[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch is cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

Why do Overwatch fans have to compare their game to literally every multiplayer shooter ever?
> Overwatch vs Battleborn
> Overwatch vs Lawbreakers
> Overwatch vs Call of Duty IW
>Overwatch vs Battlefield
but the moment anyone even makes the smallest comparison to team fortress 2 around them they immediately explode in a fit of autistic rage.
>>
Because Overwatch is the objectively best multiplayer fps ever made and revolutionized the genre in so many ways that triggered snowflakes like you trying to criticise it just sound incredibly pathetic. There is no point in even telling you this because you are too blinded by your butthurt but there is atleast the small chance that youll finally get a grip and heck off.
>>
>>384165494
We're in a good six or seven layers of irony here. Maybe more.
>>
>>384164706
No see TF2 was just another class based shooter, Blizzard went and made a whole new genre of game called the Hero Shooter. Now everyone is trying to quickly release their inferior copycat game in an effort to cash in.
>>
File: 1499385844999.png (72KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
1499385844999.png
72KB, 449x498px
>>384164706
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, where everyone keeps comparing their game to Overwatch to feel superior.
>>
>>384164706
Helps them fight off buyer's remorse.
>>
Because Blizzdrones do the exact same thing with comparing every MMO in existence to WoW even if they're completely different in style.
>>
>>384164706
Why do you assume that every person that plays overwatch does this? I enjoy the game, but don't shitpost like a cock-breath mong
>>
>>384164706

I prefer overwatch to all of those games, but not really to TF2.
>>
>>384167001
You just did though
>>
>>384167090
Which game did I compare it to?
>>
>>384166887
Is it safe to assume then that Overwatch is the WoW of multiplayer fps?
>>
>>384167352
That depends entirely on how long the game will stay alive.
>>
>>384167320
You didnt. But you say you dont shitpost while strawmanning OP.
>>
>>384164706
>>384166647

Can someone explain to me why overwatch suceeded where tf2 failed? I can't really tell mush of a difference between the two games besides one is free and the other isnt.

Is it because blizzard's marketing/PR is millions of times better than valve's?
>>
>>384168041
Ah yes. His intelligent argument, which definitely wasn't made for (You)s
>>
>>384168372
>Is it because blizzard's marketing/PR is millions of times better than valve's?

Yep, OW advertisement was plastered all over cities and tons of venues (movie theaters, fast food, bowling alleys, etc.).
>>
>>384166887
Well to be fair, pretty much every modern MMO copied WoW
That's why they suck ass
>>
>>384168674
You think anyone enjoyed reading your shit reply?
>>
>>384168372
>TF2
>failed
???
It's 10 years old and still gets 50k+ players daily
>>
>>384168372
Overwatch is "new" while TF2 is almost ten years old. Regardless of quality, people will tire of it after 10 years
There's also the whole "Blizzard can do no wrong" mentality that idiots like to believe
>>
>Even Hawaiian mythology ripped off Overwatch
lamo
>>
>>384169130
You must have since you keep replying
>>
>>384168372
OW is actually just aping all the stuff that worked for TF2 and avoiding some mistakes it made, TF2 was the testing ground for a lot of shit, some worked and some didn't. As for why TF2 is failed right now, its because the game was designed with updates in mind, same as OW, and now those updates are gone, the core gameplay isn't what kept people, it was novelty, the same thing will happen with OW too.
>>
>>384168372
How did TF2 fail exactly? It was amazingly popular for ages.

Although I'm pretty sure OW will be played just as much for quite a while you can't really compare a game in its current state if been out for almost a decade to another one thats only been out for barely over an year.
>>
File: 142442223224.jpg (25KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
142442223224.jpg
25KB, 364x366px
why does Blizzard outright copy shit and get praised for their unoriginal creations?
>>
>>384164706
This game would be considered AMAZING if it would have more heroes. See, We only have like 4 healers all of them semi singletarget and the only one with interesting mechanics is Lucio with wallride and switching between heal and speed. Also Defense heroes are a complete joke since they are very niche and only fit to a specific comp/situation AND some of the Damage and Tank heroes are unviable/other Damage and Tank heroes are overall better than them. This game really suffers from a small hero pool wich ruins many aspects of the game like strats and counters and depth. Really disapointed
Also before you say I haven't played the game I was Diamond last season
>>
>>384169247
Just enjoying the (You)s desu senpai
>>
@384169665
IM CUTTING YOU OFF
>>
they're trying to prove it's not actually just a strategy game with FPS mechanics
>>
>>384164706
>Why do people compare games from the same genre?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>384169872
fuck you
>>
>>384168372
TF2 was insanely successful

Don't forget they pioneer the crate system and made millions

Valve fucked up by not supporting the console release though.
>>
>>384164706
I didn't know there were only 4 multiplayer shooters in existance
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.