[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitch me a good MMO idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 23

File: tumblr_o4zds6ipm61qe9g4mo1_500.jpg (193KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4zds6ipm61qe9g4mo1_500.jpg
193KB, 500x730px
Pitch me a good MMO idea
>>
File: shrugging.png (188KB, 700x709px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging.png
188KB, 700x709px
Infamous conduits mmo
>>
>>384251342
Planetside, but an MMO size map, no player limit and destructible terrain.
You never said realistic.
>>
online whorehouse with build in voicechanger
>>
>>384251423
This would be cool.
Alternatively, Prototype super soldiers.
Or both
>>
>>384251342
there is no bots
>>
An MMO that's entirely community driven. Every city, settlement, shrine, religion, is driven by the community.

It starts off as a map designed by the developers with different biomes, and players are matched with forming guilds to create civilizations. PVP can break out, and it's mostly roleplaying with things such as magic, technology, weapon smithing taking real life time to develop.

The community would be small and nitch, but there would be one still because people like me exist. Cmon devs, just put in some fucking effort into creating a game with this pure sense of discovery and development.
>>
an MMO set in the shadowrun universe
>>
>>384251342
The concept honestly doesn't matter much. What matters is actually being marketable as more than "Just another MMO, but-"

Something that seriously hurts MMOs these days is just how mindless and easy they are. In more ways than one.

If you never, at any point in time while questing feel in danger of dying, or thinking "Man, this'd be a lot more fun and a lot less stressful if I had some party members", you're much less likely to ask random people to help you out while questing, and so, you'll be less likely to make friends and connections. It also hurts the economy, because, why buy or make a potion that buffs your Strength by 5 if you're just stomping through content anyways.

Another big problem is just how fucking linear almost all of them are. I hate to pull up RuneScape as a good example, but in that game, you used to be able to go basically go wherever the fuck you want, and kill anything you think you can kill. Another thing it did well was going Quality over Quantity in terms of Quests.

TL:DR: Make the game hardcore not for the sake of being hardcore, but for making the playerbase feel like they have to stick together, make players feel glad they managed to find another player to make them able to do all the things they want to do.
>>
That Miku figurine makes it too real
>>
>>384251976
so....like minecraft?
>>
File: 1476627142288.png (103KB, 591x620px) Image search: [Google]
1476627142288.png
103KB, 591x620px
Everyone is a skeleton
>>
>>384252086
So not like minecraft because the game is shallow as fuck and has NOTHING I described within it. Gas yourself. I mean more like ultima online or star wars galaxies,.
>>
>>384252173
>star wars galaxies

dont remind me anon
>>
Everybody gets one in-game dollar and the goal is to collect the most dollars
>>
>>384252173
Didn't Notch have a hand in an MMO like that once?
It was this weird thing where the community had to build everything, and the building was done literally nail by nail.
Can't for the life of me remember the name.
>>
File: 1488003624301.png (2MB, 1346x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1488003624301.png
2MB, 1346x1044px
>>384252251
>add micro-transactions so people can buy more dollars

thanks for the idea go- I mean friend
>>
>>384251342
Okay, realtime FPS dungeon-diving based game with fantastical controls, where hordes of 30 players just mob a procgen (yeah, meme, but of all places to use it) dungeon before taking on a boss or something.

Friendly fire is on. Rewards for the boss are an equal split between surviving players.

Good luck.

Oh, and a hubworld with a few hundred players to make it qualify for MMO whatever. Who gives a shit. Nobody talks in MMOs anymore anyway.
>>
>>384252173
You probably just didn't get minecraft because it's too deep for you.
>>
>>384252343
Medieval, life is your own or whatever it's called is like that and it's FUCKING TRASH. I want something simple, but customizable like the oblivion magic system with the same premise of player driven lore and experience.
>>
More of a webcomic concept, but it's sort of like a hybrid comic/mmo so I think it fits. Like Neopets, it's mostly a pet raising game with minigames and forums and the hubworld and everything. But the idea is that the community shapes the story line and the comic is inherently tied into the gameplay. Like if there's a battle, you wouldn't just read a few pages showing the battle, you'd actually play it.
>>
>>384251976
Not feasible, would require a huge long time devoted playerbase since day 1.
>>
It's written entirely by Neil Gaiman and takes place in the real world.
>>
>>384252495
Use kickstarter or some shit just for attention.
>>
>>384252495
To say it's simply not feasible is a big stretch. We already see moderately similar concepts with EVE and ARK and games like those. His concept just takes those a couple steps further.
>>
WWI timeline
Destructable buildable environments
Huge Island map
Dinosaurs
Ancient savage magic using tribes
Other ancient civilization mysteries
Many dangers

Guilds have to explore the world and research to earn ingame currency that can be used to purchase ingame goods of increasingly greater quality

PvP is on
Friendly fire is on

Plays like a modern shooter not like a rpg

Build your base, hunt the savages and the dinos, invade the base of enemy guilds and steal the research.
Aeroplanes available, rideable pterodactyls also available.
>>
>>384252637
>>384252495
THIS

Have you seen what star citizen has done? They have so many actual fucking retards slobbering down it's cock. We just someone reputable behind it and a publisher. The kickstarter can just be pocket change.

