[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania Curse of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What am I in for /v/? I looked at the user scores on meta-critic and saw some decent reviews.
>>
>>384259238
grinding
also fist weapons are the best weapons
>>
>>384259238
The maps are kind of crummy, there's a lot of symphony of the night style this is the hallway where you fight this enemy, this is the same hallway but you fight THIS enemy.

Bosses and the gameplay in general are rocksolid, and the familiar development mechanics are fun. Overall it's flawed but definitely the best 3D castlevannia and a decent metroidvannia style game.
>>
It's shit. Plays like Dynasty Warriors, corridors are too long given the slow travel speed, and grinding is required to uncover 100% of the map. Only good things in the game are the soundtrack and 3 boss fights (the rest being awful). Don't know why it's so overrated when Lament of Innocence is better in every regard.
>>
Spending 40% of the game being locked in the current room until you finish killing all the enemies, another 40% walking through the same copy pasted rooms, and 20% actually having fun.
>>
>>384259536
>Overall it's flawed but definitely the best 3D castlevannia
Fuck no, LoI is way better. But both of them still put too much focus on combat.
>>
>>384259238
Great gameplay, okay music, beyond shit graphics and level design.
>>
Finished it for the first time last week.

The game is fun, I liked Hector, I was expecting a Edgy dude but he wasn't... The voice was great.

Speaking of the gameplay mechanics, I found the demon system interesting, you can create different demons easily, they are leveling pretty fast around Dracula's Castle. It's a great feeling to have your favorite Golem bro by your side. The perfect guard mechanic seems a bit broken because the timing is a bit large but still great.

The worst thing about the game is the level design, imagine the game as endless corridors. Usually they all lead to the same place so whatever path you choose doesn't change a thing. I you find 3 paths in a room you can be sure that at least 2 of them leads to the same corridors. The exploration doesn't feel right because the secrets are not well hidden you just need to ability to get it.

Overall I enjoyed this game a lot.
>>
i liked a lot, solid OST, Trevor being a baddas, weapon crafting
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.