[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ones you couldn't protect.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 17

File: JackieMa.png (106KB, 280x357px) Image search: [Google]
JackieMa.png
106KB, 280x357px
The ones you couldn't protect.
>>
>>384204582
pfft he deserved it
>>
File: Deadrising_jessie_portrait.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Deadrising_jessie_portrait.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
George Romero died today. I started playing Dead Rising again only to get pissed off at those Japanese retards getting stuck in the middle of the rollercoaster rails after I beat Adam.
>>
>>384205895
That reminds me the people who owned Dawn of the Dead once sued Capcom for Dead Rising.
>>
>>384205895
Why the fuck is there no good SFM or doujin of her? She is built and clothed for breeding.
>>
>>384204582
That game was away too predictable.
>>
>>384204582
I couldn't protect /v/ from pretending to like this awful, awful game.
I know you retards hate GTAV on principle but you don't need to pretend this uninspired Ubishit (in design theory) is actually fun or interesting.
>>
File: 1499977471718.png (340KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499977471718.png
340KB, 640x720px
>literally just got buried alive
>nah just go home you're good
>>
File: carlos.gif (1017KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.gif
1017KB, 500x205px
>>
>>384206632
SMOKED
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 759x1038px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 759x1038px
>>384204582
:,(
>>
>>384206618
lightning aint ever gonna strike the same place twice naw sayin' brotha
>>
>>384204582
What game is this dude from?
>>
>>384207464
Sleeping Dogs.
>>
>>384204582
>It's time to leave this awful place...
>>
>>384206531
but i don't pretend to like it
i actually liked it.
is it such an alienated concept that someone else liked something you don't??

it's not a masterpiece that everybody should at least try once.
but it got it's own charm for a niche audiences.

now, go to some other thread you liked to post or simply stop shitposting around
>>
>>384206531
>You're only allowed to like what I like
Fuck off
>>
>>384206531
It's more of a GTA/Yakuza/True Crime game than Ubisoft because it was supposed to be True Crime 3.

>girlfriends were cut after their intial dates
>presumably side activities were cut to do with said girlfriends

You're not whole man until you had pork bun.
>>
>>384206897
If he lived, I wonder if he would've been accused of heresy by that faggot Leandros too.
>>
File: Thomas Griffin.jpg (73KB, 960x387px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Griffin.jpg
73KB, 960x387px
>Game starring a Chinese cop
>A stuffy British white guy shows up
C'mon.
>>
>>384208574
Wei Shen aint a fucking cop. He's a Sun On Yee triad, don't fuck with that guy.
>>
>>384206531
>none of the thousands that visit /v/ actually like this game
>no I'm not autistic I swear
>>
>>384208574
British ruled Hong Kong until the late 90s, so it's not too crazy that a British guy would be working there
>>
>>384204582
This character was a walking death flag, I couldn't get attached to him.
>>
File: vg lewd.jpg (41KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
vg lewd.jpg
41KB, 500x413px
>>384204582
This was my biggest issue with the game's story

you're a fucking cop
you COULD have protected him
you're knowingly infiltrating a gang THAT YOU HATE. SO YOU CAN TAKE THE WHOLE THING DOWN.

Your small-time crook childhood friend is your way in. Built in drama: you're an undercover cop, you have to protect your friend. Keep him out of the coming shitstorm, at the cost of your friendship. He'll never understand, but he'll owe you his life.

LOL NOPE HEY MAKE ME A TENTPOLE IN YOUR GANG BUT BE SURE TO PROMOTE MY BUDDY HERE TOO, I'M GONNA RUN THIS FUCKER STRAIGHT INTO THE GROUND AND I WANNA MAKE SURE HE'S GOT A FRONT-ROW SEAT LMAO

The protagonist was honestly a piece of shit through and through. Every decision he made was an awful one, and then at the end he gets up on his high horse like he's somehow better than his handler. Pure trash.

Great B-game, solid fun through and through.
>>
>>384210596
Wei felt at home with the Triads. He was unsuitable for undercover work.
>>
>>384211085
and that would have been a fucking engaging angle to take

it would have been cool as hell to see him fall further and further from the light. It would have been great to see him fail time after time to make the right choice, and in the end have him recede completely into the feudal gangwar hellscape he created to emerge the bloody victor. There were a bunch of times where it looked like that's where they could have been going, most notably at the point where he decides to fucking kill surveillance on mama's kitchen or whatever so she can torture and kill a man, then fucking feed him to another man she's torturing.