I'd fucking kill for a game like this.
>>
>>384251976
Literally Wurm Online.
>>
File: _20170606_183904.jpg (17KB, 260x284px) Image search: [Google]
_20170606_183904.jpg
17KB, 260x284px
>>384252136
>>
Not being click and point, a MMO that controls like any other game would be great, imagine a FPSMMO and its not TF2 or Overwatch, a FPS on a MMO scale or any other genre, but amplified.

Hell imagine a RTS where everyone controls a soldier or tank some shit, its not about being a single character grinding until dust, but the Massive Multiplayer Online part of MMORPGs that people don't get.
>>
>>384252668
>To say it's simply not feasible is a big stretch
The fact is an average player gets bored of a MMO in a couple of months tops, you need tons of people to make community seem/be alive after that point, and they have to be actively building/doing shit as well.
EVE just doesn't have any competition at all, it's literally the only space MMO out there, it's practically the only reason it's still doing so well.
>>
File: Capture.png (931KB, 794x465px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
931KB, 794x465px
Princess Maker MMO
Plays like Runescape, grindin' away on different skills while the parents hang out not too far away and chat. More athletic girls can do hard labor for longer, intelligent girls can do more technical work, combat focused girls can bully the others and steal the resources they've collected.
Each girl has a total skill cap and as your level gets closer to the cap they grow older from little girls to young adults. Once you have the money you can buy more daughters from the orphanage to focus on different skills or have older siblings to protect the younger ones since size/age is a big strength modifier.

Or course it's not all grinding. You have to pay attention to your daughter's needs, reward her behavior, and expose her to new things. As you do they'll gain different personality traits that affect their work ethic and behavior around other people. Additionally they'll pick up quirks from their close friends that further shape their character. Like you might have an eloquent bookish type who starts using more slang or valley girl type of speech or your prim and proper little princess is more likely to take risks and get hurt with her tomboy friend.
>>
File: PLANS.jpg (138KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PLANS.jpg
138KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>384253227
Well fuck, you've just given me another reason to keep learning to draw.
>>
>>384251976
Sounds like what Arc tried does it not?
>>
All these other guys will suggest the same shit. Click, wait awhile and click again.

Lemme fill you in, you want action, you want to be rewarded for skill not just for doing you taxes.

Download and give mabinogi a go and do the fucking tutorial, it's a big part of the combat and if you understand it even a level 10 can go through pretty much any dungeon unscathed
>>
>>384251342
Fast paced combat based on positional combos with group members that rewards simple short term strategies involving a setup stage and a payoff stage, infinite dungeon, no cap.

The idea is to keep people wanting to kill just one more wave for that exp payoff, perpetually, untill they starve todeath.

The fast paced combat and mild strategic element and sense of teamwork keeps it stimulating and satisfying, you must adapt to each new encounter but not with more depth than you are capable of instantly formulating on the fly, and not something that your experienced group members will not also instantly recognize and do the proper with with out need to communicate. The effortless sensation makes you feel all the more powerful and in charge, giving immense satisfaction. The setup and knock down pacing means you get addicted to those surges of exp, over and over, one more, then another, no time to considering you should be stopping, no time to realize how many youve done, you gotta think just enough to focus on the next setup, the next strategy, just enough to distract you.
>>
>>384253432

Sounds boring and gay
>>
>>384251342
>Bugworld

Its a digital world that is a cross between tron and insects.
Players are divided in several factions. The world is a generated landscape where you can claim land. Unclamed or forgotten land will change every month.
Everything you do, will change the generated world when its renewed.
Every month there will be a new faction or guild quest.
You try to claim the most land for your faction or guild. You only claim land by building or changing land that touches capital cities. To get new starting points to claim land, you have to fullfil certain quests and landmarks. Or by buying/crafting banners that needs to be visited everyday or feed with bits and bytes, which
PvP is only allowed on unclaimed land or on claim-land-border.
>>
>>384253124
Like this?
>>384252728
>>
Ashes of Creation is going to burn like every other grand MMO plan, but they pulled out one good idea from the age old hat.

Divide world map into sections that change depending what players do there. For example, if several dwarf players decide to mine at the same mountain, the game will note that theres notable amount of dwarves mining at area #23, so the game puts a dwarven mining settlement there that can grow up to become even citadel. Then the elfs get there to buy ores and craft silverware. The game notes the rise of elven population in the area and the dwarven city starts to change into elven city. The dwarves hate it and start a race war.

Instead of having players create ugly housing everywhere that gets destroyed over one night, or by having the game set dedicated areas for players to live their American dreams in indestructable houses, AoC's idea achieves optimal solution by letting the players influence where NPCs go.
>>
World of Starcraft
>>
>>384253805
>the game puts a dwarven mining settlement there
That just sounds like making tons of content no-one will probably ever see. Unless shit's very interchangeable and thus generic.
>>
>>384252173
Ok, not core Minecraft. But thats how many servers was setup and mods are used.
>>
>>384251976
Isnt this kind of what camelot; unchained is attempting to do?
>>
>>384253765

Kinda, the point and click style was in atime when PCs weren't good enough, now modern machines can handle it.
>>
>>384254285
Machines could handle FPS, man, it's world latency that's the issue and that hasn't really changed.
>>
>>384252136
An all the enemys are humans who are trying to purge the undead
>>
>>384251342

no levels. all character progress is QoL and vanity armor
>>
>>384254419
It's just a matter of time really.
>>
>>384251976
Haven and hearth my man
>>
Monster Girl Online
>>
>>384253693
Ant Masterrace reporting in
>>
>>384254419

Well, local servers perhaps? We had those in Ragnarok Online, perhaps we could make a RO3 that isn't click and point.
>>
A Vindictus game not made by Nexon, the Rise update fixed the game's level grind but they made the grind for enchantments and raid spots even more of a nightmare end game.
>>
>>384254854
>end game
If you got to the end game then the game served its purpose 2bh.
>>
>>384254572
I don't know man. I mean you can get all the multiple bands and packet loss prevention and fiddly bits, but the actual speed itself, of getting from A to B, not much faster.

