[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Games!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: screenshot_1280_951_VYDMRIB.jpg (477KB, 1280x951px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1280_951_VYDMRIB.jpg
477KB, 1280x951px
Not a dead genre!

I just finished The Experiment 112, it was great.
Any other Adventure game fans out there?
What are some of your favorites? I'm looking for another to pick up.
>>
>>384184295
Life is Strange is an adventure game so they're pretty alive, although LiS is probably some kind of disgrace to adventure games
>>
I was super let down by Gemini Rue. Are there any other modern sci fi adventure games worth checking out?
>>
>>384184434
Telltale would be the "modern" version of adventure games for the most part, but I'm more a fan of those early 2000's games with cool world-discovery and hard puzzles.

First adventure game I remember playing was The Longest Journey. Absolutely blew me away. Still listen to the lounge music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYgNVPOYT7w
>>
>>384184536
...Maybe.

I tried Dreamfall: Chapters a year or two ago, and gave up on it. But maybe it's good, check it out at report back.
>>
Do Japanese VNs count as adventure games or is there not enough combining nonsensical items together to form something totally unanticipated?
>>
File: 142156_v1.jpg (38KB, 320x189px) Image search: [Google]
142156_v1.jpg
38KB, 320x189px
>>384186079

Haha, the item puzzles in TLJ were so rediculus sometimes - I distinctly remember the one with the rubber floating duck.

I would say it depends on the VN. Obviously, a VN is it's own genre, but just like there are "point-and-click puzzle adventure games" I'd allow there to also be "VN adventure games."
>>
I won't say I like the genre overall, but I can get into them sometimes. I just don't like games with needless amounts of instant-death every time you move in the wrong direction. It's a senseless way to hamper progress.

>>384186079

Visual novels are adventure games so long as there are choices to make.
>>
>>384186670
I'd agree with this.

The Experiment was really excellent about it - as much as you might try, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to kill Lea (the chick in the pic). I went through the entire game and the worst thing that happened was I made her black out from heat stroke one time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.