464635661747.jpg
29KB, 480x640px
>>384298510
>>
File: cute.jpg (18KB, 292x156px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
18KB, 292x156px
>tfw Witcher 3 was the last game that really grabbed you for months
>tfw can't get into any other games because you get bored after a 10-15 hours
>>
>>384298683

I guess, but there are also lots of people who will sell a game as soon as they finish it wherever possible, or not buy a new game until they finish the old one.
>>
File: 1497619787536.jpg (48KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1497619787536.jpg
48KB, 600x476px
>32
>still living with my parents
>good job, +2000$ in savings every month
>excelent rig
>Vive
>tons of games
>get bored of every single one after an hour

Im a fucking parasite and I should have bought a fancy car or something instead
>>
>>384298510
>contribute to society
I contribute more with my expert video game critique on hunic teletype than someone whos job is sitting at work on facebook all day and doing 5 minutes of actual effort.
>>
Just beat the Ratchet and Clank remake. Bretty gud.
>>
File: 1495689991214.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1495689991214.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
>>384298510
Dis sum weak ass bait mon
>>
>>384298656
I'm an Engineer
>>
>>384298510
>socially acceptable age?

Guaranteed replies, young 'un.
>>
36 here.

Right now I'm only fucking around in Assetto Corsa, in particular the Formula 2 mod by rss at Targa Florio. Its an exciting drive that takes about half hour to do a lap.

Other games I'm thinking about starting up is Fire Pro Wrestling World... but its still recently released in EA so I'm taking a wait and see for now.

Also I'm always up for a dungeon crawler, but that game Grimoire is vaporware and will never come out.

Oh right, and I'll definitely play Elex when it comes out. I'm a sucker for Piranha Bytes games... even if they're pretty bad.
>>
>>384298786
You are basically my brother except with a job.
>>
>>384298786

> I should have bought a fancy car
Why?
>>
>>384298783
>or not buy a new game until they finish the old one

I don't get this either. I simply look for deals every once in a while and buy a stack of new games to play whenever I feel like playing them. I still have wrapped up games lying around that I got for dirt cheap.
>>
>>384298786
>32
>still living with my parents
The worst feel tbqh, yet just thinking about moving out bother me
>>
>>384298786
eh, you're not a parasite if you have a job and obviously make enough to cover your own expenses.
>>
File: 1429571322802.png (6KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
1429571322802.png
6KB, 411x387px
so what are some games you would consider good for a "tired gamer" sort of breed?
>>
>>384298786
>I should have bought a fancy car
Thats a waste.

Just save up your money and one day buy a boat, and go on adventures. You want a trawler, look into it. Its the kind of boat they make fishing boats out of. You can have a comfy little cabin. They are not the fastest boat, but they are very efficient and reliable.

This is my dream.
>>
are you playing anything?
pc
>hots
>100% OJ
PS4
>Crash trilogy

feeling tired yet?
Yes, due to stupid ass work sched of 9am -1pm then 5pm-9pm. And lately, the only games that interests me are remakes of the games I already played. I'm actually having fun with crash, getting all plat and all, also i'm more hyped playing ffXII and will probably end up playing it first than FFXV and world of FF despite having a copy of em day one.
>>
File: spawn die.gif (832KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
spawn die.gif
832KB, 500x293px
>>384297350
31. I still enjoy FPS games, but they do wear me out after a bit. Knowing that 10 years ago I was always top 3 on the scoreboard, I can now only spawn->die so much before I start drinking the shame away.

pic related kinda
>>
>>384298950
Presumably because cars a way to get places and experience new and exciting things. The fanciness is optional.
>>
File: Can't stop this feeling.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Can't stop this feeling.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>384298510
Can't stop this feeling that it's summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv1RoBzYvVM
>>
>>384291995

>My gf's sons
>Failed to develop properly as a human being

Seems spot on in this example.
>>
36 now. Lived away for about ten years, moved back into my mom's because she got sick and dad died a few years ago. She doesn't need much care, just the company.

I feel like some NEET fucker, even though i'm not. Fucking hell.
>>
>>384299068

For me its Tekken 7, Pinball Arcade and racing sims. Basically a logical progression from the good old arcade days.
>>
>>384299227

If you take a train you can chat with people
>>
>>384299193
The problem is you relied on your reflexes instead of your wit.

Ive always been shit at technical skill, but i basically used mind games and map knowledge and a sense of timing to always get the jump on people and shotgun them or whatever the games weapon of 'guarenteed close range winning if you can get to close range' was.

