[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is the eternal fucking proof of how just how disgustingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 10

File: gta iv.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
gta iv.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
This game is the eternal fucking proof of how just how disgustingly contrarian /v/ is.
It was absolutely shat on for years, then V came out and it became an underrated masterpiece with "a deep, serious story", despite the fact that everyone, from the average /v/irgin to the average normalfag, criticized its overly-serious tone the most. But V is popular now so IV must be good.

Prove me wrong, you can't.
>>
File: 1425657907492.png (55KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1425657907492.png
55KB, 229x250px
>taking anything that comes out of this shit hole seriously

you're being kinda of a faggot, anon-kun
>>
shit bait
>>
File: enoughisenough.jpg (12KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
enoughisenough.jpg
12KB, 250x164px
>>384146272
How is OP bait? Hes right, majority of the board shat on IV years ago but now the majority acts like it was a grand master piece, some going even as far as defending the shitty driving.
>>
>>384145032
>>384146982

Or maybe most people who still talk about it now are the fans? Did you consider that possibility? Naturally people who still like the game after all this time will talk about it more than the haters. GTA IV has always had a dedicated fanbase
>>
>>384145032
People didn't like IV?
>>
File: laughter stops.png (146KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
laughter stops.png
146KB, 356x256px
>>384145032
Or maybe V was so bad that IV looked better in comparison?
>>
>>384148024
>This game was bad therefore it removes the flaws of another game.
>>
>>384145032
>taking a cambodian basket weaving forum seriously
>ever
?
>>
>>384145032
San Andreas will always be the best because niggers are the best criminals. Fo sho.
>>
IV had better characters though and then the game got fleshed out with nice STORY dlc, something current rockstar forgot about
>>
File: 1499527841846.jpg (229KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499527841846.jpg
229KB, 800x800px
>>384148371
Who's saying IV wasn't flawed and those flaws are erased?

For instance, the 2005 Fantastic Four movie is arguably better than the 2015 Fantastic Four movie, but the 2005 movie has a lot of problems itself, everyone knows that
>>
>>384145032
Or maybe /v/ just shits on new releases, and the consensus on old games is the only way to judge them?

Just look at all the newly released games the past 3 years. They are all trashed.
>>
I always liked IV the most before V came out, and continued to.

V is still a great game to play though for sheer content alone, but you're correct about /v/s contrarian opinions.
>>
>>384148371
Mainstream games have been so utter shit in the last 5+ years that all that disappointment made games between 2005 and 2010 look better, yes.
>>
>>384145032
I liked it so much, I bought it 3 times. Once on launch, again because I lost my game to a hurricane and lastly because the ultimate edition with the expansions was on sale.
>>
Same thing happened with Crysis.
>>
Why is there an auto aim? It completely removes the challenge of aiming your gun. Also having to constantly press a button to sprint is stupid. Why not just have normal walking and sprinting, it's not like there's stamina of which limits sprinting.
>>
>>384145032
I liked IV then and I still like it now.
>>
>>384146982
>the majority
What board have you been on? IV threads have at most 95 posters that carry it to bump limit, whereas the 3D GTAs sometimes have upwards of 170 posters in their threads. The former poster count doesn't even factor in the people who come into the threads just to say they really hate the game and leave, whereas that doesn't happen in the latter, since the 3D GTAs are the ones loved by the majority of /v/. >>384147140
is right.
>>
>>384145032
What happened is IV haters got their shit muh customization muh ken doll muh ez cars back with V so now they're happy and have shut up
>>
>>384147140
So it still has strong support? I played IV on the 360 but sold it years ago. Now I'm considering rebuying it for PC on Steam and doing mods.
>>
>>384145032
the kids that grow up with IV can now post here,wait 5 years when 2000's kiddies call gta 5 the revolution of the genre
>>
>>384149409
>it's not like there's stamina of which limits sprinting.
There is though, the characters even pant more and more erratically to tell you when they're getting tired, and they slouch over once you reach that point and stop moving for a bit
>>
>>384149228

Did a tornado take your copy of GTA?
>>
It was shat on because it has less features than SA, but the game itself is great
>>
>>384149409
Because aiming with a controller is like eating with your elbows
>>
>>384149409
Both of your criticisms are eliminated on PC
>>
>>384150705
>>384150746
I can aim with a controller just fine, why does the game have this handholding for two versions but none for one version?
>>
>>384150906
You can turn auto-aim on/off on PC if you connect a controller though
>>
>>384145032
GTA IV is the only GTA i ever played. i always felt repulsed by this series because of all the normies who played it "just to fuck shit up" by running over npcs instead of actually doing something like a mission in game, i enjoyed IV very much but i doubt i'll play another GTA again for the same reason
>>
>>384150906
Because not everyone is you. Also you can turn that off on console version.
>>
>>384151050
GTA IV is an anomaly for the series