Like, volume wise we're hurling wrecking balls instead of tennis balls but it's still going at the speed of gravity, if that analogy makes any sense.

>>384254736
Oh I mean there'd be ways to do it, splitting up areas into instances or basing the game around smaller group sizes, maybe? /g/ would probably have a field day with it.
>>
>>384251342
mabinogi with better fucking graphics
>>
Just make a decent magical girl themed one already.
>>
>>384255123
>I don't know man
It will happen one way or another. Humanity is basically hopelessly addicted to the information highway now, so new methods of transmitting said information will get amazingly high investments down the line.
>>
WW2 FPSMMO set into a single persistent world.
NPC guards spawn but everything else, supply trains, offensives etc must be managed by players and based on resources.
Playing a a simple footslogger with a rifle and a knife is free.
Everything from tanks to planes to machine guns and mortars must be procured and manned by players.
Terrain and buildings are destructible but NPCs will repair them if there is no combat around.
Players are encouraged to form "divisions" as guilds and plan huge offensives on their own.
Winning the game gets you a campagin medal and resets the world map.
Only cosmetics like SS and Red Guards uniforms, paint jobs, nose art for planes are sold.
The best players each week are "mentioned in despatches" on a score board and recieve unique cosmetics based on their feats. A really good foot soldier with a panzerfaust might get a "tank hunter" badge, air aces get unique nose arts etc.
Sometimes unique equipment is given to divisions, experimental weapons etc. to foster cooperation.

The entire gist of the game is, everyone on your side is useful. Even the F2P xXxDéÁtHsn1peRxXx running into walls and picking off a couple of NPC guards in a bumfuck village is a worthy and useful ally becase atleast he is wasting the respawn points of the enemy.
>>
Are 2D mmo's dead?
>>
>>384255773
There are literally 1000's korean ones.
>>
>>384255497
If you're sure. Batteries haven't gotten any better in almost 50 years and we use that shit all the time.

But apparently we're pretty close to doing some neat shit with those so whatever, might be eating my words. I'd like to. Here's hoping one day entropy is just a boogeyman.
>>
>>384255773
I won't stop playing DFO until I die
>>
>>384251342
A FF MMO that actually plays like a FF game pre-10.
>>
>>384255753
Sounds almost identical to a western themed EVE online.
>>
>>384253856
I'm not sure if I want that, given the current state of Blizzard.
>>
>>384251342
Animal Crossing
>>
Offline single player RPG.
>>
if you have seen all these legacy of discord banners you know what i want : a souls game with scantily clad babes.
>>
>>384255885
>apparently we're pretty close to doing some neat shit with those
Yep.
Military and government already use that shit.
>>
>>384256071
You're so silly anon!
>>
File: 011.jpg (230KB, 870x1236px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
230KB, 870x1236px
>>384255462
>Mamono Hunter Prepure fucking never
>>
File: take my money.gif (2MB, 243x137px) Image search: [Google]
take my money.gif
2MB, 243x137px
>>384255753
>>
>>384256206
he wants another game like hack/
>>
>>384255961

Yeah, I had EVE in mind too, except its a bit too spreadsheet and trading focused. But I really like the concept of the big guns actually costing significant efforts to get. Its much more fun to destroy something with a well aimed shot if you know it took the other guy a week of farming and months of building up trust in their guild letting him drive it instead of just waiting out a five minute queue. I really want some of this feeling in an FPSMMO. Also, that inherent wild asymmetry of player driven PvP. You might wanted to log in to have a bit of sniper duel then suddenly sturmoviks appear on the sky and within minutes focke-wulfs shows up chasing them and soon two full guilds are clashing into eachother with tanks, artillery and shit.
>>
File: 1499546556541.png (54KB, 323x262px) Image search: [Google]
1499546556541.png
54KB, 323x262px
>>384256601
How would you keep everyone from playing the Germans?
>>
it's a game wher eyou can like do everything and everyone in the game is really nice so you have this really nice community. you can do whatever you want and there is always new things to do so it doesn't get boring. it has fun pvp and pve and it's like a combination of theme park and sandbox but it has the best parts of each so you can do whatever you want. it's f2p and has no p2w. it bans all chinks, brazilians and russians and children.
>>
>>384256923
peter molyneux pls
>>
>>384256802