Experience means a lot. Sure you arent going to outplay some young savant but you will totally pubstomp all the shitters.
>>
>>384299095
You know adventures can happen on land right? Even day trips can be an adventure. Pick a place and see how much shit you can do while getting there.
>>
>>384299379
Can you?
>>
i played no moer heroes on ps3 to try it out on dualshock and trying to decide whether or not to get a wii u and CFW to play gamecube games + wii and wii u games
OR get a move for ps3 (shit option)
or emulate it on PC and get all the controllers and shit and get all that working on PC

either way all options seem really fucking tedious, i just want to play windwaker, and some other games
>>
>>384299068
I don't know. Personally, I stopped playing games almost entirely from around when I was 21. I slowly got back into videogames around 28, and finally made a real comeback at the age of 30, when I spontaneously picked up a 3DS XL on my birthday.
>>
>>384292475
Please don't talk to him and his future wife's children like that again please. Thank you.
>>
35. Replaying Borderlands 2. Bought into the Steam controller meme. 40 hours in, It's actually not bad for couch gaming.
>>
>>384299436

Oh, yes. And when you get to the age where you don't give a fuck how you're perceived, it gets much easier, too. Ironic, really.
>>
>>384299328
This is because the whole 'dont live with your family' meme is literally propagated to do two things.
1. Inflate the real-estate market
2. Destroy western moral values

There is no reason not to live with your family unless you actually have a reason to be living somewhere else. It used to be common for 4 generations to live togeather under the same roof. The idea that you should all live in separate houses in the same fucking town just because would have seemed horribly wasteful and retarded 100 years ago.
>>
File: 1494120242441.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494120242441.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>384299379
>chatting with strangers on public transportation
>showing such complete disregard for social etiquette
>>
>>384299415
Im planning a road trip across the entire country in a couple years actually. But something about putting around in a trawler appeals to me.
>>
>>384299049
But I still live with my parents just because I can save 75% of my salary and buy stupid things with the rest. Now, After 10 years I could literally buy a small flat just with savings. I feel bad
>>
>>384288992
just turned 35

playing PUBG with a friend a lot. Girlfriend is currently enjoying bastard bonds (surprise!) so I'm going to start her on Suikoden 2 next week.

I get to give my girlfriend, who I've been with for 7 years, the gift of Suikoden 2 for the first time. "relationship goals" embodied.
>>
>>384299608

Don't most Italians live with their parents? I heard that somewhere once.
>>
>>384299608

Well yes. A lot of the ten years i've spent away have been in Asia, where it's the standard to live with family. Still, cultures are different, and I still feel a little bad. House prices in the UK being what they are, I couldn't afford one of my own.
>>
>>384299629

It's social etiquette to chat on trains. You're thinking of subways.
>>
>>384288992 (OP)
I play with my cousin, he's 33 and he actually has been using an ESP (he's also a hacker) and he says "great responsibility kiddo" when I say I want to compete.
I guess gamers are and stay retarded.
>>
>>384299914

what's an ESP?
>>
>>384291647
Nier Automata is a good game and I'm someone who relentlessly shit on the first game because it was bad and the writing was bad.

Automata's writing is less bad and the game is literally a hundred times better. However, it's not a $60 game, it's an $30 game (poor combo selection/poor combo branching, weak environments except theme park)

First game I've played in so long to give me those classic JRPG feels heh
>>
>>384299629
Have you ever been on a train? That is literally what you do. I have friends that I met on a train.
>>
>>384299873
especially when theres a murder afoot
>>
>>384299608
Yeah, it's really fucking weird how burgers make such a huge deal out of it. It's amazing how conditioned that whole country is and now it's seeping into other cultures thanks to their media.
>>
28 here

Bannerlord is the only thing keeping me alive at this point.
>>
>>384299724
Unless it´s more convenient living elsewhere for work or some shit, or need a place to bring bitches back to then there is no real reason to move out. Just save your money and have fun with it, you can´t take it when you die so enjoy.
>>
>>384300010

