[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Hearts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Promotional_Artwork_KH.png (2MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Promotional_Artwork_KH.png
2MB, 1120x1600px
I always told myself I'd look into the series once KH3 got a release date, and so it did. How do you guys find the game? Is the combat entertaining? Is the story interesting? Which version of the game should I buy for PS4, there's two different versions on the PSN store currently. And do these older titles still hold up?
>>
Buy KH 1.5+2.5 HD on PS4 and then buy 2.8. That's the entire series aside from the mobile game.

>And do these older titles still hold up?

Playing them on PS4, yes KH1 Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix hold up well and are genuinely good Action RPGs. Birth By Sleep, Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 3D, 358/2 Days are all either hit or miss for some people, generally all of them are considered weaker than KH1 and 2

RE: Coded on the DS is worth checking out but again it might be hit or miss.
>>
>>384135724
story is pretty bad, it has good themes and some endearing parts but writing is all over the place and dialogue sucks.
Gameplay is fun, more so in 2, spinoffs can be okay but they differ from the mainline gameplay.
>>
>>384136072
buying 2.8 is a waste of money and time, 0.2 is quite bland, ddd is shit, and the movie can be watched in yt.

1.5+2.5 is totally worth it though
>>
Kingdom Hearts 1 and Birth By Sleep are genuinely great.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is crap but the remake makes enough improvements to make it worth playing.

The rest are skippable but Dream Drop 2.8 is okay, and has TWEWY fanservice if you're obsessed with that game like me.
>>
>>384136072
>>384136089

So are the mainline games the only ones worth playing and the other ones not so much? Though if I do buy 1.5+2.5 Remix I might play all 6 titles since I get them all included in the package anyways.

And HLTB lists 2.8 as barely 7 hours long, should I just read up on the plots for what happens during the games and the cinematic in 2.8?
>>
>>384136089
> dialog sucks

your mom does
>>
Chances of a My Hero Academia world??
>>
File: 1500045563218.jpg (253KB, 600x588px) Image search: [Google]
1500045563218.jpg
253KB, 600x588px
>>384136408
i see you in these threads so much it's like I know you
>>
>>384135724

>saying "Coming 2018" is givinga release date

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>384136285
>>384136408
Hmm seems like 2.8 is a waste indeed, guess I'll definitely pickup 1.5+2.5 then though, thanks Anons. I did like TWEWY but picking up 2.8 for it seems excessive so I guess I'll pass.
>>
>>384136660
Sorry, I'm tired. Release frame / Year of release, whatever you'd like to call it.
>>
>>384136660
If you're a KH fan and are 100% expecting this to release in 2018 I'd honestly just recommend people stop before they set themselves up for disappointment.

It'll be set for September 2018 and then around E3 next year I guarantee it'll just say "Coming March 2019"
>>
Get KH 1.5+2.5 (you can get it for like 20 or 30 at a gamestop or something if you are an amerifag), and then later on get KH 2.8 after beating those and after it gets a price drop.

1.5+2.5 has
>4 games
>2 movies of all of the cutscenes from the ds games.

2.8 only has:
>one game
>a short episode thats basically a kh3 demo but with exclusive story that takes 2 hours max to beat and probably less than 10 hours for all of the extra stuff
>a movie that tries to summarize the mobile game but horribly fails
despite how much less this has than 1.5+2.5, you will usually find 2.8 at full price. just wait for that to go down a bit and then get it.

As for the order to play the games in the 1.5+2.5 collection, here is the order:
>Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
>Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
>Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
>Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Movie)
>Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
>Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (Movie)

after that when you get 2.8, play in this order:
>Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
>Kingdom Hearts 0.2
>Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover (Movie)

As for that mobile game, not even I (and most of the fanbase) are playing that. We are all just waiting for it to end (because it isnt over yet and is always updating with new story every month or 2) and then we are just going to watch a summary of it or something.

I am convinced though that this game is just going to be used to bridge the gap between KH3 and KH4.

>>384136089
>story is pretty bad, it has good themes and some endearing parts but writing is all over the place and dialogue sucks.

people who say this haven't played all of the games.
>>
>>384137528
Yeah 2.8 is pretty damn pricey here, no clue why and 1.5+2.5 is much cheaper though it has more bang for the buck supposedly. Really appreciate the order list and details anon, definitely convinced to start now that it's becoming a bit more clear how to take this series on, hopefully gonna pick up 1.5+2.5 in two days or so!
>>
>>384136408
Your shit taste is showing.
>>
>>384136408
>BBS
>great
lol
>>
File: 1497716199366.png (195KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1497716199366.png
195KB, 417x578px
>>384138942
BBS is great is you aren't an autist and acknowledge the fact that it's a portable game with limitations and not a full-fledged console game like KH2, also PSP had multiplayer which normalfags didn't get to play.
>>
>>384139214
BBS isn't shit because of limitations, it's shit because of shit game design.
>>
how do i beat roxas in the world that never was in critical mode level 30?
>>
>>384139313
KH2's linear as fuck cutscene/battle/run-to-the-next-room/repeat wasn't exactly great game design either.
>>
>>384139385
What do you die from most often?
You need to learn his patterns and when to guard or use reflect. You also need to time your jumps right during the light-orb part.
>>
>>384139646
i don't know i havent played the game in a year
>>
>>384139214
So the game is shit but it's okay because it's on a Portable console? What kind of logic is that? Re:Coded is better than any other portable KH game even 3D which was on the 3DS.

>>384139619
BBS is literally the same and biggest offender in terms of large empty hall way and linearity. I swear to god you go inside of so many empty ass rooms that are large for the sake of being large and to fill them with enemies, that's not even level design it barely qualifies as a game.
>>
>>384139619
Except KH2 makes up for it by actually having good bosses and combat while BBS is a clunky mess with with only a few passable bosses.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.