[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sniper = Cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 27

File: Sniper.png (147KB, 300x435px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper.png
147KB, 300x435px
>game developer adds a sniper class because every game must have a sniper right?

NOBODY likes being killed from 500 meters away by a person they could not see and NOBODY likes playing with a sniper who just sits still all game without giving a shit about the objective
>>
>game doesn't have a sniper class
>everyone runs around like a retard on the battlefield with no fear of retaliation
>>
I'm getting a strong deja vu from this post, like I've seen this pasta many times before, but I can't find any threads on the archive.
>>
>>384234514
>people need to randomly die in order for the game to be balanced
>>
File: 3543.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3543.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>384234272
>Implying running around the map and headshotting people left and right while they get salty and call you a hacker isn't the most fun
I literally wouldn't even play TF2 if Scout and Sniper weren't in it.
>>
>>384234272
The best game with snipers I've seen is C&C Renegade
>Game has a heavy focus on vehicles for primary damage
>Vehicles are relatively immobile, relying on squishy engineers to repair them
>Vehicles are sitting ducks to anti-armour infantry
>Snipers do fuck-all against medium armoured vehicles and above, but are great at taking out engineers, anti-tank classes, artillery and aircraft
>Low maximum ammo making every shot count before they have to trek back to base to restock
>>
THANKS FOR STANDING STILL WANKER
>>
I'LL SEND MY CONDOLENCES TO YOUR KANGAROO WIFE
>>
>>384234630
You want to simulate war, then yes.
>>
>>384234630
Sniper is THE only class to constantly keep your head down, because if you don't it pops off.
>>
File: Thanks mate.png (201KB, 700x385px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks mate.png
201KB, 700x385px
>>384235045
Thanks mate
>>
>>384234272
Correct, most games with health bars shouldnt have instakill mechanics, especially long range ones without any way to fight back. The worst thing about snipers is that they are allmost allways only countered by other snipers wich makes them a must pick.
>>
Despite the people that gravitate toward that role, having a damn good sniper on your team, in any game, is swell.

The biggest issue surrounding the class is clearly the skill ceiling being too high.
as it should be
>>
>>384235115
>only countered by other snipers
Yes, this.
>>
>>384235115
Sniper counter is sudden movements and positioning. Hear a sniper shoot? Switch corners, rocket jump to safety, sticky jump to safety, get your medic to overheal you?
>>
>>384235204
>sudden movements and positioning

what is lag
what is oh nope, i headshotted and instakilled you anyways

give me a sniper class and i would be able to kill a world class player with a lucky hs in a fraction of the time it would take with any other class.

lucky instakills is such a retarded mechanic
>>
>>384234272

The only games I'm fine with people playing snipers/designated marksmen are mil-sims and lite mil-sims. Of course not all the time and not for every map. Some maps you'll never need one, whereas there are times when you're defending an objective that a marksman can be useful, especially for funneling.
>>
>>384235186
>literally point and click in games with hitscan weapons
>high skill ceiling
You gotta be kidding.
>>
Quake III did snipers right.

It's just a long range gun that does high damage, but can be successfully rushed and tanked by a fucking retard
>>
snipers in this game give away their position with colored markers that show where they are aiming

No fucking excuse you shitter
And stop running in a straight line in an open area
>>
>>384235083
And why for the love of god is forcing people to sit still a good thing? Snipers are horrible because they stop the flow of the game, are only countered by other snipers or other assassins and are unfun to play against.
Not having snipers just increases the skill cap because now people have to learn how to position without it being obvious where they should be.
>>384235204
So snipers counters are something much harder to do then being a sniper, that isnt a counter buddy good snipers will know to just bodyshot you when you are doing that.
>>
>>384235386
you gotta be baiting!
(you)
>>
Just harass them with scorch shot
Endless salt guaranteed
>>
Snipers should be able to be countered easily if the game is good. Enemy Territory for instance - unless he got you with a headshot (which was pretty rare, because a scoped rifle was exclusive to a class that was also a sort of spy), you could've gotten ressurrected immediately by a nearby, competent medic.

Not to mention that the speed of movement was near arcade levels and aiming/positioning made it even harder to headshot people unless you were REALLY good.

Why is ET not on Steam, anyway?
>>
>>384235424
>snipers in this game give away their position with colored markers that show where they are aiming
Depends where you're aiming. If the sniper has any brains at all he wont show the laser pointer so you will never be able to see it.

>And stop running in a straight line in an open area
This will only make it harder. The sniper will still kill you from across the map while you wouldnt be able to do a single thing about it.
>>
Honestly, if they add a sniper in a game like TF2 it shouldnt be capable of insta killing. The sniper in tf2 should only deal 100 damage and have way higher fire rate, that makes him a zoner and leaves assasination to the spy, who has to put way more effort into a kill.
>>
>>384235527
You can move from cover to cover instead of running in a straight line
Almost all maps have alternate routes that can take you behind the sniper in no time

Git fucking gud
>>
File: KKssEvE.jpg (264KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KKssEvE.jpg
264KB, 1920x1200px
>>384235615
because every game is your warped version of team fortress two

stop playing snipers and get good at a game for once
>>
File: 1fe.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1fe.png
59KB, 658x662px
>>384235514
>ywn play et qw with your pc bros
fug
>>
>>384235596
Because sniper is a real must pick in the tf2 meta
wew lad
Give me soldiers and demomen any day
>>
File: 1499552673235.jpg (73KB, 638x498px) Image search: [Google]
1499552673235.jpg
73KB, 638x498px
>>384235706
>>
>>384235615
Yes buts its still absolute luck were either or not he kills you, you can only reduce the chance but never to zero. Playing against snipers is about getting the odds in your favor, its about luck.
>>
>>384235615
>>384235695
What even is this?
A misquote?
>>
>>384235695
Mid snipe never gets kills nowadays.
>>
>>384235813
Well thats the same against any other class
You are going to get backstabbed from time to time no matter how often you check your back, or a scout is going to drop from who knows where and blasts your ass, thats just the game
>>
>>384235718
Sniper is an OP situational pick that forces the enemy to do the same, especially on attack/defense. Snipers only get better on 6v6 because Spy is worse on 6v6. Most of all they are unfun to play agsinst and dont belong in the game like they are right now because tf2 is normally a game about reaction but with sniper its about positioning
>>
>>384235813
You can't 100% guarantee ANYTHING in TF2, which is the charm of the game.
>>
>>384235813
You're starting to talk out of your ass now.
Using the term luck in place of the players skill/ability to aim is cop out territory.

