[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT - Remakes that are worse than the original.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 22

File: LegendofZeldaMajorasMask.jpg (171KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
LegendofZeldaMajorasMask.jpg
171KB, 500x638px
ITT - Remakes that are worse than the original.
>>
What's bad about it? Pirated it last night.
>>
Enjoyed it more than the original desu.
The only con about it is "DUDE EYEBALLS LMAO" and maybe zora swimming but it doesn't outweight all of the tedious shit they fixed from the original
>>
You said it. Man this """port""" was among the shittiest things I ever played, only upside was more fps. They even managed to fucking ruin the main game mechanic by having a in-game guide tell you exactly what to do for every side quest and giving you a fucking infinite timeskip, what were they thinking? Typical nintendo butchering their games by pandering to casuals
>>
>>384209140
the new crash
>>
>>384211219
>what were they thinking?
They were thinking that their modern audience would have never been able to finish a game like the original, and they were right
>>
>>384210513
The Zora swimming, for one
>>
It's not objectively worse, for everything it does wrong it does something else right.

It's about on par with the original, being better or worse depending on what you value in particular.
>>
>>384218167
>ruins zora swimming
>ruins animations
>ruins boss fights
>ruins atmosphere and colors
>ruins ice arrows
>ruins the main core mechanic of the bloody game
Literally what did it do right aside from maybe the bank location and being run on a machine capable of higher than 24 fps
>>
>>384220858
havent played the remake yet but i have it, how does it ruin the core mechanic of the game?
>>
>>384209140
That's a remaster. Nintendo even says so.
>>
>>384221028
It didn't. Fags meme and say that, because it changed the quick-saving statues to real saving, it ruined the time mechanic. In reality though, the time mechanic's primary purpose wasn't to make things more difficult.
>>
>>384221028
Dont listen to butthurt purists, the remake was an improvement. The original was unforgiving, and if that's honestly what you liked about it over the atmosphere, the storylines, the dungeons, literally everything else, then yeah. wahh wahh it's ruined. On the other hand if you want the improved graphics and framerate, and an actual useful bombers notebook that keeps track of quest progress, an actual saving system that works with the portability, then yeah, it's great.
>>
It's the retard version true fans play the original
>>
>>384221028
>idea of Majora's Mask is that you alweays feel like you have a limited amount of time to do things, the impending death of the moon is always looming. You have limited save points, only way to permanently save is to rewind time and undo your work for the day.
>there are clever ways around this you can discover, i.e. reverse song of time, song of double time, scarecrow dancing, but you always need to carefully plan out your days and what actions you need to take to complete side quests, make appointments
>actually think for once in your life in a Zelda game

>updated rerelease
>you can skip to whatever time you feel like, all need to carefully plan and execute plans is gone
>save points are permanent, unlimited, and they are fucking everywhere as opposed to being extremely restricted
>game shits out exactly what you need to do in every side quest or to get an interesting secret every time you talk to someone
>threat of the moon is a joke
>exploring this world throughout its three days of time turns from interesting experience to rote follow the questmarker shit
Entire premise of the game is butchered to appeal to muh casuals.
>>
>>384220858
>Ruins Zora swimming
Wouldn't really say it was ruined, but it was definitely a downgrade to have to use magic for the old mechanics.
>Ruins animations
What?
>Ruins boss fights
Not really. You can sperg out about giant eyeballs, but the first two bosses are mostly the same and the last two are much improved.
>Ruins atmosphere and colors
Again, not really. The difference is barely noticeable and the change in tone is extremely subtle at best.
>Ruins ice arrows
True, and was really disappointing, but didn't really affect a whole lot at the end of the day
>Ruins the main core mechanic of the bloody game
Lol no. Stop being a drama queen.
>>
>>384222315
No it was not an improvement you idiot. MM had some of the best boss fights in all video games and MM3D turned them into hit the glowy eye bullshit that insults your intelligence.
>>
>>384222579
How on god's green earth was Twinmold improved by making it into Wrestlemania 64 3D?
>>
>>384222734
Because the previous battle involved growing giant for absolutely no reason and slashing your sword randomly. At least this involved more strategy and was fun.
>>
>>384209140
Only bad thing is the Zora Swimming changes.
Every other QoL change was great.
>inb4 casualizing Song of Double Time to skip to specific hours
It's a lot more fun than going to a location and waiting for an event to happen
>>
>>384222863
>slashing your sword randomly
You can just admit that you're shit at the game
>>
>>384222315
There was literally nothing wrong with the graphics and framerate of the original. The graphics had a suitably somber Alice in Wonderland aesthetic (not over saturated like the remake) and you don't need more than 20 FPS for a slow paced game like Zelda.
>>
>>384222897
You weren't waiting. Having "free time" is how you discovered stuff. The original MM was made before underage shitters looked up everything on a wiki while playing games
>>
>>384222939
But it's true. Wow, you have to hit the head or tail with your sword. So fucking strategic. With the new one it's actually hard to land your punches in the right place.
>>
>Zora swimming
>completely diff save system
>fucked boss fights
>>
>>384223074
Spin slash, arrows or just not being shit. Did you just mash B or something?
>>
>>384220858
It absolutely did not ruin the atmosphere. I was really impressed the core color palette was in place.
>>
Definitely a downgrade. Still playable but there are tons of small changes that are outright bad.

