[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sonic was never good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: ign playing sanic.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ign playing sanic.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>Sonic was never good
>>
>>384225562
Genesis sonic was just meh

Any post Genesis sonic is ass
>>
File: 1447600500174.jpg (81KB, 372x428px) Image search: [Google]
1447600500174.jpg
81KB, 372x428px
>>384225562
>this is why modern Sonic games have so many boost pads
>>
File: Sonic Adventure.webm (3MB, 426x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Adventure.webm
3MB, 426x360px
>>384225839
The sad thing is it probably had nothing to do with convenience for new players

The early 3D loops were scripted and so they had to add a speed source so you wouldn't walk into them and break them
>>
>>384225562
I still don't understand who they get to play the video games
>>
>>384226515
It still amazes me that Sonic managed to survive the Dreamcast era with shit like this.
>>
>>384226515
Isn't the first glitch only in the DX version?
>>
>>384226515
That's never happened to me at all and I've replayed SA1 on the dreamcast, gamecube, and ps3.
>>
>>384225562
>Grown adult can't wrap his head around how Sonic would have to keep running the same direction to do the loop, tries to play how it looks to him rather than how it'd be for Sonic.
>>
>>384226515
>>384226756

Fucking Game Grumps. I watched this episode just to see them fuck it up and surely enough they do it on purpose.

The part is scripted to keep you on course while you hold forward, since the camera is moving around and they don't want the player having to constantly switch the direction of the analog stick to keep Sonic running forward.

But Egoraptor just stopped running at this part on purpose and played it off like the game did this to him just because he had to make his point seem valid.

Yeah it's a bad glitch. But when you do thing against the nature of the game no shit it's gonna happen.

Yes I'm mad. I don't even like Sonic.
>>
>>384227109
This is why games are the way they are now.
>>
>>384227042
As long as you keep moving relatively qickly it doesn't happen. Sonic 06 has a lot of these loop awkwardness.
>>
>>384227109

Until there's proof, im convinced that a two year old is playing and not an adult.
>>
>>384226870
Pretty sure. I've been trying to replicate in emulating dreamcast with no success. The second glitch was always there though

Also if you just walk around slow in this game the weirdest stuff happens. It's like sonic if a magnetic hedgehog with parkinson's
>>
>>384226515
I've always hated how this game controlled so poorly at high speeds. That adventurefag was always talking about how this was better than Unleashed/Colors/Generations because of the level of control you had, but there wasn't really much control to speak of at all.

>>384227224
>But when you do thing against the nature of the game no shit it's gonna happen.
Maybe the nature of the game shouldn't be sucking dick.
>>
>>384227613

>Game controlled poorly at high speeds

Stop sucking at a children's game.
>>
>>384227109
I dunno, I mean I tried to get my mom to play a fps once and she couldn't even figure out how to look at the screen.
Like she couldn't even piece together what she was looking at she would hold up on the right stick I would tell her doing so makes her look up but she couldn't see the screen moving up it just made her dizzy.
I think video games really are a learned thing.
>>
>>384225562
That webm is pretty much the skill level I expect from anyone who actually believes that and goes around spouting it.
>>
>>384227560
Tried it in the Gamecube version and the PC with the Dreamcast Conversion mod.
He clips through the wall in the Gamecube version, but not in the Dreamcast Conversion mod.
This means Sonic Team's port is so shitty that it fucked up the collision detection.
>>
>>384227224
I would feel that way if the only problem was you clipped through the side wall on the DX port

But even in the original release, the scripted magnetism makes sonic twitch and stutter and it barely works, and only if you go by it fast. Also they were never consistent with the camera. Sometimes you held forward and the game played itself, sometimes it expected you to turn. Eventually you just understood that individual results may vary.
>>
>>384227771
Not him but go play Sonic Adventure, both normally and screwing around. Then go play something like sonic utopia which does absolutely nothing fancy and has a straight up rear camera. You'll find out very quickly that sonic team forced a camera system that they weren't talented enough to engineer.
>>
>>384227818
>I think video games really are a learned thing.

They absolutely are.

Just try inversing the controls one day and see how long it takes even a veteran gamer to adjust to such a simple change. We talk about things feeling natural but there isn't really such a thing as natural when it comes to controlling videogames, there's just what we are used to. There is no more perfect example of that than the review for Alien Resurrection on the PS1 that complained about how awkward the standard dual stick control scheme that game used was. We scoff now but they weren't wrong, in those days it really was an unusual and awkward control scheme.
>>
>>384225562
they were obviously testing out the new physics

they even jumped at the end expecting the spring from sonic 1 to be in the way
>>
>>384228895
IGN has been shitting on Sonic for years.
They don't know or care about the physics.
>>
>>384225562
It's either a 3-5 years old playing for the first time or someone failing on purpose.
>>
> plays Sonic Heroes
> slippery as shit controls
> characters waver the fuck around more than they're supposed to
> "oh it's just a game from 2003 it's just sonic team trying to get their feet on the ground with this"
> still a problem after eighteen years of 3D platform coding
good job SEGA.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.