[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXII Zodiac Age thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 393
Thread images: 50

File: 452345234.jpg (248KB, 1280x608px) Image search: [Google]
452345234.jpg
248KB, 1280x608px
Discuss
>>
>>384138818
So far I've got
Penelo: Red Mage
Vaan: Bushi
Balthier: Archer
Fran: Machinist

Never played 12. No idea what I'm gonna do with their second jobs, but I'm guessing it'll be all kinds of fucked.
>>
>>384138818
Did they change where the garif spawn is? Haven't gotten one to spawn where all the wus are.
>>
File: 1499699428181.jpg (39KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499699428181.jpg
39KB, 394x360px
HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT ZEROMUS
FUCK THIS RETARDED NIGGER ESPER AND ALL HIS FUCKING SKELETONS REEEEEEEE

>Equip everyone with Power Armlets against Stop
Gambit set as
>Ally: KO -> Phoenix Down
>Ally: HP < 40% -> X Potion
>Ally: Statrus = Poison -> Antidote
>Foe: Targeted by ally -> Attack (Balthier and Vaan)
>Foe: HP < 50% -> Attack (Basch)
>Foe: lowest HP -> Attack (Basch)

What the FUCK do I do wrong here? I burn through all my potions and phoenix downs (bought over 50 of each) and he still wont go down
My party is around level 65
Do I really have to farm Holy/better weapons to beat this nigger?
>>
File: 1500141004910.jpg (33KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500141004910.jpg
33KB, 480x300px
Just started game up.

Do I play eng or jp voices?

And which music is better: original, reorchestrated or ost?

Non meme answers only pls
>>
Is there ever a reason not to pick up quickenings on the license board? I could get two of Fran's Feral Strike but I didn't want to fuck anything up.
>>
>>384139898
English because subtitles cover around 1/5th of the screen with a black bar, remastered music is good.
>>
>>384139898
English
Whatever
>>
>>384139967

The black bar is there no matter what.
>>
What is a good class for Ashe?
>>
>>384142013
Or job rather
>>
>>384142013
Bushi or any of the mage classes would work.
>>
The remastered OST is fucking sex
>>
File: 1394679965775.png (425KB, 599x439px) Image search: [Google]
1394679965775.png
425KB, 599x439px
God dammit why do they limit you to three party members? I want to use Balthier, Fran, Basch, and Ashe equally I can't pick one to sit.
>>
>it's a non-playable characters are cooler than your entire party episode
>>
>>384139912

Yes, depending on class early quickenings can fuck you out of powerful equipment later.

For example, the knight class has a 'chokepoint' at the end of it's license board (it's shaped like the Leo zodiac sigil, so basically an upside-down 'U') where - if you don't have a quickening left on the character - you will be blocked out of Excalipur
>>
>Elder Wyrm
>Vaan Sam/Monk - Basch Shikari/WHM - Ashe Knight/Time Mage
>get fucking SMASHED. completely obliterated.
>remember i bought Main Gauche at some point but never got the license
>get the license and go in
>BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK
>Vaan and Ashe kill him
amazing
>>
File: 1386199609115.jpg (164KB, 985x733px) Image search: [Google]
1386199609115.jpg
164KB, 985x733px
I picked foebreaker for vaan, and so far I've only used hammers for weapons with him, but since I gave him that job the physical attacks he does vary anywhere from 3 dmg to 400+ on the same enemy, and it's not crit dmg. my question is that variation in dmg from the class or the weapon, and is there any way mitigate those flubbed attacks? I checked a couple wiki's and couldn't find any info about it.
>>
Is the aspect ratio weird? I saw some screenshots with black bars
>>
>>384147915
Cutscenes are cropped for no good reason, other than that you just get that massive black bar during cutscenes regardless of your subtitle setting. The AR is the same, but the bottom of the screen is cut off.

Shitty port.
>>
>>384139898

>english dub, ever

Only if you are a burger, if you are not go JP always.
>>
File: 1415228940947.jpg (45KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1415228940947.jpg
45KB, 406x364px
>>384138818

First time playing. What job should I give Vaan? Shikari seems fitting but I'm not sure
>>
>>384147769

hammers and axes all have that weird high/low damage output, but even accounting for that they do more damage on average over time than other weapon types of the same license level
>>
Just killed 3 rats as some twink in a sewer...when does this get good?
>>
>>384139671
I did it at 45, with Reddas mind you, time your quickenings to get rid of the skels while you focus on him
>>
>>384148657

>when does this get good?

Sounds like it just did.
>>
>>384148439
Shikari fits Vaan's starting equipment and it's otherwise a good job too, so go for it
>>
>>384148460
okay, so it's just the weapon type and there's no way to lower the chance of those low dmg attacks.
I must just have some bad luck then.
>>
whats the most efficient gambit to apply haste?
I dont want my timemage to spam haste when its not really needed
>>
>>384148439
I gave him that and then foebreaker, pretty good because they both use shields. Also it's fitting.
>>
>>384149021
When '3+ foes present' or something.
>>
What the fuck is 'screen shake' and should I turn it on or off?
>>
>>384139067
not sure how ZA's stats got reworked but balthier is better as a melee class because hes the character with the highest speed

ranged weapons deal less damage so hes a better dps as a melee
>>
>>384148439
This is currently the most shilled lore friendly but still optimized picks for jobs. Also has the most efficient use of Espers and Quickenings. You don't have to follow it but quite a few people are anal about things fitting how the characters are presented and this is what they cam up with.

Vaan- Shikari / Foebreaker - Zalera, Adrammelech - Q2, Q3, Q4
Penelo- Monk / Black Mage - Chaos - Q1, Q2, Q4
Balthier- Machinist / Uhlan - Famfrit - Q1, Q3, Q4
Fran- Archer / Red Battlemage - Shemhezai, Cuchulainn, Zodiark - Q1, Q2, Q4
Ashe- Time Battlemage / White Mage - Belias, Zeromus - Q1, Q2, Q3
Basch- Knight / Bushi - Mateus, Hashmal, Ultima, Exodus - Q2, Q3, Q4
>>
>>384149512
Honestly the stat differences are so minor that you can play however you want as long as you have a nice spread of available skill at a time.
>>
Does anyone know if someone is creating an updated loot list for this game? I'm going off of a bunch of maps someone made a few years ago for IZJS, and some of the loot has changed positions/been renamed.
It's a shame that you even need to look up a guide to find out where loot is located in the first place.
>>
>>384149920
well yeah

but min-maxing is fun!
>>
File: Migelo_FFXII.jpg (26KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Migelo_FFXII.jpg
26KB, 400x240px
How did John DiMaggio become so successful with so little range?
>>
>>384150327
Gilgamesh was good too, Wakka was okay, Kimari not so much.
>>
Do jobs change the characters outfits?
>>
When/where do I get Measures?
>>
>>384148843
Once you unlock the second job board, you could always choose one that has a weapon with consistant damage.
>>384149021
Just turn the gambit off unless you're doing a boss.
>>
Can I get 3 quickening per board or per character?
>>
>>384150950
Per character. So choose wisely!
>>
>>384139671
Go get the free pheasant netsuke for double healing power. Also are you not doing any damage? Get better weapons.
>>
>>384151448
Holy fuck I screwed all of my goddamn characters