Also, have you played the DLCs?
>>
>>384151206
played the biker one i think (lost and dammed?) and don't really remember shit from it, i also have BoGT and i always heard it's good but i never got to it
>>
>>384151323
TBoGT is really great. There's a reason why people said it was the best of the trilogy.
>>
OP is pretty fucking dumb and gay, let's leave this thread.
>>
>>384150561
Maybe, hurricanes can produce tornadoes sometimes, maybe his house got reduced to a pile of rubble or he had flooding, hurricanes usually bring floods about too.

t. Floridafag
>>
>>384150705
At least for me it wasn't. I used free aim the whole time I played IV and my headshot rate was 75% at absolute worst. Plus even if you miss, it's still fun because of the physics engine
>>
Considering all of the hate for the game is also contrarianism, why would it not disappear after a worse game in the same franchise came out?
>>
File: an1.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
an1.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>384145032
Want to know why?
Because for many here IV was babbys first GTA
Just like my first gta was san andreas
>>
Both 4 and 5 are shit but at least 5 could be fun

4 is only 'praised' because it's old enough now that kids who played it can pretend it's good due to nostalgia+low intelligence
>>
I don't know, I still think GTAIV is ass.
>>
>>384145032
It's one of the highest rated games of all time, if anyone here is a contrarian it's you.
>>
>>384145032
/v/ is an underage board and it was their first GTA. They loved 4.
>>
>>384145032
And I always praised it because I knew it was good, can't fucking prove me wrong either.
>>
>>384153338
Not in user score though
>>
>>384153338
that will actually be GTA V
>>
>>384145032
Bought it the day it released and loved it.
>>
>>384153338
Mass Effect 2 was also one of the highest rated game ever and it was merely okay
>>
Is it possible to have an opinion that IV was flawed but generally good? The boring story/missions was the only real downside.
>>
>>384150705
You don't even need any accuracy to beat the game. Why are PC players such shitters they can't adapt?
>>
I've beaten GTA IV 5 times and I haven't touched the DLC. I don't know what's wrong with me
>>
File: 0977.png (138KB, 357x482px) Image search: [Google]
0977.png
138KB, 357x482px
Ok honestly who are we kidding. whatever first game you played, means that is the best game in the series.
Mine was san andreas and i only played IV and V, and i consider san andreas the best one.
>>
For some reason I absolutely loved walking around the city in IV. It felt so therapeutic
>>
>>384153603
I loved both the story and the missions personally
>>
>>384145032
IV was the fastest refund I've ever done.
>>
I never played it, but thanks to the "muh realism" I know it's shit. I don't have to.
>>
>>384153723
My first game was GTA 2 on the Dreamcast and I still think San Andreas is the best one in the series.
>>
For what it's worth, most of the people that were part of the initial backlash didn't really play the game. Always keep in mind that often, people that are actually enjoying the game are the ones that won't post on here or GameFAQs because they are busy playing the fucking game. I used to be at GameFAQs more than here at release, but this was definitely true there. Alongside that, there were some "more is automatically better" kind of idiots so they were mad that the game didn't have 10000 weapons and planes (flying a plane in goddamn NY would be a nightmare anyway) while they also lacked creativity/propensity to explore meaning that they didn't do a lot of the more fun typical GTA stuff since the game doesn't put it in your face like say...an Ammunation store or something.
>>
>>384148774
It also balances out the ludicrous bullshit and serious moments pretty well. It felt engaging and fun. Almost every mission felt like it had purpose. I havent finished 5 yet but i feel like most of what im doing is pointless. Its has no focus and I almost forget about the conflicts until its time to do that mission again. (This is probably because its taking a while to beat it. My gf is playing along for the story.) Everything Franklin does feels like its filler. Im just doing odd jobs for lester so far.
>>
>>384153603
I thought the plot was the best if we account the DLCs and the missions, while they're just a regular third person shooter missions most of the time, were pretty good and effective
>>
>>384153723
I played San Andreas first and 3 is my favorite
>>
>>384153723
Vice City was my first one and I still think San Andreas is the best. Although I do like the setting and radio of Vice City better, SA just had way better missions and more to do in general.
>>
>>384150594

But SA had way too many garbage features. It made sense to scale back and have less features but more focused
>>
>>384153603
It's not possible to have an opinion here, anon. Only hivemind.
>>
>>384153603