It'd be no different than say a person not using a sniper rifle landing a headshot across the map on said sniper.
>>
File: 1499427557944.png (465KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
1499427557944.png
465KB, 500x562px
>>384234272
The real problem with snipers is that there's never any limit to them so any game with snipers have like 5-10 snipers when you only need 1 or 2. Any more than that ruins the game.
>>
>>384235860
That isnt true at all because you get the chance to fight back against the spy and scout because they get in your effective range, if you have teammates that makes more of you to kill the threat, meanwhile the only way to kill a sniper that is protected by his team is an other sniper.
>>
>>384236070
3 spies 4 snipers is the way to play in Stockholm servers
>>
>>384236098

>Stockholm servers
>most of the players are yuri.arpolov.2010

Seems about right.
>>
>>384236084
You cant fight back because you were looking elsewhere
Exactly the same as sniper where you get killed when you dont use the covers to get around
>>
>>384235045
So. Anyone got the link to "that" comic?
>>
>>384236174
Scout cant insta kill you so if you are good enough or if your team pays attention you might be saved, spy can insta kill you but chances are that if he does he will be killed as well. Meanwhile a sniper can instakill you from the comfort of his own base where his team is there to safe him.
>>
>>384234272
Sniping in BF4 was almost perfect if they didn't include bipod, range finder and 40X scope plus the ability to be prone.
Bullets in that game are projectiles and slow. And all sniper rifles require 2 shots on body to kill someone (unless if you're in close range)
>>
>playing in low level shit tier games
>Complaining about balance

You have no right to speak unless you're at least semi professional and play with people who are ACTUALLY GOOD on a regular basis.

Your opinion means fucking nothing you little pub shitter so be quiet and learn your place, get back to playing with those random shitters who have 30 hours played.
>>
File: Backpack_Machina.png (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Backpack_Machina.png
32KB, 512x512px
*penetrates you*
>>
>>384236364
Then... what is a spy? Valve servers are designed for alternative routes, and a spy can go invisible. What does an enemy team have to do once you're invisible, you come from where you're least expected and you're behind that snipers back?
>>
>>384234272
No. The problem is giving sniper hitscan weapon.
>>
>>384236460
>so be quiet and learn your place
Ow the edge
Snipers are cancers because forcing the enemy to pick one to counter them in unforgivable. The only other class that counters sniper besides sniper is spy but spy has to put way more effort into a kill and is at way more risk then sniper is. Making a class that is only countered by an objectively worse class is horrible game design. And dont give me shit like rocketjumping to get in range to kill a sniper because first of all, its way harder then actually being the sniper so the problem repeats and second of all its not viable because a sniper is usually protected wich means that if you get in and kill him you are basicly guaranteed to die wich also repeats the same problem spy has.

Snipers are objectively bad game design unless you are playing a milisim
>>
>>384235464
How is he 'baiting'?
You point and click with minimal use of WASD
How is that difficult? Especially in a game with severe damage fall off on most weapons.
It's not exactly high skill required
>>
>>384234630
>randomly
>>
>>384236471
*body shots you*
fixed it for you
>>
Even though sniper is unbalanced cancer, it sure is satisfying to go on a streak with him.
>>
>>384237519
>No chance to react
>Sniper is at no risk
Might as well be random, moving around the battlefield with a sniper on it is not about the skill of both players its about the skill of the sniper. Unforgivable game design.
>>
>>384234272
>just sits still all game without giving a shit about objective
half-true. they call "gigus snibers" (maybe you know who the gibus is), but theres some snipers that CARE about obj. and knows what to do.
>>
ITT: Kids who can't git gud
>>
>>384237671

Except it's not at random, it's directly correlated to how exposed yo make yourself. Sure it's cancer to see a game where 80% of the team are just hanging back for easy kills rather than going for the objective but a sniper can be a valuable support role in a team.
>>
>>384237762
Yes but he is horrible in terms of design, he is only countered by and other sniper. Shit like that should be in the game, imagine if engie was only countered by other engies, imagine how fucking shit that would be. Its the same with snipers, a good team will just protect him because he brings the team such a huge advantage.
On some maps you have to expose your self in order to get on the objective, this means that on those maps sniper is such a good pick that you are practically forced to pick him.
>>
>>384237895
>Shit like that should be in the game
Ment to type shouldnt
>>
>2fort
>each team has atleast 3 snipers
>their only purpose is to kill other snipers
>>
If snipers were so OP then why doesn't everyone just pick sniper
Oh wait
>>
>>384238101
>2fort
The real problem on 2fort is engies, the good old days of building sentries in the enemy intel room where the shit. That and the map being objectively shit.

>>384238294
What a retarded fucking argument, ever heard of diminishing returns? A single sniper is so fucking powerfull that he can only be countered by an other sniper and will force the enemy team to play differently, multiple snipers on the other hand wont force the enemy team to play differently any more meaning that half of their power is gone. Also snipers dont go on objectives so you need something else to do that for them.
>>
Have fun getting flanked OP
>>
>>384235115
this
>>
Only scrubs who severely overestimate their own skills and importance complain about snipers in ANY game.

Snipers exist for PRECISION area denial. That same thing all you Soldier and Demo scrubs do, only you have to have splash damage on your side to get any kills.

Don't like that sniper? Then find a different area to approach him from.

I'll never understand how you kids can consider snipers OP when every FPS made after CoD features a plethora of autorifles that have perfect accuracy and practically no recoil.

It's pathetic.
>>
>>384238412
your right, engies were the problem. my issue with snipers on it were more that they were fucking useless and just took up space for no reason, mains and people who only care about k/d ratios in objective based shooters are the fucking worst
>>
File: 1496588159429.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
1496588159429.png
869KB, 986x797px
>>384234272
>Cp_orange
>crit chance set to 100%
>half of the teams are always body aiming snipers
>they slowly unlearn to proper headshot
>mfw
>>
>>384238412
>Forcing the enemy to use every tool in their kit is unfair! I should be allowed to move ANYWHERE I want on the map with impunity!

If it wasn't snipers then you'd be whining about shotguns, or pistols that hit too hard, or explosives being to weak or what the fuck ever else you died to in a round.

Git gud, faggot.
>>
>>384234878
Renegade is still my all-time favorite FPS.

Also when it came to snipers in that game you had the regular snipers and the Hero units with the big sniper rifles which was a nice dichotomy. You couldn't see where regular snipers shot from, but the big snipers shot tracer rounds which is interesting balance idea you don't see much of today.
>>
>>384234514
Works for Titanfall. People move so fast that unless you have God tier reactions you're not sniping shit. The game is factually better off because of this.
>>
>>384238575
>Don't like that sniper? Then find a different area to approach him from
Are you saying that there are no maps without choke points?
Look in the thread, snipers are objectively bad because they are counterend only by other snipers while other classes cant really do anything about him. If the maps has a choke then sniper is so retaredly good that he is a must pick wich is unforgivable design
>>
>>384234272
>Dude I should be able to free fire standing still with a LMG with no consequences!!!!
>>
>>384238575
But he can shoot me from anywhere how do I counter him
It's not like he's so fucked at close combat that him using melee is more dangerous in cc than his sniper rifle
It's not like I can rocket jump from somewhere and at least force him out of position if not kill him outright
>>
>>384238101
>Not shooting medics and fucking the heavy push
>Not shooting Soldiers out of mid air
>Not stopping Scouts from swarming the battlements
>Not picking off Pyro's trying to cross the bridge

