[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you ready for the revival of the Blue Bomber?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: 81+JpBGfAJL._AC_SX215_.jpg (27KB, 215x264px) Image search: [Google]
81+JpBGfAJL._AC_SX215_.jpg
27KB, 215x264px
Are you ready for the revival of the Blue Bomber?
>>
File: Voltman.jpg (82KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Voltman.jpg
82KB, 400x400px
>>384111029
Can't wait for Legacy Collection 3 containing the Wily Wars, Super Adventure, &Bass and the PC games.
>>
Ah fuck, I completely forgot to finish Legacy collection 1
>>
>>384111029
Wasn't there a Mega Man collection on the PS2 that had every game?
>>
>>384112284

1-8, plus the two Power Fighters arcade games.
>>
Did 1 even sell well enough to warrant a 2?
>>
>>384111029
The first legacy collection was terrible, 6 NES ROMs for $20 with extremely basic emulation. I might buy this if the ports of MM9 and 10 are good though.
>>
File: Bass Vegeta.jpg (163KB, 505x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bass Vegeta.jpg
163KB, 505x450px
>>384111029
So fucking hilarious Bass is on the cover and yet Bass' game isn't in the box.
>>
>>384112573

Seriously Capcom, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>384112754
Circling the drain.
>>
>>384112284
Yes. And also another one that had all the X games till x6. So this is Capcom Jewing it up to 11 while they offer you a much worse product than 10 years ago.
>>
>>384112284
It was great, that's how I went back and beat all the MM games in order, damn they are good
I never did unlock the secret racing game...
>>
>>384112853
>>384112284
Let's be completely fair; these were a collection of the 6 JP-only Mega Man remakes already on the PS1 and then 4 X games plus the racer already on the PS1.

This is at best only slightly less effort.
>>
>>384112573
Not quite as big a screw up, but it reminds me of how Huitzil's art in Darkstalkers Resurrection had him using a weapon from a game that wasn't included in the pack.
>>
>Creating a collection of the four worst classic Mega Man games
I don't see how this is supposed to "revive" Mega Man.
>>
>>384111029
That's just a collection of old games.

If you want some good and recent Megaman shit, there's Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and the fan-made MegaMaker.
>>
File: 1494330970374.png (192KB, 620x433px) Image search: [Google]
1494330970374.png
192KB, 620x433px
I just wanted Legends 3.
>>
>>384113781
Console yourself with the knowledge that there will never be a new Mega Man game; so they can't fail to make it a Legends game.
>>
File: 1429763650037.png (83KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1429763650037.png
83KB, 256x256px
>>384113780
>Mighty Gunvolt Burst
I-is it actually good? Like, in comparison to No. 9?
I feel like it got it's share of deserved shit but it was honestly okay in my book
>>
Give me a fucking new X collection Crapcom.

And you'd better put all of them on disc. Don't separate them you jew bastards.
>>
>>384113949
>there will never be a new Mega Man game
You fucking wish. They'll release a new game after they air that horrible new cartoon. And it'll be a phone game to boot.
>>
>>384114058
It's miles better than Mighty No.9, it's not even made by the same team. It's what MN9 should have been.

The selling point of the game is its customization system. You can create your own weapons by tuning a lot of shit.

You unlock more parts and the ability to put more OP shit as you progress (and replay) the levels. That means the beginning the game is kinda boring, but as you progress you can make a lot of ridiculous, broken weapons. It gets really addictive.

Well worth the price. Just watch out if you plan to get it on 3DS, it might be running at 30 fps considering their previous game (Blaster Master Zero) ran like this.
>>
>>384114317
I'll lay money on it. Sure they co-developed the Star Force and Battle Network animes to try to get some of that sweet sweet Pokemon dollars. But that was when Keiji Inafune; a person who despite all popular mudslinging was in a position of power and in support of Mega Man was at Capcom. But even then they fucked up and went to shit real quick on Star Force.

Now the gooks-in-chief at Capcom in no uncertain terms hate Mega Man to the point of ranting about how the OG is an absurd appropriation of 'ancient' western design conventions and want nothing further to do with him. Further they're clear on only caring about Japanese unit movement, and for Mobile games that's actually smart instead of shortsighted.

That cartoon isn't to be distributed in Japan so it'd be monumentally stupid for Capcom to be producing merchandising for their own licensed media. Not like they did it for the Ruby-Spears cartoon or Wish Upon a Star.
>>
File: 1310491334001.jpg (31KB, 313x343px) Image search: [Google]
1310491334001.jpg
31KB, 313x343px
9>MM&B>10>3>5>4>7>2>6>1>8

All of them good tho
>>
How is it that Capcom gets progressivly more Jewish with each collection release of Megaman? I bought Anniversary colection on the GC over ten years ago and it came with every mainline classic MM game sans MM&B - At the time, it's omission even made sorta sense since Capcom had just recently ported that to the GBA and probably didn't want to cannibalize its sales by offering it on their collection.

