[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with eSports?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 6ll51nvthv9z.jpg (172KB, 1415x1091px) Image search: [Google]
6ll51nvthv9z.jpg
172KB, 1415x1091px
>>
>>384128270
E-sports.
>>
File: 1483751442199.png (365KB, 523x415px) Image search: [Google]
1483751442199.png
365KB, 523x415px
>>384128364
fpbp
>>
>>384128270
Super fucking cringe comments filled with memes, babytalk "lingo" and screams. It's even worse when there's a black perso in the obligatory pair, and half of the comments are in unintelligible ebonics.
>>
>>384128270

I understand why people watch real sports but I don't understand why they watch e-sports. It's a huge pain in the ass to get another 105 guys, plus 7 refs, plus coaches, and 100 yard field for a game of football but you can sit naked in your room and download and play a game.
>>
>>384128270
it will never shed its hipster base. nothing "e-sports" does will ever make it on the level of something like european football or american baseball. to many memes and dumb shit, plus its young fanebase its not targeted towards more mature adults and it never will be. the appeal of games is largely kids and teens regardless of what people would have you believe which is e-sports biggest flaw.
>>
>>384128441
It's moments like that which make me believe they're truly another species. It's like they are incapable of using English, or any language for that matter, as well as any other group of people.
>>
>>384128270
Nothing went wrong with e-sports. What went wrong was games started changing and catering towards an e-sport audience which in turn made the games worse for no real benefit. Since e-sport scenes that doesn't form on their own are doomed to failed.
>>
File: 1493300348064.png (373KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
1493300348064.png
373KB, 500x507px
The only problem with e-sports is that there is only three-ish games worth watching and every game that tries to be the next big esport falls flat on its face
>>
The personality and casters don't often even enjoy the game but are just shoehorned into the scene, Blizzard always have shit like that in for their e-sport crew.

The reason e-sports like Dota works out is that most of the people involved actually enjoy the game, instead of forcing shit like Soe and generic shit into the scene.
>>
>>384128364
fpbp
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.