Free to play russian hordes
>>
Fantasy Western MMO. All of the non-human races are just humans with animal ears and tails. The big key gameplay feature is town and railroad building, trains will be guild bases, raid bosses, and the key source of gathering resources from "out east".
>>
my other idea is this mmo that girls like so it needs to be fantasy and have magic and have pretty but not big tits sexy women and then like puzzles or hidden object things so all the guys can get a girlfriend
>>
File: AlternativeClass.png (89KB, 1549x390px) Image search: [Google]
AlternativeClass.png
89KB, 1549x390px
>>384251342
>Map size half the area of Earth divided into multiple realms (Japan, Korea, China, Scandinavia)
>Players can visit different realms by traveling there
>Nine classes divided into three sub types of classes:
>>Warrior Classes: Guardian, Pirate, Monk
>>Healing classes: Cleric, Druid, Medium
>>Mage Classes: Sorcerer, Summoner, Enchanter
>Each server may or may not have different replacements of the nine base classes to fit each region better (Suggested classes for Japan server, Samurai replaces the Pirate, Kannagi replaces Medium)
>Pic related, suggested regions and replacements.
1/?
>>
>>384257241
didn't Warhammer do this with Orcs?
>>
>>384254453
All players start out as playable humans. Dying turns you into a skeleton. Getting further into the human campaign furthers your abilities and progress towards being a skeleton.
>>
>>384256264
Sauce?
>>
>>384258232
Reminds me of that Star Wars MMO where Jedi were limited to like a hundred per server or whatever.
>>
File: 1391873554783.jpg (3MB, 1806x3797px) Image search: [Google]
1391873554783.jpg
3MB, 1806x3797px
>>384257972
Otherwise cool, but I'm not really fan of weapon and armor restrictions.
>>
>>384255928
for what purporse
>>
File: iiam.gif (4KB, 650x220px) Image search: [Google]
iiam.gif
4KB, 650x220px
>>384258232
Who would want to play as a boring dumb human when you can be a badass skeleton tho.
>>
>>384258362
SWG was great, really liked the avoid showing you're a jedi in public or you'll get assassinated by player bounty hunters.
Too bad the secret to become force sensitive/jedi has been leaked and guides are available now..
>>
>>384257972

>paladin
>viking

>russia
>hussar

Fucking retarded. Also, lul at getting into character design even without having a concept for the game.
>>
Literally just BDO with more way more PvE and gear content and all the technical stuff ironed out.
>>
>>384251976
games like that are like communism: people keep trying to make it happen, but it just ends up in tears except for a few dudes who get really rich in the process
>>
File: sentai loliranger.webm (3MB, 1000x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sentai loliranger.webm
3MB, 1000x1080px
rate this quest system idea:

>NPCs are randomly chosen to have a quest. when the quest is completed, another NPC(throughout the whole game world) gets a new quest
this will ensure people will be constantly on the move and will populate the other towns

>quest has random objectives(maybe needing another objective to be completed with or instead of it). Consider that the randomization algorithm is decent and doesn't just make "kill X" quests.
lmao infinite quest but think about it: most MMOs already have similar quests, so we might as well get the good part of the system too.

>quest are player specific and can be shared
this will make partying up more fun and necessary, as getting a quest with good objectives and rewards you want can be difficult

all this should reduce the mind-less-ness of farming, as you would have to actually search for good quests, with good allies and put it all on the scale to see if it's worth it.
>>
>>384251976
Sounds like EVE
>>
>>384256264
This looks freaking adorable. Sauce?
>>
Space Station 13 with a good 3d engine across multiple auto-generating stations.
>>
>>384251976
Wurm online
>>
No map available, have to find a map through in game means or using the cartographer job

Hundreds of jobs/classes

No patch notes, everything is found out in game

No microtransactions
>>
>>384258986
First lalas need to die

That sounds horrible especially in a world as big as FFXIV where you have to walk everywhere and it takes forever. I'd rather some kind of world dungeon with a completely played driven economy where players can choose their own path and don't have to stick to a preselected class.
>>
>>384259450

>No map available, have to find a map through in game means or using the cartographer job

Yeah, because tabbing out of the game and using the internet is so hard.

>No patch notes, everything is found out in game

Have you ever written a program?
>>
>>384251342
Planet Earth simulator
>add hovercars/gyrocopters
>you can trade vehicles with in-game currency
>the graphical details get refined over the lifespan of the game
It wouldn't be a Second Life approach, but an actual sandbox MMORPG with tons of regions to discover, items to loot and professions to learn. Earth is the map and instead of mounts and teleports you need cars and planes. The world wouldn't need to be 1:1 in scale, only big enough make car ownership and flight services feasible. Think of it as a sandbox RPG with as much detail as the current tech standards would allow.
>>
>>384258986
so what you're saying is the economy would be entirely quest based and all the good quests will be sold for money by the players
>>
File: konosuba.png (879KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
konosuba.png
879KB, 1280x720px
>A random schmuck who played too much Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy writes down a basic fanfiction.
>He makes a "game" that looks more appealing than anything this abortion of a genre has been able to spew out in the 30 something years of its existence.

It's not impossible to make a good game, the developers are just absolutely horrible. The fact an MMO is a massive investment that absolutely has to throw a net as wide as the Amazon to even remotely satisfy investors only drives it home further.
>>
>>384251342
A massive 2D platformer explorer that you can complete solo, but you see the "ghosts" or what have you of other players and can talk with them or form mini-parties to get through sections of level / area together. New content released every 6 months to keep it fresh.
>>
>>384259552
don't think FFXIV, think a game with expensive instant teleports, mount and carriage systems and the like.