Flash forward to present day and now they have the balls to do the same collection but arbitrarly splitting it up in multiple releases and still manage not to include any new games
>>
>>384115381
>MM&B
my nigger
>>
>>384115746
I've honestly wondered what kind of ROI Capcom would get if they just stuck the complete Mega Man library into a disk and sold it for $60.

Throw a PDF of the Complete Works in there as bonus content for completing games/challenges.

Pay an intern to build stat cards for all the bosses, and write blurbs about them like in &Bass. Include multiples for all the bosses with duplicate fights to make it something like Smash Bros trophies.

Shouldn't that bring in more than these? Or a stagnated Virtual console re-release?
>>
Do not give them your money

Legacy 1 is one of the worst ports of Mega Man 1-6 I've played

Get the Anniversary collection instead and buy 9 and 10 separately if you have to
>>
>>384116665
Gamecube or PS2?
>>
>>384117730
not that anon but IIRC the PS2 version is generally agreed to be the better of the two versions as it includes optional remixed tracks that can be played in lieu of the original soundtracks, while the GC version omits this and instead included an interview with Keiji Inafune (lol)

That said I played the GC release and didn't really feel like I missed out on the PS2 stuff so you could probably stick to that if that's the console you have available. Fair warning about the GC version is that the A and B buttons have been swapped around and that might trip you up at first, but you'll get the hang of it.
>>
File: smugpug.png (263KB, 305x588px) Image search: [Google]
smugpug.png
263KB, 305x588px
don't waste your time with ports, emulate them all and then go play mega maker it came out yesterday
>>
>>384114684
Not him, but oh really?
Shit. I'm glad I got BMZ for the switch then.
I tried the demos of both versions before, but I didn't remember enough back then to notice the 30FPS. That's kind of a shame. What I did notice though, was how fucking worthless the bottom screen was. The top screen also felt, I dunno, cramped? The switch version is the way to go, but I was still able to beat the demo on 3DS just fine.
>>
File: teleported into spikes.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
teleported into spikes.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>384119573
>go play mega maker
Nah, not until they get their shit together.
>>
>>384120010
HAH
>>
>>384120010
this is known as an upwarp
>>
>>384111029
sorry I already have emulators on my pc and they do not have sound issues, or as the devs like to say play truer to classics then even the original versions
>>
>>384119573

Mega Maker is a slow unoptimized piece of shit unfortunately.
>>
>>384122489
I'll pay you 1,000 dollars to record your inputs of that upwarp and send them to me
>>
>>384112573
Bass is in 7 & 10, though.

But yeah, I get you. MM&B, despite not being numbered, is for all intents and purposes a mainline title. I can somewhat reconcile Capcom not including shit like The Power Fighters, Battle & Chase, Super Adventure, and Soccer. But leaving out MM&B is just retarded
>>
>>384123097

They would either have to port the shitty GBA version or translate the Super Famicom version.

Both of which would cost extra money in either having to code a GBA emulator or translating and editing the ROM of Rockman and Forte.

Neither of which is something Capcom cares enough about to spend on.
>>
>only 4 games compared to the first one's 6
>let alone the Anniversary Collection which had 10 games
>two of the games in the collection are the absolute worst in the series

They seriously should have just had 9 and 10 on the first Legacy Collection and done an X Collection next instead.
>>
>7 and 8

RIP Megaman, these will kill any chance at revival by themselves.
>>
>>384123852
>tfw you like 7

why do people rag on it again? The soundtrack is stellar, the robot masters are cool and the level design is tight and doesn't have the gimmicks of 8
>>
>>384124286
Because it came out two years after Megaman fucking X, the best game in the entire platforming genre and arguably the best 16 bit game period.

Also because it sucks ass, giant sprites, ugly artstyle, awkward controls, it just feels like complete shit to play. so does Megaman and Bass which is also terrible. the only thing 7 has going for it is great robot masters.
>>
A part of me only wants to know what kind of no name emulators they'll use this time around.
>>
>>384125534
mednafen
>>
>>384122875
this is how we learned what needs to happen for the hyrule barrier skip in wwhd. gamecube doesnt have enoug speed to do it just barely but we finally got it
>>
>>384123097
>MM&B, despite not being numbered, is for all intents and purposes a mainline title.
Not that I care to argue the minutia of Megaman canonicity: but to do just that, it seems to be a side game to me.

Beyond the nonnumbered title it reuses bosses from Megaman 8 and with those and the new ones being designed by the Megaman Manga artists of the time the whole thing seemed like a gimmick, it introduces a new primary antagonist that's never heard of again despite insisting he survives, and really throws screwballs on Protoman's sudden arc.
>>
>>384124545
>Megaman fucking X, the best game in the entire platforming genre and arguably the best 16 bit game period
The delusion.
>>
>>384111029
>separating a decent collection in 2 shitty collections so you can sold it twice for long-term profit
>no Switch, Vita, 3DS, (dead) Wii U versions, which means input lag will be your best friend

nah, thanks
>>
>>384126085
The only other platformer of that quality is SMB3
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.