The biggest problem with 2fort is that whiny ass children want it to be a CoD map with a million open flank routes and zero effective cover.
>>
>>384238847
>Snipers can't shoot moving targets
>>
>>384235386
>>384237464
>Point and clicking isn't high skill ceiling
There's a pretty big leap between somebody that can barely hit body shots and somebody running around the map and getting consistent headshots left and right, even on rocketjumping soldiers, while getting called an aimbotter. If you think raw aim doesn't require skill then why do you even play shooters?
>>
>>384235097
don't remind me :'(
>>
>>384238728
>The hyperbole
You shouldnt be able to move everywhere on the maps because a better combatant should stop you from doing so. Snipers lower the skill caps of the game because people wont need to learn where they can and cant be without being insta killed, if you ever play a game without a sniper and you get caught out of position it is effectively the same as being caught by a sniper but instead you actually have a chance to fight back.
A lack of snipers forces smarter and more clutch/enjoyable play.
>>
>>384238819
If your team is having trouble with just a sniper in a chokepoint in tf2 then your team is fucking shit.
>>
File: 608648534_tp.jpg (28KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
608648534_tp.jpg
28KB, 400x265px
>>384238819
>Can't counter with Spy
>Can't counter with an uber
>Can't counter with rocket jumping, or pipe jumping
>Can't counter with an invuln Scout
>Can't counter with a flare gun Pyro
>Can't counter with a DH soldier
>Can't counter with a Crossbow Medic

You're just shit at Team Fortress. Snipers are NOT challenging to deal with in any game made after Bad Company 2.
>>
>>384239018
Ah, so you're a 'muh TTK' scrub.

Why do I have the feeling you play demoknight as well?

GIT
U
D
>>
>>384234272
hello food
>>
*bing bing*

*1-UP*
>>
File: 250px-Blackbox.png (36KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Blackbox.png
36KB, 250x204px
>>384237454
>Rocket Jumping is too difficult and too risky!

Good thing they made this objectively overpowered piece of shit just for scrubs like you.
>>
>>384234272
>When you play as Sniper and you're the only one claiming the point and defending it
>>
>>384235059
no you don't want to simulate war,battlefield one for example would be sitting still in a trench for four years(verdun did this and look what a piece of shit that is)
>>
>>384239343
Verdun was actually a lot of fun before the devs decided that the Central Powers are the only side allowed to win anything.
>>
>>384239067
>>Can't counter with Spy
Spy's will often die in the progress
>>Cant counter with an uber
Forced to sit still waiting for it to happen, wow fun gameplay
>>Cant counter with rocket jumping of pipe jumping
Snipers should be protected so even if you are succesfull you will often still die
>>Cant counter with invuln scout
Snipers are protected look above
>>Cant counter with a flare fun
What? also those can acutally be dodged and a medic can heal off the burn.
>>Can't be counter with a DH soldier
Can be dodged no as reliable as having an other sniper take him down
>>Can't be counte with a crossbow medic
Having your medic reveal him self is a quick way to lose uber progress.
>>384239153
What an argument. If you must know my favourite calls is stock demo, he is objectively well designed with the only instakill mechanic that isnt retared (stickytraps cant be instantly set down and can be removed by pyro's or just a plain old shotgun).
>>384239282
The point is that snipers the easiest way to kill a sniper is an other sniper. Its the safest way to do it without getting attacked by the rest of the enemy team.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>Complains about Snipers being overpowered
>Is perfectly ok with this fucking abomination

Neo-/v/ is such a fucking joke.
>>
>>384234272
I just think that Sniper classes should be locked behind intense-difficulty missions you have to complete before you're allowed to play them, that way you have to either git gud or never touch the class

The shitter ratio is off the charts with classes like this, everyone wants to play it because they think they're good enough to even approach touching the high skill ceiling

They're not

And lord knows i aint either, but i prefer to clean up with heavy classes anyway so it works out
>>
>>384237454
>rocket jumping is harder than sniping
please leave
>>384239406
>stock demo
please leave
>>
>>384234272

>play RUST
>guy on top his base pops a bolt rifle shot off at me
>move erratically, looking for where he is
>find him, single shot AK at him
>kill him in 4 hits
>build up and grab his bolt

Even if he headshots you it isn't an instant kill, and as long as you can deal with the bullet drop it's easy to destroy them. RUST does sniping right.
>>
>>384237895
You can toss smokes from behind cover and some games have a supression mechanic. You can comunicate with your team and once you know when snipers are hiding ypu know what places to avoid, they almost never move.
>>
>>384239406
>Favorite class is stock Demo
>The class that takes the absolute least amount of skill to play effectively

And you just completely invalidated every fucking opinion you have about Teamfortress.

You want to be able to spam your shit with impunity, and not be punished in any way for it.

You're the very definition of unadaptable.
>>
File: madden_porn.jpg (54KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
madden_porn.jpg
54KB, 400x297px
>>384239517
Doesnt matter.

This kid will pick sniper every time either way. If you play sniper this is literally you
>>
>>384239535
>Making bolt rifles completely useless is good game design
>Making retard proof assault rifles laser like and recoilless is also good game design

Good job outing yourself as someone with zero aiming skill.
>>
>>384234272
I like snipers. They force people to learn the maps.
>>
>>384234272
Yeah, I never got why they insist on adding sniper weapons/classes.
From a realistic standpoint, except with games like ARMA, the maps are too small for a sniper, and realistic sniper play wouldn't be fun for either party.
From a gameplay standpoint, having a single extremely high damage weapon that actively encourages camping by it's very nature isn't a fun mechanic.
From a realistic perspective, the drawbacks of these weapons are typically never enough as players will run around no-scoping with them anyway.
And from a teamplay perspective, having one chucklefuck staring down his sights instead of pushing the cart/capturing the objective is a pretty shitty situation, and unless they are exceptional and the enemy team is dumb or not paying attention, the kills they get on the enemy trying to stop you or cap the point themselves won't make up for the numbers disadvantage.

>>384237671
Sums it up pretty well.
>>
>>384239491
I said stock demo, I dont play demo knight and I dont see anyone playing demo knight seriously. When did I even say I was ok with demoknight
>>384239520
>Sniping, point a click on a target (going for headshots isnt even allways the best option)
>Rocket jumping, requires knowledge of the maps, your health lost, your health upon landing, you have to learn airmovement and proper rocket positioning.
I almost think you are baiting
>>384239565
Demo has the lowest skill floor but a high skill cap, learning how to stickyjump into a stickeyjump or a pipe jump is way WAY harder then being able to rocket jump or POITING a dot on someone and pressing left mouse button. Learn the difference between skill floor and skill ceiling.
>>384239554
You actually have a good argument, in modern military shooters snipers are balanced because everything kills you really quickly anyways and there are often ways to snuff them out with grenades or to move from cover to cover with smokes.
>>
>>384239491
Airblast lmao
>>
>In movies every shouts get down when they hear a sniper shot
>Try it in game
>get headshot every time
What the heck??
>>
>>384234272
>not playing an agressive sniper
They were so nice in BC2 because it was an onehit kill up close, so you were stronk at any range
>>
>>384239941
>snipers should be stronger that slug round shotguns in every situation
NO
>>
>>384239998
Slugs were also amazing in BC2
>>
>>384237895
So the biggest problem with snipers is the lack of hard counters, and the only one is a mirror match?

Makes me wonder why classes that can call an airstrike without having to be on a killstreak or the like or use smoke to ruin the sniper's view arn't a more frequent addition.

