[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what a great fucking game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

what a great fucking game
>>
>>384130990
I prefer the non-stage-based Castlevanias with RPG elements. It was a nice move to include SotN, though. There aren't unlockables like these anymore.
>>
>>384130990
Is it playable on ppsspp? I also want to play persona 2
>>
>>384130990
I'm interested in this.
Probably one of the top 3 impulse buys of my life. Best Classicvania imo. And SotN was a nice bonus as well.
>>
>>384131524
I'd wager ppsspp can handle it. It's a pretty well written emulator. Google "ppsspp compatibility list" and ctrl+f this game.
>>
>>384131524
PPSSPP is one of the best emulators out there, super optimized.
>>384131413
>non-stage-based Castlevanias with RPG elements
The concept is super interesting but I wish they were harder. All of them are still super fun romps
>>
>>384131524
It works fine, playing on psspspspsp currently
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.gif (175KB, 249x219px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.gif
175KB, 249x219px
>>384130990
>SOTN's scrupt rewritten and redubbed
>>
>>384131780
How would you make them harder? More classic-esque enemy placement? Harder bosses? That crazy classic knockback?
I personally wouldn't change the movement too much because it's so fluid and nice in Metroidvanias.
>>
Just bought it on my Vita, been playing it on the way to work and all.

Dat fucking music.
>>
>>384130990
>PSP
too bad no one played it
>>
>>384132251
>More classic-esque enemy placement?
Order of Ecclesia tried this and it was more frustrating than hard
>Harder bosses?
Probably this one.
In SotN and Dawn of Sorrow you can beat some bosses without even worrying about their attacks, just "bruteforcing" them by attacking like a retard
Also, maybe remove the leveling system and let the attack strength be dependent on your gear. That would also encourage the player to explore more to find cool strong weapons.
>>
File: 1486990265228.gif (338KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
1486990265228.gif
338KB, 538x572px
>>384132121
>It's still just as awful as the original dub

I refuse to believe they didn't do that shit on purpose
>>
y drakala maed dou?
>>
You mean the shitty remake?
>>
>>384132950
I think the new movement options you get as the game progresses also lend themselves well to the sort of "big castle" style of CV games. That way backtracking through trash enemies is not as annoying when exploring old sections.
More challenging bosses sounds like a good idea, and I like the idea of something like Dark Souls, where you CAN grind out levels, but it really is no substitute for gitting gud unless you grind an insane amount of time.
I'd try to find the sweet spot between that and something like Monster Hunter, where your weapon's strength IS your strength.
>>
>>384130990
Rondo is fantastic

The remake on the other hand...
>>
>>384133801
>>384133478
good thing it's included in the remake package
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.