>>384299873 is right, i was thinking of subways
>>
>>384300020

Or when you are simply determined to beat that damned Smythe-Jenkins in finishing the old Times crossword, what?
>>
File: 1462653094975.jpg (89KB, 679x660px) Image search: [Google]
1462653094975.jpg
89KB, 679x660px
30 I'm playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I find it boring.
I am enjoying Nex Machina and Brigador.
>>
>>384299048
No, the worst feel is finally getting your shit together, moving the fuck out after getting your own place, only to have them move into your home.
>>
have not played anything since persona 5 a couple of months ago. I bought a bunch of games like 2 weeks ago but have not touched any of them either. I'm planning on buying some weed today and maybe play REmake, which I have never played.
>>
>>384290538
Decline in reflexes relative to age (at least in men) prior to around 50 is more often the result of a lack of physical fitness.
>>
>>384300148
>I am enjoying Nex Machina and Brigador.
Played both of these recently. Good shit.
>>
File: IMG_1334.jpg (628KB, 2048x1295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1334.jpg
628KB, 2048x1295px
>>384288992
38 and I love video games. New and old. Many of my friends have dropped off new game and and only want arcade stuff, but a few love new games as much as I do as well.

There's has never been a better time to play video games.
>>
>>384298786
I'm 29 and only just finally moved out on my own.

You're not really missing anything.
>>
>>384297708
Hardcore generally refers to long gaming marathons, multiple play throughs, achievement hunting..etc.
You can enjoy story and mechanics with out being hardcore.
>>
>>384288992
I've been inside for 2 weeks straight playing video games because I was ill. I finally went out today to get some food. It was 70 degrees, sunny, it was beautiful. Then I came home and here I sit still with nothing I feel like playing. I hope tomorrow I can go for a walk.
>>
>>384300571

Oh. Also I'm playing Tekken 7 and Arcus Odyssey at the moment... Really trying to like Arcus, but it's a classic Wolfteam game where it's all style over substance.
>>
>>384298907
>Elex
Whoa, a scifi game from the makers of Gothic? Could be interesting if they improve their writing department.
>>
>>384299380
Spot on. I only minimally cared about map layout and item placement because my aim and reaction speed were really good. Now I just don't have the time or patience to devote to that kinda thing. So I try to just play casually for fun, and I just get butt flustered.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
>30+ year old thread
>no meme spouting or shitposting
>>
>>384300217
At least you have purpose in that scenario. Moving out of your parents house just to waste $2000 a month on an empty apartment is draining.
>>
>>384300671
I like to avoid the outside since the sunlight makes the floaters from my posterior vitreous detachment much more apparent.
>>
32, i don't play much anymore

Unmarried, but my job pays well so most of my time goes into work

I play an hour of GTA V once or twice a week, not really paying attention to the game, putzing around LA is fun. I grew up there, currently live in Boston.

Last time I really got into a game was FFX

Most days I feel fine, but watching E3 made me feel tired and old.
>>
>>384293297
Tokido is 33 and he just beat the shit out of Punk who is only 18 at Evo. Also Daigo is Top 40 in CPT rankings.
>>
>>384301110
>E3 made me feel tired and old
E3 is old and tired.
>>
>>384291625

Oh look, it's a teen that thinks he'll stop playing games by the time he's 25. How naive.
>>
32, playing FFXIV and watching cute boys on chaturbate
>>
>>384301232
>he thinks something profound is going to happen
>he doesn't realize this is it, this is life

I wish i was there to see when the panic first sets in
>>
>>384301040
It's almost like, I don't know..... you just grow out of that shit.
>>
>>384301040
The cake is a lie!

There you go, carry on.
>>
>>384301040
all your base are belong to us
hahahaha
>>
>>384301428
Im just more subtle with my funposting, the skill of a veteran memer. I now am shitposting at all times, every thing i say is laced with enticing microbaits
>>
File: 1268634143085.jpg (164KB, 789x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1268634143085.jpg
164KB, 789x1125px
>>384288992

30 here. Hooked up my Dreamcast so I've been playing that a lot lately. Had friends over on the weekend so we played various games on that. Also discovered my old original XBox live password so my copy of PSO on that system isn't absolutely useless, but I doubt any of my friends now will want to sit down to play that split screen.

When it comes to new stuff or single player games it's basically a coin toss if I'll actually get into it. The last two single-player games I actually dumped hours into were Dragons Dogma DA and Persona 5. I usually just stick to arcade games or old-school stuff. The games that are easy to hop in and out of.
>>
>>384301586
I suppose asking a question would be a form of baiting someone. You could be like, "ha fucker I asked you what time it is and you responded like a sucker."
>>
>>384288992
this is an interesting thread. I've always wondered why people 50+ don't seem to play games, I see one anon say his dad played wolfenstein till his death at 64... I imagine I would play games when I'm elderly because I lift and play basketball four times a week, I can't do that later in life.
>>
>>384289106
Jesus fuck are you me? Love DoI especially, can't wait for more free maps Friday.
>>
>>384301840
Video games are a recent thing, it's not even one generation old.
>>
>>384301840
>I've always wondered why people 50+ don't seem to play games

Because games were not really a thing back then.