The Skull Kid statue I got with the special edition is so fucking cool though.
>>
>>384223145
Can you not read? I'm saying the original was piss easy, even without the things you mentioned.
>>
>>384222959
>and you don't need more than 20 FPS for a slow paced game like Zelda.
Why the fuck would you settle for less than 30 for a handheld game in this decade
>>
>>384223063
>You weren't waiting. Having "free time" is how you discovered stuff
???
You were told where to go at every moment of the Kafei quest. The only thing to do with your free time was grind rupees because if you didn't anything else you'd risk the chance of missing the event.
Since Clocktown was tiny you didn't need a shit ton of time to discover where everything is and when you were figuring out what to do as Deku Link you probably got a decent idea of where everything is.
>>
Started replaying the game and the bomber's notebook is starting to piss me off a bit. I enjoy it for letting me easily keep track of my quests, but god dammit it starts annoying me every time it pauses the damn game just to quickly explain a character or what quest I just started/completed.
>>
File: Super-Mario-64-DS.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Mario-64-DS.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
>>384209140
this is way worse
>>
>>384222579
The animations are astoundingly bad, all the colors are incredibly bright, the lighting is fucked and you're blind if you can't tell the difference, and yes the core mechanic of the game was indeed ruined see >>384222420 .

Furthermore, if you actually think Odolwa was the same you're a fucking idiot.
>original
>fluid animations
>makes menacing head movements, sways blade menacingly in tune to crazy chant
>doesn't spend a year telegraphing attacks
>has a large moveset with normal swings, lunges, crazy dancing around, summoning shitloads of creatures
>jumps around arena
>arena is dark aztec looking place, and somewhat spooky

>remaster
>stands stiff and still, no motion
>does incredibly goofy telegraph for 10 fucking seconds every time it does its one single attack in the moveset
>might maybe kick you if you get close
>goofy eye weakpoint shit
>entire arena is in bright cheery neon colors and looks like fucking wind waker
Compare:
Original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRSv48DBKP0
This trash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwX3vInNizM
>>
>>384223281
It should have been 60 FPS at least in the remake. I mean it's a damn N64 game. 1996 hardware. The point is that the extra FPS of the 3DS version isn't a worthy tradeoff since it doesn't add much to a game like Zelda (MM on N64 has a more stable framerate that BotW heh)

Crash has much less of an excuse though.
>>
>>384209140
oot3d actually made ocarina a good game, so I don't know how they fucked this one up

should have released in 2012 I guess. they spent more time on the remake than they did originally making the game
>>
MediEvil Resurrection
>>
>>384210827
>all of the tedious shit they fixed from the original
Like what?

