[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most pretentious and cringeworthy story ever? >MUH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Is this the most pretentious and cringeworthy story ever?

>MUH SYMBOLISM
>MUH STRONG WYMYN
>MUH RACISM
>MUH EVIL WHITE CHRISTIAN MAN
>>
>>384242030
>I have no idea what the game is about
Good thread.
>>
File: 1499184095625.jpg (321KB, 782x788px) Image search: [Google]
1499184095625.jpg
321KB, 782x788px
>>384242030
Aren't you easy to trigger.
>>
>>384242030
Yeah until it turns out the blacks are just violent savages as well but I guess that would go against your outrage narrative
>>
File: 1490091379397.jpg (50KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490091379397.jpg
50KB, 575x575px
chill out snowflake
>>
>>384242030
>>MUH STRONG WYMYN
literally none.
The DLC even kills Elizabeth.
The racism is a little hamfisted, even though people never bring up the irish shit was real worse. The game had a few pockets of gems though like the potato girl skit.

>>MUH EVIL WHITE CHRISTIAN MAN
It was actually the opposite desu.
>a literal crazy negress starts a coalition to bring down the perfect city.
>>
>>384242030
>Is this the most pretentious and cringeworthy story ever?
Not even close.
It's pretty bad, but damn. Have you ever played ANYTHING by Tale of Tales? Or some of those amazing artistic flash games like Every Day the Same Dream?

Infinite is nothing compared to those. Hell, I'd say fucking Limbo and Braid are worse than this in terms of pretention, and those are games I genuinely enjoyed.

>MUH SYMBOLISM
There is no symbolism. Or at least no important symbolism in the story.
>MUH STRONG WYMYN
It's a literal damsel-in-distress/daddy-save-me story. What the fuck are you talking about?
>MUH RACISM
While the game initially deals with racism in a very simple and naive way, it actually muddies it hugely later into the story. Which does not make it good, it's just that the message about racism in this game is actually very, very unclear and conflicting.
>MUH EVIL WHITE CHRISTIAN MAN- 4 posts and 2 image replies shown.
Seriously, this shit really mainly dissipates over the course of the story. It's such a clusterfuck in the second half that the whole white guilt thing just stops being a thing.

It's a shit story, sure, but most of your criticism are dumb and suggest you may have not even played it. Which... fine. It's not worth playing. But you also should not throw shit at games you had not played, about shit that does not really happen in them.
>>
>>384242030
>"I need a safe space the thread"
>>
Not only was the story and narrative shit, they also had the gall to cram Rapture in there for in the end and in the DLCs.
#muhnostalgia
>>
File: 1475582457803.png (9KB, 221x276px) Image search: [Google]
1475582457803.png
9KB, 221x276px
>MUH SYMBOLISM
You're just throwing this word around, aren't you?

>MUH STRONG WYMYN
Elizabeth was anything but strong, ffs. Even in the end where she's set on killing Comstock, she admits she still needs Booker's help.

>MUH RACISM
Yes Anon, racism was a thing in the early 20th century society. Pick up a fucking book and look it up.

>MUH EVIL WHITE CHRISTIAN MAN
Pic related
>>
The story would've been far better without the TWEEST.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.