Hell, why is the only class in TF2 that has anything close to a smoke grenade the sniper itself?
>>
>>384239886
>Det spam is high skill ceiling
>Pipe jumping is high skill ceiling
>Pill spamming from a safe corner is high skill ceiling
>Camping a sticky nest like the talentless cunt you are is high skill ceiling

I have several thousand hours in TF2. Demo takes the absolute least amount of skill. FFS, they can even detonate their stickies in midair for even easier kills.

You must be too new to remember the 'Demo takes skill' meme.

Here, let me remind you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLo5Nqo7w0w
>>
The problem with videogame sniping is that it is often way too easy, so its effectiveness becomes disproportionate. What games should do is make sniper a special kind of operative that only one or two people in a team can pick, then remove them from the actual map that others are playing in and have them scope in on that map from a much longer distance than games usually have you engage enemies at. On top of that, you'd have to simulate ballistics such as bullet drop and effects of wind on the round, while also requiring the player to estimate ranges with a rangefinder. I feel like this would be the way to balance the fact that he can kill you without fear of retaliation.

But perhaps more importantly, these snipers should be firing their weapon less than providing overwatch and intel to their team on-site. They should be the only ones capable of spotting enemies in a way that reveals their approximate location to the rest of the team.
>>
>>384239886
It doesn't think intricate knowledge of the game mechanics to rocket jump to where the sniper is stating and shooting him full of rockets
>>
>>384239998
A decent bolt rifle should absolutely be better in every area than slugs other than fire rate.

A 12 gauge slug is basically just a really slow .50bmg bullet without a jacket.

>>384240024
BC2 was fucking amazing in all areas. I didn't even mind how ridiculously OP'd medics could be. The game was just good old fashioned fun, even when you were losing.
>>
>>384240070
>>Pipe jumping is high skill ceiling
Yes it actually is or at least WAY WAY higher then sitting in a corner while your team protects you, pointing at enemys.
With demo direct hitting you enemys is harder then hitting and enemy directly with a sniper and its the only option you have in a 1v1 because shooting pipes past someone isnt going to kill him.
You are seriously saying that having to learn where you enemy is moving aiming ahead of them is somehow easier then hitting an enemy where they are right now. This shouldnt even be an argument its objective fact.
>>384240167
>It doesn't think intricate knowledge of the game mechanics to rocket jump
Yes it does, everything I just said is knowledge of game mechanics.
>>
>>384240192
Yeah, the game was just well done in about every area
>>
>>384240265
Pipe jumping in TF2 is a million fucking times easier than it was in Quakeworld TF.

Let me line it out for you.

Pipejumping in Quakeworld TF:
>Place sticky bomb
>Run over it
>Die
>Learn you have to use the weakest det pack to get a jump
>Set it for 5 seconds
>Get your timing perfect
>Land at target area with 5 hp

Pipe jumping in TF2:
>Place sticky
>Stand on it but one step in the direction you want to go
>Detonate it
>Land in target area with 30hp instead of practically none
>Spam the battlements with your pills, or airbursted stickies
>Claim what you just did took a great amount of skill
>Ragequit when the entire room starts laughing at you
>>
>>384240445
>30 HP Demo living for more than a second to do anything
Son...
>>
File: 1500208855687.jpg (14KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1500208855687.jpg
14KB, 288x288px
>>384237671
>mfw i don't know what corners, hallways, or corridors are
>mfw i don't know what cover is
>mfw i don't know how to play games
>>
>>384239926
I don't get it
>>
>>384240445
>Pipe jumping in TF2 is a million fucking times easier than it was in Quakeworld TF.
So what does that have anything to do with demoman being easier then snipers in tf2?
Buddy I am talking about tf2 here, in tf2 the demoman is way harder to master then the sniper. This isnt inherantly bad because the sniper has a higher skill floor.
You just pulled quake out of your ass and expect me to know that you are talking about that, sorry but I never played quake I liked playing RTS's back then.

This thread is about why snipers are cancer, they are cancer because the only easy way to kill them is with an other sniper.
>>384240634
So how do I play against a sniper if I am not a sniper? Duck and cover my way all the way to him untill I am in effective range and them take him down? That doesnt seem practical he would have a huge advantage, and even if I get there his team will protect him. What if the map doesnt have enough cover?
>>
File: 1360072247824.gif (2MB, 350x202px) Image search: [Google]
1360072247824.gif
2MB, 350x202px
>>384240265
Literally everything about Soldier and Demo was dumbed down to near fucktarded levels in TF2, including rocket jumping. Stop acting like either of those things takes more skill than being a good sniper.

Here, this is what rocket jumping USED to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZrRO5gRfAs
>>
>>384240764
>Demo is harder to master than Sniper

Dude, that's like saying Pyro is harder to master than Spy. You're a retard.
>>
>>384240445
>pipe jumping
>place sticky
Now you fucked up
>>
>>384240557
30 hp will take you a hell of a lot further in TF2 than 5hp will take you in Quake, you dumbshit.
>>
>>384240796
>Grab an old game out of you ass
>You played these old games so you know how to do it in TF2
>Start acting that rocket jumping and sticky jumping is somehow easy for a someone who hasnt played said old game and that sniping, something you havent done a lot in said old game, is harder then rocket jumping and stickey jumping even though rocket jumping and stickey jumping requirer way more knowledge and timing then poiting at someone and pressing mouse 1
I love how this argument devloved into "I played quake and its harder there then it is in tf2 now!"
>>
>>384240764
Rocket jumping is absolute fucking basic shit. A soldier that can't rocket jump is basically a sitting duck.
>>
>>384241042
>>384240796
>>384240445
>QUAKE QUAKE
>Argument was about tf2
So this is the power of sniper mains
>>
>>384240895
Oh forgive me, Lord of Semantics! I never meant to offend someone as royally important as you.

Did you even PLAY Quakeworld TF?

Or MegaTF?

Or the incredibly fucking insane BeyondmegaTF?
>>
>>384239491
>demoknight op
>force of nature
>any rockets to his feet as he charging
>airblast lol
>another demoknight or pills at his feet
>natacha
>huntsman

Wow, sure is hard to counter this
>>
>>384240796
>what rocket jumping USED to be
>it's just the same shit but with worse controls and slower
>>
>>384240764
>So how do I play against a sniper if I am not a sniper? Duck and cover my way all the way to him until I am in effective range and them take him down?
Yes?

I'm not sure what kind of advantage a sniper has if you are moving behind cover because he only has two options, not be able to shoot you and wait for you to get close to where you has a significant advantage. or he has to leave his spot and come over to you in which case its close range and you have an advantage again. if you, oh i don't know, try not to get shot by using cover then a sniper is pretty much fucked or not based on how well his team can defend
>>
>>384241092
Yes aiming is absolutely fucking basic, a sniper who cant aim is a sitting duck, o wait a soldier has to aim and rocket jump, AND his aim is about knowing where the enemy will be.
Hmmm?
>>
File: 2.png (242KB, 445x449px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
242KB, 445x449px
>>384234272
Not nearly as bad as forced sniping sections in single-player games
>>
>>384241206
>Carefully ignore the part where I told you that snipers are protected by teammates
>>
>>384241074
If you weren't a complete fucking moron, you'd know that the mechanics you love to champion as difficult aren't even a tenth as difficult as their progenitors were, whereas Sniper is pretty much exactly the same.

