[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

Find a flaw
>>
I can't
>>
every level wasn't like Noki 6
>>
You never find out what the fuck that book is
>>
POST THE BIRD
>>
>>384216183
You can't punch like in sm64
>>
FLUDD
>>
>>384216183
the pachinko level was trash, voice acting was butt, final boss fucking blew.
>>
>>384217138
Has anyone cracked the case?
>>
File: a shitpost.png (215KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
a shitpost.png
215KB, 400x295px
>>
>>384216183
You mean find one that isn't glaringly obvious?

Fludd is gay
No punch/kick
No snow world
Forgettable bosses and levels
>>
The last level
>>
too much water
>>
Blue coins
>>
>>384216183
Blue coins but not much else
>>
That fucking lilypad level
>>
it's boring

I quit halfway through because it just wasn't that engaging
>>
>>384216183

Camera
Colored coins
Camera
Pachinko
Camera
Bowser Jr Cutscenes
Camera
Yoshi controls
Camera
Lack of punch or kick
Camera
Duckbills
Camera
>>
>>384221634
>Camera
Get used to the invert faggot. I am able to adjust.
>>
>>384221893

>I was able to adjust
That doesn't mean the camera was good. Nintendo themselves admitted the camera was the biggest problem in Sunshine and made fixing it the focus of Mario Galaxy's development. Just face it, the camera sucked.
>>
No Luigi

Remakes better include him
>>
>>384216183
Blue coins
>>
>>384216183
I replayed recently and the blue coins honestly aren't that bad. There's not too many that are actual "who the fuck would think to do that" and the game encouraging spraying in weird places. Not to mention they're not needed to beat the game at all. Only thing you need to do is beat every world's mission 7
>>
>>384216183

- They removed the long jump, so the game felt slower as a result.
- The FLUDD basically gave players a safety net through most of the game so no precision was required for jumps.
- Standing in place and washing walls is not especially fun, and it certainly isn't as frenetic as the running-and-jumping mechanics that all good Mario games are known for.
- 60 of the games 120 Shines were earned by collecting coins of various colors. That's downright ridiculous.
- The character design sucked. Nobody gave a shit about the natives of Delfino Plaza.
>>
>>384216183
It was basically a video game version of "The Smoggies." It stole its art style, setting, and anit-pollution theme from a shitty French-Canadian cartoon. Everything from the oil tanker to the amusement park by the ocean were shamelessly lifted from this cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdCfCSfkLqQ
>>
>>384222814
>the game felt slower as a result.
>When forward dive is faster than the long jump, can be spammed quicker and can be extended combined with making you go much, much faster with water
>>
>>384216183
this would be a shorter thread if you said find something good about it
>>
>>384222269
Nah, I don't remember that.
>>
>>384216183
bad controls
spraying things is dumb
>pachinko level
>leaf level
>watermelon level
>blue coins
>bad camera
making you fight the same boss 3 times in a row at the begining of the game.
Objectivley the worst Mario game
>>
>>384222814

>- The character design sucked. Nobody gave a shit about the natives of Delfino Plaza.
What's sad is that the original reveal for Mario Sunshine shows humans in the town. Why they changed it to a bad polynesian stereotype I'll never know.
>>
>>384216183
-Blue coins was the worst kind of Easter egg hunt
-All of the levels feel overly same, having a water based theme, unlike the variety of 64 and Galaxy
-The inhabitants of the world are extremely uninteresting
-Many moves were removed and only a few new ones were introduced
-Runs at only 30 FPS even though the GameCube should have been capable of better
>>
>>384220293

>forgettable bosses and levels

I get the rest of your complaints but nigga how, i only played the game once but still remember the squid, petey, mecha bowser, etc you get the point. None of the levels were forgettable, but they had similar themes because it was a island.

Again agreed with everything else but son you just have bad memory.
>>
>>384216183
>camera
>level design
>glitches
>no polish

Pick any of these
>>
>>384223167

The controls were fine, you just suck. Youre right about everything else though
>>
>>384220293
>Snow world
>The entire game takes place on a tropical island
Now, anon.
>>
Mario fucking sucks without FLUDD
I want my fucking long jump
>>
>>384216183
Mario slips off small/slanted objects in unpredictable ways. The most obvious example is the pachinko level, where you sometimes wig out on the nails.
>>
File: Blue_coin_sm_64.jpg (70KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_coin_sm_64.jpg
70KB, 550x550px
>>384216183
>>
>>384220293
>snow world
That would actually be a flaw.
>>
>>384225770
If it at least had a tracker of these fuckers it would be glorious
>>
>>384222814
>spray water on ground
>slide on the water
That was it's equivalent.
>>
File: gSD_tPy1TOyqKJEpOfFJtQ.png (198KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
gSD_tPy1TOyqKJEpOfFJtQ.png
198KB, 320x350px
Stop playing Mario Sunshine
>>
>>384216183
Only like 6 real worlds and half of the shines came from dull coin hunts.

Final boss was a letdown.

And that hotel level where you have to find fruit for yoshi but you have no idea where to go. You have to jump into a wet spot in the ceiling what the fuck
>>
Sunshine+Splatoon crossover when
>>
>>384216183
Worst 3D Mario
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.