[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting up Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Has anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: jeanette.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jeanette.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
I'm starting up Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Has anyone got the beginner's chart?

I'm planning to play as a Toreador and want to try going throughout the game with as little fighting as possible? What are the best skills to invest into at the beginning? I heard there are also sections where you need to fight so what would be the best skill to invest in and how much would be the minimum I need?
>>
Guns suck in this one, feels like Chaos Theory where you have to wait for every shot to line up.

I would get melee or unarmed.
>>
>>384262884
There is a pretty hard boss at the beginning, so invest in melee weapons from the onset.

Guns are pretty bad at the beginning and become better at the end of the game. But melee weapons are sufficient for everything so i can only really recommend guns to tremeres (who suck at melee).
>>
>>384262884
To have an easy time in VtMB for your first run, all you have to do is complete as many side quests as you can at all times to have tons of experience, then only spend it sparingly to adjust for new situations that become too difficult or new strategies that appeal to you (it's hard to know what play style you'll like before your start).

The major traps to avoid are 1) neglecting to keep your combat skills high, or 2) doing a half-and-half build between melee and combat, which will wind up crippling you fast.
>>
>>384264113
* between melee and gun combat
>>
>>384262884
Best social skill to circumvent fighting is persuasion, so boost it as much as possible. Seduction is decent if you're female, and intimidation is serviceable too. Depends on what type of character you want to roleplay.

The game has mandatory fighting in every part of the game in certain quests, so progressively putting points into one of the three combat types (unarmed, melee, ranged) is required, especially later on. Unarmed sucks, so it's either melee which is consistently good throughout the game or ranged which kinda sucks early on but seriously picks up and becomes OP later on. Since you have Auspex, which adds perception when activated (perceptions boosts your ranged skill; accuracy and damage) most people use Ranged with the toreador clan.

But again, it's up to you and what kind of vamp you wanna play, if you'd like to be some weeaboo toreador that likes katanas you can go melee. Just remember to put points every once in a while in between all the other social feats you will be boosting. There is no minimum, by the end of the game you should have 7-10 in your ranged skill if you've been putting points. Don't put it all early and neglect your social skills either because the social stat checks get progressively harder. You really are supposed to gradually improve every skill over time as you complete quests. So do all the side quests.

Finally, you're a toreador, which means you have celerity, the most powerful discipline in the game. If you want to make something a priority to boost/max, then that should be celerity. You can use it for combat as well as stealth in higher levels, it's really cool. With it activated, you really shouldn't have a problem with combat.

install unofficial patch basic version
>>
>>384264113
>>384263992
Ok, so what are the essential skills for a diplomatic/cool/talky character who wants to do as many quests as possible besides persuasion, stealth and melee? What attributes should I invest in?
>>
Is there a way to stop the game from shifting to 3rd person when you go melee?
>>
>>384264278
Ok, so would persuasion, melee (or should it be ranged?), celebrity and stealth be good skills to invest most points in?
>>
>>384264507
No, you can't use first person with melee, only with ranged. It's probably better that way desu.
>>
>>384264356
I know this isn't what you asked but just a thought: if you're going Toreador you might want to go with guns over melee, since the Celerity discipline eventually becomes bullet time and makes the gunplay really powerful and fun.
>>
>>384264649
sounds good to me. that's pretty much what I did.
don't forget some of the other stuff too. hacking/lockpicking/etc. I really cannot remember which ones are more worth though
>>
>>384265186
Bloodbuff can offset most of a low scores in any, with such a talky character blood dolls will give it up easily. Finance is pretty useless
>>
>>384264748
Ok, so stealth, persuasion, celebrity and guns would be the best?

What about attributes? Is manipulation, charisma and appearence equally important? Anything else I need to invest in?
>>
>>384264649
Yes, but again, don't get sucked into the whole min/max thing. Play the character you want to play. If you like guns over swords in general, then go ranged, it's perfectly viable. If you want to intimidate in dialogue, then do intimidation. If you don't care, then your setup looks good I guess.

Stealth might not even be a necessity if you put enough points to celerity, you will literally be fast enough to sneak between groups of people and escape line of sight when you want. Play around with it first and decide if you want to boost stealth over, say, hacking or lockpicking, which are very extremely good substitutes for all non-combat interactions. It might be better to boost one of them instead, but it's not mandatory if you don't envision your character doing that kind of thing.

Also, when people refer to "Ranged" and "Melee" or "Sneaking", they refer to the feats on the right side column of your character stat screen, the numbers that can go up to 10 since each feat is dictated by 2 attributes. So Ranged can be boosted equally either by putting points in guns or perception, you can see what stats boost each feat by hovering the cursor over the feat.

As for useless skills, haggling is completely useless, stay away from its constituent skills.
>>
>>384265469
>each feat is dictated by 2 attributes
meant to say each feat is dictated by 2 stats, one attribute and one ability
>>
I've been lurking these threads for the past few weeks and boy am I fucking glad to finally stumble upon some legitimately useful information and solid tips.
>>
>>384262884
No matter the build you're going for,in the late-game,get the Flamethrower.
>>
>>384262884

You're a Toreador. You want to put one point in melee regardless of 'little fighting as possible' and there is a way to get melee 2 via a book, so you will want that.

You will want Firearms at least at 1 or 2. Or you need to make a decision quickly and decide "When i DO have to fight, what would I rather use?" and dump-stat into that.

The first half of the game is not combat-centric though you will have to do combat. It is not utterly unavoidable like old school 90's RPG's. By the second half, you will not be talking your way out of fuck all. V:tM is a game about talking your way into the kind of danger you want to experience, not talking yourself out of danger.
>>
>>384264507
I'm pretty sure there are no first person models for melee weapons. So even if you could (which I think you can) force first-person you would not see your weapon
>>
File: 2017-07-17 19_49_11-Greenshot.jpg (2MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-17 19_49_11-Greenshot.jpg
2MB, 2880x1620px
The game looks so fucking good with a few tweaks.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>384265431
> Is manipulation, charisma and appearence equally important? Anything else I need to invest in?
All of those open different dialogue options. So choose whatever you think fits your character. Also you might want to consider Lockpicking/Hacking (or save them for a second character) which can help you with Quests and secret stuff.
Also never spend your points into humanity. Especially as Toreador
>>
File: 2017-07-17 19_47_31-Greenshot.jpg (2MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-17 19_47_31-Greenshot.jpg
2MB, 2880x1620px
>>384268167
>>
>>384268167
what tweaks
>>
File: 2017-07-17 19_34_21-Greenshot.jpg (2MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-17 19_34_21-Greenshot.jpg
2MB, 2880x1620px
>>384269107
Reshade and forcing HBAO+
>>
>>384264356
You'll get more than enough experience to play a character that can both talking and killing things. Just remember to invest in at least one kind of combat ability, either firearms or melee.
>>
>>384262884
Also, as no one mentioned it. Make sure to raise your hacking and lockpicking skill to help you explore and solve quests more easily.
>>
>>384262884
>want to try going throughout the game with as little fighting as possible
There is no pacifist way to beat this game
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.