[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: file.jpg (112KB, 455x680px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
112KB, 455x680px
Is he right?
>>
Overwatch's wild success more or less confirms the type of shooter people want nowadays.
>>
>>384197168
Can this fat faggot die of cancer already
>>
>>384197168
Same thing with RTS.
>>
>>384197168
Absolutely

He's an asshat and I hate him, but he's 100% correct about FPS games there
>>
>>384197168
Yes.

On an unrelated note, I don't get why Total gets so much hate, sure he's a fat fuck and you disagree with his opinions, but he's a great consumer watchdog.
>>
File: kirb.png (8KB, 488x462px) Image search: [Google]
kirb.png
8KB, 488x462px
>>384197168
>mfw I played all of those games and saw most of them die
sometimes I wish I was a casual
>>
>>384199938
because he's full of himself and thinks he's a hero for being a 'consumer watchdog' and making rant videos about every video game controversy that nobody above 100 IQ cares about
>>
File: 1496752319241.jpg (73KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1496752319241.jpg
73KB, 1080x1349px
>>384197168

Yes.

On a side note, I hate it when people complain about how "dead" a multiplayer genre is but the servers for the original games barely have any players to begin with. There's a reason why Starcraft: Brood War and CS 1.6 still have an active playerbase while many other games don't.
>>
>>384197168
Yes. Players want either Counter strike or Overwatch. There is no real hard demand for arena type shooters anymore.
>>
What happened to all of the fan base of arena shooters in the early 2000's?
Did they just move onto other FPS genres or stop playing FPS all together?
Cause as I remember it arena shooters were extremely popular at my high school yet now you don't see them anywhere.
>>
>>384201027
They grew up
>>
File: 1495647582150.png (945KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495647582150.png
945KB, 1080x720px
>>384201027

A good chunk of them probably just stopped playing video games. Assuming they were in their teens during the early 2000s, a lot of them would have full-time jobs by now and might even be starting families. I have at least one cousin who used to binge on Diablo 2 during all of his free time, but now he's in his mid-30s with 3 kids.

Not a lot of time for video games when your kids are still too young to wipe their own asses. He might get back into the hobby once they become self-sufficient (and even play with them), but this is literally the worst time for video games if you were a teenager back then.
>>
>>384201027

Other types got popular, Halo was the last of the arena shooters. Call of Duty got super popular, but somewhere between Black ops 1 and 2 the trend died. Counter strike always stayed popular and the same with TF.

Now FPS fans either sticking to CoD(which is still popular), playing overwatch/CS or just stuck in limbo. A lot of people stuck in limbo want to get back into arena shooters, but like total biscuit said, they aren't actually playing them when they do come out.
>>
>>384197168
>no one plays these shitty games
>must mean no one is interested in the genre

I think people do want arena shooters, they just want a good one.
>>
File: 1493030304003.jpg (72KB, 346x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493030304003.jpg
72KB, 346x530px
>>384201632

Then why don't they play the old classic ones if their multiplayer is still available?

Face it. People like you only call those games shitty because no one's playing them. You'd leap to their defense if they had active playerbases, regardless of actual quality.
>>
>>384197168

Played the new unreal and got into it a bit, but i havent played an unreal since 2004 so the best i could manage was third place consistently.

There's just too much of a skill gap between the top two or three players and the rest (me) because the same two or three 40 year olds just keep playing the same games all their lives. Salty af
>>
He is absolutely correct. In fact, that opinion has long been stated numerous times by a minority on /v/ well before he ever made the point. It's not just arena FPS games either, the same is true of MMOs. People claim they want something fresh, and a return to open PvP, skill points, and so on, but in practice, these games rarely ever gain support, and what they actually want is more themepark garbage, free-to-play bullshit, and so on. There are legitimate issues to have with the games that have attempted to fill the niche of sandbox MMOs, but a lot of those issues stem from a community that becomes extremely insular due to lack of interest and waning populations.

The problem today is only partly publishers and devs being cancerous. The other part is that gaymers themselves are faggots.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.