[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing RunEscape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 11

File: RSMobile.jpg (156KB, 597x789px) Image search: [Google]
RSMobile.jpg
156KB, 597x789px
Why aren't you playing RunEscape?
>>
>>384250662
This can't be real
They are gonna get fucking sued
>>
>>384250775
>Jagex will sue themselves

wont surprise me desu
>>
>>384250775
>sued
what
>>
>>384251015
>>384251028
Oh right, the Taste Evaluation Board was just a dream I had
>>
File: err65478.jpg (65KB, 891x578px) Image search: [Google]
err65478.jpg
65KB, 891x578px
>>384250662
Wew, should've happened 7 years ago.
>>
>>384250662
>http://services.runescape.com/m=news/old-school-mobile?oldschool=1
Holy fuck its real.
>>
What's /v/'s opinion on oldschool runescape vs rs3? My guess is complete indifference
>>
>>384251474
Quit after RS3. OSRS is the better version, but I've worked years on my account and find it so fucked that THAT'S the one they changed.
>>
>>384251474
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>384251474

I stopped playing during RS2.

What changes have they made in RS3?
>>
boring grindy trash for 12 year olds in 2007

if you play this you have autism
>>
this is gonna be cool. I'll literally buy membership again if I can play on mobile. runescape renaissance baby.
>>
>>384251635
Combat is completely fucked beyond recognition with the Introduction of the EoC.
Essentially they tried to turn it into WoW and had a larger focus on PvE than skilling or player interaction.
Also, the introduction of a microtransaction shop.

RS3 has gotten better now but it's still a complete shitshow.
>>
>>384250662
Do you guys remember this text based game called like fuckin shazam or shimra or something
>>
>>384251829
>completely fucked beyond recognition
>turn on revolution and it's literally the same as it ever was
durrrrrrrrr
>>
Who gives a shit about RS3
>>
>>384251931
>Turning on a function that still uses the EoC abilities but instead does it automatically for you
It's like driving an Automatic. Less control over the car but hey, it drives
>>
>>384251474
RS3 fell victim to the homogenization of MMOs and became your usual ersatz WoW funded by microtransactions.
OSRS is an autistic grindfest that falls into the more traditional moneymaking strategy of wasting as much of your time as possible to drag out membership fees, but it has merit as an interesting relic that indicates what MMOs could have been.
Don't play either of them but OSRS if better if you really need to pick one.
>>
>>384251635
They released a new combat system eoc which was shit upon release and a ton of people quit over it. Since then it's been updated heavily and a lot of people agree it's made combat actually more than just click and wait which it used to be and has allowed skill-based combat as opposed to best in slot based combat. But it's still incredibly polarizing because a lot of people think the old system is what made the game unique and it has made pvp pretty shit.

On top of that rs3 has mtx, and even though *most* rs3 players hate it/don't use it there are a minority who literally spend thousands on it for free levels which completely removes any competitive element from the game. It devalues other people's accomplishments in a way, but also so does botting and other nefarious methods of training and imo the game has always been about the individual journey not a competitive fight over who is better (at least in skilling).

In general it's easier than oldschool but still takes many, many hours to max.

Its graphics are objectively better and in my experience a huge majority like its bossing a lot more, and a lot of the new quests are really good.

Oldschool is more popular in the public eye and people from it like to shit on rs3 which makes a lot of people instantly dismiss it but overall there are pros and cons. I figured /v/ would be indifferent because not a ton of people play either game and not a ton would use /v/
>>
>>384252159

but old school won't be getting new quests and what not, right?
>>
>>384252180
>less control
you have just as much control. Turn on manual. Or mix and match with one of the other modes. revolution is statistically proven to give you the most stable and reliable set of damage versus even manual.
>>
Had this come in 2007 it would have been the shit.
>>
>>384252390
It was supposed to be a thing with the NXT client back in like... 2012, when they first announced it. they had betas for it working on high end phones at the time (laggily so, but still) and it was shown off at runefest that year. But then NXT got scrapped and redone off of HTML5, so the phone version got tossed out until, well, now. I'm glad, it goes to show they didn't get comfortable with the engineering team now that they finished the new RS3 client.
>>
>all that free loot we could have gotten years ago from dumb mobile posters mis tapping and dying
oh well, glad i finally kicked RS for good.
>>
>>384252331
Eh okay, maybe you're right.
I only have like 15 - 20 hours clocked in RS3 so i don't know much about it, but what i know is from personal experience.
>>
>runescape on tablet

