[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terraria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

File: LOL.jpg (116KB, 579x337px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
116KB, 579x337px
What do you want to see in Terraria 2/Otherworld?
>>
Workshop support.
>>
>>384150353
Multiple dungeons per world.More unique aet bonuses, like the stuff we got towards the end of Terraria. And like >>384150421 said, workshop support would be very nice.
>>
No enemies that home in on your position and have large amount of hp so you can't kill them fast enough or even evade, because they just follow you instead of charging once or twice, no enemies that can go through walls and shoot projectiles that go through walls, no random events like bosses appearing on their own when you barely have anything to defend yourself with, no buffing said bosses for shit reasons like players being able to build arenas for farming. Also why even give the option of hardcore character that gets deleted after one death if you have everything listed above?
>>
choice of starting biome
>>
>>384150353

Some more melee weapons that don't get invalidated by fucking yoyos would be nice.
>>
>>384150353
Some kind of warmth and hunger system would be cool. It would make your cabin outposts that much cozier.
>>
>>384150353

Bigger world with more biomes that need to be unlocked some how.
More equipment variety instead of just melee, ranged, magic and summoning.
More of everything.

That'll do me.
>>
>>384150353
What do we know about it anyways? Haven't heard about it for a long time but didn't really search for it I must admit.
>>
>>384151276
Did they really buff the bosses? Is it even practical to fight them without an arena now?

>>384151694
>warmth
okay
>hunger
fuck you
>>
being able to loop around the world like in Starbound
>>
Good online
>>
>>384150353
Better UI and some content that you can revisit after fighting the final bosses.
>>
being released
>>
RPG elements
Skills quests adventure rewards
>>
>>384151868
http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Terraria:_Otherworld
>>
>>384150353
Going full corruption
>>
>>384150353
Dupes, like in Garry's Mod. If I build something that takes a lot of time, and I want to have it in another world, I shouldn't have to map it out on a piece of graph paper if I want it to be right. A dupe would be a great alternative; as long as you have the resources you can just plop your shit down where you want it.
>>
>>384151276
>No enemies that can go through walls and shoot projectiles that go through walls
Fighting the celestial towers was awful because of this. Speaking of buffs, did they buff those towers in an update?
>>
File: 1495455643387.jpg (171KB, 1024x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495455643387.jpg
171KB, 1024x1200px
Workshop support and ease of modding like Starbound. Terraria 2 could just be a re-released version of 1 with a new engine that's easier to mod + Workshop support and I'd buy it.
>>
>>384150353
No gimping farms/arenas. In a building game, players should be rewarded for building.

Rework corruption and hollow spread to adjacent blocks only. Annoying as fuk digging infinite tunnels thru the earth

Positive events

More "fun" bosses like king slime that aren't tied to progression
>>
>>384152226
This would be super useful. Maybe have a resource tax on it to encourage actually building shit and not always just googling bleu-prints.
>>
Better ways to deal with corruption. Digging holes to hell every 128 isn't fun.
>>
>>384151694
A temperature system would be pretty neat, cold in the ice zone and hot in the desert. Obviously campfires and clothes with help with the former, but how would you deal with the later? Water, canvas tent, oasis?
>>
>>384152469
Extra survival things like this should be part of an ultra-survivor mode similar to Fallout New Vegas.. except fun.
>>
>>384152434
blocks, 128 blocks

Also I think there needs to be a reason for the pyramids to exist. In Terraria if your pyramid doesn't have a flying carpet then why the fuck bother? Even the flying carpet isn't very good but it's still the best thing in the pyramids, which is kind of sad. Oh, and make the Angler less of a pain in my ass too.
>>
>>384152469
Move in at night? Shade? Magic A/C? Bring ice from snow biome to cool down indoors?
>>
>>384150353
I got a decent list, despite loving Terraria 1 it's got its faults.

>A better system of movement mechanics in the game.
Terraria's base problem is that you have to stack movement in order to really evade things, or use a hook. This is inherently flawed imo simply because it's not in the base games design to use this. Redigit himself I think at one point stated he doesn't like this, so more fluid movement needs to be a thing. Give terrarians wallkicks, a built in shield of cthulu dash, and doublejumps that you learn from a skill tree. Something that doesn't take up a inventory slot.

>Find a way to make Melee more relevant and not just a glorified throwing/ranged class with more defense
There are ways to do this. The melee weapons in Terraria are flawed at their core and need mass reworking.

>Give terrarian's a offhand to hold torches/mine with the other
Doesn't have to necessarily be dual wielding with weapons, just tools is fine.

