[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all the hype around Dragon Ball FighterZ i went back to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: mayflash-fighstick-f300.jpg (51KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mayflash-fighstick-f300.jpg
51KB, 800x800px
With all the hype around Dragon Ball FighterZ i went back to playing fighting games (havent played them since the PS2 era). Im currently playing UMVC and GG Rev2 but a controller just doesnt feel right.

So is pic related a good fighting stick to reintroduce myself to fighting games?
>>
File: Ch46EIjUoAAqX_f.jpg_orig.jpg (472KB, 2000x1457px) Image search: [Google]
Ch46EIjUoAAqX_f.jpg_orig.jpg
472KB, 2000x1457px
>>384276903
No, avoid that if you can afford to o
The Qanba Drone is the best budget stick, unless you can find a good used Hori
>>
you don't need or should want to buy an overpriced controller. Especially for a game thats only quarter circles. Stop being faggots
>>
>>384276903
I'm in the same situation as you OP, there are a few EVO sales going on right now. I ordered the parts to build one for myself. Never done it and it will probably be a disaster but it sounds fun.
>>
>>384276903
I have it and it's been pretty good. I played better when I started using it over an old stick.
Using it for SFV.
>>
>>384277216
you shouldn't want to shitpost, but you do it anyway. rly makes me think.
>>
>>384277216
This is 5 dollars more than xbox one controller or a PS4 controller anon...
>>
>>384277141
My budget is around $200. The Qanba seems nice, is it easy to mod?
>>
>>384276903
If you can find a madcatz or Qanba stick, get one of those. The price tag should be justified by your level of dedication. Do you think you'll play the game enough to spend $200+ on a peripheral?

Don't make the mistake I did.
>preorder SFV
>preorder TS2 $250 madcatz stick
>haven't played a fighting game since tekken 4
>never touched a street fighter
>realize I'm ass at fighting games and I have no one to play with, 2 months after release
>buy guilty gear rev 2
>spend 1-2 hours before work every morning dedicating myself to the sole purpose of learning fundamentals
>all my friends are getting DBZ fighter

I could have chosen a more cost efficient path. Please take my mistake to heart.
>>
It's a great starter stick and easily moddable. I would buy it and stuff it with Sanwa parts.
>>
File: 1486251440301.jpg (829KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486251440301.jpg
829KB, 810x1080px
>>384277521
VERY easy. I put a Sanwa stick and silent buttons in mine, took just a few minutes with a screwdriver and plyers
>>
>>384277141
>find a good used Hori
i have this. hori mini
>>
>>384277754
My friend got one of these. I absolutely cannot use it since I'm used to full sized sticks. I'm not sure if this is just my experience or if other people would feel the same way.
>>
I still don't see the point of an oversized controller when you can use a normal one that's much more handy
>>
>>384277526
Yeah, i have being re-training myself on the fundamentals with UMVC, i didnt bought a fighting stick right way due to fear of not getting into it. But it has been 4 months and im still playing, im getting better but i have trouble with some inputs using the PS4 controller, specially the zig zag ones, it doesnt help the fact that i have big hands.
>>
>>384277526
sorry about your loss mate. I started playing when I was 15 (26 now) and I wager I could smoke you in most games. It's all about the time.
If its any consolation most modern fighters are shit. Especially V.
>>
>>384277521
for 200 buy the qanba obsidian if you're in the usa. i think it's 15% off with free shipping currently.
>>
>>384277886
I'm a controller player, so i bought this mini as i did not want to dedicate too much money into getting a decent stick just to find I am no better with a stick than a controller.
I only got the stick for KoF14 but i can't play online as it's dead in europe and the BR's and nips won't play with high ping.
Glad that I ddn't shell out for a stick I am not gonna use.
I will use it on another game in the future I guess.
>>
>>384278096
>I wager I could smoke you in most games
I don't doubt that. You'd probably wreck my shit. However, I'm the best of my friend circle, and when DBZ releases I will be king of the scrubs once more.
>tfw super gold alex main
>tfw never won a single GGrev2 match online
>>
>>384277521
I got a qamba q1 full sanwa from their official store for $80 + $30 shipping. I'm not a burgerfag, so the shipping was on the expensive side, but it might be cheaper for usa buyers.
>>
any of you use anything other than sanwa?
>>
>>384278463
>tfw super gold alex main
Bless your soul.
>>
File: 1499623917029.jpg (153KB, 960x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1499623917029.jpg
153KB, 960x1199px
>>384276903
I have that same fight stick. The stock buttons and joystick are really decent for the price, so basically if you want to get better buttons and joystick that fightstick is compatible with other buttons such as SANWA so you can easily switch em out if you got the tools.

Really, theres no need to spend 200 dollars on a fucking fight stick.

Basically buy that fightstick and buy better buttons and switch em out and you're good to go.
>>
>>384277754
Isn't that too small ? I'm thinking about buying it since it's cheap.
>>
>>384276903

the real problem with arcade sticks is (you)
it depends on how evolved a as a human being you are.

if you are still an ape that use a lot of strength on your hands
many arcade sticks are going to work like shit.

so in that case you need a cheap chinese/american 2us stick.
it doesn't matter if is a sanwa/seimitsu etc. those are for people with precise movements
unless you want to practice for hours and hours.

buttons are another thing.
if you are precise you can go sanwa. but if you need to feel the buttons before pressing.
go seimitsu or another model/brand.

some sanwa buttons can be pressed just by looking at them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.