help me /v/ i feel myself relapsing
>>
>>384252742
Fair enough. EoC was really REALLY bad in the beta, I agree whole heartedly. But they actually listened. That's the nice thing about jagex, they do listen to their playerbase. And they fixed EoC to the best of their ability. It's nice. They got rid of prayer flicking being 99.99999% of the endgame like on OSRS, players can have different setups for different weapons, they can have bars for specific spells, it offers a lot more variety. OSRS is still my personal favorite but I'll never forget the fun I had on RS3, even through all the shit. And I still log on and play through new quests whenever they come out. Gotta keep my max cape.
>>
>>384252260
Osrs has got three new unique quest updates. Two are babby tier 5 minute quests and one is a sequel to monkey madness and hardest quest in the game, also better than any rs3 quests released in thr past few years.
>>
What do you do in this game besides grinding your woodcutting level in order to get a different colored axe?
>>
I have a old account pre rs3, can they still be used for oldschool?
>>
>>384253268
no, osrs is an entierly separate entity. You can have membership from one effect another though. So if you have a good amount of cash on your main account, liquidate on RS3, then get a bond, and do some quick membership quests on OSRS to become sustainable. Took me like 20 hours over the span of two weeks to make enough for my first bond on OSRS.
>>
>>384253243
>a different colored axe?
dragon axe was vastly different though.
and then the inferno axe was also different and added hybrid fm and wc.
>>
>>384251474
I like the lore in RS3, I come back to OSRS for nostalgia and for events. EOC isn't that bad when you get used to it.
>>
>>384252864
>Plague's End
>Nomad's Elegy
>River of Blood
>Fate of the Gods
>One of a Kind
>The World Wakes (literally best quest in the game)

You can't say it's better when you don't know what you're comparing it to
>>
File: beats_by_struggle.jpg (47KB, 621x966px) Image search: [Google]
beats_by_struggle.jpg
47KB, 621x966px
I can't, my fucking laptop shuts down because it gets too hot. I was going to try and open it but removing every fucking component just to clear out dust is such a fucking bother that I really rather not play anything at all.
>>
>>384253470
what? I love the quests. Especially the whoel sliske questline. It's nice to see some actual story advancement instead of a bunch of one-off shit that's never referenced outside of the quests.
>>
>>384253595
my bad meant >>384253179
>>
>>384251906
It's called shimlar
>>
Did that pride event actually kill the game or was it just a huge overreaction?
>>
>>384253595
>>384253470
The lack of quests is one of my gripes with OSRS. They could take the lore in a new direction and do some interesting shit by finishing the quests in an alternative way than it did in RS3. There has only been 3 new ones since OSRS came out and two of them are novice ones that don't add much. It's a shame that most people on OSRS hate questing though even though the way RuneScape does quests is one of the best out of all MMORPGs.
>>
Oh god it's pulling me back in with this news.

I loved quests in rs so much i think i might just restart to do all of them again.
>>
>>384254079
people were pissed, they held a counter-event, but it ended in like a week and no one talks about it now. Just like literally every other event in the last 10 years.
>>
>>384254201
Eh, the Falador massacre event they had on the 10th anniversary of it was pretty dope. They even made it canon to the lore of Falador.
>>
>>384254365
It was but still, no one talks about it.
I liked the history quiz too, I aced that first try, and it made me kind of sad how I remembered all those tiny quest facts.
>>
>Would go back and play Runescape
>Have to literally grind all my skills back to do anything new again
I can't get the thousands of hours back that I dumped into Runescape, no point in starting over on Old School
>>
Everybody always talks about how rs3 fucked up everything but what did it actually do?

Last thing i remember before quiting was the destruction of the ingame market through trade changes.
>>
>>384254562
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>384252742
>15 - 20 hours
So you know literally nothing about RS3.
>>
>>384250662
I don't like the endless grind towards endgame being able to constantly grind those boss fights that have a chance of dropping gear that allow you to grind those boss fights better.

Its cool being able to jump a few months each year, do some grinding but that's about it. The magic is gone mostly too, world doesn't feel too alive and it's mostly max level faggots standing near banks wearing gay shit.
>>
File: 1495645023258.png (280KB, 489x368px) Image search: [Google]
1495645023258.png
280KB, 489x368px
>>384250662
Wait this shit real?
>it's real
wewlad, already play the game so this is a thumbs up from me
>>
>>384254835

or you can just buy the boss gear :^)
>>
jesus and I was worried this game was going to die. maybe I should get back into runescape
>>
>>384254692
Created a watered down World of Warcraft style combat system. It's vastly improved since its initial release and it has a legacy mode that emulates the previous combat system that OSRS uses but it isn't really the same and it's much faster to use EoC when killing shit. Plus the micro-transaction shit is everywhere, along with ugly fucking cosmetics filled with particle vomit.