>>384259910
not exactly, but it wouldn't be that bad considering, again, that the algorithm is not retarded and would have fair rewards for fair challenges, even if some items are better for some kinds of players
>>
>>384251342
My proposal is right outside your front door. The MMO genre is flawed and no amount of brainstorming can get around it.
>>
>>384259696
Data miners please go
>>
Touhou Online
As more and more humans travel to Gensokyo, the population is growing and more and more youkai appear as well. Reimu is too lazy to keep everything in order by herself so she recruits lolis and shotas (players) from Human Village to help with smaller and bigger incidents.

I have thought way too much of the things that would be implemented, but in short it would focus more on slow growth of your character, learning spells of different races and then mixing 2 schools as your style (holy rites, ordinary magician's magic, vampire's tricks, oni's strength, fairy nature spells - everything can be learned, or rather mimicked/copied, by players).
Instead of static endgame focused on raids there would be more exploration in search for randomly generated strong youkai (think Diablo elite packs and mobs), who left alone for too long would grow into mini bosses, gather minions and cause "incidents" which would be like mini events. The only thing that would come close to raid would be events held by shrines of gensokyo, where you go against 2hoes in sort of exhibition matches to gather faith/popularity for your chosen religion - something like a weekly ranking.
Not too many quests (unless you want to become Remilia's maid or Erin's test subject) and there is no big story to follow - you get asked by different characters to do some tasks and take care of incidents, some random, some more scripted where some 2hoe becomes a timed "event boss", but then everyone goes back to doing whatever they want.
Focus on crafting and housing. Upgrading your tiny house with a tiny garden, trading for cute clothes and silly hats made by other players, cooking, fishing, pet handling or creating your own companion doll as Alice's apprentice.

Slow sandbox MMO where not everything is player generated, but you are not set to follow a string of events from level 1 to max either. Just a place where you can shoot danmaku, wear a silly hat, and get cozy with favourite 2hus.
>>
>>384259696
>No patch notes
That won't change much, tech savvy people will figure out what's changed very quickly. Unless all your changes are server side.
>>
>>384252034
Is everyone a runner or can I choose to work for a corp?
>>
I just want Royal Road from legendary moonlight sculptor
>>
>>384260445

Thats exactly the reason why your idea is retarded. People would just data mine that shit and use addon.

>b-b-but b-ban those t-too!

Then you will very intentionally criple your game and push people into using hacks and third party sites to get their information, the very thing you are trying to avoid. Or just turn the game into an unplayable, undocumented mess.
>>
>>384260508
Fine single player game, shitty mmo.
>>
>>384260758
MMOs were better when players had to share information they find

Ever since you can just take the games data and just post it online the industry has declined
>>
>>384260973

Better hope to ban the internet then.
>>
FLMO: Fairly Large Multiplayer Online

Fortress similar to dorf fort of 100ish npcs and up to 150 players. Economy and what not is all created by the players. Worlds are persistent and you can assemble missions to run outside the fortress like resource gathering, trading and even raiding or attacking other fortresses.

One interesting thing with this is it becomes an interesting choice to have most of your players in one timezone for better coordination or spread out so that theres always people online to protect the fortress.
>>
>scifi
>Ruined human colony planet, hundreds of years dead
>New human colony ship arrived decades ago to restart
>There is ONE city on the entire planet, based around the colony ship
>Enemies are the remaining war machines and bioengineered monstrosities from the war that killed the first civilization
>Enemies are very rare outside of "hot" zones that function as adventure areas and dungeons
>Dungeons randomly generated or randomly available, such as "old warbot factory reactivates" or "disgusting plague beast hive uncovered in basement of old skyscraper"
>World exploration is usually in the form of piloting salvaged power armor and war mechs
>Abilities are based on what you have equipped to your war machine
>No holy trinity
>Regenerating health in the form of shields, nonregenerating health in the form of armor
>Combat is fps, weapon selection style, though you can keybind individual weapon firing if you want
>Equipment can be defensive, such as temporary shields or camouflage generators
>All equipment except for baseline spawn gear is crafted, as nothing salvaged is in condition to be immediately used
>All loot is personal and instantly collected, inventory is only available at town for crafting and trading
>Pvp, while possible, cannot be accidentally enabled.
>Pvp is not intended to be balanced, or is available only in battlegrounds with preset equipment
>Players can build structures and settle areas outside of hot zones
>no ridiculous over the top plot about saving the world
>No, the dead first colony has no strange creepy mysteries, they just blew themselves up in a stupid war
>No homicidal AI manipulating anything
>Just digging up the bones of a dead world to try to build a new one, while fighting the last mistakes of the dead people
>>
>>384260973
>Ever since you can just take the games data and just post it online the industry has declined
This is just dumb.
>>
>>384251976
>what is Wurm
what is heavily modded minecraft
>>
>>384251342
EVE Online, but in space
>>
>>384252043
So you want something like a Dayz but with less PvP
>>
>>384258458
Oh man I would pick Dwarf Cleric. Attrittion builds are always best. Other classes are your bitches, begging for your heals, defending you when some bitch nigga is trying his best to kill the unkillable.
>>
>>384251342
MMOs cant be fixed anymore. blizzard fucked up and made WoW too casual, and now any time an MMO is released or gets an expansion or content patch, people will complain if there isnt a loot pinata like LFR, if it take more than a few hours to level up to max level, if it takes more than 2 hours to get your character raid/organized pvp ready, if pvp isnt balanced (aka if their class isnt OP as fuck), if there isnt player housing (because this is apparently what everyone wants), if their class isnt balanced for pve (aka overtuned to the point of triviality), or if raids or dungeons are too hard (even if its just cata level difficulty where almost every dungeon was manageable as long as you cc'd and didnt have a huntard or roguefag break CC). if theres any semblance of difficulty now, no one will want to play it anymore because everyone thinks that because they pay the same subscription fee, that the most casual players should get the same exact rewards on the same exact time table as the guy who plays the game 30+ hours a week and is constantly theorycrafting and browsing forums to try to improve his characters. plus if its too easy, people will just pay for a 1 month subscription to "experience" all the content and then deactivate for 5 months until new content is released. why even bother playing an MMO if you can get the same reward playing 1 hour a week as you do if you play it like a 2nd full time job?
>>
high fantasy eve online
>>
>>384251342
pre-renewal ragnarok online but we force people to play it because it's instantly dead otherwise
>>
>>384253530
hf with generic mmo no.2736182 then faggot
>>
>>384251342
Standard stuff. Old and tired gameplay mechanics; mostly focused on making the best gameplay possible and not the most unique; probably releasing at a comfy 7/10. Mostly it'd just an absolutely batshit insane setting that's as edgy and weird and crazy as humanly possible. "Warriors" could be replaced with "cultists of the red lotus", who derive their tanking ability from ritually imbibing highly addictive combat stimulants, rogues are replaced with products of eugenics and brainwashing from insane ninja-clans, stuff like that.
>>
>>384258319
>>384259259
Don't become an otaku Shinozaki
>>
>>384261337