That is absolutely not what happens though. The story tries to cast him as the good guy in every scenario. He's presented as the good guy amongst the cops. He's presented as the good guy amongst his friends. He's presented as the good guy amongst the Triads. All of that is extremely ironic, because he's such a plainly fucking horrendous person with zero morals, like the literal definition of a psychopath. Again, potential there for an interesting character, but completely unused. The game expects us to just accept his psycopathy at face value and go "no of course he's the good guy here!" and we know this because everyone else he meets is either a good person who appreciates him or a bad person who has to be made cartoonishly evil to even register on the scale of bad when they're standing next to this garbagebag of a human being.
>>
>>384212357
You act as if the game doesn't outright hint you on Wei being a psychopath. Did you not read the dossier on the characters and him in the game?
>>
>>384205895
Nigga what
just when he announced a new film
>>
File: DAM6RDTUIAAtoLI.jpg (64KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DAM6RDTUIAAtoLI.jpg
64KB, 1000x1000px
>>384204582

REEEEEEEE STUPID POMERANIAN MONGREL I KNOW THAT ARTIFACT WAS IMPORTANT IN SOME WAY GIVE IT BACK YOU STUPID MUTT
>>
>>384213827
No, I act as if the game consistently holds interesting narrative cards in its hands, gives you a little peak to get you interested in where it could be going with this, and then does absolutely nothing with them every single time. That's exactly what it does, every single time.

Saying "he's a psychopath!" is completely meaningless when there are no consequences for him or any of the characters the player is supposed to care about. They give you a bunch of characters who are supposed to be good, a bunch of characters who are supposed to be bad, and then Wei, who is supposed to be good (by the context the game gives him) and then pays lip service to him being a loose canon. In the end, though, every time they try to create drama it's by endangering a good character and they never take the opportunity to say "it's fucking Wei's fault, HE'S FUCKING DOING THIS TO EVERYONE HE SAYS HE LOVES." They don't do this because they want to keep him the hollywood goodguy. Instead every time it's Wei trying to come to the rescue because THE SYSTEM IS EATING HIM UP when literally nothing in the actual story supports this other than bad guys and Wei himself literally spelling it out.

You know Wei is a piece of shit, but the story and the game doesn't. The reason for that is it is fucking badly written.

All there really is is a bunch of poorly connected ideas with no actual backbone tying it together. It's like an incredibly dumb mix between a child's diary and a john woo movie.
>>
>>384208574
the UK and HK still have a close relationship

folks in HK learn both Cantonese and English
>>
>>384215796
Maybe you're overanalyzing it.
>>
>>384217342
the only reason it's getting this hairy of an analysis is because you keep trying to argue that's not what's going on

but here's what it came down to while I was playing:
>this game keeps acting like this guy is just a decent dude trying to do the right thing by his dead sister
>this game keeps trying to tell me the villains are his handler and his rivals
>this guy is consistently worse than every villain the game can come up with
>he keeps making absolutely retarded decisions for no reason that can literally only fuck over his friends, but the game doesn't even seem to notice
>this game is pretty poorly written.
>>
File: 1479252105205.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479252105205.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
RIP
and the franchise too
>>
File: Lavits.jpg (94KB, 389x565px) Image search: [Google]
Lavits.jpg
94KB, 389x565px
>>
>>384222632
Mr. Salieri sends his regards.
>>
File: Jim.png (154KB, 617x539px) Image search: [Google]
Jim.png
154KB, 617x539px
>Alright Johnny I'm going to get the brothers
>>
>The ones that protected you
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1281x657px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1281x657px
>>
>>384210596
Wouldn't his cover been blown if Jacky got coverage?
>>
File: Why couldnt you protect them.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Why couldnt you protect them.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>384224527

It's really all your fault but you need to carry that weight without regret. Should the demons of your past finally catch you, then stand tall and face them head on knowing every decision you've made was the right one, because you made them.
>>
Post soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN183Qq46q8
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
Hong Kong. Home. 'Least it was before I fucked everythang up.
>>
>>384204582

Sorry Sev.....
>>
>>384225201
who cares lmao they're all the same fuckin dude
>>
File: 1474303758522.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1474303758522.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>>384225201
the events in RepCom isn't canon but the characters are
Sev is still alive
At least in the Clone Wars era
>>
>>384224923
ways to protect jacky:
>keep your fucking mouth shut when you're getting inducted into the gang instead of insisting he gets promoted to a high position with you in the gang you are literally about to tear apart in a massive bloody act of subterfuge

jacky would hate you, but as an undercover cop working to dismantle a gang that ruined the life of your sister you would know you did the right thing.
the whole time the game and the main character is crying
>gangs are evil! gangs killed my sister! gangs are the worst!
then you succeed at infiltrating the gang by getting noticed by the higher ups and you immediately demand: "You can have me, but only if you let me drag along this walking collateral damage directly into harms way!"

literally completely spontaneous, unprompted demand that your childhood friend get dragged deeper into the sinister machinations of the very gang you are literally in the process of destroying. Wei might as well have put a grenade in jacky's mouth, pulled the pin and then high fived him while saying "WE DID IT"
>>
>>384225287
and ARCs are better
>>
>>384225201

literally a worthless slave
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.