Putting the crosshair on the target and pressing mouse1 of course sounds simple on paper, but in practice it's way more difficult than you scrubs are willing to admit. Quadruple that difficulty if the enemy team is at all competent about keeping the snipers harassed.

I know that might be hard for you to grasp since you main demo.
>>
>tfw you play offensively with the sniper and often get the most kills
>faggot no aim pussies still cry about it
/v/eogaf is just bad at vidya
>>
>>384241171
>I don't know what grenade priming for higher jumping is, because my highly skilled game for skilled people doesn't even feature it

Once you learn how that stuff actually worked back in the day, you'll shut the fuck up.
>>
Sniper in theory is pretty simple. All you have to do is click on heads. The problem with that is that most people can't grasp the fact that consistent aim is objectively difficult. Tracking accurately is difficult.

The Lightning Gun and Rail Gun are effectively the most powerful weapons in the game. But they fact that they require consistent aim and accurate tracking means that not even the top professional players rely on them too heavily. They both seem simple to use on paper: just click on the guy for instant, massive damage at any range; just hold the cursor over the guy to sap away all his health in a second.

Even though pros know they can aim, they know even their aim isn't reliable enough to use these weapons exclusively. They know accurate tracking is hard. They know predicting where an enemy will be at any given second, even if you're looking right at him is hard.

Sniper sounds easy, but that's where it ends. Consistent, accurate sniping is difficult. Fullstop.
>>
>>384241331
They're all too young to have even played TFC let alone OG TF.

They'll never understand how simplified and non-skill oriented TF2 is.

And I'm not even trying to say that's a bad thing. Just don't act like what TF2 requires of people is even remotely on the same level as the original.
>>
>>384241307
>If you weren't a complete fucking moron, you'd know that the mechanics you love to champion as difficult aren't even a tenth as difficult as their progenitors were, whereas Sniper is pretty much exactly the same
Yes but sniper is still easier because a sniper doesnt have to predict where the enemy is going, doesnt have even have advanced movement mechanics and his important targets, medics, engies, heavys. are on the ground and usually quite slow.
You keep going on about how hard quake was but you keep forgetting that we are talking about tf2 and even if rocket jumping was harder in quake that doesnt mean that rocket jumping in tf2 is easier then sniping in tf2.
>>
>People start comparing games
Woah what a logical thing to do
>>
>>384241419
Holy shit quakebaby learned what timing is and now shits all over the board with his elitism, those mechanics are not even hard to learn, older games still have worse controls. Who fucking cares if the result is the same anyway.
>>
File: 177499022.jpg (36KB, 490x397px) Image search: [Google]
177499022.jpg
36KB, 490x397px
>>384241692
One of the oldest memes on this site, and it's still as relevant today as it was in 2006.
>>
>>384241549
>muh concs
Get with the times grandpa
>>
>>384241553
Snipers absolutely have to have prediction skills. 2fort is easy to snipe on but have you tried Well or literally any other map than 2fort?

I'm beginning to think all you demo babies whining about snipers simply haven't played on any of the maps where they don't have an advantage of positioning.

And I'm talking about the ORIGINAL teamfortress you fucking retard. Did you think TF started as a half-life mod or something? Because it most certainly didn't.
>>
>>384241791
I miss the gas grenade spam more than anything.

Oh, and dirty needles. Could you imagine how much crying there would be if medics in TF2 had their hepatitis spikes?
>>
>>384234272
>he's literally listed as "support"
>he's not supposed to go for the objective
>also huntsman exists which instantly turns him into offensive
>>
He only game where i have trouble handling snipers is in insurgency. Mostly due to the team refusing to work together. But when they do snipers instantly become a non threat.
>>
>>384241935
>Started talking about a different game when I was talking about tf2
Why would you do that?
Snipers need to predict enemys just as much as any hitscan does, you are saying that corner peaking is the pinnacle of skill compared to rocket jumping or stickey jumping wich requires way more mechanical know how, even if it isnt what it used to be. A projectile weapons MUST predict an enemy, for a sniper its a usefull skill to have while corner peaking, sure it helps in 1v1's againt other snipers because the sniper who is better at it will win. But it is cancer when its a 1v1 of a sniper vs any other class, because sniper with his instakill hitscan endless range weapon who only needs to sit still while his team protects. Has an major advantage over a Soldier or Demo trying to jump their way inside.
>>
>>384242125
I don't know how people can stand Insurgency at all when it has easily the worst hit registration I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1361975245341.gif (767KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1361975245341.gif
767KB, 500x282px
>>384242205
So you've never played a map other than 2fort.

Yet you'll still try to pretend you know more about the game than I do.

Pic very related.
>>
>>384234272
Snipers are only shit because they're a scrub magnet. Everybody wants to be that super cool bad ass who can OHKO people from a distance, but nobody is ever fucking good at it. Every game with Snipers is bound to suffer from wannabe hot shot shitters who can't hit shots and end up being dead weight. If you can't fucking aim, don't pick sniper you faggots.
>>
>>384242205
>1v1 a sniper at long range
What the fuck are you doing
>>
>>384242327
>Any of this being an example or argument
Wow I wish I was as good as the guy who thinks aiming and predicting is harder then aiming, and rocket jumping and predicting while fight multiple enemys at the same time.
>>
>>384235308
>lucky instakills is such a retarded mechanic

If you're aiming at the head and you fire, it's not luck.

>>384235186
>>384238942
>The biggest issue surrounding the class is clearly the skill ceiling being too high.

This is the problem with people flocking to sniper classes, they always assume it's the most skillful thing you can do in an FPS. In a lot of FPS games sniping isn't that hard. In CS it takes a lot more skill to kill with an automatic weapon at range than it does with an AWP, in CoD it's only marginally more difficult than spamming someone down with an automatic, in TF2 it's about on par with solider and scout playing at high level. I can still remember retarded pubstars in CSS who would play on 32 man dust2 servers on the CT side and would camp the B platform facing tunnels picking off all the terrible terrorist players who try to peak and push with P90s and AKs thinking that they were some supreme player for being able to hit targets in a tiny hallway, shit was always autism.

Also the whole "lol hitscan takes no skill" retards are probably people who never played Quake 3 extensively. Most the guns in Quake 3 were hitscan and landing consistent rails on fast moving targets is just as hard as hitting them with decent rockets.
>>
>>384242397
Sorry that I cant teleport past the a cokepoint, I'll just wait untill my medic builds up uber so I can push, its just so boring to wait untill its ready though, if only that sniper wasnt in the game so I could be having action right now.
>>
The only things wrong with sniper are the people who play as him, sniper can be a fucking useful class if you play him right, you're not supposed to stay in one place the whole game. The people who line up as snipers on 2fort battlements are cancer, not the whole class.
>>
>>384242458
Because snipers never ever have to fight more than one person at a time.

They never ever have explosives, flares and shotgun pellets spammed at them from range either.

Nope, sniping is always perfect all the time, and only soldiers and demos know what it means to be skilled.

Funny how BOTH soldiers and demos have weapons that will heal them without any effort too.