>oh wow I actually have to design a game well and have something to appeal to everybody

The funny thing is, they are fumbling with WoW so badly. What casuals want? Trivial shit like housing, cosmetic items, hairstyles and the like. And instead of adding a couple new hairs per race(something an intern could churn out in a week) they doggedly keep corraling everyone into raiding.
>>
>>384261107
>Exosquad aesthetic
>>
>>384262680
> someone else has watched ExoSquad
yey
>>
>>384261107
I like it, although I would think an overarching goal would help the plot.
>Humans are trying to re-colonize the ruined planet
>You're part of the colonization effort
>You can purchase Colony in a Box kits from your parent company (who outside of making minor changes to your initial loadout, shotgun v. assault rifle, etc., serve no other major purpose) and plant them anywhere you've totally cleared out enemies that isn't Hot
>All locations, including the starting town can be taken by whatever the fuck
>In the event home-town is taken, a new one will be crash-landed from an orbital station in a major player event
>>
Free to play XIII styled superhero game with visible POW! sound effetcs and the like. Pick your outrageously silver age shit and go stop inexplicably constantly happening bank robberies or invading kaiju/ayylmaos/mad scientists. Entire game is intentionally very simple, colorful and in your face with very little clutter. Start up the game and start farting lazers. Under that there is an elarborate system for earning and trading powers and cosmetics with increasing rarity TF2 style. The developer gets a cut from every transaction but only sells retardedly overpriced cosmetics(red wig for 50 dollarydoos) to make them seem more valuable when they drop. Expansion focuses on supervillains and PvP. Second expansion focuses on lairs.
>>
an mmo where its actually hard enough to need to play with others before the very end of the game.
plz. i want to play an mmo support and not have no one to support for hours on end.
>>
>>384251342
Superhero MMO
that doesn't suck
>>
>>384263150
/Fistbump
Good shit
>>
File: BugWorld.jpg (96KB, 1096x701px) Image search: [Google]
BugWorld.jpg
96KB, 1096x701px
>>384254730
Thats the spirit!!!
>>
>>384263410
I figured major story arcs would just be large-scale versions of the weekly dungeon rotations.
>>
>>384262680
That thumbnail made me want a Transformers mmo
>>
>>384263410
Also
>No FTL
>A long-term exploration ship returns from one of the dead nations.
>>
A game where everyone is a futa monstergirl. Emphasis on PvP and customization along with race selection of just about any monstergirl imaginable.
>>
>>384251976
literally Albion online. I think the official release was today and it already has a decent community after years of being in beta.
>>
>>384264359
That's also possible, yeah. One thing I really liked from Firefall (that they didn't incorporate hard enough) was the fact any land you capture can be taken back by the storm if you don't keep it defended. Imagine:
>Build a towering fortress with the help of your guild out in the city wastes, between several skyscrapers, penning off several city blocks as your base of operations
>Your Eurotrash Guildies forget to keep Fort alive while you're asleep
>Gets swallowed up by a burrowing worm devil and her brood or something, forcing all set-spawns there to spawn back at the space station
>Your Guild (or any other) can now just go back and siege the place to take it back and/or loot it, cause it's a minor dungeon now
>>
>>384261360
Archeage
>>
>>384267709
-it's on android
-reddit AMA link
-not even out and it's possible to buy gold
yeah not even gonna watch some gameplay
>>
>>384251976