Other than that though RS3 does a lot right. The game is still solid and PvM content is fun. The quests are good too, though some of the voice acting for them is fucking awful. The Sliske and World Guardian quests being the exception to the rule.
>>
>>384254692
in late 2007 they removed the wilderness as a PVP zone, and crippled trade by making it so you could only trade if the items were of equal value, so you couldn't just gift things to friends. It was incredibly gay. People blamed the GE for that.

later on, around 2011 or 2012 they started updating the lore and having the gods fight each other, then an event where saradomin and zamorak fought each other changed the lore of the game, where guthix dies, adding a new skill in (divination, which lets you make shit like items that allow you to auto-bank certain things harvested, like logs, fish, ore, etc, or other items that heal you when you dip below a certain hp%). Evolution of combat came around that time too, which changed the combat from being prayer flicking, and equip swapping to being more involved, wow-lite tab-based mock combat. No actual tab targetting, but you have a skillbar and shit like that. People complained about it because it wasn't the same shit they were used to. So they introduced oldschool combat worlds where it's semi-rolled back to the old style. That wasn't good enough, so they adjusted combat to be able to be almost entirely automated, and skills thrown in orders you choose.

The biggest thing most people bitch about is the squeal of fortune/treasure hunter, which is basically gacha shit from any given korean MMO. you pay money f or a roll on a wheel/get to pick a chest, with the chance to win event related stuff that can be OP in helping you train (shoes that train your agility as you walk around, items that pick up coin drops immediately, special costumes that give special effects like stopping enemy aggro and giving extra exp for skills when training). Then a proper cash shop where they sell auras that straight up give you extra exp while training.

and the whole "bonus exp" system which you get items that give you bonus exp, then when redeemed gives you that amount of exp as double exp.
>>
>>384255238
>voice acting

holy shit i really did miss a lot of changes.

If i am going to play it again i am going to do it for the quests, fuck the pvp.
>>
Is OSRS still java based? It's the only reason I don't bother playing anymore. Might try this mobile version though.
>>
>>384250662
my main, 9 year old account got locked for no reason
>>
File: 1438932460669.png (136KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1438932460669.png
136KB, 512x512px
>born too late to explore new lands
>born too early to explore the stars
>born just in time to experience the Runescape renaissance
>>
>>384255306
Goddamn, sounds like maplestory.

Grindfest that encourages microtransactions to make it go faster
>>
>>384255306
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjtZGjI29Qc
Buyable max capes wtf
A friend > Woox > ...... > shit > Ice
>>
>>384255407
PvP is almost completely dead in RS3, so you won't have to worry about that.
>>
>>384255610
>tfw muscle monkey is kill and no one even remembers him
;_;
>>
>>384255610

tbf $13000 for a max cape, even when he waited for the best promos over a year or more is pretty prohibitive. Ironman has mtx blocked so it's a pretty good safe haven to strike a nice balance between the no mtx of osrs and the (opinion) better content of rs3. So for people that like rs3 but think the mtx is way too gamebreaking then ironman mode is a good option.
>>
File: 1499878599820.jpg (409KB, 923x998px) Image search: [Google]
1499878599820.jpg
409KB, 923x998px
>>384255598
Agreed, but the amount of money you have to pour in to "pay to win" is insane. Some guy spent $12k to go from fresh account to max via treasure hunter. Not to mention it doesn't just give you the XP, you have to grind for it still. At least keys are easy to come across while playing normally.
>>
>>384255476
Somebody probably tried to recover the account to get expensive shit on it. Since that was the only way to get the last remaining untraded christmas crackers, party hats and other rare shit. Since they are worth upwards of $4,000+ USD.
>>
>>384255638
Honestly this is more a result of the entire playerbase's mentality shift to the importance of efficiency and exp over anything else
>>
>>384253554

Get a job, hippie.
>>
>>384255598
There's always Ironman mode, removes the GE, treasure hunter, promo events, and basically anything that would cause you to gain progress by unconventional methods
>>
File: 1470913238333.png (260KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1470913238333.png
260KB, 500x545px
>>384255783
>Castle War Ice Barrage pvp videos will never be popular again
>>
>>384255598
Actually the grind in RS3 is nearly nonexistent for some skills. Priffindas made skills like agility nearly 100% afk. Plus with distractions and diversions for most skills giving a fuck ton of XP and bonus xp it makes the grind even more forgiving.