Also I'd say the notebook popping up all the fucking time is pretty annoying
>>
>>384223627
OoT is regarded as the holy grail of gaming. They KNEW they couldn't change much shit in that or they'd be hanged. Majora's Mask on the other hand was largely shunned by the mass public and clearly labeled as inferior to Ocarina. Hipsters on the internet may make up a huge vocal minority but ask any random person and they'll rant on about Ocarina but then shrug when you ask about Majora.

The remake was Aonuma trying to casualize it so it would be accepted more, when really he should have just kept to his original vision and remade the damn thing exactly. Oh well. It's still a good game.
>>
>>384223476
I enjoy the extra content, to be honest. Feels like the right way to do a remake, add in 'some' new stuff that feels like it could have belonged in the original game.

Shame they decided to lock certain stars behind a specific character.
>>
>>384222863
Of course, having a damage animation for when you aren't actually hurting the boss, because you target the "wrong" twinmold is such a good design.
>>
Ultra Street Fighter 2
>>
>>384223627
OoT3D barely barely changed besides iron boots becoming a c-item, the fuck you talk about? They even left the same old glitches in fear people would get mad.
>>
File: 1436723943382.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1436723943382.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>384224045
>they were so scared that they even reused the N64 midi-soundfiles
>>
remake was fine. stupid contrarians
>>
>>384224597
The changes were straight up poor design choices.
>>
>>384224597
In what world was this shitty remaster fine? Turned a 10/10 game into an 8/10 game
>>
>>384224364
>OoT3D barely barely changed besides iron boots becoming a c-item
wrong. it fixed item manegment, aiming, and z-targeting

pretty much everything that made the n64 game not fun
>>
File: 423663451313.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
423663451313.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>384224718
>Turned a 10/10 game into an 8/10 game
>>
>>384223479
holy shit they really neutered the fuck out of that boss. the animations just scream "outsourced"
>>
>>384222420
To add to this, it pisses me off that Aonuma said he approached this game with a checklist of things to fix. He literally didn't understand what made the game beautiful in the first place. He didn't approach the remake with its fans in mind but rather with the "right fucking now" culture. I'll be the first to tell you that MM isn't perfect, but most of the shit he did to the game butchered it.

Compare it to Ocarina of Time 3ds, a remake in which they even left old glitches to keep it close and true to the original. Fuck Aonuma and his pretentious ass.
>>
>>384223479
Why was he changed like this? I remember him being pretty simple even as a kid.
>>
>>384224989
>pretentious
Try insecure. He knows Koizumi is a better artist. Aonuma was never anything but a lapdog. Hope some nip reads this
>>
>>384225227
When you change a game wholesale like this, eventually you get to a point where the things left untouched look out of place.
>>
>>384223479
What the fuck?

I was meaning to buy this eventually assuming it was just a remaster of MM just like the OoT one, but why the fuck is everything changed to be shit? Why do this?
>>
>>384210513
They improved the Zora swimming and that made /v/ really angry for some reason.
>>
>>384209140
The only really negative change is the comically gigantic eyeball weak point on the bosses. Other than that, the 3DS version is the superior version.
>>
>>384225424
>improve
>Zora's need magic to swim
Wat
>>
>Fucked up the Zora swimming
>Fucked up the Deku jumping
>eyes on every boss
nope
>>
File: gyorg.png (242KB, 650x182px) Image search: [Google]
gyorg.png
242KB, 650x182px
>>384209140
lol
>>
>>384211219
>Muh tedium!
>Muh bad game design!
>Fucking normies stay away from my bad games reeeeee!
>>
>>384222420
>>384224989
I'm not any of the other anons, so I'm not really going to bash on anyone for whatever they like about the game. What I think is that the remaster is objectively an improvement in various ways, not in all of them, mind you, but the thing is that Zelda fans are generally fond of those things that can actually be considered mistakes or bad designs. I'm not saying that the remaster doesn't have bad design choices, but they fixed plenty of the things that could be considered objective flaws of the game. However, as I mentioned before, people who liked the game as it was when it came out tend to like those little flaws in general, which is ok, obviously. And that's what I think it happens, and I've seen such things in Ocarina of Time fans too; I've talked about certain design choices that are simply terrible, but they like it, like the Dim's Fire thing that you have to get for the Shadow Temple: The way they expect you to get that is simply atrocious planning (or not, since it's true that they rushed some things a whole lot in order to meet deadline and changed a bunch of things as fast as they could), but the fans like it that way. With this I mean that the remaster could be actually considered an objective improvement of the game, but not the improvemente hardcore fans wanted, because they didn't want an improved version of the game in the first place.
>>
>>384225487
How are you supposed to do the otter swimming thing if you need magic?