>he fell for the community-driven meme

Name one game where this has ever worked.
>>
>>384251976
Second Life?
>>
>>384267770
That's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. Also, if you die your current equipment set drops as a wreck on the spot. There is a 10-minute grace period in which only you, or a friend/party member/guild member can loot it to send the wreckage back to your base inventory, after which anybody can loot it to claim the stuff.
Wrecked equipment is the same as any other loot, only useful as crafting material.
>>
>>384269026
I am glad to see your thought processes.
>wrecked equipment can be repaired to be used functionally again (albeit with lower durability and maybe stats than prior to being wrecked)
>Or scrapped for parts to fix other wrecks, the overall power level of a wrecked equipment piece (or functioning piece) decide the parts and quantity you get out of scrapping them
>Scrapping functional equipment yields more parts overall, but only marginally
>Functional equipment as loot drops are very rare and only happen in the harder dungeon instances (subterranean tech labs), which are an exclusive set of equipment parts that aren't outright better than refurbished parts due to their experimental nature
>>
>>384251976
>community driven.
>community would be small and nitch
you just blow in from stupid town?
>>
>>384255753
Sounds like Foxhole
>>
>>384251423
>>384251549
Just bring back a superhero MMO.
>>
>no leveling, absolutely no grinding
>you get a couple dungeons you run alone, and then a couple 5-10 man dungeons
>next update simplifies 5-10 mans into solo dungeons and adds new ones
>every update has a event where everyone on the server has to help building the things that are being added in the update
The problem is that there has to be padding somewhere. The way people work means if there is any possiblity to grind it's going to become mandatory sooner or later.
Maybe it could work as a pay to play title, but instead of having a monthly fee, there is a new "expansion" for 10ish dollars every 2-3 months that has the update event going for a couple weeks and then you do the new dungeons get the new items play some PvP and then the new update event might even start.
>>
>>384269686
Two options with a piece of loot, scrapping or reverse engineering. Scrapping gives you components, reverse-engineering gives you blueprints to create components from raw materials.
>So you just manage to kill that horrifically powerful boss Mech.
>Holy shit you just looted its mostly intact wreck
>Do you scrap it for powerful components, or reverse-engineer it for the blueprints of an incredibly expensive giant machine that takes an entire party of four to crew.
>>
>>384270832
I don't really agree with that idea actually. That effectively doubles the grind needed, cause you'd more than likely need a bunch of powerful parts (which you'd readily get from scrapping it) to build the giant super-mech.
In addition, having parts separated by use would be better IMO.
>Chassis (chassis above a certain size-class can be used as a mobile home as well and set-spawn inside it) (also decides number of weapon mounts)
>Engine
>Mobility
>Top-mounted weaponry
>Side-mounted weaponry
>Undercarriage weaponry
>All weapons come in melee, bullet, explosive, energy, or utility
>Add-ons which come in Modules and Compartment variants, the latter of which can only be applied to larger Mecha, mostly shared rules, the difference being power, the difference between a self-destruct module and a nuclear self-destruct compartment
>>
>>384268748
EVE Online
>>
>>384251342
MMO with a PVE focus. Players make up the main infrastructure of their faction with a few major NPCs that lead each major section like security, crafting, trading, etc... The big bad is actually a threat and it requires the players to work together in order to stand a chance. Battles require strategy and choosing the right weapons for battle, so you can't just have a bunch of soldiers with swords and expect the spooky skeletons to fall over, they'll want to be equipped with maces or hammers, or you'll want them swapped out for holy priests/paladins.

The gimmick in this game would be the world events that shape the world and how you interact with it. Ignore their advances into your iron mines and it'll short the supply, hiking up the price of iron and requiring the miners to go out into the dangerous open world to find iron veins until the players can reclaim the mines. If the bad guys lose they might come back stronger or with a different set of enemies and abilities. With the proper scouting you might be able identify how they're changing and prepare for it.

It's a half-baked idea but I like the overall concept. Also it would be buy to play and the expansions would act more like GW1 campaigns than other expansions that deprecate old content.
>>
>>384268612
without p2w
>>
>>384271403
No, you could build the supermech with regular materials. The only difference with using high-quality or rare components is a higher quality resulting weapon. So for example, the super duper Mega arm Cannon of the superMech have a power rating of 150. If you loot it, and rebuild it to a useful state it has a power rating of 150. If you build it from materials and use the best quality available, it has a power rating of 140. If you build it with whatever substandard crap you happen to have, it has a power rating of 95
Same with the chassis itself. A refurbished looted chassis has 1200 hit points, and 1100 Shields (more with add on shield generators), whereas one built from reforged Pepsi cans has 500 hit points and 500 Shields
>>
>>384272280
I would think the Pepsi Mech would be more of a peace keeper to help bring people together.
>>
>>384272280
Although I prefer the idea of chassis all being custom built. looted ones are too blown to shit to be rebuilt.
>>
File: map of the database.png (400KB, 4500x2234px) Image search: [Google]
map of the database.png
400KB, 4500x2234px
>>384258761
>Also, lul at getting into character design even without having a concept for the game.
You wot m8? This is literally Elder Tale, based on the Light Novel/anime Log Horizon
>>
>>384272280
Now that you clarify, that's not bad. Quite good in fact.
>>
>>384273042
The second part of your post was dead on.
>>
File: 1474223108907.jpg (161KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1474223108907.jpg
161KB, 2048x1365px
>>384251342
MMO where you can be a girl and noone will know
>>
>>384251342
>Completing quests extends the playtime you get, Rather than monthly payed subscriptions
>Limited to one character with multiple in-game class change options
Its the best i've got
>>
>>384273230
I'll know
>>
Shadowrun MMO.
>>
>>384273885
terrible idea
neck yourself retard
>>
>>384273764
>The one-shot MMO
>If you lapse out, your account is deleted entirely
>Never-ending quest system that gets progressively more extreme, but the amount of play-time added also increments upward based off how hard its intended to be
It'd be odd.
>>
>>384257972
These special classes are terrible senpai.
>>
>>384251976
It's called Real Life. Even though you were clearly a twink account, you're still a bottom rung scrub.
>>
>>384251432
it could be realistic, but only if planetside was handed off to a competent developer instead of the absolute trainwreck of developers that produced planetside 2
>>
>>384273963
Just did
>>
>>384251342
>Maplestory-like 2D MMO
>About undead and shit
>Races are vampires, skeletons and zombies
>Spells and attacks start out boring and uninspiring but become flashy and crazy looking
>Vampire becomes a scythe wielder or blood mage
>Skeleton becomes archer or skeleton army summoner
>Zombie is curse debuffer mage or fast thief like zombies who grow claws and get skinnier able to do insane acrobatic moves
>MMO with endgame where you must defeat the hero of light and the god of light
>F2P with optional subscription for faster progression
>EXP curve like Runescape with no level cap
>>
>>384252426
>>384252343
Wurm Online
>>
>>384274506
>infinite levels that double in exp every 7 levels
fuck
>>
File: Dragon_s_dogma_logo_stacked.png (1MB, 1000x881px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_s_dogma_logo_stacked.png
1MB, 1000x881px
An mmo about Dragon's Dogma. Oh wait.
>>
Turn based isometric MMORPG with region lock for russia, slav countries, arabs and south America.
>>
>>384251423
>evil ending Infamous MMO
yes
yes very much
>>
>>384269026

