[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want to see in a game /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: Cerebella_Bunny.jpg (192KB, 638x585px) Image search: [Google]
Cerebella_Bunny.jpg
192KB, 638x585px
Just a general idea thread. What is it that you would really like game developers to do that would make you instantly interested in a new game? Anything, from types of gameplay that haven't really been explored lately to bunny characters, let's just share what we would like the gaming scene to offer us.
>>
cute girls
>>
sex, drugs, and rock & roll
>>
Booze and loose wemmen.
>>
File: diddytrip.jpg (86KB, 400x315px) Image search: [Google]
diddytrip.jpg
86KB, 400x315px
True free roaming MMO. I want to be able to start the game and just walk outside the starting town and do whatever I want. If I want to gather crap and sell it on a market, I can do that. If I want to fight tons of monsters, I'll do that. If I want to be a prick and kill people out in the world for fun, I can do that.

You'd think this would be a no brainer. That most MMOs do this already. But most MMOs limit you with level progression or don't even have these features at all. For example in FFXIV, you can go gather stuff. But only after you do the main story quests to unlock all the areas. And gathering is gimped by level progression. And PvP combat doesn't even exist so forget about that. And you don't find anything. All exploration is gated behind an NPC quest.
>>
>>384202371
You basically want a GTA MMO?
>>
Hime cuts on every girl.
>>
Cyberpunk Victorian or a cyberpunk Western setting
Freedom Fighters but with turn-based strategy gameplay
>>
Complete weapon customization.

No, seriously. Call me an autist, but I love it when I can put more than one effect on a weapon and then name it. Shadow of Mordor had me interested with the rune system, but I ended up not being satisfied. Diablo 2 is the closest to having a weapon customization system that I really enjoyed, what with the runewords and such, but it still didn't completely do it for me.

And a second thing would be if, in an mmo, being your guild's blacksmith/crafter was actually rewarding and/or anything you make has your character's name in the description.
>>
>>384202561
Fembot here, if you put them on the boys too I'm in. Seriously, look at Hokuto no Ken's Shin, he kicked ass with that. Now it's only ugly space marines with shaved heads because some retarded virgin in american game studios thinks that it's "more manly"
>>
>>384202930
tits or gtfo
>>
One thing I think Undertale did legitimately well was have a ton of character dialogue for all sorts of combinations of different situations I'm told the Trails series does it too. That is something I wish more RPGs did. I'm playing P5 right now and nothing breaks immersion more than characters only having a few canned lines.
>>
>>384202930
It's okay for boys to have it too.
>>
>>384203094
That meme is dead, stats show 4chan is 60% girls nowadays only they don't say it openly
>>
>>384203464
Absolutely awesome taste dude
>>
>>384203471
>no tits
gtfo
>>
>>384203119
What do you think about dialogue in western rpgs like dragon age or the witcher or skyrim?
>>
more combat tentacles
more demon summoning
more magic books that shoot laser beams
more girls in suits
more competing conspiracies stories, and political intrigue in general
less 'john everyman' protagonists. I want to fall in love with the MC's personality in the very first trailer
more story-driven create-a-character action rpgs. the downfall of the Fable franchise left a hole that I've yet to find a fill for.
more urban magitek civilizations. I like magitek settings but lately it seems like everything that does it is either stuck in the industrial revolution or still way back in the feudal ages
>>
>>384203675
I wasn't even the original commenter saying she was a gal, I'm a dude
>>
>>384202553

More like Breath of the Wild exploration, Terraria gathering and Muramasa combat.
>>
>>384203928
Could Xenoblade 2 fit this?
>>
File: 42717121_p0.jpg (1MB, 2388x2552px) Image search: [Google]
42717121_p0.jpg
1MB, 2388x2552px
>>384203591
I know.
>>
>>384203751
I think tales of xillia had a nice magitek setting. Such a pity the 2nd one ruined it all with a messy story, worse gameplay and a completely reused setting. Heck, I'd have loved to explore a brand new game world set in Elympios.
>>
File: 1492210904289.jpg (711KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1492210904289.jpg
711KB, 1280x1810px
>>384201364
>What is it that you would really like game developers to do that would make you instantly interested in a new game?