Also, that place was fun as fuck to swim in when not racing.
>>
File: 250px-SoulSilver_EN_boxart.jpg (26KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
250px-SoulSilver_EN_boxart.jpg
26KB, 250x228px
It just had to be remade into the worst and slowest generation
>>
File: 1496438292594.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496438292594.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>384223643
I was waiting for this to pop up.
Fucking hell what were they even going for?
I understand they wanted more voice acting or whatever, but god damn what was up with the writing for it?
>>
>>384225729
weak ass bait hg and ss are still the best games to date
>>
>anti remake autists have full lists of greviences with specific reasons why they make the game worse
>pro remake faggots just say that the remake is "objectively" better with no reasoning whatsoever
Really activating the almonds
>>
File: pokemonoras1280jpg-8006bd_1280w.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonoras1280jpg-8006bd_1280w.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>384225729
You're funny anon.
>>
MM3D is a prime example of /v/ taking the "poorly designed and needlessly tedious games are actually the only good games" meme to the fucking extreme
>>
>>384225703
They put a bunch of magic pickups throughout the track
>>
>>384225776
Thyre good but got remade into the slowest damn generation

Also best games are BW2
>>
>>384225556
If you don't have Din's fire by the time you need it for the shadow temple you're a casual.

I don't care if some fucking Braid hipster will tell me it's "bad design" unless the player is directly led with arrows on the ground to get it.
>>
File: 1470713806095.jpg (162KB, 1024x992px) Image search: [Google]
1470713806095.jpg
162KB, 1024x992px
>>384225813
True, my anon.
>>
>>384225803
Emerald is a better game than ORAS
>>
>>384225858
I bet you can't even swim there properly when you're not racing then
>>
>>384225703
by having a bunch of magic bottles floating around, obviously. Or you just have enough magic to do the whole thing at once, I don't remember. Played the original back then, played the 3DS version recently, I didn't even notice they changed things.
>>
>>384225813
>t. casual wikifag
Just because Skyrim had detailed quest guides and timeskips doesn't mean every game does
>>
>>384225803
objectively correct
>>
File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
>>
>>384225803
These were fine except for the lack of battle frontier. Sun moon is a lot worse
>>
>>384225941
That's silly, because ORAS is the best game in the franchise.
>>
>>384226036
get out
>>
>>384225961
Clearly you never replayed it then. There's no way I wouldn't notice the things being talked about here.
>>
>>384225556
You know anon, what pissed me off the most is that this could have been a fantastic remake. I truly do love it for so many things it brought that I didn't know MM could benefit from. It hurts the most when something is so close to perfection and then one thing brings it down a notch. Hell, in this case it turned out to be a bunch of things, but that only makes me feel weird. It's like there's two entirely versions of the game, and oh boy if you don't praise the hell out of the remake then the newfags say you didn't love the game to begin with.
>>
>>
>>384223476
Haha what? That version perfected the original. The multiplayer races between DS's is a great time. You fucking suck.
>>
>>384225881
>I don't care if some fucking Braid hipster will tell me it's "bad design" unless the player is directly led with arrows on the ground to get it.
As I said, it's still an objective flaw, and you like it. It's exactly what I was talking about, you can consider people casuals for not liking that, but it's still bad design, and not because there are no arrows telling how to get it, but because there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a player to know at that point what needs to be done, not only because you don't know where to find it, but because there's also no way for you to know such thing exists. It's also known that Ocarina of Time was rushed badly, and that they changed a lot of things without checking twice, one of them being the Dim's Fire part I was talking about, so again, it's still an objective flaw, but some people like it that way.
>>
File: 1497146180103.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497146180103.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>384225789
>full list of grievances
>most of it is inane shit that has almost no impact on the game

I will agree with the shit about the bomber's notebook but shit like "muh immersion" and "muh lighting" does not count. Especially for a fucking zelda game.
>>
>>384226157
It controls like shit on a Dpad
>>
>>384226013
How can anyone think this?
>>
>>384226207
No, it's not an objective flaw. Get the fuck out of here. Gaming should not be about some UX faggotry where even the worst player is led to complete the game just fine. Bad players should be punished for being retarded.