But those damned OP'd snipers, amirite?
>>
>>384242125
How to fuck snipers in insu:
>get chect carrier
>get smokes on both slots
>(optional) pick grenadier and smoke underbarrel launcher
>use hand nades to cover route you're taking
>use launcher nades by peeking out of cover for half a second and shooting at potential snipe spots
>>
>>384242206
You're just shooting all over the room
>>
File: 1440565471064.gif (4MB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1440565471064.gif
4MB, 400x299px
>>384242458
>muh splash damage spam takes more skill than having precision aim
Holy fucking shit are you retarded.
>>
>>384239067
Snipers in BC2 sucked dick. 50 damage to the torso at range for the bolts was pathetic, and I'm pretty sure the semi automatic ones had lower DPS and more recoil than most of the automatic rifles. The Abakan itself pretty much shitted all over every sniper that wasn't the VSS, and the VSS had 3 mags to it.

>>384241549
It is annoying how /v/ claims TF2 is the pinnacle of FPS, and it's only because it's the most popular FPS game on /v/.

I remember all those threads comparing TF2 to chess and saying Halo 3 was checkers, shit's pathetic considering how shallow normal pub TF2 is and how 95% of /v/ only ever played that.
>>
>>384242639
Wow its almost like you should be standing next to your team while fighting together like a TEAM (fortress), luckely the enemy team doesnt have a sniper so mine has a strict advantage due to the fact that I can instakill one shot someone at any time as long as my aim is good enough. And if they do have a sniper the two of us must kill each other first before we can safely fight something else making my only counter my self. Or the enemy has to sit around waiting for uber wich is boring but its fair because now I get to play my favourite class, the one that slows down the game to a grind and who's onlys awnser is it self!
>>
>>384242793
Yes, because putting the sights of a FAL directly on someones head, squeezing off three rounds, watching the particle effect, then dying to return fire as it's done zero damage is a fault of my inability to aim.

Insurgency is just a poorly coded game, yo. Other than that, it's fine.
>>
>>384242547
>if it weren't for those pesky enemy player we would already win!
>>
>>384242807
>Spam
>Implying that isnt just a cutch for new players.
Direct hits with pipes or rockets are harder then direct hits with hitscan weapons.
>>
>>384242847
>Not playing BC2 exclusively on HC mode

Normal mode is for chumps that didn't want to learn proper maneuver warfare tactics and needed dorito markers to see anyone at all.
>>
>>384242934
>If only that pesky sniper wasnt in the game so I could be having fun!
>>
>>384237895
Sniper has 2-3 counters you fucking imbecile, just flank him.
The entire point of snipers is to make the straight pathways not a racetrack. Pick a backroute and sneak up on them instead. Spy, scout and pyro can all take out a whole snipernest solo.
>>
>>384242882
How many times do you have to be told that there's several ways to counter a sniper other than sending out another sniper?

You clearly only play 2fort, and you clearly only play demo, so why the fuck should anyone listen to your opinion?
>>
Playing a sniper in the original Crysis multiplayer was the best fun I've had with any game
>>
>>384242974
How come all of you idiots ignore the fact that the sniper has to hit the smallest target in the game to get his dreaded OHKO? A target that moves at differing speeds, in variable directions and can shoot back with a multitude of weapons?

I'm not even trying to say sniper is the hardest class in the game, but fuck you if you think the TF2 version of rocket/sticky jumping is a more difficult skill to master than consistent head clicking.
>>
>>384243031
>If only I knew how to play I wouldn't get fucked by the easiest class in the game
>>
>>384243064
>Sniper has 2-3 counters you fucking imbecile, just flank him.
One of those is sniper him self, the others are classes that will have to get close to your team and therefore are at a way greater risk to counter you then if they would have just picked an other sniper to counter you.
>Just flank him.
This isnt allways an option. Earlier in this thread I said that sniper is an OP situational pick that forces the enemy to do the same. Situation being a keyword. If every map was open then sniper would be fine, but some maps have coke points wich makes him so retaredly good that he is basically a must pick.
>>
>>384243104
Crysis MP is legitimately the only MP where you HAD to cheat to play it at all.

It was fucking miserable and fuck you for even reminding me of it.
>>
File: 921.jpg (340KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
921.jpg
340KB, 1024x768px
>>384235386
>>384237073
>>384242205
>>384242473
>>384242974
Post games with non-hitscan snipers.

It's nice when the muzzle velocity matters. Then there's the damage drop off and gravity compensation.
>>
>>384242983
Hardcore mode is easy mode, it's the easy mode in every single FPS it's included in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYZ2CVzt-o

I remember playing hardcore in CoD4 and seeing how the deagle and the semi automatic G3 were 1 shot kills to any part of the body, shit was laughable.

>>384242974
Rockets and pipes have bigger hitboxes than the snipers "bullet". They also do splash damage and they don't have to hit the head, so they're balanced around their travle time.

The people trying to argue that hitscan takes no skill are the same people who argue that console FPS takes more skill because it's harder to aim.
>>
>>384242901
FAL has such a kick that if you aim at the head only one of those 3 bullets has a chance of hitting something. This isn't CS, aim dor the center of mass instead, unless you're using shotguns since they're garbage.
I really don't see any unregistered hits when I snipe
>>
>>384243207
Or you could just bodyshot the medic.
The fact that there is a sniper forces your team to turtle and wait untill your sniper killed him or your medic has uber and can push through. Snipers forces boring gameplay and that is why he is cancer.
>>
>>384243269
Maybe you shouldn't be running down the choke point as Heavy then? Literally take a backroute, theres at least two in every map.
>Oh no I have to get up close with the close range characters
Why are you even playing the game at this point? Snipers are canon fodder that dies faster than almost every other class AND they have no defense against someone peeking around the corner they're hiding behind.
Maybe you just need to git gud.
>>
>>384236249
w-wat comic?
>>
>>384243324
Rockets and pipes also have an effective range, while snipers can be used at any range.
>>
>>384243328
I slow fired all three shots dude. I know the difference between poor shot placement and faulty hit registration. This happens constantly in the game too, but since the graphics are dated and the game is so unforgiving, most people can't even tell what's going on.

It's fine if you like Insurgency, but I'm telling you straight up, it's not a well built game.
>>
>>384234272

BLOODY FRUITSHOP OWNERS
>>
>>384243387
>another 'I've only ever played 2fort' scrub

Sniping doesn't force turtling. Your team and you being absolutely shit at your roles is what is forcing the turtle.

If sniper doesn't have an easy route to a dependable position (2fort) then he has a much more difficult time than you want to give him credit for.
>>
>>384243430
So then your team either has to split up or you have to stand at the other choke point. Your team having to split up is basically the only good choice but it doesnt really matter because the enemy sniper should either be 1v1'ing your sniper. Or you try to go in and assasinate him but his team is defending him so you basically stand no chance. Or the attacking team attacks from both sides but that is still waiting for the an uber.
>>
>>384243671
You are saying that there arent any maps like upward/ other payload maps where snipers can just sit up an balcony and shoot down with basically now way to fight back besides picking an other sniper?
>>
>>384243471
Well yeah, that's the advantage of a sniper rifle. It's supposed to be a weapon that has an advantage at range and a disadvantage up close.

Really, this is the main issue as to why people dislike snipers. They get a huge advantage while at range and at times you might not even be able to fight back if you stumble into their sights. It's probably the hardest thing to balance in an FPS game honestly.