But the missions were the best part
>>
>>384154975
Tell that to SA fags. It's the reason we got V.
>>
>>384153723
Mine was VC. Love the shit out of that game but its content leaves it to be a one and done kind of deal with occasional replays. SA was next. Years and years of enjoyment despite the focus on story. Its more fun to fuck around in this one. IV is ok but they tried some stuff that really doesnt fit the setting imo. V is fun but the story is asshole. Online is its saving grace.
>>
>>384154649
How is three your favorite? Its the worst out of all 3d gtas.
>>
>>384154975
IV took the worst features like gfs and focused on that and then removed fun ones like vehicle modding and removed them.
>>
>VC
Best pop music, best talk radio & game theme
>SA
Best amount of content, best characters, best country and rock music, 2nd best talk radio
>IV
Best city, most fleshed out characters, best electronic music best driving
>V
Best physics and graphics
>>
>>384153603
don't forget the garbage controls and unlikeable characters and no compelling side content. at least they toned down all the pointless countryside shit from SA. shame they didn't stick with that. who the fuck wants to mess around in the countryside in a GTA? you're supposed to be in an urban environment committing bank heists and stealing cars.
>>
File: 1498297772723.jpg (331KB, 1217x1772px) Image search: [Google]
1498297772723.jpg
331KB, 1217x1772px
GTA IV has it's own glaring flaws but imo is a techincal masterpiece for it's time.

The rage engine was lightyears ahead of anything else on the market and the game had insane amounts of detail implemented. It was so far ahead that consoles struggled to run it at 30fps.

The problem with it was it's design. People would play GTA SA for whacky adventures and hijinks but rockstar seemed to be riding the grimdark serious "games are art" wave that was flooding the industry at the time.

This lead to a game that was treated more as a simulation by it's developers than a game played for fun. They valued immersion over the free form cartoonized nature fo the old games and got a backlash from a lot of fans. They then made ballad of gay tony to essentially make up for it and show the direction that GTA V was going. Just remember, there was no parachutes in GTA IV before ballad of gay tony. There gun roster was severely limited to realistic weapons before BOGT.

Fans loved it so rockstar took it even further and went back to the SA game design philosophy. Doing this, they increased the scope/map of the game hugely and the intricate physics and detail seen in IV had to be dialed back to compensate.

The car deformation, physics, dynamic animations, interior and exterior detail, player skeletons are all dialed back significantly in V, as they are in RDR.

GTA V is an improvement in gameplay but not in technology. I think this is what a lot of people talk about when talking about IV.
>>
>>384155550
Instead in 4 you get shitty ugly city everywhere. I always had to use the gps because i had no clue where anything was. I dont need a map at all for SA.
>>
>>384155670
Why is it that Grand Theft Autists are such comfy reads?
>>
>>384155670
I think you're confusing "fun" with "zanyness," but otherwise, I can see where you're coming from
>>
>>384155257
>encouraging exploration since there's no map
>LC doesn't felt derivative from a real life city, instead felt like its own thing
>the gritty and hazy yet cartoony tone that doesn't really exist in other GTA (it's either too serious or too cartoony)
>great early 2000 soundtracks
>atmosphere is god tier
>gore
Those are the reasons that I can think right now. It might be bias because it's just felt incredibly right for me.
>>
>>384156062
>great early 2000 soundtracks
it was all literally whos with the exception of flashback FM which was just the scarface ost
>>
>>384145032

>comparing day1 GTA 4 vs GTA 4 in it's current state
>forgetting the dogshit port onto PC and the DRM troubles
>forgetting the slippy car physics
>forgetting the weird running physics

The game is now ok because they fixed (kind of) all that shit, and the expansions (especially TBoGT) put a lot more value into the game.

Out of the gate GTA 5 was in much better shape, you dickwads just like the complexity of the immigrant entering America scenario more than the crybabby upper-middle class American problem that GTA5 is about.
>>
>>384156062
I'll give you the atmosphere. It has its better qualities but i cant take the gameplay after beating the newer ones first.
>>
>>384155670
>This lead to a game that was treated more as a simulation by it's developers than a game played for fun.

The previous GTAs actually DID have the goal of being "life simulations", meaning their goal was to "let the player do anything". Each successive game gave you more and more freedom and allowed you to do more and more stuff. With IV, it was their biggest attempt yet to make a kind of second-life simulation with their focus on friends, girlfriends, internet, a very lively and detailed city and a slower pace.