And it's called Din's fire, why don't you know that?
>>
>>384226207
Npc's literally tell you as a part of the main quest that you should check the area outside hyrule castle after you get bombs, if you missed it you're either an idiot or didn't read the dialogue and you deserve to be stuck
>>
>>384226119
>and oh boy if you don't praise the hell out of the remake then the newfags say you didn't love the game to begin with.
Well, it's still a matter of opinion, so don't mind them anyway. There are still the two versions anyway, and I honestly have seen more people saying that the original was better than the remake.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>generic button mash action rpg

Its shit
>>
File: 1498541065464.png (451KB, 778x746px) Image search: [Google]
1498541065464.png
451KB, 778x746px
>>384226036
ORAS were so fucking bad that it wasn't even worth pirating.
>>384226157
No, that anon is probably bringing up all the weird changes they made, like adding in yoshi as a playable character for some fucking reason.
>>384226013
How bad is this?
I haven't followed anything about it.
>>
File: 1497860914107.png (70KB, 230x197px) Image search: [Google]
1497860914107.png
70KB, 230x197px
>>384226019
>Changed existing areas that had no reason to be changed. For example, there is no possible way to get Aron without getting the bike
>looks like absolute shit, 2D game in 3D space and it's not like gen 6 was good looking as a whole in the first place
>Free (MEGA) Lati
>EXP. All instead of share
>inb4 just box it/turn it off bro, that's not the point
>adds almost no way to get new pokemon added outside of legendaries, even after getting the national dex
>tries to go full lorefag with delta episode and hoopa and ends up falling flat on it's face
>hoopa legendaries require a certain time and date
>flying on lati was cool the first time, but after needing to watch that opening animation every single time it's faster to just use the HM
>no rematches
>most redesigns suck
>shit like the heat suit felt shoehorned in to add a more "epic" experience. I was perfectly fine with just walking in a cave into the lair of Groudon from gen 3.
Yeah, no.
>>
>>384226224
>two of the main extremely well effected executed qualities that majora's mask is universally lauded for even if people are too retarded to figure out the gameplay
>irrelevant
>>
>>384226224
>"muh immersion" and "muh lighting" does not count. Especially for a fucking zelda game.
You do realise one of the main reasons OoT and MM are popular is their atmosphere...right?
>>
>>384226492
Echoes is actually fucking good

Which is nice after the abomination that was fates
>>
>>384226450
Yeah you're right, the remake doesn't erase the original out of existence. Plus there's a chance that MM will get the remake it deserves down the road.
Thanks for listening to an old fan of the game.
>>
>>384209140

>Worse

>Because they made the fucking Milk useful for your Zora swimming
>Because they made the bosses actual fucking bosses and not Bullet Sponges
>>
>>384223476
>Yoshi the starting playable character but switch exclusively to playing as Mario as soon as I'm able to for that authentic SM64 experience and never touch Yoshi again unless absolutely necessary
>at the end of the game Peach says the power of the stars is restored to the castle and it's all thanks to YOSHI
Fuck that shit so hard.
>>
File: 4-fe2ch3pt5img0050.png (10KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
4-fe2ch3pt5img0050.png
10KB, 512x448px
>>384226492
>How bad is this?
>I haven't followed anything about it.
It's not. As a remake the crime is sticking too true to the originals, in the case of Echoes/Gaiden means the same very open maps and extremely tedious battles because they're almost all rout and enemies spawn more enemies.
All the gameplay issues of it being Gaiden, to me are all excusable given how well the game presents itself. For example, there's a battle in Gaiden that is nothing but 3 paladins/gold knights, forgot which. However in SoV, they changed that shit battle into something that actually makes sense in context of the game, which is Berkut (new character) challenges Alm and his team to a fair battle. And loses.
>>
>>384226725
>it's not a boss unless it has a big glowy eye weak spot and can be beaten blindfolded
>>
File: PWAA_Trilogy_Logo.png (275KB, 2473x1193px) Image search: [Google]
PWAA_Trilogy_Logo.png
275KB, 2473x1193px
Keep in mind that this was originally made for the fucking Iphone and was plagued with the most stupidest animation and errors in general

