[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rare as a Nintendo owned company released a game with lots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

>Rare as a Nintendo owned company released a game with lots of swearing and other adult content
>Microsoft buys them
>They remake it for Xbox, announce it as an "uncensored" version of the game
>The release version is more censored than the original
How did this happen?
>>
>>384192127
I don't know, but it was still worth playing for the remastered graphics like Conker's fur.
>>
The team thought that bleeping more words would've funnier.
>>
>>384192127
Idk but they released the uncensored version in Rare Replay, which is the one I played.
>>
Still one of the best OG Xbox games cause of the graphics & the GOAT multiplayer. Nothing from Rare on the 360 can compare except maybe Kameo.
>>
File: conker_evolution1.jpg (144KB, 2200x480px) Image search: [Google]
conker_evolution1.jpg
144KB, 2200x480px
>>384192375
looks like conker was stuck in a washing machine
>>
>>384192519
Makes me wonder since original xbox BC is coming to the Xbone later this year if they'll bother to add Conker to the list of compatible games since it is one of the more popular titles on the console but then again the Rare Replay exists.
>>
>>384192127
The censorship in Live and Reloaded is really inconsistent too, most of what was censored was swearing for the single player, the multiplayer was censored by default but you could unlock uncensored and you couldn't for the single player.
>>384192519
The Rare Replay version is a port of the N64 game, not the Xbox remake. I found it kind of odd they did this consider the huge improvement in graphics between the N64 and Xbox versions. It would have been nice for them to include the Xbox game but with the uncensored N64 audio.
>>
>>384192810
I want that multiplayer back, fuck.
>>
>>384193017
>>384193229
Did the original Conker on N64 not have multiplayer?
Because the Rare Replay version has the N64 graphics but at higher resolution, it's uncensored, but has multiplayer modes.
>>
>>384193229
I don't think it's possible to play OG xbox games online again even on the Xbone. Not unless it's a remaster not running on the emulator.
>>
>>384193391
He's talking about the shooter multiplayer from Live and Reloaded which many consider to be a classic.
>>
>>384193391
Bad Fur Day had multiplayer on N64 but it was completely different from the Live and Reloaded multiplayer.
>>
File: 1499896888882.jpg (10KB, 206x215px) Image search: [Google]
1499896888882.jpg
10KB, 206x215px
>live and reloaded multiplayer
>All cooked grenades, if cooked for too long, would explode like a frag grenade
>The assassin class is used as a suicide bomber more often then not by my friends and I
>>
IT'S LIKE THE SCREAMING SHITS, IT IS!
>>
>>384192127
At the time Hot Coffee had just happened and Wal Mart joined the moralfag crusade by threatening not to carry GTA or any other game that was too obscene in their stores. Conker L&R was toned down in response. I believe Wal Mart still refused to carry it.
>>
>>384194830
Live and Reloaded came out a few weeks before Hot Coffee was a thing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>tfw Soapy Illusions

holy shit this game was my life in high school. my favorite console online mp game of all time. Thermophile class was my shit
>>
>>384196258

I used to play the bots in multiplayer all the time. Couldn't get Live.
>>
I remember reading you could unlock the uncensored game through a code or beating the game or something,
>>
>>384192127
twas another era
>>
why didn't Rare Replay just come with both versions of Conker?
>>
>>384192127
You have to consider that Nintendo literally wanted nothing to do with Bad Fur Day. They refused to publish it and thus Rare had to do on it their own (THQ in some regions). Microsoft on the other hand published Live & Reloaded and thus were much more hands on with it.

Also, Nintendo never owned Rare.
>>
>>384192590
What the fuck happened in 2016?
>>
>>384200361

an attempt to reboot conker into a family friendly mascot again
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.