Realistic character designs instead of petty fanservice characters like the one in OP's pic.
>>
>>384204058
>>384203464
Another fembot here, name please
>>
>>384204042

I don't see how.
>>
>>384204349
>Realistic chara design

Oh like the uninspired actor based "realistic" Chad/Stacy models that infest every western game nowadays that totally killed any chance of having interesting characters.
>>
>>384203694
Honestly I only have experience with a couple. I think the obsession with having all the dialogue be voiced really hampers how involved they can be. Without that limiting the writers, they'd probably be a lot closer to what I want.
>>
Return SImulation games back to the less realistic and more fun games like Sim Tower, Sim Copter, Roller Coaster Tycoon and the like. Get away from these shitty German real life simulators.
>>
File: 52207973_p0.jpg (145KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
52207973_p0.jpg
145KB, 1200x720px
>>384204371
Arthur, Rune Factory 4. You can marry him and have kids.
>>
>>384204521
Xenoblade's exploration is what inspired Breath of the Wild, the original game also had a nice crafting system and combat was great. If they elaborated on it it could get close to what you desire I guess.
>>
>>384204349

You mean like every western game has been trying to do for the last 15 years? And dramatically failed at because they hit the uncanney valley 5 minutes after release.
>>
>>384204683
Guess I found the next RPG I'll play. Also, the simulating comfy side really attracts me, I'm in a stressful situation and those tend to be pretty relaxing.
>>
>>384204835

So because 3D graphics rendering isn't a perfect art, games should use over-endowed anime characters instead?
>>
File: header.jpg (53KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
53KB, 460x215px
Anything Sentai related. There's just something about the "fighting for justice" setting that just feels right for a video game. Pic related is filling my urge for a tactics game as well as my need for Sentai.
>>
>>384204591
This
>>384204835
And this

Fuck "realistic characters", I want good looking ones.
Also if realistic means a random white hollywoodian guy all the time (as it seems in western games), fuck that even more.
>>
>>384205316
THIS
A game where you really fight for justice and not for USA's interests masked as justice would be nice. Also I love strategics
>>
>>384205165
Are Mario, Sonic, Ratchet, Clank, Sans, Papyrus, Kirby or Donkey Kong over endowed anime characters? Try again
>>
I'd like to see a game with flying racing cars. It could be revolutionary!
>>
No matter the game, /v/ will always complain about it
>>
>>384204231
Sadly Tales of Xillia was the Final Fantasy VII of Tales of, saga went very commercial and died after short. Zestiria had some good things, but Berseria went full retard after that.
>>
I want a musou game with cat maids who fight using lances against aliens who in the end turn out to be controlled by Yoko Taro who fights them in A2 cosplay
>>
>>384204657
What about Farming simulator?
>>
I want Blazblue Cross Tag Battle without the cancer of RWBY
>>
File: 163.png (22KB, 152x152px) Image search: [Google]
163.png
22KB, 152x152px
>>384201364
>multiplayer arena fps
>no classes shit, join a server and frag quake2-like
>plenty of gamemodes
>characters are qt lolis
>rocket jumps and wall jumps are a thing
>characters are VERY customizable with outfits, hairs, accessories, etc
>it's paid but you pay once and unlock everything, no dlc shit
>>
>>384205165

Until 3D modeling can get to the level of realism it is going for, yes. I do believe hand drawn 2D characters will look better and age better than 3D models. That doesn't mean they all have to be anime by the way. There are a billion other styles besides anime out there.

Another thing people tend to overlook when it comes to 'realism' is that even in games with the best graphics possible, the characters movement looks like shit. 2D animation and sprites still have better movement than any 'realistic' character. Play a game like GTAV and this becomes instantly clear. The characters move and react to things like they're still stuck in the PS2 era.
>>
>>384204784
Not mmo
>>
>>384201364
Nicely done fan service that doesn't distract from the games core elements. Like skullgirls
>>
>>384201364
fucking open world sotc or dark souls with a MH like guild area, not hard concept but it will never be done
>>
>>384206036
this
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.