The 3DS versions fixes it, but Holy fucking shit
>>
cosplayers and TV show/commercials ruined gaming
>>
>>384226335
>>384226392
It was bad planning all along, the developers themselves have said that already. And why is it that you act like it's something gracious that works for good players, and not for the bad ones, specially considering that it wasn't intended to be that way? As I said before, those are flaws, but some people like them, why can't you just say that you like the way the game is without having to justify it by bashing on other players?
>>384226673
Thanks to you for reading what I posted, I honestly like the original a lot too, and the remake didn't feel quite well for me either, but it's true that some of the things I liked and were changed, are technically improvements, so I simply say that I'm fond of the original one.
>>
>>384210513

>swimming controls were made shit, even if you have the N3DS with the analog knob.
>Gritty and dark atmospheres brightened up, taking away a lot of the general dark vibes (Compare inside the clock tower with both versions, for example)
>Additions to the game arbitrary, two fucking fishing holes

Other than that, not many other complaints. Still beat it, loved it and it's still my favorite Zelda game. Though I'll always prefer the original.
>>
>>384226829

>Using that bullshit weak spot excuse

Adolwa and Goht have to be taken down before their weakness is exposed by actual moves

The original is the biggest of sack of shit of literally nothing, attack this enemy until they are fucking dead and do absolutely nothing but the same attacks

Stop defending the originals shitty fucking design bitch
>>
>>384226207

Bro youre SUPPOSED TO TALK TO NPCS TO GET INFORMATION.

Am i being rused or are you actually that far up your own ass man?
>>
>>384226540
When most people talk about MM it's usually about the NPC's, small details, side quests and the time restrictions and the game over screen and what not.
Sure it's not exactly the same, but it does look nice on the 3ds. It's not like they fucked up the music or changed the dungeons too much.
>>
>>384226925
Ok im biting

How is it a flaw that you have to talk to npcs to learn secrets
>>
>>384209140
pic not related
>>
>>384227117
>>384227212
Because that part of the game was rushed, the developers said that, and Npc's telling you that you might or might not look for something in Hyrule Castle is not necessarily an excuse, since they tell you that, but once you're too far on the game and get to the shadow temple without, for whatever reason, checked that out five hours of gameplay prior, you'll have to test your luck and wander around looking for something you don't even know exists.
It's not even something I dislike, it's not even something I hated when I played it, it's simply something that means bad planning. I honestly didn't even think about it until someone else told me about the developers saying they rushed things.
>>
>>384225873
bw2 are the best
>>
>>384225424
shame on you
>>
>>384226843
>The killer you!
>>
>>384227505

>but once youre at the shadow temple

...but it is unquestionably the players fault for not talking to the NPCs anon. The devs admitting its an oversight or whatever (still need source btw) comes off as a mere excuse. Youve used it as a defense time and time again but i was NINE YEARS OLD when i first played Ocarina of Time and found Dins fire about as soon as youre able to...because i talked to everyone i met.

