[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally decided to go back and finish it after having been a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Professor_Layton_6[1].jpg (145KB, 289x258px) Image search: [Google]
Professor_Layton_6[1].jpg
145KB, 289x258px
Finally decided to go back and finish it after having been a shameless fanatic of the series up until this game's release. I've always heard the prequel trilogy is regarded as "lesser" than the original trilogy and honestly, I can see why.

There was a sense of closure, I guess, but what I really think is that Layton simply got too big for its britches, we went from "it was puzzle-loving robots" to "it was literally a civilization of ancient aliens who built jew golems". Curious Village is a fucking fossil to this day, but it was charming, had a story to tell, and told it well. By raising the stakes and throwing in overarching "fate of the world" plots where each game tries to "one-up" the one that came before it, shit just got too complex and out of whack, even for Layton twist standards.

I only went back to it because Lady Layton is out on the 20th. Hopefully by giving the series a long break (burnout probably contributed to the quality decline) and reducing the scope of the plot, the series can go back to its roots.
>>
I think they just didn't know what to do with the character after Unwound Future. I mean how do they possibly surpass the ending to that game? It was perfect

They had to go back and do prequels, undoing all the character development because they simply didn't know how to proceed
>>
>>384173858
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's ever pitched this but read my lips: P R O F E S S O R T R I T O N

Or why not just have come up with Lady Layton immediately after Unwound Future?
>>
I just didn't care for the 3DS shift. They tried adding too much game play as weird as that sounds. I liked Layton as a puzzle delivery system with a little bit of intrigue in between them.
>>
>>384175151
This. Layton games are supposed to be random puzzles + a charming mystery story
>>
>>384175151
>>384175297
I didn't really mind the shift to 3D but I do hate how the magnifying glass works. The emphasis on 3D made them switch from the touch screen as the focus to the top screen, even though the touch screen was fucking perfect for how the games work
>>
>>384173858
This. Unwound future made even the first two Layton games feel lame
>>
>>384173521
>that seven-twist pileup at the end
>the scene where they make it look like they're going to die even though they can't because it's a prequel

the orphanage flashback still made me tear up though
>>
>>384173521
The ending was lame animeclusterfuck, but I did enjoy the episodic structure of the game. Made it feel like saturday morning cartoon.
>>
>>384173521

Yeah, the prequel got too grandiose with its scale, and I say this as someone who enjoyed the super fortress of genocide in Unwound Future.
>>
>>384178813
It was a mistake to make the game prequels with what they were trying to do. You already knew how everything was going to turn out because ITS A FUCKING PREQUEL
>>
>>384179523

There was no reason to do this crap other than to have Luke around. All this shit could have easily been done after Unwound Future but Level-5 just HAD to include their precious shota in it.

I'm not even sure if it was a good marketing decision, girls playing the games are in it for the professor, and Flora could have worked to bring in male waifufags, or Emmy failing that.
>>
>playing the mask game
>Who could it be?
>Unrelatedly, let me just tell you about my friend Ralph who died, or maybe he didnt we don't know, when we were kids
Just shut up and give me more puzzles
>>
>>384180670
>"GEE PROFESSOR, I WONDER WHO THAT MASKED GUY COULD BE?! WHY DON'T YOU TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR MYSTERIOUS FRIEND, WHO COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAVE ANY RELEVANCE TO THIS STORY??!!"

Fuck I hate that game so much
>>
>>384180670
>>384180989
All worth it for Luke waking up with bedhead
>>
>>384173858
Which makes it more bizarre that the game teases a new game set after that never came

Also, was I the only one waiting for a timeskip with Luke as the MC? Dunno who this lady is
>>
Lady Layton is out soon?
>>
>>384184150
July 20th for iOS/Android in English and Japanese and 3DS in Japanese.

English 3DS in the fall.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.