>Give the player the choice on whether biomes creep or not
This is annoying as fuck in the first game for builders or people who like their world in general. IF you dont give them a choice in creep, at least provide a better option to control crimson/corrupt/hallowed. The fucking clementinator sucks huge dick, and its the best option so that says something. Maybe a purity seed or something that can be planted and makes a area never corruptable/hallow/crimson again. In my years of playing Terraria I've never completely removed corruption/crimson/hallow because it's just a ridiculous and unfair undertaking to remove it all.

some other things
>make the world even deeper
>let there be even more layers to equips like combine excal with enchanted sword for super beams or something
>allow equips to have a vanity slot so you can appear to use another weapon that you like.
>No more enemies/spells clipping through rocks unless its a digging animal like a worm
>>
File: 1499905229884.jpg (17KB, 232x288px) Image search: [Google]
1499905229884.jpg
17KB, 232x288px
>>384153295
So you want them to make the game easier, and more like WoW?
>>
>>384153694
Easier=\= given proper mechanical functionality. I've played the game over 1000 hours, I'm far from inexperienced. Stop spewing bullshit, I know we're on /v/ but come on.
>>
Portals and/or Dimensions for adding more biomes without clogging worlds and so you can have larger biomes or dungeons that aren't vulnerable to being dug around without bullshit restrictions.
>>
>>384151886
In Expert mode at least Plantera was kinda bullshit and you can no longer beat Moonlord by having all the buffs, standing in honey with over 100 armor and lots of regen and all defensive bonuses. But you can beat Moonlord by sitting in a sanickart and shooting anything at him while he tries to teleport near you. Mothron just decides to stay on your position sometimes until you die, really good AI here. Melee is mostly useless against bosses, except yoyps™, but they probably suck now too. Pillars are shit, especially solar one when it spawns 5 guys charging at you, you can evade them, but if you do then you have to deal with a flying snake that charges at you as soon as you jump and deals tons of damage. Not fun.
>>
>>384153925
>making enemies less able to kill me isn't making it easier, it's MECHANICAL FUNCTIONALITY!
>making PvP even more of a crapshoot because of vanity is a GREAT IDEA!
>remove creep! It's not like you're SUPPOSED to have to be constantly dealing with the threat of corruption or anything!
Right, right. I'm spewing bullshit, that's all.
>>
>>384154256
I don't know any of those names, I just haven't played in a few years and I'm planning to do it again with a friend. He's a casual, though, so I was wondering if it would get frustrating for him. Thanks.
>>
>>384154915
Don't do expert mode, it mostly just enemies having shitton hp and dealing more damage even if you have more armor, enemies that do have special attacks are not worth it, droprates are random anyway, who needs that +0.10% and special drops bosses have are shit, except for the worm. The final boss drops a thing that's worse than a gravitation potion.
For me the game feels more multiplayer oriented, but I play solo. Do play with your friend, but just on normal.
>>
>>384152095
I really didnt care for the artstyle at first but i gotta say its growing on me
>>
>>384150353
a second layer, like monster world, with doors
>>
>>384150421
fpbp
>>
>>384150353
The ability to make alloys, so metals don't become mostly useless as the game goes on.
>>
>>384152887
plz spawn diving gear.
>>
>>384153295
just being able to swing down would solve a lot of melee problems.
>>
>>384154915
>>384155386
dont listen to that guy expert mode is better
just way harder skeletron always kicks my ass
but expert mode has more content a lot more
>>
I honestly don't know. I consider Terraria to be as close as it gets to perfect.
>>
I want a crafting station that you put tools in, instead of having to dedicate a massive room in whatever fort I build to a workbench, three different anvils, forge, alchemy table, a sawmill, loom, cooking pot, a spinning wheel, some other tinkerer's workshop, a sculptor's wheel, a mason lodge, a douchebag's bookcase, etc.

If you absolutely have to have it inconvenient, just make it so that there are only so many slots to hold tools in your workbench, and you have to switch them out to make different recipes in it. Then give it more slots when you craft your base workbench out of higher-tiered materials.

Not that hard.
>>
>>384159008
i just want a way to find out what i can craft
instead of grabbing everything out of my 20 chests
to see what i can do and then putting the stuff back and grabbing more to do the same thing over and over again
>>
>>384157649
>expert mode
>a lot more content
Sure do love waiting for longer respawn times and killing 50 more enemies to get rid of pillarshit.
>>
Different biomes effect the character according to what they are (i.e: being cold in a frozen biome)
>>
S E R V E R
>>
>>384159571
yeah what spaz wants Developer items new weapons and items A sixth accessory slot
new enemies and bosses that are not braindead
just very fucking hard
fuck you skeletron fuck you plantra and fuck that cultist
>>
Some reward for 100% purity/corruption
>>
>>384151921
Would you still have beaches or just have the ocean on each end connect?
>>
>>384150353
I just want to see them. Preferably in foreseeable future. I'm getting sick of starbound and fracking autism.
>>
>>384150353
I'd like the game to be slowed down
Early and mid game everything feels comfy since youre just unlocking better weapons and movement options and by endgame its just a fucking bullet hell and DPS checks and gear and stuff like some pseudo MMO
>>
File: 554353.png (28KB, 201x173px) Image search: [Google]
554353.png
28KB, 201x173px
>tfw I can't play terraria anymore since steam stopped working for me
>>
>>384161171
Who the hell wants developer items?
There is only 1 ((one) I) new weapon and it's a boss drop and it's a throwing weapon, so it sucks by default.
Accessory slot is good, but doesn't work in non-expert worlds.
Enemy AI barely matters it all boils down to "this shit has more damage, hp, defence and projectiles now go through walls, hope you like evading stuff for 1-2 minutes longer"
The whole post-cultist part is ass and since final boss barely even drops anything usefull, you have to do boring ass pillars a couple of times more to be able to craft armor and shit, but guess what you're out of that stuff that pillars drop, because you crafted weapons and then you go and kill pillars a couple of times more. Congratulations, you are now slightly more powerful and there's nothing new to fight.
>>
A way of playing where I can just chill and build shit for a while without worrying about faggy ass invasions or the crimson.