Guess I gotta start this dumb fucking game all over because I'm retarded
>>
>>384149732
Thanks. Been looking for something like this before starting the game.
Does it matter which job you pick first for each character?
>>
>>384151752
No, don't do that. The difference of missing some lores is not a huge deal. Endgame is more about equipment.
>>
>>384151448
wait summon included?
>>
>>384151752
It really only matters for a couple of the jobs. For Shikari, you'll lock yourself out of a few of the ninja weapons, and for a couple of the others, you'll lock yourself out of +X amount of hp.
>>
>>384151990
You can only choose a summon's license once. So once you grab it for one character, no other character can obtain it.
>>
>>384144025
Same my dude.
>>
>>384151920
>>384152026
It tickles my autism pretty hard to miss out on stuff like this but if you guys say it's not a big deal, I'll push on

I just feel like an idiot because it seems like it's so easy to screw yourself in this game and I have had an issue like this with a jrpg in a long time but that's my fault for not doing proper research like I usually do
>>
>>384153080
Unless you caused a Shikari to miss out on the Yagyu Dark Blade and Mesa node and a Knight to miss out on the Excalipur unless it's the shitty Excalipoor from the original 12 I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>384148439
I picked monk because I love his attack and victory animations whith bo-staffs ever since the original
>>
is the loot ever used for anything? im stockpiling it
>>
File: Fix FFXII.png (18KB, 693x410px) Image search: [Google]
Fix FFXII.png
18KB, 693x410px
Guys, help me out with this.
>>
>>384149732
Is there one for people that don't give a shit about lore and want purely optimised as fuck jobs?
I've read that thread on Gamefaqs that lists all the good combos but it mentioned nothing about who to give what jobs, only which combos are good.
I'm aware that some characters have faster attack/combo speeds with weapons than others, surely that impacts who to distribute jobs to as well?
>>
>>384153523
You sell it, and there's bazzar items if you sell the right loot. like if you sell wolf pelts and wind crystals lets say, you can buy a potion pack, you can sell them in one go or seperately. The rewards go all the way up to high end equipment.
>>
Is Ondoreposting going to become a thing again?
>>
>>384153889
Vaan: Gary Stu. He's literally great at everything. Best with tanking jobs like the Shikari/Foebreaker combo.

Penelo/Ashe: Both fantastic at magic with Ashe being a bit better. Penelo is also kind of speedy so is okay with the speedy stuff.

Balthier/Basch: Great tanks and fighters. Also, for some weird reason, Balthier is the best White Mage in the game, so if you want to make Balthier less useful, you can give him WHM/Machinist which is fantastic support.

Fran: Literally bad at everything. Archer/Ulhan will pick up slack for her, but she's probably the actual best fit for WHM/Machinist as a pure support class.
>>
>>384154353
This seems good advice thanks, what about attack animation speeds, is that pretty irrelevant?
>>
>>384150806
Hunt rewards mostly. They suck.
>>
>>384154565
Penelo and Balthier have a special animation when firing guns. It takes .2 seconds longer than usual, meaning you miss out on 1 attack ever 15 or so. Fran has one as an archer that takes .1 second longer. I dunno about the rest.

People will tell you it's largely irrelevant, but if you know about it, there's very little justification for not avoiding it.
>>
Reminder that Vaan hate is autism.
>>
>>384142461
Bushi Ashe is a meme
>>
>>384155004
Bushi/Knight Ashe is great though.
>>
>>384154207
no, because /v/eeaboos won't experience it because they are using jap voices.
>>
>>384154845
Alright, that does seem a little irrelevant but I'll avoid it in my job combos. Those are the only ones that are significant?
Is BLM/RDM better for Fire Staff Ardor or BLM/MNK for Swiftness and the other stuff?
>>
Red Mage/Black Mage or would dividing it up into BM/Monk and RM/Archer be better?
>>
>>384153402
I actually can't tell yet until I get the second job but that'll be soon.

I think I should be okay because I've only taken 2 quickenings on my samurai/Knight so I'll save the last one for when I get the Knight board and I've only used 1 on my shikari/breaker IIRC

Thanks for the calling advice anon I feel better about it. I'll check all this out when I get home from work
>>
So there's still no simple way to set up a stealing gambit besides Enemy HP = 100% -> Steal?
>>
>at the point in the story where I have to go to giruvegan
>decide to do some hunts
>first ones are really easy
>do a snek who was kinda complicated
>next one is Roblon in the deadlands of nabrudis that I haven't even visited yet
>make my way there, my black mage penelo shits on the mobs so I'm ok
>reach roblon, he's hard as balls and has a neverending army of spooks
>barely make it
>heal up, decide to continue a bit through the area to check for potential chests
>find an orange teleport crystal, fucking perfect

>it fucking comes to life and attacks me, has a shitton of hp and recovers it as soon as I do any damage, is immune to everything I try on it

My fucking kuppo, I felt genuinely betrayed. Had to tell the crystal to fuck off and keep going. Entered the necrohol and got shat on. Made my way back aaaal the way where I came. 12/10 would do again
>>
How is the synergy between Shikari/Bushi?
>>
>>384149512
I would say if you were going purely by stats, which are pretty minor:

Vaan: Monk (Poles are an interesting weapon as they calculate off your attack but the enemy's magick defense)
Penelo: Black mage (Highest magic nuke stats)
Ashe: Bushi (Has good attack and magic stats, Katanas scale to both)
Basch: Uhlan/Knight (highest strength)
Balthier: Shikari (Knives and Ninja swords scale to strength+speed. Also he still gets some high end guns if you want them)
Fran: Foebreaker (highest VIT). People like to swear by Red Mage for her too
>>
>>384155169
Honestly, either of those combinations are pretty high tier, so pick and choose as you'd like.
>>
>Larsa leaves the party
no please stay i need you to spam cura
>>
>>384155279