One can only imagine, had the gaming industry embraced this approach, where we would be today...Instead, because of the backlash, it was decided that this type of "simulation" feel wasn't worth pursuing anymore.
>>
>>384156471
Maybe every PC GTA will be in a better release shape if they release them 2 fucking years after the console versions
>>
File: doom.gif (982KB, 540x228px) Image search: [Google]
doom.gif
982KB, 540x228px
>>384149045
>arguably better than the 2015 Fantastic Four

goddamn that movie was such garbage.
>>
>>384146982
4 has the best and most realistic handling cars though
>>
>walking out the internet cafe
>guy behind the counter says "I hope the internet is worth it"

oddly eerie...
>>
>>384156378
They were literally whos since some of them are fictional artist with songs that made specifically for this game. Still, it portrayed good enough how music were back in late 90s/early 00, especially the pop music.
>>384156567
The combat is shit but it got fixed in PC. Again, it's just bias since I love LC so much for its shortcoming.

What you love doesn't have to be perfect, you know
>>
The HD Universe is a piece of shit anyways

UHD when?
>>
>>384157251
>realistic
All cars on IV behave like cartoon that about to flip out on every turn. Just because it's understeer doesn't mean it's realistic.
>>
File: 1496595100628.jpg (109KB, 720x915px) Image search: [Google]
1496595100628.jpg
109KB, 720x915px
>>384156763
imo it was the right direction.

All of the simulation elements of GTA IV bogged down the gameplay and lead to a huge narrative disconnect between gameplay and story/simulation. One minute Niko is looking online for a GF and going bowling, the next he is stealing a heliocopter and flying it in to the empire state building. People who played it also werent looking for a real life simulator. They were looking for a pyschopath simulator. I think the best way to sum up how wrong Rockstar got the design goals of GTA IV wrong is the sentence,

>Nobody stops at red light in GTA

People play games to escape or exaggerate reality , not repeat it

GTA V embraced the medium it was built upon while IV tried to stretch the limits of what a game could be. It was a nice experiment but did not work well as a game.
>>
>>384157638

You'd be surprised how many people actually do follow traffic rules in GTA when they are bored. If there actually was a game that could perfectly simulate traffic laws, that would actually be incredibly cool.

Honestly I think Rockstar WANTS to make a life simulator and the guns/crime storyline sort of gets in the way.
>>
>>384153102
or maybe because it's such a huge jump from the 3D era, and those of use that started with GTA3 appreciate the amount of detail end effort put into IV you fucking mouth breather
you're accusing others of low intelligence yet you're a such an arrogant fucking pleb
>>
>>384145032
Game was a disappointment, especially the PS3 and PC ports. The story was crap, the mission variety was terrible. The only point was showcasing their new engine.
Get over it.
>>
>>384149343
Yeah because compared to the sequels it's a work of art.
>>
>>384155501
>V
>best physics

what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>384145032
>only game i ever queued up for
>me and friends lying to ourselves about how ti was better than gtasa
>that fucking bowling
>those fucking walking physics
>that car control

At least they made up for it with GTAV (The best GTA by far)
>>
>>384149045
>>384157124
>>>/tv/
>>
>>384145246
>kinda of
right back atcha
>>
If I could have made GTA IV here are the things I would have done different

-Vastly increase the number of "stranger" missions (those people you find out the street and get a small mission from). These missions are the most important ones for getting you immersed in the world - it actually feels like you're engaging with people in the city and doing things in the city, as opposed to going to a "setpiece" and performing a mission. I would proabably cut some of the story missions and increase the stranger missions.
-Put taxi missions back in. I know you can do 10 for Roman, but I'm talking about where you can just steal a taxi and do fares. I am astonished this wasn't included; it is the absolute best overworld and best atmosphere for taxi missions. I always wanted to do fares in Algonquin and Alderney.
-Most of the sidequests are really terrible. Getting cares for Stevie sucks, doing the drug pick ups for Jacob sucks. Get rid of them and instead put in sidequests that make you feel like you're engaging with the world. Here's an idea: pizza delivery sidequests. Sounds mundane but imagine going to pizza joints, picking up pizzas and delivering them around. Once again the game has the perfect atmosphere for it. Or how about even garbage man sidequests? The game already gives you a freaking uniform!
-Drastically increase customization, having only one clothing shop in the first two islands is inexcusable, and having only 3 clothing shops in the whole game is ridiculous, especially with their limited options. Have far more clothing shops over the map. Also put in car customization. At the very least let us CHOOSE the color at the pay n spray.
-The mini games for friends/girlfriends like bowling and darts are terrible. This is actually a massive problem, as it means going out with friends at all is fucking boring. Actually make them fun.
-Put more mysteries/easter eggs in random apartment buildings and in the underground subway tunnels. This gameworld is perfect for it
>>
>>384157424
You know stuff like that happens when you try taking a corner at 100 in a sedan, body roll, actual grip loss, over and / or understeer.

ACTUAL WEIGHT, GTA 5 feels like shit.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.