[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the DS old enough to feel nostalgia over? I remember being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (147KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
147KB, 500x412px
Is the DS old enough to feel nostalgia over? I remember being 14 when I got the Mario 64 DS port and reading about Pokemon mystery Dungeon. IIRC I had gotten the golden Zelda DS light with Phantom hourglass bundled. I feel like utter shit I didn't properly take care of it...
>>
>>384228524
browsers inside story/pmd explorers of sky/pokemon platinum got me through middle school
i still play gba games on it sometimes since those don't work on 3ds
>>
>2004
Yes, I'd say that's plenty old.
>>
>>384229000
The DS isn't 13 years old, fuck off.
>>
File: file.png (88KB, 249x558px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
88KB, 249x558px
>>384229101
I don't know what to tell you, anon.
>>
>>384229101
You're right, it's only a few months away though.
>>
people were feeling nostalgia for the ps1/n64 during the ps2/gc era, so it's not that far off
>>
>>384229513
Don't forget, you're talking about console generations. However the DS was around the time of Wii, so it's actually been out for over 2 whole generations since then.
>>
Remember?
>action replay'ed my Pokemon Diamond to give me all the Poketech apps
>trio hunting after church group while I waited for my dad
>farmed berries every day after weight lifting class
>went in and out of the underground 20 times with my bro's DS just to get Spiritomb
>remembered getting caught playing download play Mario Kart in my friend's tent during Boy Scout camping trip and we all got our DS taken the weekend
>played Kingdom Hearts 358/2 and Zelda Spirit Tracks in 11th grade history because I sat in the absolute back row
>borrowed Explorers of Time from a friend and played it non stop for about 2 weeks
>Every camping trip, me and friends would play Advance Wars: Dual Strike 4p on the way over
>when Days of Ruin came out we all jumped on that too
>Pokemon White revitalized my love for the series and was the most fun I ever had with Pokemon
>friends all had small time meta and would do friendly tournaments, group size about 12 total
>I started IV breeding and EV training then
>was disappointed in both the Diddy Kong and Mario 64 ports, but played them both past 100% anyway
>had special Pikachu course for HG/SS's pokewalker, would get surfing and flying Pikachus back when I worked fast food on teh clock
>remembering the dead silence of the DS's system menu except for the clock that would tick every second, and the pixelated simplistic font
>Played Wario Ware Touched to 100%, even all the microgame high scores and the shitty Mike levels
>Touch Detective was my very first detective/ mystery game that got me into the genre
>Played my bro's Pokemon Ranger all night but couldn't save over his file. At 7am I died to a Grimer and didn't know what to do since it was too late to sleep
>tried all the retarded rumors to get Waluigi unlocked in Mario 64 DS
>the shitty MIDI DS sound fonts and graphic pixels on 3d textures
>played Starfox Command campaigns over and over for high scores
>all the customization features in games like voice recordings or custom textures
>>
i put my dick between the screens and close it repeatedly to replicate the feeling of being stomped on
>>
File: SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg (54KB, 256x340px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg
54KB, 256x340px
>>384228524
The Wii is only two years older, can we get nostalgic for it? I am. I'll never forget how grand this game felt when I first played it. I only hope Odyssey can give me that same feeling.
>>
>>384228524
I busted out my old DS Lite and played a couple of games on it for old times sake. Mario 64 DS hurt my fingers after a few minutes of play because of how awful the controls were. Mario Kart DS was still a lot of fun. Also, you forget how small the DS screens were when compared to the 3DS XL. It's crazy what we used to put up with.
>>
>>384230776
since I homebrewed m Wii and I play almost everything Gamecube and older (plus actual Wii games) it's my #1 used system.
>>
for me i feel less of nostalgia and more missing it. fucking hate how the 3ds feels. had to get a 2ds just for the slightly better dpad placement. i really hate the 3ds joystick.i think from that era the psp is more nosalgic for me. playing a ds though gives me hard core nostalgia for gameboy color and gba.
>>
>>384229326
>Also known as: iQue DS
wat
>>
>>384231217
Chinese equivalent of the DS. They're branded differently due to strict laws on vidya there.
>>
>>384230282
TAKE ME BACK
NO IT'S NOT FAIR BROS
>>
There's no cutoff on nostalgia. People on here get nostalgic all the time for when /v/ was good (i .e when they started browsing) but if you say you have nostalgia for early early 360/ps3 they get mad because they think you can only be nostalgic about your childhood. My first gaming memories were on a fucking master system, doesn't mean I don't get nostalgic thinking about playing halo with my bros.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.