I'm trying to get them to add a new gambit. Help me out. >>384153785
>>
>>384138818
rate
Monk/foebreaker
blackmage/whitemage
archer/uhlan
knight/machinist
shikari/timemage
bushi/redmage
>>
File: XII_life_crystalbug_render.png (69KB, 188x480px) Image search: [Google]
XII_life_crystalbug_render.png
69KB, 188x480px
>>384155432
>Why is this save crystal green no other save crystal has been green
>well orange ones teleport you so green ones must do something new
>like fucking attack you

it was a shit mimic and I still fell for it
>>
>>384155630
I don't see that being good at all. Bushi is magic heavy on lores which Shikari doesn't really have anything to contribute to but it's battle lores which would help with Katana damage. However Shikari has a lot of shield licenses that would go to waste using a Katana and if you were using shield/dagger/ninja blade then Bushi would be entirely worthless.
>>
>>384156192
I thought Bushi has a ton of swiftness panels?
>>
3 hours in already bored as fuck. When does the combat get fun
>>
How come none of the really "OP" combos in https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75477310 use Uhlan, which is the only job that can use the Zodiac Spear? Is it just not that good compared to dual jobs?
>>
>>384156362
trash mobs are easy, hunts is where the game is hard
>>
Some good places to grind for loot where the enemies drop/carry stuff that has the best prices include:
Ogir-yensa sandsea: the first area after the save crystals steal from the Aralune
Ozmone Plain: Mesmirs carry/drop iron carapaces steal from them and get a good chain going
Stillshrine of Miram: In the walk of reason area, in the lower levels are a shitton of zombies, they drop rotting flesh, ice brands and ice shields
Phon Coast: Baggolys carry/drop bundles of feahers worth around 850 gil each
Sochen Cave Palace: Walk of the shadowlight is filled with nothing but headless that drop items worth 1000 gil each
Chita uplands: In the highlands area the malboro overlords drop malboro fruit worth 800+ gill and there is a lot of them
Good hunting
>>
>>384156465
Outside of a few niches, Ulhan just isnt as good as the others. Same with Machinst really. I hate gun calculations, they're so retarded.
>>
>>384156354
Better would be Bushi + A magic class, like Black Mage.

Both benefit from increasing magic power and have syngergizing combinations, since Katanas scale to magic strength but Bushi gets no actual magic.

Shikari might go better with Time Mage
>>
>>384156493
I see, so I should rank up hunts asap then?
>>
>>384156354
It does but you can get swiftness with better jobs that actually contribute more things.
>>
>>384156192
Doesn't shikari/bushi allow you to use dark robes+dark weeblade+genji glove though? That sounds pretty good, especially for Yiazmat.
>>
Planning my party, here's where I'm at so far.
>Vaan - Knight/Bushi
>Penelo -
>Ashe - Black Mage/Red Mage
>Baltheir - Shikari/Foebreaker
>Fran - White Mage/Machinist
>Basch -
Not sure what to do for Penelo or Basch, also should I swap Vaan's and Balthier's jobs around or are they fine as is?
>>
>>384156815
yeah but be prepared to hit a wall where everything one shots you
>>
>>384156465
Zodiac spear might have the highest actual strength but it's also just kind of boring.

Katanas, Ninja Swords and Poles can combo often (which can be more important) and have unique scaling instead of just strength.
>>
>>384155869
>no side episode where you play as Larsa and Gabranth

Why
>>
>>384156792
>>384156827
I'm putting Vaan as shikari
So, what would even be good complementary job? Shikari seems like it has everything you could want out of a physical class
>>
Can I use some jobs twice or should I be using all 12?
>>
>Bleed

The fuck does this spell even do? Everything I use it on is immune.
>>
>>384144025
I just got out if the mines and I'm worried about this. Do I just end up benching some of my guys or something?
>>
>>384156843
Yes but that is literally the only thing you would be getting out of that combo. If you want to do a combo solely for one enemy in the game then go for it. There aren't many dark weakness enemies to begin with. It doesn't matter though the game isn't hard enough to care about this level of optimization. So if you like it just use it.
>>
>>384157253
Shikari/Breaker: Shikari's ninja swords are one of the best weapons to use with Genji Gloves, and Shikari/Breaker is arguably the best way to do so. This combination gives you 3x swiftness, a decent ranged weapon (hand bomb), all 4 breaks, Genji gear, high strength and HP, and ninja swords.

Shikari/Samurai: Not as strong as Shikari/Breaker but has one huge advantage - this is the only combination that allows for Genji Gloves + Yagyu Darkblade (Dark element weapon) + Black Robes (which boost Dark damage by 50%). In other words, this is THE ultimate Yiazmat killer. You can also easily heal any teammate with dark-absorbing gear by attacking them!
>>
>>384157253
White mage for hyper tank.
>>
>>384157312
inflicts Sap, which is like super poison. Rather than ticking, it's continuous.HP dropping
>>
>>384157259
You can repeat them, it's up to you if you want to or not. There are no advantages to it other than completionism.
>>
>>384157253
I would say Foebreaker or White Mage. Actually Shikari would be good for any magic class since you could turn them into a tank with it.
>>
>>384157312
>>384157549
It's the opposite of Regen.
>>
>>384157475
I'm just glad the international version changed ninja swords radically

>original
>strongest ninja sword was like 77 attack power
>they were ALL Dark element

>international
>weakest ninja sword is about as strong as the second strongest in the original release
>are non elemental mostly

much nicer
>>
>nobody knows yet about the wonders of Nihopalaoa
>>
So who is the best girl in Final Fantasy XII?
>>
File: 1400710360950.png (580KB, 782x674px) Image search: [Google]
1400710360950.png
580KB, 782x674px
What's the worst job combination?
>>
>>384157958

larsa
>>
>>384157962
Machinist + Foebreaker

probably. Weak consistent damage + Wildly random damage
>>
Do no moogles actually speak in ccutscenes?

I just got to the airship reveal cutcene and saw the moogles just made squeaks.
>>
>>384157815
Everyone knows about it anon. Nihopalaoa remedy is a great way to clutch some marks.
>>
Is using Fran as a MCH/WHM good as a "main" healer or should I have Ashe or Penelo focusing on healing? I was planning to make Ashe BLM/RDM or BLM/MNK if so.
>>
>>384158041
kys gay pedo
>>
What are the penalties with using two of the same job?
>>
So redpill me on ranged weapons. I have a mechanist and archer and neither do damage anywhere close to my melee guys.
>>
>>384138818
>Remake of my favorite FF game I've been waiting to play since the original Zodiac version not on PC

FUCK

I DON'T WANT FF10 HD
>>
>>384159991
guns and bows deal flat damage, so the better the gun the stronger damage you will do, not tied with stats
>>
>>384159407
You don't really need WM if you don't suck. Red mage+ Monk can deal with everything. Just give it to the one you want to use the least.
>>
>>384150761
As far as I'm aware, no.
>>
>>384160161
So they don't scale with battle lore and levelup stats?

