[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into Dark Souls, should I just start with 1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1435886232620.jpg (37KB, 378x339px) Image search: [Google]
1435886232620.jpg
37KB, 378x339px
I want to get into Dark Souls, should I just start with 1?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 358x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 358x251px
Nah, just go to 2
>>
>>384241852
I want to know as well. Is Bloodborne a good start too? I'm a bit intimidated.
>>
The only one that is actually a sequel is 3, which is packed with references to the previous games.
2 is more of a spinoff of 1, so you could play either of those first and not lose out of any of the lore. You could start with Demon's Souls or Bloodborne also, if you're interested in other Souls games.
>>
>>384241852
Yes, just dont go into the graveyard at the beginning like i did because people said the game was difficult
>>
Dark Souls 1 is the slowest and easiest. Logically the best starting point for people getting into the series, but it has a lot of rough edges.
>>
>>384242010
Bloodborne's a little easier because if you get hit, you have a chance to get your health back which does leave you open to getting attacked again.
>>
1, 3, 2
only logical order.
>>
File: 1.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>384242153
>>384242247
>>384242345
>>384243292
alright, booting up 1 now. pirated the prepare to die edition because apparently it's just the same game with the DLC included. give me tips for character creation, what class should I go?
>>
>>384244248
Sucks that you pirated it, the online features are the best part imo. You won't get to see the 'ghosts' of other players who are in the same area as you, you won't see the bloodstains which you can touch that reenact the last 10 seconds or so of another players life, the messages that other players can write on the ground, you won't get to invade/be invaded by other players, or cooperate with them, etc.
>>
>>384244375
If its his first time he probably wont care about pvp.
>>
>>384244440
all the other stuff though
>>
>>384241852
>should I start the first and probably the best one

no
>>
>>384241852
start with kings field so you actually appreciate the moonlight blade. all the armored core games are also obligatory.
>>
>>384244248
I'm a poorfag slavnigger and even I bought DS1, the online is really great.

But I'm not gonna shame you or anything, I beat the game first on a pirated copy before buying it.

Anyway, start with a Pyromancer and raise endurance/vitality/strength/dex to 20 and attunement to 16 or 19.

Just never ever level Resistance and you're good. Upgrading weapons is always ALWAYS more important than your own stats, good luck and have fun.
>>
>>384244561
Does King's Field still hold up as well as Demon's?
>>
>>384244624
Of course not. It has its charms and they're still good games but they aged like shit.
>>
>>384244248
You should turn it off and start at Demon's instead unless you don't have a ps3 in which case just stick with dark souls
>>
>>384244876
Fuck I didn't realize how old they were lol. I'll probably be able to emulate them on my toaster though so that's good.
>>
>>384244248
deprived is the only correct choice
>>
Looking to get dark souls 1. Should I buy the PC or PS3 version?
>>
>>384245217
Pc looks and runs great but youll need a controller and dsfix to make it playable
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.