People 50+ talked on the phone and watched tv. What are they still doing, to this day? The ones who were into computer games way back when it started are still playing games im sure.

You just keep on doing what it is you did. So kids these days will grow up and continue being insufferable faggots.
>>
>>384301840

Because 50+ year olds didn't grow up with games
>>
I'm only 25 and I'm tired of video games. I have 300 games in my backlog that I've purchased over the years through sales, bundles etc. But everytime I install one of them I get about an hour in and then exit the game never go back, even when I mean too.

League of Legends is the only game I still consistently put time into. Even though it leaves me frothing pissed off 50% of the time, there's just something so incredibly simple about it. I can get home from work, log-on and get into a game within 5 minutes with no bullshit. I can play two or three matches and then move on with my life for the day, more or less forgetting about the matches entirely within seconds of them ending. It feels good.
>>
>>384302516
im sorry to say friend, you are a casul
you were likly always a casul you just may have been mislead into thinking you are hardcore
the difference between casul and hardest core is more about how you approach games and why you play them than what you are actually doing at any given moment.
>>
30. Nothing I really want to play right now. Just completed Darkest Dungeon. Had been playing a lot of Rainbow Six Siege and Dawn of War 3 (even though it's shit) but I'm tired of them now and need something new.

Looking forward to the release of Divinity Original Sin 2 and We Happy Few. Also, apparently SuperGiant Games is putting out an RPG game called Pyre soon. Hopefully that'll be good, too.
>>
>>384302516
Literally me at 25. 27 now and I barely touch games at all, mostly because of my shit work schedule and nice days I go out on the bike. Had a few days off the other week and played some shadowrun returns and a bit of FFXIV, was pretty fun but it´s so hard to find the motivation again. Been gaming my whole life so if I quit I will be fucking lost.
>>
File: HighresScreenshot00012.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HighresScreenshot00012.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
I stopped playing games 2 years ago, Wolfenstein was the last one.
Instead i put all energy into art and learning even more so i can do the whole 3d modelling creation pipeline.
Learning Unreal Engine currently.

I learned so much by cutting down on vidya and dumb media consumption.
My desire to create is overruling my desire to play games.
I haven't even played Witcher 3 yet and i am a total fan of the whole series.
I will sooner or later, but i am not in a hurry.
Probably will play it when it runs in 4K and i have the hardware, maybe 2019 when Star Citizen Alpha arrives.

pic related, Unreal Engine rendering. I maed this.
>>
File: Screenshot (8).png (321KB, 982x628px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (8).png
321KB, 982x628px
>>384303045
>maybe 2019 when Star Citizen Alpha arrives.
>>
>>384302662
Casual vs hardcore is stupid, he just fell into a routine.

You can easily play deeper story based games in the time it takes to knock out 2-3 rounds of LoL but it's different. Feels slow and wasteful because you're so used to having completed a round by now.
>>
>>384299380
>Ive always been shit at technical skill, but i basically used mind games and map knowledge and a sense of timing to always get the jump on people and shotgun them or whatever the games weapon of 'guarenteed close range winning if you can get to close range' was.

This. Mind games are your bread and butter when you lose your reflexes. Gotta know when to lock down a zone JUST long enough for a couple of butthurt enemies to try and team up on you, and then outflank them when they do.

I raped ass at Star Wars Battlefront like this. But then again it's an EA FPS so there were probably a lot of 10 year olds in there too.
>>
>>384303045
>dumb media consumption
Internet media is the biggest waste of time.
The only thing you gain is the ability to stay up to date with lame modern memes. Most of which are pushing some sort of social agenda.
>>
>>384303254
>stupid
No, it is just misunderstood. A casual plays to beat the game, hardcore plays to beat themselves.
>>
>>384288992
i'm thinking about playing pillars of eternity
been on a crpg kick lately but i think it's losing its charm

need tome kind of low paced crap to play while pedaling the exercise bike
>>
>>384303794
battle brothers is slow paced
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.