That's pretty fucking stupid. Do guns or bows ever actually become relevant?
>>
>>384160071
I'm on the same boat, but it's a matter of time for sure.
>>
>>384160423
somewhat. if you have a WHM/MCH it means you can still heal but deal damage without having to waste points on battle lore
>>
>>384160423
The Strongest weapon in the game is a Bow, but you also have a 1/10000 chance of getting it unless you use RNG manipulation (there are guides)
>>
how long is this game? im at the stilshrine of miriam. how many more hours left? i feel like the game is coming to a close somewhat
>>
>>384160610
Wasn't it a spear?
>>
Is there a penalty to giving two characters the same class?
>>
>>384160789
It was, but now it's a bow, OKAY?
>>
>>384159764
Quickening and Esper shit isn't shared and locked out, so if you have two Shikaris for example, only one of them can get Ninja Sword 1 License.
>>
>>384160789
No, in IZJS they added a bow that is stronger because the Dev liked mountains and wanted people to google them.
>>
>>384161025
That seems like a serious problem if it doesnt let one of the characters get all 3 quickenings...
>>
>>384160543
So you always want to pair Mech with a support spec? That's pretty fucking stupid, but sure.
>>
>>384160161
Guns ignore defense but have shit stats, while Bows scale to strength+speed

I suppose Archer would be an okay second job for Shikari if you need ranged.
>>
File: 1425620762004.png (255KB, 707x698px) Image search: [Google]
1425620762004.png
255KB, 707x698px
>>384160789

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwwaVixugZU

it's literally invisible

there's an invisible one-handed super sword too.
>>
>>384161191
I believe it's also an issue with your two jobs. As you can only pick 3 quickening panels, you need to be careful with them

Shikari's Ninja swords are all locked behind quickening panels for example but Black mage basically only has some HP ups behind a couple.

So if you had a Black mage/Shikari your quickening panels would be better spent on the Shikari board.

But it also presents another problem in that There are 4 ninja sword licenses and they're ALL locked behind quikenings so you have to let one go no matter what.
>>
>>384161047
Im pretty sure the mountain shit only affected the name, they were probably going to add the bow regardless
>>
File: 1484254342703.gif (2KB, 38x52px) Image search: [Google]
1484254342703.gif
2KB, 38x52px
Trying to get the weapons from the Cerobi Steppe chests makes me want to kill myself.
>>
This fucking Gil Snapper hunt.

I forgot how tedious it was to find all this driftwood holy shit.
>>
Do we get to fight all the Judges now? Zargabaath, Drace and all? And not in an extra arena kinda thing?
>>
>>384161928
I just found them all by coincidence before I even started the hunt.
Lol
>>
>>384161797
>you have to sacrifice some of your panels no matter what
why is there no god
>>
So Brawler for monk, does it make unarmed worth it? best pole I have is battle bamboo.
>>
>>384161191
>>384161797
Quickening locked panels by job:

Archer: White Magic 4
Black Mage: HP+70, HP+390
Foebreaker: HP+390, Battle Lore
Shikari: Ninja Swords 1, 2, 3, Orochi Yagyu
Knight: Revive, HP+390, Excalipoor (these are also accessible with Chaos/Zodiark if you choose)
Machinist: Magic Lore x3 (Also accessible with Ultima)
Monk: White Magic 9, Phoenix Lore
Red Mage: HP+230, HP+435, White Magic 2
Bushi: Battle Lore x2, HP+350, HP+390, HP+435
Time Mage: HP+150
Uhlan: Black Magic 5 and 6
White Mage: HP+150, HP+190, Battle Lore

As you can see, Shikari is the absolute most reliant on their quickening panels as Ninja Swords are exclusively locked behind these, and given that you only have 3 quickenings to choose from, one MUST be abandoned.

That being said you can probably let go of Orochi since you can instead go for the License that gives you Yagyu Darkblade + Orochi N (Mesa)
>>
First time playing and game is yet to click for me but I'm still the twink and just killed a tomato. So far Its just made me wanna play xiv tbqh.

Really loving the ost though. Headphones are a must
>>
File: 1482393068356.gif (256KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1482393068356.gif
256KB, 384x216px
>>384162749

I made my Penelo a shikari/black mage and skipped ninja swords 1

I mean, you still get all the dagger panels to use.
>>
>>384162898
I haven't had a chance to compare the remastered OST to the original.

Can't say the remastered sounds that different at first glance anyways, not like how FFX butchered their OST in the remaster.
>>
What should I do with the rest of my jobs?
I got Fran set to archer, but don't know about the other job.
Bacsh and Ashe I haven't decided any jobs on yet.
Jobs I have left are Foebreaker, Time mage, Bushi, Knight and Uhlan.

Is there other legit combos in these for bushi and knight, other than them together?
>>
>>384162749
>Excalipoor
Who would buy this
>>
File: 1497498056130.jpg (73KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497498056130.jpg
73KB, 720x720px
Whats the second best job for Vaan if I dont want him to be my DPS but without wasting him
>>
>>384162749
Thanks for clarifying that. I've played a bit already but Im going to start over.

I think I'll stick with Vaan being bushi/shikari rather than breaker/shikari, just so I can have that meme combo.

I absolutely must have Fran be the breaker because I'm goung to pair it with Red Mage because I want her to be a magick tank.
>>
>>384163054
Bushi/Knight
Uhlan/TIM
Put Foebreaker on whoever has Shikari
>>
>>384163047
I'm listening to reorchestrated as most people hace recommended and it seems good but nothing to compare it to desu. Reminds me of Civilisation...damn now I wanna play that too
>>
>>384162898
you havent even started the game yet lol.

The story snowballs after about the third hour, once you steal the first Nethicite.
>>
>>384163349
I got shikari paired with monk.

Foebeaker any good with archer?
What about with knight?
>>
>>384142013
Red Mage+Archer
>>
>Vaan - Bushi/Knight
>Penelo - Black Mage/Monk
>Balthier - Shikari/Foebreaker
>Fran - White Mage/Machinist
>Ashe - Black Mage/Red Mage
>Basch - Uhlan/Time Mage
Did I fuck up at all?
>>
so for quickenings, do they work like the original, where if you unlock one, it locks the square for your entire party, or does it work on a character by character basis now?

I know there's stuff locked behind quickenings and you can only pick three quickening slots, so do you just pick the best quickening locked squares across your two classes?
>>
>>384163890
Locks it for anyone sharing that job, if you happen to have multiple people using the same one.
>>
>>384163881
meme combo
shit
this is fine
shit
shit
shit
>>
>>384164053
okay, cool, I dont intend to have overlap, so that works perfectly.
>>
>>384164054
What's better combos for bushi and knight?
>>
>>384164054
What did I do wrong?
>>
well penusscar was a joke
>>
How early can I get the Zodiac Spear?
I am looking at the wiki, and it says the area is in a part through the feywood. And that to access deeper in that part, I need 10 espers.
Can I get deep enough into the second are of the Henne Mines through Feywood to get the Zodiac Spear without having 10 espers?
>>
>>384160719
You're at about 20% of the main story.
>>
File: 1443070853858.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443070853858.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
>>384164170

you asked anon for an opinion
>>
>>384138818
Not for the Xbone so who gives ashit.