You can get rid of the bullshit by just going Ironman.
>>
As someone who never played classic Runescape and only started playing RS3 this year I'm having a lot of fun just going through the quests and zones and stuff. It has a really nice graphical style too.

I can't imagine how OSRS is supposedly so much better since I am not blinded by nostalgia.
>>
why did they think this is a good idea?
>>
>>384256018
OSRS has a healthy community and the wilderness is actually dangerous, in RS3 I can safely use an entire pair of brawling gloves without any fear of dying since so few people go through the wilderness nowadays.
>>
>>384256134
got the runecraft pet on my ironman today pretty chuffed
>>
File: IMG_0829.jpg (284KB, 1536x1751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0829.jpg
284KB, 1536x1751px
I found my old data

>nearly 38 full days of playtime

it felt like so much more
>>
>>384252512
>NXT got scrapped
But that's not true retard
>>
>>384256397
read the next two words.
>and redone
>>
>>384256286
Because there's no exp gain for pking and the majority of rs3 doesn't give a fuck about being assholes. The whole gayretards thing on osrs shows how fucking annoying it is, people going killing clue hunters for no reason and shit. I can go in with literally no items equipped and they will send a clan of like 10 dudes after me anyway.
>>
>>384252390
>2007
On what phone you underage b&?
>>
>>384256290
rc level
>>
>>384256528
80, so pretty lucky but my main is maxed without a single pet including 350 araxxor kills and ~500 qbd so i was due something
>>
>>384256290
lucky fuck
>>
>>384256478
Then don't say scrapped you fuck.
>>
I wonder how fucking bored RS players must've been as children when they started RS and considered it acceptable fun.
>>
>>384256037
I have a job, what does that have to do with my laptop overheating?
>>
>>384256634
it was scrapped. They entirely demolished every bit of work they'd done on NXT which was then-based on HTML5. There was literally nothing left of it, which is why it took them 5 years to remake it.
>>
>>384256156
OSRS is purely for nostalgia. It has charm and is nice for a while but the combat system is just fucking boring. At least in RS3 you have rotations and combos on which skills you should be using while you kill shit. In OSRS you're just swatting at eachother and praying that you get the bigger red hit splat than your opponent.
>>
>>384256608
nice
>>
Who else botted here? I know some of you fucks did.

Jagex did jack shit against bots, seeing as I had multiple bots running at once for practically days on end.
>>
>>384250662
I only care about classic runescape
>>
>>384256661
have you tried making it run cooler
>>
Can you still cheese the system by opening two login clients at the same time to trade between two accounts?

Can you even trade or do you need to drop stuff?
>>
>>384256948
Literally 1 hour after i botted a giant banwave happened and missed me.

i had a wc bot
>>
>>384257005
Whenever I was on OSRS last December or so, I was still able to multi log and trade items around.
>>
>>384257005
Yeah, you can open two clients at the same time and just trade between the accounts.
>>
>>384256948
>implying jewgex would ban bots that subscribed for mems
>>
>>384256948
Yup. I botted agility and hunter because fuck those skills. I would have done it legit if the Priffindas course was in the game at the time. Probably would have still botted Hunter though. Fuck that shit ass skill.
>>
>>384256948
i botted my way to a max cape only to be banned for real world trading
>>
>>384256654
Guess you would have had to have been there. I remember back in middle school when rsc moved over to rs2 and litterally everyone was talking about it. It was really exciting because kids who never even played video games were getting into it and the hype was insane. Playing with your friends after school was what made the game so strong, even if it was just clicking on things. Runescape doesn't have that anymore though and people just play to soullessly grind to 99 in the quickest way possible.
>>
this game runs like rancid ass on desktop PCs, cant imagine how poorly it must run on mobile
>>
>>384257126
This also works in rs3?
>>
>>384257216
They are having trouble banning bots because they have gotten so sophisticated and human-like that the only way for you to really get banned is if you suicide bot or focus on one skill for too long. The only way to completely get rid of bots is to disallow third party clients and prevent the game from working from outside of the official one, this would cause a shitstorm though.
>>
>>384257395
Yeah.
>>
>>384256654
back then, the community was actually alive, so it was more of a chatroom honestly
when grinding skills you would talk to the people around you and in your clan
>>
>>384257389
Actually since it won't be using Java it will probably run the same if not better than the shitty official game we have right now. It will probably still be capped at 50fps though.
>>
glow2:wave:selling taco limey's dds 50mil
>>
>>384256948
I botted non stop on my main from 2010-2012.
Had a craptop, let it run and stuffed it in a closet for days at a time. They finally caught me botting woodcutting, banned for 48 hours and they took 50% of all my xp (99's back to 92's etc) and took all my runes (even though they just were teleport runes), ores (also just random shit I had banked) and wood. Also took ~50mil in gold from me and unequipped all my stuff.

