[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the Crash remaster being a success, will a Spyro one follow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: tfw no remaster.png (68KB, 253x286px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no remaster.png
68KB, 253x286px
With the Crash remaster being a success, will a Spyro one follow?
>>
I hope so, but I'm doubtful.

>Remaking the Spyro hub worlds/levels

Way bigger a task than Crash's remake.
>>
>>384239248
Please, I loved Spyro never got into crash.
>>
File: 1500.png (99KB, 370x380px) Image search: [Google]
1500.png
99KB, 370x380px
>>
I don't get it, why do you guys love platformers so much? I've been playing Mario on NES and others on Sega later, but that shit stopped being fun for me at the age of 8 or 9, when I got access to RTS, RPG, FPS/TPS genres. I don't get any satisfaction or a sense of achevement from such games. All I see is kiddy design and pointless gameplay. Tell me, why do you still dream of playing something similar? Why are modern Mario games are so popular not exclusively among kids? I'm 30 and I don't see myself playing some platformer ever. Please break it down to me, I seriously don't get it.
>>
>>384239787
It's fun :)
>>
Insomniac said, that it's up to Activision. The N.Sane Trilogy was a massive success, imagine what Spyro would be in comparison.
Normally, I don't like Remakes (DmC, Ratchet & Clank), but Crash just had a complete graphical overhaul, without any big differences. That's what makes it a "Root Remake", cause it sticks to its fundamentals.
If Activison doesn't give the license to a good developer studio (maybe even Insomniac), they'd miss out on some serious cash.
>>
Let him rest. He's suffered enough.
>>
>>384239787
Maybe it's just me, but there's a simple joy in the simplicity of overcoming a fast-paced and challenging obstacle course, often packed with charm. Story is minimal, so gameplay is maximized and usually honed to tight perfection. Rayman Origins was one of my favourites in recent years, made me realise how much I enjoy platformers.
>>
>>384239787
Nostalgia mostly. Also, it's really fun.
A standard collectathon, where you don't have to think that much, just collect things and try out some random gameplay mechanics, like Spyro.
A 2D/3D platformer, in which good reflexes are crucial and you really have to "git gud", but without having to look for guides, builds and strategies, like Crash or Rayman.
They are mostly nostalgia-driven, but in a time where the market is flooded with mediocre AAA titles, hard souls clones and unfinished messes it's refreshing to play a game which you loved as a kid.
>>
File: 1311947803699.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1311947803699.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
If god exists, he will give me a high-quality remake of that one spyro game where you collect the dragon eggs. I fucking loved that shit as a kid.
>>
>>384239787
Why do you give a shit? People play plenty of games that others don't like or don't understand. Not everyone wants every game to present a challenge, sometimes they just want to relax and have fun. Why do you feel the need to be THAT guy?
>>
http://www.first4figures.com/spyro-exclusive.html
>>
Yup, they'll definitely make one.
It'll be a remake of the Legend of Spyro trilogy :^)
>>
>>384240907
I'd unironically be okay with that
>>
>>384241873
I wouldn't
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 583x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 583x640px
>>384239248
>The last game Spyro was even in was Skylanders
>Minon's him out of the spotlight

This is suffering
>>
>>384239787

The problem is your were playing shitty platformers on Nintendo's garbage consoles. Mario and Sonic are shit.

Sony platformers like Spyro, Crash, Ratchet and Jak were actually well done and fun games.
>>
>>384245731
Spyro, Crash, Jak and Daxter, are great. Why the hate for Sonic.
>>
>>384239787
>pointless gameplay
Seriously, no one quoting this shit?
>>
File: 1499763134710.png (414KB, 800x730px) Image search: [Google]
1499763134710.png
414KB, 800x730px
I hope not, or at least not by using the developers dedicated to Crash Bandicoot to put him aside for a Spyro remake. No, I only want a new Crash Bandicoot platformer.
>>
File: Why have you forsaken me.jpg (143KB, 490x680px) Image search: [Google]
Why have you forsaken me.jpg
143KB, 490x680px
>People only caring about stuff like Crash and Spyro who have had a bunch of games
>No love for the bear and bird who are left to rot in the pile of collected corpses Microsoft currently sits on
>>
>>384246919
Banjo-Tooie is dogshit and Yooka-Laylee is proof on that
>>
>>384247048
>Tooie
>Dogshit
Fuck off retard
>>
>>384246919

I don't like collectathons. Banjo wasn't enjoyable strictly as a platformer, because it was too slow and sluggish, same with DK64. Mario 64 managed to keep up the pace somehow.
>>
>>384239896
>Rest
>Skylanders is still alive with Spyro as one of its flagship characters iirc
???????????????
>>
>>384240341
That was number 3. The first three have aged well and are worth playing
>>
>>384240341
YotD was always my personal favorite
>>
>>384240170

I don't give a shit if I liked it as a kid. I find platformers appealing still, and would shit all over the Crash remake if it was no good.
>>
File: Elora_the_Faun.jpg (6KB, 179x224px) Image search: [Google]
Elora_the_Faun.jpg
6KB, 179x224px
Imagine Elora with an updated model.
>>
File: lewd.png (306KB, 954x815px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
306KB, 954x815px
>>384249637
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.