Also did they add a gambit that says Enemy unstolen - Steal?
If not ROFL.
>>
>>384144604
Fucking Reddas.
>>
Wait, did zodiac always allow a second job?
>>
>>384164828
No
>>
>>384164828
No, that is new.
>>
>>384164828
it was a PS4 addition, along with removing effect capacity
>>
What does the gold G mean next to penelos name?
>>
>>384165054
Gambits Enabled.
>>
>>384165054
That Gambits are enabled?
>>
>>384165107
>>384165113
Ah thanks bros. So is gambit like autoattack for party members? When should and shouldn't I use it?
>>
>>384164968
>>384164981
>>384164994
So, does it just allow you to work off two license grids per character?
>>
>>384165227
It's a programmable script that will dictate what actions your AI characters will use in certain situations. Generally you'll want it on always, but during more difficult situations you might want to manually control things.
>>
>>384165303
Pretty much. You can select a second job after Belias. Stipulation being the same 3 quickening rule so if you for example picked shikari as your second job but have already bought all 3 quickenings on your first license board, you're shit out of luck on using ninja swords
>>
What jobs go well with knight and bushi, other than knight and bushi?
>>
>>384165227WHY DONT YOU JUST PLAY THE GAME YOU RETSRDED WASTDDERD OF SPACE AND FIGURE ITUOUT NIGGER
>>
>>384165303
Yes, overlapping things like Gambit Slots and Accessories will only have to be unlocked on a single board and both boards will have it unlocked.
>>
>>384165425
Thanks anon!

>>384165556
Wow, rude.
>>
>>384165671
Well he had a point it's all spelled out during the first 3 hours of the game.
>>
>>384165897
I thought the game was one of those games that throws you massively in the deep end because I know you can't even change jobs once you've picked one so I thought it would be better to not make a huge mistake early on with anything
>>
>>384166054
It literally doesn't matter unless you have some autism, just play the game if you must Google the new zodiac guide but asking pleb questions like those makes these threads total ass.
>>
Guys I'm completely new to this game but Penelo is so cute and I want one so badly now...
>>
I made Penelo into a Bushi Knight, come at me fuckers
>>
>>384166354
Ok pedo
>>
>>384164585
Retard post
>>
>>384165897
Even if he didn't want to watch all that Penelo tells the mc what gambits are right after she joins your party in under one minute.

>TFW we cant kill retards
>>
>>384166541
Fuck off im Indian descent so its not so easy to understand the game pace
>>
>>384166506
They didn't? Roflmao.
>>
>>384166658
>Indian
POO IN LOO
>>
>>384167026
Yeah pajeet fantasy xii the curry age ive heard it all you fucking burger
>>
>>384157312
Bio/Scurge are better ways to infect sap
>>
>>384167147
>Retard mad
>>
Do Foe: Weak [Element] Gambits work without needing Libra? Or will these Gambits just do nothing unless someone has Libra on?
>>
>>384167313
Im in med school you fucking burger NEET don't call me retard gayboy
>>
Just quit at the sand sea, stupid fire orb accidentally wiped me twice. So far I've got:

Vaan - Bushi

Panelo - Uhlan

Fran - Foebreaker

Balthier - White Mage

Basch - Archer

Ashe - Black Mage

I want to use them all but I get the feeling machinist is shit but I could just stack it on Basch.
>>
>>384167471
Medschool in India? Kill yourself. The only doctors worth a shit are trained in the US.
>>
>>384167471
>in med school
>can't figure out things the game explained
nah you are probably one of those street vendors selling cheap shit
>>
>>384167692
>>384167714
Fuck you guys sorry I'm not a nerd that know how to play every game already perfectly but that because I have a fucking job and education you loser I bet you don't even have gf like me lol fuck you
>>
>That concurrence trophy

This is hot bullshit.
>>
>>384167496
Vaan is Shikari actually
>>
>>384168262
What is it?
>>
>>384168262

The quickening finishers. To get the last one you need to get 4 of each level of quickening in a single chain. It's basically down to RNG if you get enough mist charges to keep the combo going / get the proper quickenings.
>>
File: 1500157409775.gif (13KB, 750x528px) Image search: [Google]
1500157409775.gif
13KB, 750x528px
Is this the final fantasy where you get to code your character's action and leave it overnight leveling?

I remember doing it but never really finishing it because of the lack of memorable bosses and forgettable story.

I remember every boss fight being just a blob creature at the end of a dungeon, in a very non-unexpected gigantic round room. It would be like this in every dungeon.

>get in random importanceless dungeon
>go around until you see a big circular room in the map
>it's the boss
>beat it
>head to the next generic dungeon

Was this fixed?
>>
>>384168695

Meant to reply to >>384168389

The closest I've gotten to black hole is chain 17 needing one more level 3.
>>
how do I change character skin color I don't like how it is now
>>
File: 49324403_p0.png (447KB, 700x689px) Image search: [Google]
49324403_p0.png
447KB, 700x689px
>Vaan: Red / Black Mage
>Balthier: Machinist / Time Mage
>Penelo: White Mage / Shikari
> Fran: Archer / Uhlan
>Basch: Foebreaker / Monk
>Ashe: Knight / Bushi

Should I start over?
>>
>Make Ashe a Archer / Uhlan.
>People lose their collective shit due to "muh magic."
>Shes a walking power house with a fucking bow.
>Fran is a Whitemage/ Machinest.
>Same situation.
>>
What's with the shaky models and muddy textures on PS4?
>>
So how specific can you get with Gambits? Can I order a character to use only a certain amount of mana on their spells before stopping, or do I have to try and watch that manually?
>>
>>384169794
It's just a bunch of if-then statements.
>>
>>384161797
Are you fucking for real right now? You can't get past a quickening panel if your character has 3? No matter what?

What the actual fuck? This shit right here is the reason why nobody liked 12.
>>
>>384169293
no one gives a fuck about your blog post
>>
>>384170189
I give a fuck. Stop trying to make discussion threads shittier and fuck off.
>>
>>384170167
The game fucking warns you about it, moron.
>>
How do I get penelo gf?
>>
>>384170949

Why would you want someone who wears a skintight jumpsuit in the desert, anon?
>>
>>384171397
I bet she smells good though
>>
File: PS_Messages_20170716_174848.jpg (808KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20170716_174848.jpg
808KB, 1920x1080px
Rate my team /v/!
>>
>>384170189
>FF12 is a job centrist game.
>BAWWW MUH BLOGS!
Im sorry, maybe talking about games isnt for you!
>>
File: 1481751699892.png (252KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481751699892.png
252KB, 500x375px
>That Flan ambush in Henne Mines

Didn't fucking remember this shit at all.
>>
File: d8f.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d8f.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>384171678
>uneven levels
>>
>>384165554
Time mage for knight and any mage class for bushi for the magic lores.
>>
I need to go to the Silkenwood but I have no teleports, how do I get from there without them?
Is there a vendor?
>>
File: 1496268495516.png (3MB, 957x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496268495516.png
3MB, 957x1080px
Shikari/Monk good combo for Vaan?
>>
>>384168903

Thank christ, finally fucking got it with a 12 chain.
For anyone else going for black hole, you basically just have to pray mist charges keep appearing to keep your combo going. Eventually you won't have enough time to R2 shuffle if everything is greyed out.
>>
Does this game matter if I get PS4 regular or PS4 pro?