Still play that account to this day.
>>
>>384257445
That's not true at all anymore.
>>
>>384256654

>not mining coal in Falador while listening to "Hot in here" by Nelly.
>>
It still boggles my mind that this ugly mmo has way better quests than 99% of singleplayer rpgs
>>
>>384257647
Heh, they did something similar to my account, however they left the items alone outside of the ones the shit i had in my inventory. Back when Invention came out I botted the everloving fuck out of divination, one day I got a 48 hour ban and they just rolled back 10m divination XP from it, but since I was still 99 it didn't fucking matter.
>>
>all those cringey faggots who hung out in front of lumby castle
>the cringey rsmv

what were some of the things in rs that made you cringe /v/?
>>
>>384258214
Myself
>>
File: 2017-06-29 12_31_00-RuneScape.jpg (631KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-29 12_31_00-RuneScape.jpg
631KB, 1920x1080px
>>384251474
RS3 is honestly better than /v/ tends to give it credit. It has it's issues but overall it's pretty fun and the quests are still pretty good, or at least a good portion of them.
>>
>>384259109
b..but pay to win
>>
>>384253554
buy a can of compressed air, and shoot it in the vents, dipshit
>>
>>384259109
>nu-runescape
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>384256973
No, too much effort to open it and remove everything

>>384259309
Does that really work? Won't the dust stay inside and then become clogged all over again?
>>
>>384259974
You blow that shit until the dust gets out. If there is a metric fuckton coming out then open it up and give it a thorough cleaning.
>>
>>384251474
Honestly I find RS3 to be more genuine than OSRS, which is kind of amusing to think about when you think about how OSRS is closer to the original form the game had years and years ago.

But ultimately I find that most decisions that go into developing new content for OSRS end up coming out half-baked and not fitting particularly well into the overall game.

Now, I disliked the start of Evolution of Combat just as much as anyone else did. Key rolling is just fucking awful in any MMO. However, it should be noted that I always felt combat was somewhat lacking with just click-and-wait, and wanted something more than just prayer flashing to give it interactivity. Well, to RS3's credit, they did eventually implement the Revolution combat system, which is a lovely half-way point between WoW keyrolling and OSRS click-and-wait. --

-- For anyone who gave up on RS3 during EoC's initial run, Revolution will automatically rotate usage of basic abilities the first 9 or so hotbar slots, in order of placement and cooldown. The end result is that it feels like you're customizing your auto attack, while you still manually press for Thresholds and Ultimates but only occasionally.

As for the quests and world events, well, I won't defend that towards the end of the Fifth Age and for a good portion of the Sixth Age, the quests weren't terribly fantastic. Oversaturation of god politics over in-world events involving people and monsters, some genuinely poor quest writing and design in some cases (The Mighty Fall, holy shit why did you do this to Zanik Jagex), Sliske getting WAY too much time in the spotlight, and so on. But there are some good ones, and they're getting better as Jagex is slowly figuring out what they did wrong and rectifying it.

I find that Menaphos was a genuinely pretty good addition (I like it more than Prifddinas anyhow), Invention as a skill is getting better all the time, and they finally seem to have figured out what their priorities should be.
>>
>>384259204
You CAN pay for Treasure Hunter keys but there's not much reason to - stars and lamps aren't going to do all that much for you in the grand scheme of things and it'd take a lot of money to get any decent chunk out of them. There's the chance of getting lucky equipment or a massive chunk of money but those are so infinitesimal it's laughable. You could just sell bonds to other players but you get a pittance of money that you could earn just as well not paying for it.

Ultimately the legitimately P2W aspect is far too weak to actually win anything more than cosmetics.
>>
>>384250662
....so... this is the....way it was meant to be played...
>>
If you want to play a real, actual mobile mmorpg, try Lineage M. It's a direct port of the pc mmorpg Lineage 1.
>>
>>384259456
>nu- anything
Cuck.
>>
If the survey is any indication, it seems like they're finally starting to really get to work on the Mining/Smithing rework.