I really dont care what the devs intended, fact is is that youre ignoring how easy it is to find for the sake of...well what exactly?
>>
>>384223962
To be fair its a game for kids- and when I was playing it as a kid the notebook was super helpful for discovering sidequests.
>>
>>384228192
>I really dont care what the devs intended, fact is is that youre ignoring how easy it is to find for the sake of...well what exactly?
I'm not trying to acomplish anything in particular with what I'm saying. People asked me why exactly it can be considered bad design, and I just tell them why.
I honestly don't get why people act like I said I hated that part of the game, or that I consider it hard, which I don't, it's simply an example of bad planning.
>>
>>384209140
>improved Zora swimming
>brightened up the game and colours
>simplified some textures to better catch the eye
>put giant eyeball weakpoints on the bosses so you know how to fight them (too unintuitive before)
>added a digital clock instead of analog since analog is too hard to read
>made sure the Bomber's Notebook told you exactly what to do since the old version was just too confusing and made you explore too much

Honestly the only weakpoint was that they added fishing holes.
>>
>>384228330
>>384228330

I never said you hated it. Im just baffled that anyone can call it bad design just because if youre a fool and ignore talking to people in an "action adventure" type game you have a chance of getting stumped.

Its the players fault in this case man amd as far as I can see thats the end of it.
>>
>>384228481

>brighting the game is an improvement

No
>>
File: r9iirs5txmxfo1aam100.gif (2MB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
r9iirs5txmxfo1aam100.gif
2MB, 636x358px
>>
>>384228597

You guys focus on too little things

Your like the fags who ignore that the lighting in Ocarina was improvement in every single thing except Ganon and then pretend that makes the entire game bad

A lot of good places benefited from the improved lighting
>>
>>384228710
Man the 3ds fucked up with the lighting more than I remember
>let's make everything bright and colorful in this game known for its dark atmosphere
>>
>>384228324
You can make it helpful without pausing the game for several seconds.
Other games use stuff like "Journal updated"
>>
>>384228836

Uh ok. I actually like these remakes a lot so you attributing all those characteristics to me going off one disagreement gave me a nice chuckle.

I prefer the dark atmosphere of the originals, sue me.
>>
>>384215947
Casualization is okay when Nintendo does it
>>
>>384228876
That's funny because it's darker, creepier and more violent in that gif
>>
>>384209140

>MM3d gets TWO fishing holes
>BotW doesn't even HAVE fishing unless you count throwing bombs into a pond

why did they do this to us?
>>
>>384228481
>swimming slow as molasses unless you spend magic is an improvement
>brightening the game and making it look like shit is an improvement
>simplifying textures is an improvement
>casualizing bosses is an improvement
>analog clocks are hard to read
>the old version "made you explore too much"
What a carefully crafted bait, 6/10 I got a bit mad
>>
>That one butthurt autist screeching in this thread
3DS is generally accepted as the definitive version, stay mad :)
>>
File: file.png (345KB, 290x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
345KB, 290x500px
>>384209140

>10 second black screen every time you enter a doorway complete with music pausing
>Stupid fucking positioning in battle that you have literally no control over
>Zero difficulty
>Alex does more damage with his normal attack than most of his skills
>>
>>384229134
>b-b-b-but muh nostagia!!
>>
>>384227605
Thîats what i said
>>
>>384220858
>>384218167
>>384218167
>>384221028
>>384222420
Good:
>Much better models and textures, and improved lighting/particles that with 1 exception (great bay temple) preserve the atmosphere and for the most part and still feels creepy
>Gyorg fight is better
>Doesn't make you rewatch the business scrub cutscene
>Better framerate
>Song of double time allowing you to choose specific times to fast foward to.
>Gyro arrow controls
>Fishing
>if you have a n3ds/xl, you have camera rotation/control via c nub

Neutral:
>The bombers notebook is a little less obtuse and more organic to use, but it's also a little too helpful.
>Likewise, the save system is less obtuse, but allowing you to save without it being attached to going back in timee also removes some of the stress the game is meant to invoke, but you can impose thee limit artificially anyways.
>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse. Some people like the change, some don't.
>Bank placement is moved

Bad
>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.
>Ice arrows can't be used just anywhere anymore.
>Zora swimming less fun, which outweighs the benefit of easier control in tight spaces.
>Bombers notebook pops up automatically and takes a while to do so, is annoying
>You have to get out of rolling as goron to hit Goht, but this isn't nearrly as bad as Odolwa's change
>It's harder to use the Deku spin to go faster (super minor thing to count against it, but it's there)
>Great bay temple's atmosphere is changed due to less gritty textures and brighter lighting

>>384226492
>it's personally disappointing for me so that makes it bad
They are better then RS which are already good games. The debate is just if it's better or worse then emerald, which is debatabe.