I dont have a console, dont know what the differences are
>>
Did the people who work on Xenoblade Chronicles work on FFXII? The models look similar to Xenoblade. Especially the noses.
>>
>>384176632
only resolution. and even then the pro can't hit 4k so it's not worth it for this game. framerate is 30 regardless
>>
File: 235152361.png (815KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
235152361.png
815KB, 800x798px
>Basch as Uhlan/Foebreaker lets him use Zodiac Spear, Genji Gloves and the best heavy armor
Sick damage output, tanky as a madman and good technicks
Should I go for it? or is Genji gloves better applied with Katanas?
>>
I just beat Bagarath. I forgot about Adrammelech, is he easier now that i'm at a higher level or still difficult?
>>
>>384169146
Time to delete your save file. You won't finish the game with that.
>>
File: 1474437458038.png (2MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1474437458038.png
2MB, 1214x1109px
wait or active
>>
>>384139671
>Not using holy motes

Nigga what are you doin
>>
>>384146558
Is there a guide or a complete license board out there so you can plan it to where you don't fuck yourself over?
>>
>>384178368
Where the fuck do I get them
After playing for like 40 hours or so I have only gotten one and I have no idea how I got it
>>
>>384178168
Wait
My mind is simply too ingrained with FFX's combat system
>>
Well...i just struggled with the first boss...that flame horse thing. I beat it but it was close...am I just shit or...?
>>
>>384179258
It's a challenging first boss cause you don't really have access to its weakness, if I remember correctly. Unless you went out in the desert and leveled vaan
>>
>>384178168

Active, but I'll sometimes switch to wait for the more difficult marks.
>>
>>384179387
Thanks bro, feeling better now. Nah I did no grinding so was only like level 5 or 6
>>
>>384138818
>Judge Ghis and Gabranth look fantastic with completely overhauled texture work.
>the other three look like shit

Why?
>>
>>384139671
Equip the reflect armlet (ruby I think). Spam cureja on your party.

Or spam 1000 needles/Gil toss since they do a set amount of damage each time.
>>
For any of you that didn't like the game when it came out:

Whats your opinion now? Are you enjoying the game?

For me, its my second favourite FF, onlu behind 9. And this remaster made me remember how much better old Jrpgs used to be
>>
>>384179623
>the other three
that's why
>>
>>384179730
Never played a FF before. I sure am enjoying it more than gayfest 15.
>>
File: 1499647434911.jpg (32KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1499647434911.jpg
32KB, 438x438px
>Knot of Rust
>Knot of Rust
>17 Gil
>Knot of Rust
I'm trying to imagine what it would be like if I DIDN'T have a Diamond Armlet
Would the chests just spit on my face, or what?
>>
I'm going to go Shikari/Foebreaker for Vaan.
I don't want Fran to also be a Breaker though, so I was thinking about giving her Red Mage/Monk. Is that a good combo? I dont really want to give her Archer because I want Basch to have that role.
>>
>>
File: Amano_Judges.jpg (230KB, 1463x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Amano_Judges.jpg
230KB, 1463x1102px
>>
>>384154207
i am THE basch fon ronsenburg
>>
What does the magic stat even do for time magic?
>>
>>384181765
>burg
*rubbing hands*
>>
Did they make it way harder to steal shit in this game? I'm getting kinda annoyed at the near impossibility of stealing shit from the rare enemies this time around.
>>
>>384144025
Bench fran - she's irrelevant to the plot
>>
>>384161007
why did I laugh
>>
>>384182584

This, Fran is useless
>>
File: 67__605.jpg (132KB, 605x697px) Image search: [Google]
67__605.jpg
132KB, 605x697px
>finally ships in this week
>>
>>384147769
>looks like a fukboi
>has a deep chad voice
It's still jarring to me
>>
>>384138818
did the game get harder or easier overall?

how much harder does the license board limits make it? did they reduce the difficulty to make up for it or was it just to get more players?

the x4 speed looks pretty sweet
>>
File: 0t34u.jpg (34KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
0t34u.jpg
34KB, 192x279px
>Vaan triggered a befuddling gas trap!
>>
>>384171678
>not levelling everybody
>not even levelling the actual protagonist
The fuck's your beef with Balthier?
>>
>>384171678
>benching Balthier and Basch
>but keeping Vaan and Fran
It's already awful to use only three
but holy fuck
>>
>>384179548
That's fine, beyond Firemane your party only gets bigger and stronger even without much grinding. Don't worry about it anon
>>
File: 523623632.png (366KB, 476x489px) Image search: [Google]
523623632.png
366KB, 476x489px
>mfw you can literally farm Diamond Armlets now
>even at the very fucking beginning of the game
lmao
>>
What's with the Fran hate anons?

she a cute
>>
>>384183727
You only need 2 at most
Also, there's a reason they give it to you for free
>>
>>384183727
Where can you farm these? Does the effect stack if I've got three equipped on the active party?
>>
File: 1496248233888.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1496248233888.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>384182584
>>384182683
REEE FRAN IS A CUTE GIRL THOUGH
VAAN IS THE ONE WHO DESERVES HATE BECAUSE THE INTERNET SAID SO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384183973
Vaan blows, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>384183973
At least Fran and Vaan have both actually contributed something to the party. Penelo is completely fucking useless in terms of characterisation and the overall story.

That's what I can see so far into the game, anyway; I'm just finished getting the plot device
>>
>>384183876
>You only need 2 at most
Why? One should be plenty
>Also, there's a reason they give it to you for free
Explain

>>384183970
Trail mode, at the very first level. Up one of the stairs and look for a treasure (theres a total of two treasures per level)
>Does the effect stack if I've got three equipped on the active party?
No, you only need one.
>>
File: nicole-fantl-53.2.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
nicole-fantl-53.2.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
>>384183973

>tfw her qt voice actress disappeared off the face of the earth
>>
>>384183840
>>384183973
She is cute and built for sex with ex-judges, not betas like yourself , but that doesnlt make her any more relevant to the story. Her sole purpose is to spam exposition at convinient times and be balthier's cumdumpster.
>>
>>384184745
I really hope this remake spurs the creation of viera porn
>>
File: 1496872238479.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496872238479.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
Real talk.
The last Final Fantasy I finished was fucking
Crisis Core.
Will I enjoy this game if I never played the original?
Thinkan of getting it this payday
>>
>>384185036
Yeah you'll probably like it
It's nothing like Crisis core though
>>
>>384185036
You probably will if you like MMOs.
There's A LOT of content in this game that will make you spend countless of hours (Last time I played FFXII was on my PS2, and I clocked over 600 hours)
>>
File: 1475536902563.png (55KB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1475536902563.png
55KB, 209x213px
>>384161681
>>384160610
>>384161047
>1/10000 chance of appearing
>in an invisible chest that can't be opened
>in an obscure place in the map with nothing around it
>that requires you to have a special accessory to obtain it
>in a boring, irrelevant part of the game with absolutely nothing interesting going one with 0 reason to ever visit
>when you get it it makes a random arrow permanently spawn in some other completely unrelated part of the map and float above the ground

