[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's the beta? Is the game itself better than 1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: destiny-2-2017330191249_1.jpg (173KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
destiny-2-2017330191249_1.jpg
173KB, 1280x1280px
How's the beta? Is the game itself better than 1?
>>
>>384240916
i regret pre ordering it's trash
>>
Beta isnt out yet nigger
>>
>>384240916
it hasn't happened yet dude
>>
>>384241003
oh fuck, honestly made the thread since I wanted some feedback on getting the game, since I can get it for 9 euros

>>384240971
aw fuck
>>
>>384240916
It's going to be more of the same. What really matters is if it has enough content and more interesting/varied enemies. We obviously wont know that from a beta, so what's the point?
>>
File: Contract.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Contract.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>384240957
what an embarassing falseflag

>>384240916
It's only out tomorow so no one can really say. Although on paper I like every single gameplay change they made, it's all small stuff that really adds up. The only thing I don't like is the removal of jump acceleration because I'm mostly a Titan player.

PvP will obviously be a vast improvement, I don't even need to play it to be aware of that. No more shotgun/sniper spam, heavy ammo is much more limited, 2 main weapons for more range choice and variety, Supers are more easily countered, melee does less damage and all classes have the same melee range, maps and modes will work much better since they are designed with eachother in mind (every map has a single objective mode, instead of using the same map for 5 different modes that don't work all that well like in Destiny1). And the changes to Conquest are amazing (again just a bunch of "small" changes that add up and fundamentally vastly improve the mode)

I didn't pre-order the game so I'll only get a taste of it friday. I'm curious to see what the high-end progression grind will be, considering that weapons no longer have random perk rolls.
>>
>>384241591
how do you feel about the general look of the game, I was kind underwhelmed honestly, still looks like a ps3 game (destiny 1)

I was expecting it to look much better
>>
File: C8zHolEUAAEDDfH.jpg orig.jpg (733KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
C8zHolEUAAEDDfH.jpg orig.jpg
733KB, 3840x2160px
Destiny looks fine.
>>
>>384242052
damn halo reach looks like that?
>>
File: CgtzS7IWwAAq3Yu.jpg orig.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CgtzS7IWwAAq3Yu.jpg orig.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: Dreadnaught Foreshadowing.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dreadnaught Foreshadowing.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
>>384242052
We posting screenshots?
>>
>>384241089
I suppose people did get to play at E3 but I guess no one here has. Looking forward to it though.
>>
>>384241124
>What really matters is if it has enough content and more interesting/varied enemies

bungie didn't hint at anything? they didn't say that this one will have more areas/maps?
>>
File: ChRyGUxWgAArlpc.jpg orig.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ChRyGUxWgAArlpc.jpg orig.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
One time I spawned in the Tower and a graphical glitch turned my Warlock robes into a bitching jacket.
>>
>>384241917
It has improved, just not substancially. I still remember when people said Halo3 looked just like Halo2 before it came out.
Also no major graphic improvements = bigger maps, more AI, more explosions.
It's a good thing for gameplay, opens up more oportunities.
>>
>>384241591

>PvP will obviously be a vast improvement
>went from 6vs6 to 4vs4 when you can go into things like battlefield and play 64vs64 in big maps with destructible scenario and a ton of other stuff to use like tanks, planes and whatnot

fucking KEK

>I didn't pre-order the game so I'll only get a taste of it friday

Download it from the jap psn you mong.

>>384241917
It's literally a DLC being sold as a sequel. The cabal raid was a part of destiny 1's development schedule, but just like classical Activision goes, they decided to scrap that off and make you pay twice over for it.

Everything else looks like a massive step backwards. The game is still at 30 fps when every single AAA FPS game is at 60 fps even on the base model of both consoles, it still has no dedicated servers despite the overwhelming profits of an extremely overpriced game that has microtransactions to boot. They are shitting over PvE to balance for PvP by making shotguns and snipers become the new heavy-wannabe class of weapons because Bungie has been trying to balance them since the dawn of time but they are incompetent as fuck.

They also removed random perks on weapons, meaning that people will just fly through content and never touch the game again since going for anything past the level you need to do the hard mode raid is completely pointless. The class customization has also been dumbed down to hell and back, you no longer pick each different skill you want, you just choose from a group of them and that's it. They are introducing "weapon mods" to try to balance out the fact weapons don't have random perks anymore but I fucking guarantee you they are gonna start selling mod loot boxes in that shitty microtansactions shop and these retards who keep defending this shit will stand by this decision.

Other than that, it looks like all of the budget went into the Sentinel class and Hunters are hilariously pathetic in comparison. They didn't even get their own pvp video.
>>
So sell this game to me,I haven't played the first one.
>>
>>384242724
>Also no major graphic improvements = bigger maps, more AI, more explosions.

What a load of horseshit. That's just your delusional wishful thinking with nothing to back it up.
>>
>>384240916
Looks like shit I shouldn't have preordered it
>>
Sell this game to me,/v/.
I haven't played the first one.
>>
>>384243000
don't play it new bungie sucks
>>
>>384243000

Just buy the first one. You can probably get the Complete Edition for under $20 now. You've got enough time to blow through it before Destiny 2 comes out.
>>
>>384242925

Very solid and satisfying gunplay. Will easily entertain you for at least a month. Best played with friends like all other multiplayer games but it's a highly social thing and you can make a bunch of friends in game.

Expect absolutely nothing from Bungie though. They are compulsive lying rats who just want to milk your wallet dry. Don't trust the shills, there are many of them.
>>
File: Bungie_Logo_-_Official.svg.png (7KB, 330x105px) Image search: [Google]
Bungie_Logo_-_Official.svg.png
7KB, 330x105px
>>384243181
>They are compulsive lying rats who just want to milk your wallet dry. Don't trust the shills, there are many of them.
what went wrong?
>>
>>384242881
>went from 6vs6 to 4vs4
That's not any better or worse, but it is more tight-knit and for me personally it'll be much easier to consistently play with 100% pre-made teams since it's obviously easier to play with 3 other friends instead of 5. The less matches I play with 1 or 2 randoms in my time the better.

>when you can go into things like battlefield and play 64vs64
Oh, you must be underage, I get it.
Look, not every game needs to have 128 player battles to be good. Team size is literally meaningless to the quality of a game. I loved the shit out of Battlefield 2413's craziness and the Titan invasion moments at the end but I also liked normal small team shooters like Bungie's.
You must have a tiny brain if you equate number of players to enjoyment.
We all know Destiny isn't that kind of shooter. In fact you must dislike 99% of shooters in the market since ONLY Battlefield and less than a handful of indie shooters have 128 players in a map. Why are you in this thread again?

>Download it from the jap psn you mong.
They get a week long open beta?

>>384242941
>That's just your delusional wishful thinking with nothing to back it up.
The Strike they have shown at the event has the biggest open section compared to any Strike in Destiny1 IIRC.

I'm also not making anything up considering that Rise of Iron didn't launch on last gen consoles for this same reason. What I said literally already happened, you are the one making shit up. For example that part in the Raid when you have to run away from the death train would be impossible on last gen consoles due to the large ammount of enemies that spawn at the start. That map isn't even big (pretty much just a big corridor) but the number of AI alone was too much for the other consoles.

Also, I'm not sure what you would expect out of an expansion disguised as a sequel. A new engine? No recycled assets?
Delusional.
>>
>>384241591
If you're on PS4 you can make a Hong Kong account and download the beta right now
>>
>>384244298

You can download the beta right now in any region. But none of the servers are up yet so all you're getting is a title screen.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.