[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caastlevania Netflix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: Netflix-Castlevania.jpg (24KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Netflix-Castlevania.jpg
24KB, 700x500px
So this had some cool fight scenes and decent environmental shots, but seriously what's with the over-the-top edginess?

>muh cursing everty sentence
>muh "church/religion is actually the true evil" subplot
>"Your God has abandoned you" [kills priest in church with shots of Jesus stained glass windows]
>overly gory and excessively violent shots of women and children (including babies) getting killed/mauled

The creators of this show want to make a Metroid cartoon after this but I don't think I would like it if it's even as remotely over-the-top/try-hard in it's edginess like this.
>>
castlevania has always been excessively edgy and gory
>>
>>384153007
Is it even possible to make a good game anime?
>>
>>384153007
>Dracula is also satan in the universe
>Surprised he does mean things to christians/enemies

Hmm, surprising
>>
>>384153143
This is still pretty good overall, don't get me wrong. It just seems like Avi Shankur or whatever his name is went over-the-top in his "gritty re-imagining" for the show.

>>384153457
But the priests in the first episode refer to satan and dracula as two different figures. They thought he was the devil at first but then when he showed himself they go "You're Dracula! You're supposed to be a myth invented by peasants!" or whatever.
>>
>>384153787
>But the priests in the first episode refer to satan and dracula as two different figures.
As far as the games is concerned. Dracula is flat out said to the opposite of God. Maybe the show will do something different from that. Or not.
>>
>>384153007
>christcuck crying again

Jesus didn't even exist. He was a Jewish revolutionary that got executed and his life was reimagined by the Romans when they needed a convenient way to placate the masses.
>>
>>384154479
They don't mean it literally. It's not like Dracula existed since the dawn of time.
>>
>>384154787
Well yeah. But he's still more or less considered Satan anyway.
>>
>>384153007
If you actually paid attention, you'd know this isn't the case

>overly gory and excessively violent shots of women and children (including babies) getting killed/mauled
>muh cursing everty sentence
Are you ten years old? There was nothing excessive about all that. Seemed pretty tame to be honest.
>>
>>384153007

They're not wrong.
>>
File: 1499782074031.jpg (990KB, 2597x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1499782074031.jpg
990KB, 2597x1188px
Don't buy into the shilling
>>
File: 1469285990535.png (72KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1469285990535.png
72KB, 500x514px
>>384153007

That would be consistent with earth's history, which the Castlevania universe happens to take place in.

Funny how people discourage historical proprietary only when it doesn't agree with their biases. Reminds me of a certain board.
>>
>Church higher-ups use the institution as glorified organized crime and to exert control over the masses, many of their subordinates are basically thugs in robes, which is historically accurate as anyone with even rudimentary knowledge of what people in the church hierarchy got up to, can attest to
>Sypha's religious order, the Speakers, as well as a minor unnamed priest that helps Trevor and the villagers resist Dracula's hordes are portrayed positively

You're just looking for something to be offended by.
>>
>british "anime"
>>
File: vampire wip 02.jpg (371KB, 1136x977px) Image search: [Google]
vampire wip 02.jpg
371KB, 1136x977px
>>384156202
plot-twist: this guy is the real shill in these threads and tries to instigate a flamewar to keep the thread alive and maximize the amount of people who get reminded of this show's existence.
>>
The only people that don't see the implicit irony in the general edginess of Castlevania's story tropes are privileged westerners who's only exposure to religion is entirely based around zionist nutjobs. The messaging and tone are much easier to understand by anyone familiar with the East's religious history, a place where LE EDGY FEDORA SHITPOSTER has next to no ability to connect the dots now that he's outside of his own religion-based culture. There's a lot less enthusiasm to read or learn about things worthy of a tipping when he's not mad that mommy made him go to sunday school.
>>
>>384156202
The first 2 are gay as fuck pussy boy faggot shit. The third is the sweet spot.
>>384153007
How many times does that make op? you have posted this thread 11? times. i hope you are a paid shill at least your life would have meaning then.
>>
File: 1481283023608.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481283023608.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>384153007

>being such a christcuck

>didn't even understand the critique it gave you

the local (normal) pastor was able to make holy water for trevor since he seem to be truer to the virtues of christianity than that big organised one who killed so many innocents, hence even the demons knew he was a sinner through an through

you are such a fucking idiot holy just kill yourself you subhuman mouthbreather
>>
>>384153007
The problem with it was the fact that it was boring as shit. Couldn't stomach 2 episodes of that garbage, and I love Castlevania.
>>
>>384153007
>Church is evil
Nah. More like stupid and ignorant and use the whole God stuff to manipulate uneducated people. Just like in the middle ages and even then there were exceptions.

