[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter Beginner Suggestions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2343.jpg (863KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2343.jpg
863KB, 2000x1000px
Hey /v/, I've only been hearing good things about this series, and I want to try it out, but I don't know where to start. Should I wait for World, or should I go for something like pic related or U4? I don't have any Sony consoles.
>>
4U is the most polished "core" experience with a slightly more fleshed out village mode with cool cutscenes

Gen is newer and has more diversity in playstyle as well as some QoL changes, but it's a bit more casual in village and adept style teaches bad habits.

You can wait for world but it's not a very good representation of the series from the footage we have now.
>>
>>384162121
Good to know, thanks.
>>
Play FU you pussy ass fagget. As a bonus you can emulate it on PC with a proper controller so you don't have to mangle your hand in order to play properly.
>>
>>384162946
Isn't that one also on iOS?
>>
>>384163206
It's an unpolished game and has been bested years ago

some still live in delusion though
>>
pick one up and play it now if it interests you. i like 4U quite a lot, Gen is fun too. i'm sure plenty of folks around here would love to play with you online, too. MH is a lot of fun.
>>
>>384163206
Yeah but if you even consider playing MonHun on a phone you need to kill yourself ASAP.
>>
>>384161240
if you have a 3ds go for 4U, after you put 300 hours into that game and want more you can consider generations. 4U is a more complete experience with story etc, generations is a spinoff with weird new mechanics

you can emulate FU and P3rd on PC (both PSP), both are great to start, FU will feel clunky if you play one of the newer games first and go back
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3MB, 245x263px) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3MB, 245x263px
>tfw no mhgenerations on vita
>>
>>384163537
True

>>384163794
Alright nice
>>
Go for 4U if you have a 3DS, it's the most solid entry and runs great and looks way better than Gen. If you have a Wii U you could get 3U, I like it a lot some people hate the underwater combat.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.