[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm good enough to judge botw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0402.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
It was lackluster. Sort of like what final fantasy 13 or 15 was to their respective series. I collected all 900 seeds and ran 120 shrines. The world itself was bland as hell, vanilla world of Warcraft had a better designed and more unique world than botw. The game felt like an extended tech demo for a much better game coming down the line. It was hampered with little to no variety, tedium, and excessive repetition. Things like enemy scaling didn't help either and this isn't even figuring in the controversial weapon system. Those 10 out of 10 reviews were full of shit
>>
ok
>>
>>384231641
So you have shit taste. Good to know
>>
wtf are those game boy cases
>>
>>384231884
Repurposed do and 3ds cases. The 3ds ones are big enough to properly hold original game boy games. The ds ones hold gba games.
>>
>>384231641
If you got all 900 korok seeds you probably used a guide, which means you probably did it wrong.
>>
>>384232085
Wow what a weak excuse. Do you realize that the original Zelda came with a map itself? Using maps is a series staple.
>>
>>384231641
No original Link's Awakening. Anon thinks we care about his ignorant opinion.

Where is a Link to the past?
>>
>>384231641
but why can't other people judge the game for themselves dumbo?
>>
>>384232229
Link to the past is under the ce of OOT in the black snes box and i have the gba version too
>>
>>384232207
A guide and a map are different things.
What I liked about about botw, and what I understand a lot of other people liked, was the travelling itself, you set a marker for where you wanted to go and then on the way there you might see something that caught your eye, wander off for a bit and end up doing a sidequest before getting back on track to where you were going.
If you were following a guide and just checking off things to do from a list you'd been given you lose that big part of why the game is great.
>>
>>384231641
>I collected all 900 seeds
Stopped reading here
People who think the game wants you to collect al that shit are retarded.
The overwhelming amount of them is for density. Whatever route you wanna take to finish the game you are sure to find enough seeds to upgrade your inventory.
Stop wasting time searching all seeds, you are only making yourself hate the game
>>
>>384232415
Traveling was shit stamina meter combined with how crippled the horse calling system was made it near useless. XcX had a better exploration system
>>
>>384232378
>in the black snes box
That's what I thought.
>>
>>384232510
This
>>384231641
If you play BotW like a shit collectathon, it's gonna be a shit collectathon
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
>>384231641
>>
>>384232567
How did the stamina meter impede exploration in any way?
>>
>>384232689
Your argument is that you need to ignore 60% of the game in order to view it in a positive light. Because that's how much a % the korok seeds and shrines are. If you need to do that then there are clear and visible flaws with the game.
>>
>>384232946
If you care so much more about completionist garbage than actually having fun discovering all the neat locations and enjoying all the minor details then obviously you're going to hate it
>>
>>384232946
It's only 60% on the game if you spend 60% of your time doing it.

That is to say, the number of korok seeds and shrines aren't there to all be found, they're there so that no matter what route you meander through the game there will always be something for you to find.
>>
>>384232942
It depletes heavily if your on a flat position instead of and angle. The highest peaks in the game can be a real pain in the ass. And in a game with a huge crafting system the fact that you can't make a portable cooking pot to create the huge stamina boosting meals on the fly was a real pain. That and they didn't implement the no fall damage that XcX had
>>
>>384233135
Are you retarded?
>>
>>384233096
No it's 60% of the game, if you just do the bare minimum main quest that's less than 10% of the game on the completion meter
>>
>>384233135
If you were struggling to climb up something, perhaps there was another way up, like using an item you get that makes things float, or a power you get that launches you in the air.
Or you could have left a marker there and come back when you had effectively prepared.
Also how the fuck did you ever take fall damage you have a glider that insta-cancels that.
>>
STOP
CRITICIZING
NINTENDO
>>
>>384233053
But in other games discovering varied, neat, unique locations gives more reward than just
>its purdy imo

Give me a tangible reward in item, stat/skill/whatever progression, or even a fucking bare bones story. Pathetic when it can't even use a Skinner Box simple mechanic.
>>
>>384231641
>"the game was shit, I spent hundreds of hours doing everything there was to do"

Ok
>>
>>384233247
Yeah the glider doesn't cancel fall damage if you're fighting the lynels on the frozen peaks and they knock you off
>>
>>384233231
You know you have to play the ng+ several times to get all the unique items in Dark Souls?
Here's the trick though, you don't have to get all the unique items if you don't want to.
Apparently you play games to 100% them or any% speedrun them, have you considered the fact there may be a third way?
>>
File: eh.png (682KB, 1273x727px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
682KB, 1273x727px
>>384233364
>play game a couple hours, don't like it
>/v/ rages about how you didn't get into the game or experience it enough to make a valid criticism
>play game extensively, realize it is a time sink, make criticism
>kek, you played a game for dozens of hours that you hated, so you're lying.
>>
>>384233364
What's the acceptable time window for BotW criticism? 23h40m-25h12m?
>>
>>384233406
So not only have you spent hours getting every collectible there is to get in the game, you're also bad at it.
>>
>>384233446
>there may be a third way?
like, not playing FarCry clones made for toddlers?
>>
>>384233519
You have to have spent exactly 27 hours and done 3 of the divine beasts but not the 4th but still had a crack at ganon (the divine beast you missed was the really good one though)
>>
>>384233524
I don't understand how I could be bad at it when I cleared every challenge the game put in my path
>>
I don't give a shit if it felt like a "tech demo", because most of my favorite games are (Yume Nikki, GTA IV, Super Mario 64) It was a fantastic game and the best I have played this entire decade.
This game actually brings new and interesting stuff to the open world genre, and is an example of how to do open world right (unlike FFXV and MGSV). And Zelda especially was the perfect game to do this with. This is a really interesting way to return to its roots.
>>384233135
This is just retarded. This game gives you complete freedom if you put the effort in for complete freedom. Letting the player do absolutely anything in the world and get anywhere without any challenge is retarded game design.
>>
File: IMG_0688.png (660KB, 709x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688.png
660KB, 709x462px
>collected all seeds

You realize you're an actual retard right OP?
>>
>>384233592
Yes, it seems like not playing the game at all would have been the best solution for you.
>>
>>384231641
I played (did not finish) maybe two Zelda games.
BoTW is great game, fuck you Zelda fanboys
>>
>>384233639
Actually the game doesn't give complete freedom. I found it very restrictive when compared to series like elder scrolls, witcher, or XEnoblade
>>
>>384233659
>let's devote resources and time to putting useless or unfinished shit in our game instead of making a slightly better story or weapon damage system, or more varied enemies.
At least Prey had a decent excuse for O2 canisters.
>>
>>384233661
That's the best solution for most, actually.

Nintendo games are generally made for rabid Nintendo cultists.
>>
>>384233639
Not a shill btw, I'm a regular fourchanner.
>>
>>384234073
I guess I mean I've been playing Zelda since the nes days and to be told
Now that collecting everything in a Zelda game is wrong seems rather off. Especially since Nintendo power had dedicated walk throughs showing where all previous Zelda titles' items were located. I guess the Nintendo fandom has changed
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.