Creative god mode has no point
Regular mode wants you to be on the main quest's ass 24/7

I want a middle point.
>>
I think I may make a server. How do I make one though? Spoonfeed me.
>>
>>384150353
Banana guns.
At least 500 NPC's
Some sort of story mode.
Dating System
Traveling companions/pets who can attack enemies.
Banana Wizard
At least 10 trillion bosses.
>>
>>384162925
>At least 10 trillion bosses.
Gearbox, stop.
>>
>>384150353
I want terraria 2 to blow terraria 1 out of the fucking water
>>
File: 143112737453.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
143112737453.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>384150353
is that fucking loss?
>>
>>384162925
In replacement of a Banana Gun, I would recommend a Coconut Gun that fires in spurts, that if it hits you, its going to hurt. (Toss gun to do projectile damage)
>>
File: 1498007038884.jpg (88KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
1498007038884.jpg
88KB, 493x637px
>>384163387
oh goddamnit
>>
I want scrolling dungeons. Like the wall of flesh but it's traversing a dungeon.

Terraria had the engine for being a fun, quick run & gun action rpg but there is not a single challenge for this. In my head, when I think about Terraria's gameplay, I think of it playing more like a Spelunky speedrun, but in co-op.

Other than that, and generic content quantity, I can't think of any drastic changes.
>>
>>384163387
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: combos and creativity.gif (102KB, 503x273px) Image search: [Google]
combos and creativity.gif
102KB, 503x273px
Combos.

Tied for best post with >>384150421?
>>
>>384162596
Never mind never knew they made the Terraria server creation much more intuitive. Anyways you guys wanna do Softcore or Mediumcore?
>>
File: terraria_mobility.webm (3MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
terraria_mobility.webm
3MB, 638x360px
>>384152226
...A block-placement tool like the Grand Design for wire.
>>
>>384164556
>>384164758
???
>>
>>384165002
he fucked up and posted wrong webm
>>
>>384164628
Do softcore, tell everyone to joing with endgame characters and bring that endless bucket of water, fill hell with water.
>>
>>384165637
>tell everyone to joing with endgame characters
How about no. Anyways softcore it is I suppose. Just give me a few minutes.
>>
>>384164628
Softcore expert mode
>>
>>384159329
>opening a chest by a bench
http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Crafting_station#History
>>
>>384150353
An expert mode where it doesn't feel like your are fighting bricks. Early game and early hardmode feel awful because of this.
Oh and more mobility, you're so damn slow it get hard to dodge things in unprepared environment.
>>
>>384166534
They should just another another accessory slot or make a lot of the accessories in the game more useful.
>>
Who here dislikes the class system? Kinda discourages having a nuts on the fly arsenal of anything you can find like in pre hardmode.
>>
>>384167535
I like it because it isn't really a set in stone type of system, you can still change out to be a different class at will as long as you have the equipment.
>>
rage

test.
>>
>>384168354
Can't connect
>>
>>384168354
doesnt seem to be working
>>
>>384168646
>>384168685
Shit that's weird. Maybe it's because I haven't made a hamachi account yet? Let me try that first.
>>
>>384150353
different dimensions replacing hardmode
its really annoying having to bother with cleaning the world of hallow and corruption
also better fishing quest so it isn't a drag to make the cellphone anymore
mmo drop rates are cancer too
>>
>>384169117
>over 100 quests completed
>probably will get that achievement soon
>still no sextant, faggot keeps giving me earrings and vanity clothes
>>
>>384169381
finding various methods having the angler killed is fun
>>
>>384168901
Sorry guys I don't think it's gonna work, sorry for getting your hopes up.
>>
>>384152469
water or a hydration buff or special clothing mods/items like turbans or ponchos would work for desert mechanics if you involved temperature. wouldn't have to complicate things further with water meter or hunger.
>>
>waiting for Terraria 2:electric boogaloo
>not waiting for Starbound 2: We Learned For The Better

Starbound could be so much better than Terraria.
>>
File: terrariamulti.png (10KB, 193x111px) Image search: [Google]
terrariamulti.png
10KB, 193x111px
>>384169890
And I already got prepared and shit.
>>
File: 1496857952487.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496857952487.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>384170141
>Starbound 2
Is it real???
>>
File: ohwow.jpg (242KB, 843x656px) Image search: [Google]
ohwow.jpg
242KB, 843x656px
>>384170141
>We Learned For The Better
>>
>>384161597
Just have beaches on both ends, in between is the ocean. So like overworld/beach/ocean/beach/overworld
>>
More Underground Biomes like the underground Jungle or Mushrooms. Preferably unconnected to the surface and seemingly random in placement, unlike the existing underground jungle.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.