What the fuck were these devs smoking
>>
>>384185036
Literally no reason to play the original since this version is better in literally every way except the fact that when you talk to npcs the icon over their head no longer changes and Sky Pirates Den is removed so if you're gonna play it, this is the version.
Also the 2x and 4x speed up shaves off about 10 odd hours of faff and dulness
>>
>>384183303
>>384183501
I actually fucking love Balthier and is probably my all time favorite FF character. I just feel like I fucked him by making him a Machinist.
>>
>>384185036
>Will I enjoy this game if I never played the original?
It's just a remaster with a few additions and tweaks, it's not very different from the original.
It is a bit divisive game though, some people don't like how it focuses less on story than other Final Fantasies
>>
>>384185523
>Sky Pirates Den is removed
I didn't even notice that until now
>>
>>384185528
>give hero a lore friendly job
>fucked him up
????
>>
>>384185528
Don't worry, just combine him with literally anything and make him 10x better. Although only hunters and machinists get remedy lore 3 which will help you stop disease early on, so there's that.
>>
>>384185523
>Sky Pirates Den
Fucking dropped. Square is retared
>>
>>384185769
>>384185919
Yeah, I mean it was turned into trophies but it would've been way better if it was actually in game so you could complete them every time you play.
>>
File: 1495218515419.jpg (255KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1495218515419.jpg
255KB, 500x498px
>>384185327
I didn't figure it would be, But it does look cool.
Also I completely forgot that I played Lightning returns and a good chunk of 13 since CC.

Are Magic pots and Tonberrys and shit like the Genji armour in this game?
Not to sound out of touch but it has been a long time since i played a good FF game
>>
>>384147580
Main Gauche is fucking ridiculous. I have Basch as a White Mage/Shikari and he is the most invincible tank ever.
I honestly can't believe they let Main Gauche be under Daggers 3, it should be under 5 or 6.
>>
>>384186162
Yeah, in fact you have to steal Genji Armour from Gilgamesh or else you can't get it, fucking missed the shield without noticing today. He has different stuff that can be stolen from him each 20% health difference.
>>
File: 1495835980312.jpg (41KB, 437x471px) Image search: [Google]
1495835980312.jpg
41KB, 437x471px
>>384186391
Oh shit, you can steal in 12? what about Gil toss?
>>
>>384171678
How bout mine
>>
>>384186668
its in baby!
>>
>>384186668
Yeah, the game got a bunch of stuff like that and content, worth the price, desu. Although I bought the collecters edition so I don't know how much it costs on its own.
>>
>>384186745
You're shit.
>>
File: 1494363575437.jpg (8KB, 196x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494363575437.jpg
8KB, 196x225px
>>384186925
>>384186854
fucking noice, always loved the idea of throwing my change at bosses for no reason.
Thanks for the info niggas
>>
>>384185528
I gave him Monk secondary and it's fine
The job is strong enough to make him good, plus I feel like if he used any melee weapon, it'd be a spear or pole
>>
>>384187716
I would agree except his animation for Spear is so retarded
>>
>>384148805
Underrated.
>>
File: 1497916559001.jpg (167KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497916559001.jpg
167KB, 480x480px
>A
>KNOT
>OF
>RUST
Is the Diamond Armlet a trap?
Have I been tricked?
HELP ME
>>
>>384188557
I was literally thinking the exact same thing
i feel like I've been tricked
>>
>Fran has the worst stats meme
She has the highest vit and is average in everything else. You can put her in any job and she'll cap all of the stats that it needs to perform well.
>>
>>384188794
I swear it's like Diamond Armlet: 5% GOD ITEM, 95% Rust
Nothing: 60% Decent item, 40% gil
>>
>steamroll through the game
>get to bomb king
>instant wipe within a minute
this fucking game
>>
File: 1488238536549.jpg (57KB, 955x536px) Image search: [Google]
1488238536549.jpg
57KB, 955x536px
posting informative video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pJn96BXo8Y
>>
>>384189283
I don't remember that being a tough fight, also it's optional.
>>
>>384188557
Ad to add on to this:
>Vaan stole a Pebble from shit monster
WHOSE JOKE AM I THE BUTT OF
>>
File: 1466496609489.jpg (27KB, 460x282px) Image search: [Google]
1466496609489.jpg
27KB, 460x282px
PC port when
>>
>>384189521
is it? i thought I was going the right way.

either way he just oils+instantly attacks before I can even handkerchief anyone
>>
>>384189630
Weird. Do you not do hunts or something? Or not use haste and stuff. Renew is a pain but quickenings can bypass it and I think he runs out of MP eventually anyway.
>>
>>384189918
ive only done a few hunts but I have haste up+shell and protect most of the times.
also my quickenings dont do very much damage so i tend to keep them for the last chunk
>>
>>384189465
neat

>>384189604
eventually
>>
>>384187461
same jobs, good shit senpai
>>
>>384181806
If you want to use anything besides Haste, Reflect and Float properly you need an actual magic stat.
>>
>>384190075
Well I think it's technically meant to be done later so you might aswell go back to it later, you're supposed to talk to the moogle at the door that needs repairing and find 9 moogles.
>>
>>384190108
It's pretty good but only one character has haste which is bullshit. Next time I play I'll prolly have a setup with a least 2 time mages. After you do the all 12 jobs run once, there's no reason to do it again.
>>
What's the deal with treasure randomly spawning everywhere? Don't think I remember that from the PS2 game. Been 10 years since I've played. Must have forgotten.
>>
>>384192458
There are a lot more treasure chests and they respawn much faster now
>>
Can you fuck yourself by having duplicate jobs in your party?
>>
>>384193136
There's part of me that thing having six Machinst/Archers might actually work.
To answer your question, if you don't have enough healing potential or physical prowess you're prolly fucked.
>>
When is the earliest in the game I can get Reverse?

It's like at least one party member has to be able to use it if you want to fight the endgame bosses
>>
>>384193136
You're limited by item drops, only one person can use the best weapon and the rest of the party has to use vendor bought stuff.
>>
>>384186391
>in fact you have to steal Genji Armour from Gilgamesh
Any other guide-dang-its like this?
>>
>>384147769
What if there's a FFXII: Soul of Rebirth featuring Reks and Rasler
>>
>>384193929
Jesus they're is a lot tho, this is one of the things that is totally missable tho. You can easily look up hunts, espers, grimoires and check if you have key items that you aren't sure what they are used for. I totally forgot about how to do grimoires until I looked it up.
>>
>>384191580
yeah, I will do the same thing, gotta take that 12 job playthrough out of the way first
>>
>>384139671
Chain quickenings until he is dead, that is how I dealt with him when fought him in the playstation 2 and that is how I dealt with him now again
>>
Two questions I wanted to ask /ffg/, but apparently it's been taken over by toriyamafags who want to sniff lightning's farts.

