[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the moral of the story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Hotline_Miami_cover.png (195KB, 261x381px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline_Miami_cover.png
195KB, 261x381px
What was the moral of the story?
>>
>>384248125

Just psychopaths killing dudes
>>
No Russian
>>
The point is quite literally that there isn't a point.

We try to justify the violence instead of just admitting we love it. Hotline Miami presents itself as a deep game but it's just a red herring, the devs knew people would try to find some kind meaning but there isn't one. It's mocking people that tries to make the game seem more tasteful and mature than it is.
>>
I just finished the game but I still don't know who the three masked people are, or the guy giving jacket stuff in stores. Was he real?
>>
>>384248125
kill them all
>>
>>384248695
The three masked people are hallucinations, though the sequel implies that at least one of them might be something supernatural in origin. As for the bearded man, his story is also explained in the sequel. Spoilers, obviously:He's Jacket's old friend from a war. The store sections, like the mask people sections, are just part of the coma dream, but Beard was a real person at one point. He saved Jackets life at one point and told him 'it was on the house.' He died after a nuke was dropped on San Francisco, literally seconds after talking to Jacket on the phone.
>>
>>384248695
The guy at the stores is a main character in HM2. It will be somewhat more clear why he appears everywhere in 1. The masked guys seem to appear outside of time given that they comment on the past that hasnt happened yet but don't know the future. So it's probably in his mind, each mask being an aspect of himself and his self image
>>
The message is that hurting people is a lot of fun.
>>
>>384248125
Nationalism is bad or something.

>>384248695
The three masked people are in Jacket's head. Everything up until Trauma is Jacket in a coma dream, reliving what lead up to that point.
>>
>>384248125
There is no moral. But Richard is some dark crazy inner demon of jacket's. I still can't answer why other people see Richard
>>
No matter the justification, if you do bad things you are a bad person.
Jacket isn't a hero
>>
I don't know if it's relevant to connect HM2 to 1 because I don't know if Dennaton knew what they were going to do with 2 beforehand. But if it can be (along with the comics), the series is a commentary on violence: how it spirals out of control and the different ways that bring people to it - duty, necessity, thrill-seeking, psychopathy, history, even fame. The roots of where the violence begins in the series, though, is as a legitimate protest against the dehumanization of war that corrupts into a cruel form of nationalism. By the time HM1 happens, all justification is gone and there's only an absurd compulsion for violence stoked by those who bring it out of him.
>>
>>384249047
How about the Abyss then?
>>
"Do you like hurting other people?"
>>
>>384249496
I think the masks are Goetia demons
>>
>>384249515
That sentence only works because it implies 'bad thing are those which can't be justified'. Incredibly stupid sentence.
>>
>>384250792
I thought it was obvious. 50 Blessings knew what their actions would do, so they converted one of their bases into a bomb shelter. Eventually, hobos got in and started wearing the masks they found around. What, you think the dude speaking without Richard's tooth beak was the same Richard from the hallucinations?
>>
>>384248125
You could argue that the games try to say "even midless violence can make us ask important questions of ourselves"
>>
>>384251467
But beard never knew about 50 blessings and only saw one person in his life have an an animal mask on. WHY DOES TOOTHED RICHARD APPEAR FOR EVERYONE?
>>
Does there need to be one? Life is fucked up.
>>
Is hotline miami 2 dare i say it, Kino?
>>
>>384252218
Why did they do as the phone told them to.
>>
>>384252910
Why did son of sam do as his dog told him? Some people are nuts.
>>
>>384252910
Maybe there was no phone
>>
They were threatened to do it through cryptic messages on the phone.
>>
>>384253210
I'm pretty sure there was a phone since the secret ending in Miami 1 explained it
>>
Violence doesn't need a reason to be enjoyed, is the meaning I got from the game. The game tugs you along with some bigger plot, but in the end it's all just "because we thought it would be fun"
It's taking potshots at the unnecessary depth and moral issues that are being forced into games today by showing that pure violence is just as rewarding.
That's how I interpreted it, but who knows what the Word of God wanted to say about it.
>>
>>384252910
But who was phone?
>>
File: 1495864213763.png (268KB, 900x516px) Image search: [Google]
1495864213763.png
268KB, 900x516px
that nationalism is bad because it leads to violence goy, so you should open your borders :^)))))
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.