[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's end this shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: pane1.jpg (18KB, 460x200px) Image search: [Google]
pane1.jpg
18KB, 460x200px
the real reason devs are not making games for switch is not because the other companies have bought or pay the devs to not develop games for the switch, it is because Nintendo is a nightmare company to work with.

That's it, you can like it all you want and they can be a so-so company with their fans (shutting down every fan project ever) but on the business side, to the game developers, they are an awful big brother company that is just not worth working with.
>>
K
>>
>>384272209
>the real reason devs are not making games for switch
Is there any real proof games aren't being made for the Switch? People like to say this but the average game takes 3-5 years to develop from scratch.
>>
>>384272416
Which is usually in development before the console comes out so the console can ship with lots of games and have pretty decent library around 2 months after its release.
>>
>>384272560
>Which is usually in development before the console comes out so the console can ship with lots of games and have pretty decent library around 2 months after its release.

Huh, See: PS4, Xbox One
>>
>>384272914
Yes I see them, and they prove me right, what's your point?
>>
File: This.png (62KB, 776x189px) Image search: [Google]
This.png
62KB, 776x189px
>>384272209
>>384272209
>>384272209
Its going downhill at this point
>>
3rd parties just don't want to compete with Nintendo software. " Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games" is true because once you play Nintendo games, you can see how trash western AAA abortions are
>>
Is that why companies like Next Level Games and Platinum do really well when working with them?
>>
>>384273058
>they prove me right
>pretty decent library around 2 months after its release

The fuck are you smoking?

PS4 had shit all for it's library until almost half a year after release and it didn't get good until a year later.

XBone STILL has fuck all for games.
>>
>>384272416
>From scratch

They don't need to do that. All they need to do is take what they already have and release it on Switch. It isn't all that difficult.
>>
Why does /v/ hold Nintendo to higher standards than the other big two that are killing the industry?
>>
didn't the wii u had tekken? why didn't the switch get it?
>>
Any evidence to support this? Nintendo apparently upped the Switch's memory at Capcoms request. Given a new president and the failure of the Wii U it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo is working a lot more with third parties.
>>
>>384273583
Cos they worked with Nintendo and realized it was a nightmare so they passed on the switch
>>
>>384273445
you mean ps3 ports that are old as fuck?
>>
Fuck Nintendo, they shit all over their best franchises and know the fans will eat shit. I wish they were gone.
>>
>>384273757
Quite the opposite.

I work at Nintendo.

Wii U happened because Nintendo decided to cave in to third party demands and release a more powerful Wii. They were assured by third parties that they would heavily support such a console right out of the gate. The Gamepad was honestly kind of an afterthought. The idea was to create a console that would be appealing to third party developers.

Of course, they did not do as they promised, and Nintendo had to rush a lot of titles for the 2013-2015 period to pad out the library. Now the higher ups at Nintendo have a burning hatred for all third party developers in general.
>>
>>384273548
its the same standard, its just overpriced hardware and a limited library
>>
>>384274006
>2
Not just those. Upcoming releases like Kingdom Hearts III and Yakuza 6, which could easily run on Switch given the proper adjustments.

Of course, I'm not against collections of older games being released as well. But we've seen how Capcom can't even do that.
>>
No, its because the game came out 4 months ago, theyve been developing the games for months and probably didn't have a devkit.
The install back is too small to rush out a shoddy switch port.
>>
>>384272209
Pretty sure it's because the switch is a garbage console that will have 5 games worth playing in its short lifespan.
>>
>>384273058
sorry you lost the argument little boy
>>
>>384272209
It's because we ate on a video game recession and major third parties don't have any new IPs or are too afraid of dropping games on the Switch.

Besides other third parties outright disliking Nintendo even tho they would have been bankrupt during the Wii gen if it wasn't for Nintendo outsourcing games to them.
>>
Once they go for the kill on 3ds, handheld games will shift to switch. But i do think that they have to complement that with the release of a revision that focus more in portability, call it switch min or wtv. Isn't that afterall what nintendo is after and why it merged the console and handheld devs? More games that are shared for both devices.
>>
>>384272209
>let's face it, the truth of the matter isn't this conspiracy theory
>it's THIS OTHER conspiracy theory
>"actually, let me adjust my armchair and explain to you what is REALLY going on. According to this bunch of hearsay..."
>"My opinion is this other opinion that everybody else already parrots incessantly, but I'll sell it as mine own"
>>
Here's the thing the average shitposter doesn't tell you when he makes these hourly threads. Developers HATE risk. Games cost a shitload of money to make these days because the cost of development has risen dramatically in the bast 15 years or so. The idea of developing for a new console is scary for them because it could end up selling for peanuts and they take a loss on the studio. Every single console since the HD era has had this issue and it isn't changing anytime soon. '
However Nintendo is not holding back since they're releasing a title a month until the holiday season. We haven't seen first party support this heavy since the dreamcast.
>>
>nobody's making games for it

The fuck you talking about? There's literally hundreds in development.

It takes a while to make games in case you didn't know.
>>
Companies are waiting to see if it's a flop or smash success first.

If it keeps selling the way it's selling they'll slap ports together en masse
>>
>>384274216
Interesting, any more insights? How are things with Capcom?
>>
File: 1489707401621.png (916KB, 1853x1394px) Image search: [Google]
1489707401621.png
916KB, 1853x1394px
>>384272209
>it is because Nintendo is a nightmare company to work with.
Except many devs have said the opposite of this
>>
>>384272209
It's actually because the Switch is a completely different architecture and vastly inferior in terms of specs, so ports would actually require effort instead of the copy/paste job that happens between PS4/Xbone/PC
>>
>>384272209
There won't be third party games for a bit because Nintendo sent the dev kits at the last moment. I don't know what they are thinking most of the time with their retarded decisions.
>>
>>384275912
I think you posted the wrong shitposting collage
>>
>>384276179
How were Bomberman, Fast RMX, and Blaster Master ready for launch, then?
>>
No shock there. Nintendo has always put themselves first. Then MAYBE they'll think about 3rd parties.
>>
>>384276582
it's the exclusives and its companies couldnt steal WONDERFUL NINTENDO SWITCH'S IDEA
>>
>>384272209
As far as I know, at least Nintendo of Europe is very third-party developer friendly nowadays, while Nintendo of Japan remains fairly strict on things as usual. Not sure about NoA.
>>
>>384272209
Woah what a revelation. Nintendo is a selfish garbage company that deserves to die. Everyone who isn't a shit eating drone already kows this.
>>
>>384273245
>I'm eleven years old
The Post
>>
>>384274374
This guy gets it
>>
>>384275127
Oh yeah cause that ended so well for Sega
>>
>>384274374
that's like, every console since the 7th gen my dude.
>>
>>384272209
The actual reason is because developers don't know how to optimize anymore so they just claim the Wii U/Switch are too weak.
>>
>>384272209
Finally someone said it. Listen to all the dev nightmare stories of getting through to Nintendo. Casuals think it's hardware limitation when in reality the company is a pain in the ass for 3rd party devs.
>>
>>384273331
A few Japanese 3rd party devs get better treatment.
>>
>>384275419
>literally hundreds
Name them you shill.
>>
>>384274216
>Nintendo have a burning hatred for all third party developers in general

didn't they always?
>>
>>384279040
Nintendo sees all 3rd party as competitors how many 3rd party games were huge sellers on a Nintendo Platform without having to cut a deal with Nintendo. Where they get more than the usual license fee
>>
>>384274321

Anything Yakuza related would be a no brainer for the Japanese market.

But this is Sega we're talking about.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.