First off, what's the "canon" classes for each character. I want Ashe as a knight since she uses greatswords, but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Secondly, what the shit is the timeline order?
>>
Do you think Fran's race could be impregnated by a human?
>>
>>384196192
They're an all female race so I hope so as the implications are worrying.
>>
>>384172546
Got 3 party members with fira, complete annihilation of flans.
>>
>>384196334
>are worrying

spot the fag
>>
Guys...
How old is Fran?
>>
How many of you guys are using the speed boost? I'm contemplating on using it, but I feel like it would be cheating.
>>
>>384196032
I wanted to do something like that but I used all 12 classes here:
>>384187461
But I imagine it'd be more true to the characters if you have duplicates such as having Basch also as a knight. For the others, Vaan is shikari, Balthier is machinist, Fran is archer and Penelo is white mage. Anything other than that is guess work.
>>
>>384196334
There's male Viera
>>
>>384196706
dude...
>>
>>384196818
I use it all the time now. There's no reason not to. It was put in the game because of how slow walking around and fighting mooks can be. Trust me, once you start using it you'll feel like it's the way the game is meant to be played.
>>
File: 1477824853584.jpg (26KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477824853584.jpg
26KB, 640x512px
>>384196818
It's just a speedhack you autistic fuck,have you never played an emulated RPG before?
>>
>>384197380
I have, but at normal speeds. The way the game was meant to be played.
>>
>>384197576
You're playing a console game without hacks, like it was meant to be played when you're using the 2x or 4x speed modes in TZA.
>>
Why does everyone have Trump tan lines in this game?
>>
>>384196818
90% of the time
I could never go back to not using it
>>
>>384198091
Because 12 made Final Fantasy Great Again and like our President, there are too many idiots who shit on it
>>
Should I be evenly leveling teams or can I just use who I want?

Constantly swapping people to keep levels even kinda sucks
>>
>>384198380
Leave /pol/ in /pol/ please.
>>
HEY BUCKETHEAD!
>>
>>384180936
It's the Diamond Armlet itself that is making all the chests knots of rust anon. It's mostly a "power up my dark matter sempai" item than anything else, it's only good for some select chest.
>>
>>384199138
he's the guy who brought up trump, not me
>>
>>384184384
Wait you can keep trial mode items in your main save?
>>
>>384196818
I prefer the way Ashe's ass moves in 1x.
>>
How do you dual class in this game? Do you get more licenses or some shit?
>>
>tfw you will never find out how old Fran is
>>
>>384200952
Two boards. Toggle between after you get gigas.
>>
Does Fran have sex a lot? She is a rabbit after all....
>>
File: 1499910137702.png (11KB, 894x174px) Image search: [Google]
1499910137702.png
11KB, 894x174px
>>384201368
Futa rabbit sex, maybe.
>>384196032
An anon posted this the other day. I don't personally agree with the Ashe, but otherwise it's pretty accurate
>>
>>384196818
I have 2x on all the time unless I'm DYING FROM BOSSES. (Slowing thing down then doesn't really help either though)

4x is too fast, especially with the wonky camera.
>>
Okay, what is everyone's favorite weapons to use on characters. Fuck stats, fuck min/maxing. If you had to choose a weapon for someone just because it looks cool how they use it, what would it be?
>>
File: 1359556276652.png (77KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
1359556276652.png
77KB, 192x154px
>>384198195
>>384197380
>>384197215
>>384203132
>God this game is so good, except its boring and I skip and auto through 90% of it.
>>
>>384196818

FF12 is a good game for me to zone out a bit, relax, immerse myself. I only use the speed-up when running down a long hallway, through an empty area, etc, or fighting shit that's way weaker than me when I still want the LP.
>>
>>384203665
>skip
>not maximizing time effeciency
lmao what a pleb
>>
>>384203645
Bathier with rods will always be baller.
>>
>>384204317
Is he just good with them or what?
>>
>>384205275
He knows how to handle a rod
>>
File: Emusucka.png (1MB, 1018x874px) Image search: [Google]
Emusucka.png
1MB, 1018x874px
>>384144025
>>
>>384148843
Hand bombs do the same thing, just so you know
>>
This game has some really well directed cutscenes, like the last Square game with a competent director. I wonder if you could put a decent sub-3 hour "movie" together with them.
>>
>>384149209
will basically make the screen shake around larger monsters and during same attacks. I don't really like it, but you may as well turn it on and see for yourself.
>>
>>384196032
here
pls respond
>>
>game is about "taking history back into the hands of men"

>next thing we know about the world everything went to shit, entire races went extinct and society has regressed back to a medieval age

G-great job
>>
>>384207296
wait, so there is a timeline after all?
>>
>>384207419

Yeah, it's something like FF12 - FF12 revenant wings - FFTA2 - long ass amount of time passes (millennia) - FF tactics. Vagrant Story is in there somewhere, and FFTA doesn't take place in the 'real' ivalice
>>
File: venat.png (190KB, 363x735px) Image search: [Google]
venat.png
190KB, 363x735px
>>384207296
did they keep the reins or did the occuria ever take them back?

they don't appear in any other game right?
>>
>>384207419
Yeah XII happens waaaaaaaaay before Tactics.
>>
File: 1462224477877.gif (1005KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1462224477877.gif
1005KB, 600x338px
>>384207767
Revenant Wings never happened
>>
>>384208084
Fuck off.
>>
>>384208084
What's wrong with revenant wings
>>
>>384208116
You first, toriyama.
>>
>>384207801
The Occuria got fucked. Who knows, maybe the whole calamity thing was their way of making men turn the gods once more. The Ivalice world has a lot that could be explored.
>>
Question to anybody who has 100% the game, doesn't matter if it was pre-zodiac age: Do you need to use all 6 party members or can I just use the same 3 dudes for all content? I ask because I only really want to use Vaan + 2 of the ladies.
>>
>>384138818
So whenever I played the base game I always just did Basch as tank/DPS, Vaan as pure DPS and Penelo as "Red Mage" (90% healing with some black magic thrown in)

I also literally ignored the other characters. They'd end up less tahn lvl 20 even when doing endgame content.

I also ignored Gambits. And I was able to do 100%, twice, with these conditions.

Is this possible in Zodiac Age or am I gonna get my ass kicked
>>
Anyone have a nice upskirt of Ashe?
>>
>>384208443
You're going to get your ass kicked in trial mode. Other than that, you're fine.

Other than being a total faggot for not equally leveling your characters, a basic JRPG formula.
>>
>>384208415
You can use three if you want, but if they ever get fucked I don't think you can recover.
>>
Can you get decoy on any license board?
>>
>>384208415

You're a /ss/ fag aren't you?
>>
Is Ashe the most suffering FF main character? I can't think of anybody who has it worse than her.
Thread posts: 393
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.