[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you actually prefer the new Cave Story graphics and music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: cs_toroko_compare-custom.png (19KB, 495x248px) Image search: [Google]
cs_toroko_compare-custom.png
19KB, 495x248px
How many of you actually prefer the new Cave Story graphics and music?
>>
I do like the updated graphics more, but when you say new music, do you actually mean the new music setting or the remastered original music?

The new music setting is shit, but the remastered original soundtrack is the best.
>>
>>384174643
I prefer the original ones, way more chibi-lookin

chibi is my jam
>>
>>384174643
>Graphics
New, because old graphics made me always see quote as looking directly sideways with his one eye being sideburns, I can make him out better in new.
>OST
Old, the remastered songs are too busy. The Final Boss battle is like 10 times worse than the original as well, with the best part of the song completely drowned out by rapid beeps and piano noises.
>>
>>384174643
I unironically don't care about graphics as long there's the bare minimum to show how the character is supposed to look, for the rest my imagination can fix that. So I'm just fine with the original ones.

I understand why people would pick the updated ones though.
>>
I bought it for the Switch and I enjoy it
>>
File: 1487213502989.png (106KB, 519x456px) Image search: [Google]
1487213502989.png
106KB, 519x456px
>>384174643
The new graphics are fine. I prefer some of the older ones but the one that I like the most from the newer graphics are Quote's own graphics. In the original his faced looked flat as a pancake and I could barely even tell he was looking directly at the player the entire time.
The 3DS music is great but I don't really like the songs from the other remasters as much as I like the original.

>>384176276
I'm proud of you for supporting the devs, anon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8hdh0UFxJk
Best track in the game, out of any mode, right here.
>>
>>384174643

The actually competent music remix from Cave Story+ is definitely better than the original in most cases (maybe except for boss music). The remix of Scorching Back is ear sex.

The Wiiware version soundtrack is trash.

I can take or leave the graphics update, it doesn't really make a difference. It's a very faithful recreation.
>>
>>384174643
New graphics are nice. The Wii music has a lot of ups and downs, and the remastered OST is mostly shit.
>>
does Cave Story+ have remastered graphics? it's the only version i've played
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS HUZZAH
>>
File: Toaster.jpg (15KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
Toaster.jpg
15KB, 300x199px
>>384177435
>>
>>384174643
Damn, they're already making Undertale homages?
>>
>>384176514
yo that ain't wind fortress
>>
>>384177879
Bait aside, I am genuinely terrified that one day people will think that Cave Story was inspired by Undertale or some shit. Its already a fucking crime that Undertale beat out Cave Story in terms of popularity.
>>
>>384176375
>I'm proud of you for supporting the devs, anon.
You're fucking joking, right?
>>
>>384178380
Undertale pandered a lot more than Cave Story and was significantly shorter and easier

Really Cave Story came out at a bad time for indie games when it came to garnering attention. It's also having its corpse paraded around by Nicalis
>>
Organya > Remaster > Famitracks > Literal Shit > Cave Story+
>>
I guess it depends on which OST.
The Wii Ware version was notoriously bad, to the point where it makes the originals sound like the enhanced remix instead of the other way around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or2ltOp3XYY
>>
>>384178954
Why and how does every other version of the OST somehow manage to completely fuck up the original.
>>
>>384174643
You could say I prefer the new ones, although it didn't make the game better for me, it was already good enough to be perfectly enjoyable.
I'm glad they did it anyway, it must have reached a lot larger userbase because of this.
>>
>>384178567

Cave Story literally put indie games on the map. It's still the most famous indie game even if it's not currently being talked about that much.
>>
>>384176276
Me too
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.