Also fuck Halo 2 and 3 snipers, they're so laughably OP in that game.
>>
>>384243721
>the sniper should be forced into only dueling other snipers!
>this is a good game design guys! It's not fair if someone can put a stop to me spamming grenades on the capture point/battlements from a distance!

This thread is pretty much proof positive that demos have been and always will be the true cancer in TF2.

You fuckers refuse to learn new things, and then have the temerity to tell us oldschool TF veterans that what you do takes a high degree of skill.
>>
>>384243721
>I have to put thought into this teamwork-focused game? Fuck
>Shit instead of going underground I stepped outside and got sniped
>Better do it again, and again, and again
It's almost as if he fits a specific role like everyone else, and has specific ways to counter him like everyone else.
>>
>>384241170
>huntsman

what does huntsman possibly counter on demoknight? the taunt kill?
>>
>>384243812
>the one guy who's playing sniper on payload killed me a cpl times
>OMG snipers are so OP'd! I was at 50 and 0 while spamming nades from behind a wall when that sniper shot me from his perch!
>Ignores that the same sniper was flanked by a scout and instantly killed

I'm saying that if you think ANY map (even 2fort) doesn't have MULTIPLE ways for you to easily counter snipers, then you are fucking garbage at TF2.

But you only play demo, so we all already know that you're absolutely garbage at TF2.
>>
>>384243873
If the your sniper isnt paying attation to the other sniper then he is going to get headshot and then the enemy team can push in.
You also act like demo is really hard to fight because he spams pipes even though spamming pipes is basically the easiest way to get killed as a demo because the enemy can you wait out your spam untill you have no ammo left and kill you.
>>384243869
This guy knows what's up. Half of the time you cant fight back against a sniper because he out ranges you.
>>
>>384237895
> implying snipers can't be flanked by any other class
>>
>>384244116
>easily counter snipers
You mean walking onto the enemy balcony where the enemy team is is easy. From now on every time you make an argument I want you to remember that if the enemy team is any good they are protecting the sniper.
>>
>>384244129
>He outranges you
I feel like you're being ironic at this point, snipers aren't all-seeing gods. Just stay hidden and kill him when he's not looking, the game doesn't have a minimap telling you about dangers around you.
>>
What's the best thing one can do with 3 ref nowadays?
>>
>>384244330
How are you going to do that if his team is defending him unless you are also a long range class? You wait for uber. Point is that if sniper wasnt in the game the game would be constant action but a sniper forces waiting.
>>
>>384244294
Nobody ever fucking protects the sniper unless it's a medic charging his uber or an engy that wants to troll flankers. Both of which ALSO have ways of being countered.

You have what, 30 hours in the game so far? 40?

Come talk to me when you break 3000.
>>
>>384244087
taunt and pretty much the straight line the demos are charging in (unless they are using the tide turner). Easy headshots.
>>
>>384244129
>This guy knows what's up. Half of the time you cant fight back against a sniper because he out ranges you.

You just need a well balanced game where all weapons can kill at range, and a game with well balanced maps. Snipers in CS are strong but have never really been OP. The sniper in R6 Siege sucks because every single non shotgun weapon kills in 1 hit to the head in that game, making the semi auto sniper shit
>>
>>384244482
>How are you going to do that if his team is defending him
By ignoring him and going one of the 4 different routes a sniper isn't looking down, anon. Killing the sniper isn't the main objective of the game, and chances are (unless he's got aimbot) their team WON'T be defending him outside a Pyro or Engie. Play the objective.
>>
>>384237073
Huntsman spam is no better than the Sniper Rifle, at least with hitscan you knew the person aimed at you.
>>
>>384244527
>Nobody ever fucking protects the sniper
Good to see you are actually a low level player. 2000 hours on idle servers doesnt count buddy, just deal with the fact that if teams are on an equall level and know what to do that snipers are pure cancer.
Bye my angry little man.
>>
>>384235412
It also had risk to using it since it had a long recovery time after each shot to compensate for high burst damage, so you had to be on the move to avoid retaliation.

Nowadays sniper rifle classes encourage you to sit in one spot since FPS are so slow that it doesn't matter if it has a low firing rate, and since all other weapons have artificially limited range most of the time snipers can just sit back and get risk-free kills, which leads to teams full of no-skill faggots sitting back and getting two kills the entire game and never contributing to the objective.
>>
>>384244482
>crits
>ubers
>a metric fuckton of spam weapons that can easily reach most sniper positions
>cloak and dagger + ambassador spies
>tomislav harassment
>flare guns
>the fucking SCORCHSHOT
>fucking Crusader's Crossbow
>the DIRECT HIT

Sniper's don't force waiting. They force you to learn the fucking class and what hurts it. Something you steadfastly refuse to do because you're deluded enough to think that demo actually requires skill.

What other brilliant piece of information do you feel like sharing with us? You gonna tell us that Backburner pyro takes more skill than a sniper next?
>>
>>384244730
>Wahh I don't know how to deal with a sniper
>They're so op!
You're literally the only one who has a problem here, git gud or fuck off.
>>
>>384239491
I think if explosions would destroy stickies he'd actually be okay to put a limit of 2
>>
It's easy to put down a whole team of snipers with a good spy.
>>
>>384244730
>People using sniper at all in high level play

You ever wondered why so many top-tier games are just heavies and medics smashing into eachother while everyone else spams explosives? Then screams about engineers being overpowered?

Because it requires so much SKILL.
>>
>>384234562
Not all threads get archived
>>
>>384244731
>BAWWWWWWWW!!!! Why won't people just LET me kill them!
>I'm so skilled at the game you guys that anything remotely challenging is too easy for me! You better remove it!

If you were truly any good at the game, then you'd welcome it when the enemy has too many snipers.
>>
>>384241419
>Place Sticky
>Charge a loose cannon
>Time this so both go off at the same time
Yeah not the same at all

Also fucking lol using a jump map as if anything you use there would ever be used in an actual game.
>>
>>384245282
>never used in an actual game

I'd love to see you whiners last 5 fucking seconds in a proper OTF match.

If you think ANYTHING in TF2 is hard to counter, than QTF would make your fucking head explode.
>>
>>384245402
Does TFC count?
>>
>>384245181
You are literally retarded.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (218KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
218KB, 1680x1050px
What do you do for example when there is a good sniper right in the back here?
>>
File: 1494127026995.gif (82KB, 354x321px) Image search: [Google]
1494127026995.gif
82KB, 354x321px
>>384234272
>sniper
>hitscan
>point and click to win
>>
>>384241260
Sniping sections can be fun. Turret sections however never are
>>
>>384245798
I play on a map that isn't shit.
>>
>>384245798
Just rush like a champ and pray that he never aims for me.
Or sneak out to the back and ambush him.
Sniper's not even the main problem here. The problem is all the other faggots that are vying to kill me.
>>
>>384235308
>lucky instakills are retarded
and for some reason you're complaining about snipers instead of random crits
>>
>>384245798
>You can spam over the shed with nades as Demo
>You can go for a wall jump to pogo to come in fast as Soldier
Basically use the shed for cover.
>>
>>384244294

Use the sewers if snipers are too hard for your dumb ass.
>>
>>384234272
snipers are only good in games like red orchestra, there's only 1-2 of them and all they're good for is taking out MGs
>>
>>384246229

Wow, your snipers must suck if you don't use them to lock down entire sectors.