>>384229134
The only area where it's really darker is the great bay temple
>>
>>384226843
>>384227758
Was the IOS port of Apollo Justice and the 3DS games fine?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile which got remade into Klonoa (Wii). Graphics wise, it took a downturn for the worst, not even being as appealing as it was before, and it definitely wasn't pushing any limitations of the Wii if I'm to be honest.
Also the voice acting. Oh, fucking kill me already.
>>
>>384210513
They also made the bosses boring and shit.
>>
File: 1467098362831.jpg (49KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
1467098362831.jpg
49KB, 300x392px
>>384223228
>It absolutely did not ruin the atmosphere.

You are fucking blind. The colors are the same but that is irrelevant when they make everything much brighter. Please tell me you are just trolling.
>>
>>384226753
I mean, he WAS the one who rescued Mario.
>>
It's better than the original because it's actually fucking playable
>>
File: 22.jpg (29KB, 494x298px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
29KB, 494x298px
>>384230171
At least you have the option to use the original voice acting.
plus they didn't redesign the character like they planned to.
>>
>have to use touch screen to enter items menu

Fuck this game.
>>
>>384230349
He ain't trolling, he just has shit taste.
>>
>>384230628
I mean, you can map items onto the touch screen to quickly select them which in OOT3D made the Water Temple much less tedious.
>>
>>384230567
> Have the option to use the original voice acting.
Yeah, you do. It's absolutely a Godsend in that case. Plus that redesign was horrid, I mean, we could have gotten something much worse to kill off Klonoa with than what we got for the Wii honestly.
>>
>Increased the framerate from 20fps to 30fps (with 60fps menus)
It's good for that alone.
>>
>>384230567
JUST
>>
>>384210513
>running backwards underwater is faster than Zora swimming without magic
>zora swimming normally eats up magic and has the Barrier up constantly
>cant 6 day run it
>Bomber's Notebook has a popup for nearly everything
>every boss is stun>attack eye
>twinmold fight goes on forever due to having to punch it like a thousand times
>>
It's funny how OoT3D was mostly good and yet MM3D isn't. Does MM just have more things to fuck up?
>>
>>384233040
There was more changed in MM3D due to the additional mechanics over OOT.
>>
>>384233150
Also is it me or did they fuck up MM3D's menu? In OoT3D i could just tap an item on the menu and hit Y with my thumb and the item would go there, but in MM3D you have to dig the stylus out and drag it over.
>>
>>384209140
>busted shoulder buttons on my 3DS
>having to play through the whole game without targeting anything
The fourth temple drove me crazy
>>
>>384226725
>>Because they made the bosses actual fucking bosses and not Bullet Sponges

Twinmold IS a bullet sponge. I'd rather snipe him as normal link in the middle of a sandstorm than punch him for 10 minutes straight in the middle of a sunny day.
>>
>tfw after two decades of using the target button to control the camera you still keep using it to control the camera even though you have a C-stick
>>
>>384209140
guess here are the biggest memes
>swimming takes magic now for some reason
>truth help statue thing
>eyeball thing feels out of place on half the bosses
>owl statues perma saves your game now
>>
>>384232928
>>cant 6 day run it
Wait really? Why not?
>>
>>384210827
>Tedious shit

Spotted the Millenial
>>
>>384226149
music's better though
>>
>>384233767
Inverted Song of Time slows down time less now, and it's not like you can just bomb hover your way past it since most glitches are patched out. You could barely get to Romani Ranch on the N64 on the first cycle after getting the Ocarina, and that's not going to happen when the timer's going faster.
>>
>>384234104
That's gay.
>>
>>384209140
I liked the more decorated Clock Town and Song of Double Time allowing you to skip to certain hours.
It still doesn't make up for the fucked up Zora swimming, though.
>>
>>384211219
>fucking infinite timeskip
Explain, please.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.