>overthinking minor things without any overarching vision

yeah, grade A idea guy there
>>
>>384268612
>sjw p2w shit
>>
>>384251342
Player controlled territory.
>>
>>384274803
>No one ever gets beyond 145 in a life time assuming damage is similar to runescape and 1 damage = 4xp
>>
>>384275019
What about china
>>
>>384260963
There was this game called Touhou Hack and Slash.
It was like some sort of bare bones Diablo 1.
Played it with a friend about 3 years ago, it was comfy as fuck.
>>
Nicktoons. You go to all the worlds fighting the bad guys and shit. You can play as a Sponge, Irken, Fairy, Robot, ghost, and other shit. Include voice char for maximum autism.
>>
>Mount & Blade overworld
>Total War-like battles (instanced, but people can join battles in progress)
>Player-driven economy
>Player-defined heirarchy & social structures
Essentially, the idea would be to create a sandbox MMO where even the lowest level player can be helpful in some manner. I would want a dude with a single battalion of peasants to fight alongside a dude with an army of knights. Strength would always be added, never replacing anyone more qualified.
>>
>>384278013
>no good danny phantom games
>>
>>384251342
ed edd n eddy online.
>>
Planetside 2 but with players
>>
>>384254854

I hate how all these updates make the game easier for people just starting off, but make it that much worse for people like me who got close to the cap but not quite there.

Before the update I had story missions I could do, now they're all locked at level 90 and I'm sitting here at 80 with nothing to do for the next 10 levels.
>>
>>384251976
>SW Galaxies
god i miss her
>>
File: 1478097909735.jpg (689KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478097909735.jpg
689KB, 1280x720px
The Avatar Last Airbender Universe would genuinely make for a good MMO

You already have the holy trinity in it and they could all specialize in different things.
>>
1. Equipment that scale less the higher your level (for instance, at level 1 having a weapon might triple your damage even with the shittiest weapon, but at level 99 the best weapon will only be a 25% increase, still important). This put the emphasis on careful stat application
2. Stats, of course, stats are the most important part of your build, gear comes second.
3. Ragnarok Online's gear and card system, weaker weapons are more customizable and can be better in certain situations, stronger weapons have more raw power and certain niches. No piece of gear is ever obsolete.
4. Experience mostly from monsters, no main storyline, quests are few and far between but with great rewards (dungeons, lots of xp, etc), also kind of like Ragnarok Online
5. NO LEVEL in combat calculations, all about stats. a Good character can tackle content 20 levels higher, a shitty one can't tackle level under him. Level has no influence on hit chance, damage, etc.
6. No auction house, public markets. Location, catchy slogan, etc, all important for successful sales.
7. Limited fast travel, again like Ragnarok Online, airship and all. Classes with fast travel abilities for community building.
8. Very powerful buffs, make support characters a necessity, and not only for the heals. Again, that's Ragnarok Online
9. Lethal combat, everything kills you fast (if you don't have massive defense/dodge) and you kill everything fast too
10. Elemental attributes matter and are extremely important to be successful
11. Classes that depend on each other for certain aspects. Consumables needed by certain classes made by other classes, skills that only work when paired with other people.
12. No content locking except for a few dungeons locked by quest. Everything is open as long as you have what it takes to succeed

That's how I,d do it. It's mostly just Ragnarok Online tbqh.
>>
>>384284559
>It's mostly just Ragnarok Online
Yeah and it will be just as dead.
>>
>>384285206

Ragnarok was super alive for a long time, they just ruined it and raped its corpse. They tried to "WoWify" it
>>
>>384285290
It was alive when people didn't know better. As soon as people saw that you can have same amount of fun without needing to read forums for builds and praying to not accidentally missclick stats, they started jumping the ship.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.