Alternatively, your MGs must suck if they let themselves get killed by fucking snipers.
>>
>>384243453
>>384236249

just look up kangaroo on n-hentai
>>
Who the fuck thought it's a good idea to let sniper bodyshot for 150 damage?
>>
>>384246550
The same people who made headshots work on a crit modifier.
>>
>>384245798
The default maps in TF2 really are shit, there's a good reason professional players made their own maps for the game to work.

Really, default map TF2 plays fairly similar to Overwatch. Chokepoint spam followed by pushes lead by ubers/ults. I enjoyed TF2 a lot more than I enjoyed OW, but there's no denying that the casual matches play out in a similar fashion.

>>384246550
People bitching about getting body shotted by a sniper in TF2 is honestly the funniest shit to me. No other fucking community does this, unsure why.
>>
>>384234272

What games besides battle field even have a distance of 500m in a map? Let alone have a line of site that long?
>>
>>384235431
>Increases the skill cap
Tell me again how this is a bad thing? The point is to weed out people who are terrible in order for games to reward better players for the work and time they spend looking at terrain advantages, knowing positioning, and being accurate.
>>
>>384238809
>factually
>>
File: 60778653_p0.jpg (168KB, 432x529px) Image search: [Google]
60778653_p0.jpg
168KB, 432x529px
>>384235431
>Not having snipers just increases the skill cap because now people have to learn how to position without it being obvious where they should be.
What the fuck is this shit explanation
>>
>>384243314
>Games with non-hitscan snipers.
Games with non hitscan snipers? I'm not a battlefield or TRIPAHL AEE shooter player, however I remember seeing people have to look at a wind gauge and distance model (while scoped in) for way more than 1 online shooter. Then there's Sniper Elite which is basically that mechanic: the game. Any (multiplayer) games where the ranged weapons are bows technically have to deal with the "sniper" being non hitscan.

Doesn't ARMA have bullet drop off? Not sure I'm naming the right game though.
>>
>>384234272
STANDIN AROUND LIKE A BLOODY IDIOT!
>>
>>384244978
?
sniper is the most important class in top level highlander. Medics literally pocket the snipers.
>>
>>384239535
>headshots shouldn't kill people
No skill: The post
>>
>>384247721
>Highlander
That's a good laugh
>>
>>384247841
Headshots weren't a thing in Quake Live, the objective best multiplayer shooter for competitive play ever created.
>>
File: ro2 95% camouflage index.webm (3MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
ro2 95% camouflage index.webm
3MB, 450x253px
>>384243314
Red orchestra games have really well balanced snipers. Aim is difficult because of scope sway and suppression, there's travel time/bullet drop, you have to actively look for MGs and officers to be effective, good positions are few and far between, and any skilled rifleman can outsnipe you if they figure out where you are.
>>
>>384248119
Because Quake is too fast paced for it to matter
>>
>>384234272
>players have to suffer because the game developer wants it to be fair for people on dialup or living in brazil
this is when sniping is shit.
>>
File: 250px-Batsaber[1].png (32KB, 250x336px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Batsaber[1].png
32KB, 250x336px
Nothing more satisfying than running up to a sniper and bashing his face in
>>
>>384234272
in team games i fucking hate snipers because then if the other team has a sniper then of course your team must have one and just turns it into a big shitfest
>>
>>384234272
I think that anyone who picks any sniper class should be left out of any and all communications in-game to give them a weakness
>>
so back when tf2 was a logically designed game, if the enemy was pushing with something like 2 medics, 3 soldiers, and two heavies, you couldn't actually counter it unless you had a sniper. Obviously retarded noobs would play the class too much, but at least in golden age tf2 snipers were necessary because otherwise the heavier classes would steamroll everyone else. So really they made support classes viable.
>>
>>384234272
>What are scouts and spies?
Theres a solution if you dislike snipers.
>>
>>384243314
Titanfall 2 has a projectile based sniper.

If you get killed by it, you got outskilled, basically.
>>
>>384245539
see
>>384241767
>>
>>384237454
You sound god awful at the game.
>>
>>384248938
>snipers are bad because they're a no-skill class with no impact on the game and dead weight
>HURR STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT GETTING KILLED BY SNIPERS
>>
>ITT: Edgy sniper mains become defensive because they can't admit they are bad at vidya
>>
>>384249458
>>384250992
>snipers take 0 skill but I would never play one and dominate the field because that would be dishonorable

Snipers ain't even that good in most vidya. There's a reason TF2 pro teams don't have mostly snipers, and that CS pro teams don't have 3 to 4 AWPers.
>>
>>384242983
Hardcore mode is for faggots that can't aim.
>>
File: spy.jpg (60KB, 361x680px) Image search: [Google]
spy.jpg
60KB, 361x680px
>>384234272
>*turns invisible*
>*disappears for 13 years*
>*reappears and backstabs you while my team lost the point*
Was there ever any doubt?
>>
>>384251248
>I am literally incapable of forming an argument without resorting to a strawman
Snipers take little skill but I would never play one and dominate the field because they're often far too weak to have any real effect on the game and are a waste of a team slot.
>>
>>384251248
>snipers are bad because they're a no-skill class with no impact on the game and dead weight
>HURR STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING BAD AT SNIPING
>>
As much as I fucking hate it, snipers break stalemates by forcing deaths. This is why there must always be a sniper. >>384234272
>>
>>384251697
>>384251740
What makes snipers no skill? Also no, being hitscan =/= low skill. Landing consistent rails in Quake 3 is just as hard, if not harder than hitting rockets. Projectile weapons almost always have a sizeable hitbox and a splash damage to compensate for the lack of speed behind them.
>>
>>384234272
>ignore ways of handling certain class to call it invincible
If you want to just ignore ways of not being a shitter. You can call any class invincible. How about you actually think for a second and stop being shit.
>>
>>384252330
>implying most modern games are like quake
That's different since everyone moves so much faster and in a fairly unpredictable manner. You can't say the same in a standard FPS, everyone's so slow everything may as well be hitscan
>>
>>384252951
>everyone's so slow everything may as well be hitscan
So then why argue and compare hitscan vs projectile?
>>
>>384234272
Yet I still think he's less cancer than Soldier in TF2
>>
is there a name for games where its only one class?
instead of 1 class vs another class
Im sick and tired of going sniper vs demo or scouts vs medics
>>
>>384252951
You want to give examples of sniping being brainless then? Even in CS the AWP is strong and generally easier to use than a lot of the automatics, but it has a lot of drawbacks. The cost of it means you fuck your finances up if you buy one and die instantly, and the down time between shots means that if you're in a situation were multiple enemies push you you're going to have a rough time dealing with it (there's a good reason people buy autos instead of AWPs to stop B rushes).

Really, saying sniping is no-skill is like saying aiming as a whole takes no skill.
>>
>>384244717
Problem with Cuntsman is fuckhueg collision model.
>>
>>384240070
You're retarded.
>>
>>384234272
I agree completely
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.