[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: cata.jpg (184KB, 1431x1075px) Image search: [Google]
cata.jpg
184KB, 1431x1075px
Early Cataclysm was the last time this game was good. The old world was no longer a deserted wasteland where you couldn't complete half the quests with elites due to everyone afking in Dalaran. You actually had to manage aggro and balance damage again in dungeons, shit hit so hard you had to use CC and interrupt enemy spells or you died, if you didn't do boss mechanics you just died. You also had to manage mana again. The zones varied from feh to unique and beautiful with an amazing atmospheric soundtrack to back it all up. The story generally kept me engaged, half the cast finally got off their asses and did something, although I don't want to build up this aspect too much, it was ok story for an -MMO- but I'd still rank it far down the ladder from something like FF14's and games stories in general. I really enjoyed Bastion of Twilight and Rise of Zandalari as ranks too, especially Nefarion and Onyxia. Firelands was boring and Hour of Twilight re-Wrathed the game with nerfs out the ass and all the aforementioned stuff being trashed, was the final nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned. I legitimately get more nostalgic for early Cataclysm than I do wiping on Shade of Aran 20 times a night in Burning Crusade.
>>
you're right OP, that's a very unpopular opinion
>>
>>384242417
I agree
>>
>>384242417
The only good thing about Cata was the pre-nerf heroic dungeons.
>>
>>384242417
Agreed, though the old world revamp is debatable, people couldnt get over their nostalgia for the old zones
>>
>>384242417
>You actually had to manage aggro and balance damage again in dungeons, shit hit so hard you had to use CC and interrupt enemy spells or you died, if you didn't do boss mechanics you just died. You also had to manage mana again.
Yep, this was amazing.

I hit max level on the first day on my warrior (for the autistic achievement) and tanking and instances were amazingly fun. Everyone who rushed to the cap knew how to play and the dungeons actually challenged you were you had to know how to play.

And then things got casualized again.
>>
File: 1383269616686.jpg (18KB, 233x253px) Image search: [Google]
1383269616686.jpg
18KB, 233x253px
>>384242417
>Early Cata

Nigga BC killed the fucking game and set the stage not only for the bullshit in WoW, but simultaneously set the bar for all the other MMOs to take notes and copy the shittiest way to do expansions ever conceived, to such a point that it has become standard and accepted now.

>green gear given from the first quest replaces everything and anything you've worked for a year or longer to get
>reputation and factions don't matter anymore because there's 50 new ones
>old-world content has no point or use in the slightest, nor does completing it
>all future characters will skip past pre-expansion content as fast as possible to get to the expansion
>all progress or work you put into completing zones, getting rare items, or grinding for gear/rep is entirely voided because we will give you better stuff in the expansion for free

>oh and btw it will be this way for every expansion in this game from now until the end of time
>>
>>384243174

First two tiers were good, especially tier 11. Only wrathbabies and people who didn't even play cata will disagree.
>>
>>384245439
>t. "i didn't play back in the day but I play nostralius!"
>>
I don't think either as they are make for an ideal direction for the series but I'd sooner take Skyward Sword over Breath of the Wild as a Zelda game.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.