I'm looking forward to:

>player-instanced mining rocks with a maximum mining time for an ore and chance for multiple ores
>existing ore tiers getting knocked down in levels to their actual equipment level
>smithables doing the same
>t60-t80, possibly t90 ores and smithables being introduced
>mastery system at 99 smithing to further improve the ability to smith specific equipment faster and more efficiently
>overload-like items from smithing for the player who actually trains the skill
>possibility of "the best" items being made from high level pve drops combined with smithing

I want it so bad.
>>
>>384261178
>Ultimately the legitimately P2W aspect is far too weak to actually win anything more than cosmetics.
I absolutely agree with you, except for one condition: When they run that rainbow multiplier one. When that's on you can legit get sickening amounts of BXP and proteans and shit from it if you splash cash on keys. I have a friend who has never actually trained the skill in a "normal" way who has fucking 99 smithing solely from buying and using keys during the rainbow TH events.
>>
>>384262998
>player-instanced mining rocks with a maximum mining time for an ore
Maybe I'm a boring person but this one excites me the most, honestly. I have 99 smith but my mining is hanging around about 70 or something because the grind was just too much for me to cope with, doesn't help that I'm sure the level I was at the fuckawful boring granite quarry mining was the most efficient exp for me.
>>
>>384250662
>correct grammar
>not engrish

that's legit alright
>>
>>384262998
I really hope they're serious about finishing up existing game content - questlines, skill reworks, etc. - before moving on to new content. I've been waiting for this fucking mining/smithing rework for years.
>>
>>384251474
EoC is much better and honestly refreshing compared to "prayer flick and afk"
The fact that there are actually balanced xp rates compared to the retarded shit there was before is nice.
Except agility, fuck agility. It's more efficient to grind chimes in the arc then it is to actually train that skill.
Same thing with divination but training it isn't pure cancer.

The fact that runescape still has pretty high quality quests, that OSRSfags couldn't give a shit about quests, and that OSRS is missing most of the best classic ones from when the gowers were still involved is the reason why RS3 is much better though.
>>
>>384264723
>except agility
>fuck agility
I wish more people played Barbarian Assault. The amount of agility bxp it offers is very worthwhile. Also I can reduce the Prifddinas and werewolf courses to only some minor mouse movements if any at all which means I can shrink the window and watch netflix or something.

But I do think Agility needs an overhaul really badly, completely renovating the whole skill from the ground up. Maybe turn it into Flash Flash Revolution.
>>
>>384252180
Revo has just as much control as manual, just in high level pvm the automatic firing off can fuck you over.
>>
>>384265037
I'm more butthurt about the fact that it's one of the highest effort skills but is completely useless from a gameplay perspective than it is about training it, at least thieving is actually quite profitable at high levels.
>>
What happened?
>>
>>384265987
Is this morrowind
>>
>>384265767
Well it's not completely useless, but I do find that its benefits are fairly lacklustre.

A lot of the areas that it allows shortcuts to no longer see usage due to best-in-game XP creep, doubling or tripling loot from pickpocketing or fishing certain things sees very little actual usage, etc. Its most useful feature is the fact that it makes running take longer to run out and replenish faster, but even then, eh.
>>
>>384266494
>A lot of the areas that it allows shortcuts to no longer see usage due to best-in-game XP creep
>Its most useful feature is the fact that it makes running take longer to run out and replenish faster
Very few shortcuts were ever worth using in the first place, the animations were often just as long as traversing them, and the ones that weren't got made redundent by the thing that also made run energy redundant; teleports.
There are teleports to fucking everywhere to the point they overlap, there are at least 4 infinite teleports to port sarim.
>>
>>384266817
I'm still miffed at the fucking lodestone system. Now the only thing that traditional teleports are good for are more out of the way areas that you rarely visit in the first place or trying to be efficient in terms of time spent doing something otherwise fairly inefficient.

I wanted so bad for it to be reworked so that runes still had value for giving instantaneous lodestone usage. The vis wax system was not what I was expecting at all, however and feels lazy as fuck. I wanted to charge lodestones with runes. I wanted to have an ammo slot rune bag that didn't degrade. I wanted to have traditional teleports showing up alongside lodestone teleports on the lodestone selection map.
>>
>>384267115
Lodestone rework was pretty bad, but even without them there's almost no reason to run anywhere.
>I wanted to have an ammo slot rune bag that didn't degrade.
that's a thing now, two versions, one holds 2 types of runes, the other 3.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.