>The Bishop getting killed in the church by Drac's demons
Due to the fact that what he did was something God would never have approved of (aka: killing innocent people in HIS name). If he were a good person then it would've ended differently.
>>
Those awful marvel anime make alot of sense after seeing this dogshit, he was credit for the story for all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2jTogBrWrA
>>
File: 89479744467.jpg (14KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
89479744467.jpg
14KB, 306x306px
>>384160790
You realize you sound like a beta orbiter right now, right? You're probably a cuck, too.
>>
>>384161825
Shut it frogposter.
>>
Trevor Belmont is an unlikable twat and jack sparrow wannabe. The main bad guys are evil ninja priests that i don't give a shit about. Dracula is a wimpering bitch crying over his dumb dead bitch wife. Show sucks and made Castlevania seem boring. Could've been so much better but retards are making it.
>>
>>384154626
[citation needed]
>>
>>384162545
Yeah, that was another point I forgot to put in the OP. They made Trevor such a try-hard "I'm too cool to care" douchebag anti-hero. How are we supposed to like him? Just because he's ex-communicated and disliked by everyone? It's hard to root for someone who's already a douchebag just because everyone else doesn't like them either.
>>
>>384153007

It wasn't though. The fact the bishop could make holy water and that demons could enter the church are implicit examples that God exists and is good.
>>
>pretending to be an asspained catholic cuck is the next big shitposting trend
Epic
>>
>>384153007
Why do so many people have to default to just straight-up baiting people when they make new threads? It's not even effective for starting discussion here since the netflix Castlevania is still new and popular. You're just poisoning the well right out of the gate. fuck you
>>
>>384153142
This is SOTN revisionism.
During the NES era it was just spooky.

This would be the theme song of the show if I made it.
https://youtu.be/oq_ngneq4hE
>>
>>384163650
The series has had gore since Bloodlines. Honestly trashy b movie style horror not being edgy would be a massive mistake.
>>
>>384163974
Yeah, I'm not saying it would be a popular decision, but at least I'd like it more than this western anime thing.
>>
>>384153007
Why are christcucks constantly creating buttmad threads on this board, while simultaneously implying that the fat, neckbeard atheist strawman constantly wants to be debated? Cant they See the irony?
>>
I just beat rondo of blood, sotn, and super castlevania IV. Which one should I play next? This show put me on a castlevania Castlevania kick.
>>
>>384153007
I'm guessing you don't know who Warren Ellis is.
>>
>>384166270
Castlevania Chronicles for the canon (according to IGA) Simon adventure. Or Castlevania 3 so you can see what inspired the show.
>>
File: xxADI_SKANKxx.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
xxADI_SKANKxx.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>384153007
>but seriously what's with the over-the-top edginess?
>>
>>384153007
I had no problem with the violence and gore it seems to fit Castlevania but I pretty much agree with everything else, i was thinking immediately after i watched it that the writer must've had serious issues with religion

should've just the left personal politics out of castlevania
>>
>>384153007
I really enjoyed the series for all those reasons you mentioned. Except the swearing.
>>
File: ZHfYkyT.jpg (29KB, 528x672px) Image search: [Google]
ZHfYkyT.jpg
29KB, 528x672px
>Takes place in Romania
>Everybody except the notGypsies has some kind of British accent

I can understand Trevor Belmont since that's a British name but there's literally no reason why everybody else should have Cockney accents and shit.

Why the FUCK do they keep doing that with historical works? It's the same shit with anything involving ancient Rome.
>>
>>384168447
It's easier to hide bad acting behind an accent
>>
I really have no issue with the church being portrayed as corrupt.

As someone else pointed out there was a priest able to bless and make holy water.

This shows that individual believers are not evil or anything like that. Only that the upper echelons of the church are corrupt.

My main criticism of the show is how short it is and because of that how they had to cram tons of world building in. Granted the decision of 4 half hour long episodes probably wasn't their idea but it still sucks. I would've enjoyed seeing Dracula and Lisa's relationship delved into more but maybe we'll have flashbacks in season 2?

As to the retards saying Trevor is too edgy I have a hard time believing you wouldn't all be salty fucks if put in his shoes.
>>
>>384166270
I really enjoyed the one where you played as a werewolf as a kid.
>>
George Soros bought millions on Netflix shares so the shows have to follow his evil agenda.
>>
Netflix shills out in full force today
>>
>>384169142
>FOX news
Come on /pol/, apply yourself at least.
>>
>>384153007

So it's just like real life?
>>
>>384153007
how come this generation of kids are scared of anything violent?
you see one person die and suddenly its too edgy and dark.

im guessing thats why there are so many trannies and gays now. everyone is just so fucking fragile these days.
>>
>>384153007

Why does every idiot bring this up? The new and older bishop were simply power hungry assholes along with their partners in crime, nothing else. They had nothing to do with Christianity with their evil intentions, and get killed for their stupid assumptions.

The only thing that was missing from the show was Castlevania songs and more monster variety. Other than that it was pretty okay.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.