[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Automata so fucking ANIME compared to the grittiness of Nier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: papa.png (1MB, 1049x1529px) Image search: [Google]
papa.png
1MB, 1049x1529px
Why is Automata so fucking ANIME compared to the grittiness of Nier?
>>
>>384179584
Probably because you're so fat
>>
>>384179584
Because Nier was a normal (buff as fuck super) human with a magic book helping him out a bit, while the Androids have super advanced technology enhancing everything they do, but they're only machines with a loose understanding of actual human behavior since there aren't any humans around.

There's no Black Scrawl or maddened Replicants all over the place, just Androids and Machines gradually coming to terms with the reality of the world and reaching the end result of peace as the mad ones dwindle.
>>
>>384179584
Because you played the Xbox version.
>>
I didn't know playing as a boy who looks so much like a girl that he becomes a crossdressing prostitute was considered gritty
>>
>>384179584
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>playing the American Nier
lmao

Get a modded PS3 and play the translated version of the real Nier you casual
>>
>>384182173

You mean the American version. Even the US PS3 version had Papa Nier.
>>
File: nierjp.jpg (208KB, 622x808px) Image search: [Google]
nierjp.jpg
208KB, 622x808px
>>384179584
I take it you're unaware of the original Nier, right?
>>
>>384179584
attracting the weeb audience
>>
File: 1497143608179.png (160KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1497143608179.png
160KB, 872x632px
>>384182424
>listening ching chong speak
>ever
>>
>>384182424
>playing as an anime fuckboi instead of a grown man trying to save his daughter

I'll pass, weeb.
>>
File: neir_r_by_ghost_butcher-d413pp1.jpg (156KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
neir_r_by_ghost_butcher-d413pp1.jpg
156KB, 900x675px
>>384179584
Because Nier is anime. Both Brother and Papa Nier look like regular anime characters.
>>
>>384179584
So I started playing Nier Gestalt yesterday and without warning one of my quests got locked out BEFORE I started the second part of the game, which has me pretty miffed as I wanted to do all of the sidequests, because I heard that the sidequest actually impart a lot of background lore. So here are my questions: Do I need to do every sidequest to get all of the endings? Am I fucked for any of the sidequests if I didn't grind out the final fishing rank? How necessary are they to getting all the significant lore in the game? Any other miscellaneous tips you have for me?
>>
>>384182424
The translation only changes father to brother though. You aren't getting the real Japanese version.
>>
>>384182924

You only need all sidequests for Ending C. You get Ending A when you beat the game the first time, then you go down the route for Ending B which gives a lot of character development, and then you get Ending C by finishing all the quests.
>>
>>384182778
It's weird. The motives of the game make much more sense for papa Nier as a father moving mountains to save his daughter has far more impact than a faggoty brother but then all of the character development is better suited to the brother rather than a father.
>>
File: No.6_cutscene_2.jpg (387KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
No.6_cutscene_2.jpg
387KB, 960x540px
>>384179584
Look at this faggot, thinking grittiness vs anime is directly proportional to how buff and ugly the main character is.
What the fuck is wrong with the western world?
>>
>>384183050
You don't need to finish all sidequests. You need to get all weapons to get ending C and D.
>>
>>384183050
I've read online that after you get an ending it puts you into the start of part 2, essentially meaning you can never go back to part 1. So if I missed sidequests from part 1 am I just fucked then?
>>
>>384182924
you don't even need all sidequests to platinum the game
>>
>>384179584
Nier Gestalt isn't even the canon game. Replicant is. Why the fuck wasn't Replicant translated?
>>
>>384183208
I dunno, gooks are weirdos who obsesses over their imouto-oniichan shit
>>
>>384180093
>Neir
>humans

you didn't play it, or you didn't pay attention?
>>
>>384183803
knock it off, it's the same shit + oniichan ugu shit
>>
>>384183507
The other anon was wrong. You need to obtain all of the weapons in-game to unlock endings C and D. They are unlocked through sidequests, shops, and locations that are all accessible in the second half of the game. You're fine
>>
>>384179584
>Nier is gritty because he's old man instead of teenager
Wow, whoever suggested the change was right.
>>
>>384182424
It technically is "Japanese Nier" as well.
>>
The thing Automata is missing is a girl with a penis. That's why it will never be as good as Nier.
>>
>Weiss isn't in Automata
>there's not a single character as grand
>>
>>384187828
I wish Weiss's voice actor came back just to dub over the Pod's lines as Weiss's if you're using that costume for him.
>>
Papa Nier being a grimey looking older man was the entire reason the first game caught my eye. Now Automata you get a literal fucking fuccboi complete with a fucking choker.
>>
>>384183870
Did you?
Gestalts are humans removed from their original bodies.
Replicants are copies of the humans' original bodies that gained their own consciousness.
Either they are two halves of what make a whole human, or both are humans in their own way.
>>
>>384188157
Yeah I have a fetish for burly man-meat pounding my throat, the musky oily scent of deteriorating past-prime males filling my nostrils as my chin gets beaten by wrinkly sack too.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.