[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Yoshi the worst Nintendo franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: Yoshi's New Island.jpg (31KB, 270x247px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshi's New Island.jpg
31KB, 270x247px
Is Yoshi the worst Nintendo franchise?
>>
>>384110827
Nah.
>>
File: 1483394498216.jpg (435KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483394498216.jpg
435KB, 2000x1000px
I have nothing against pre-wii era fire emblem
but the series is currently taking so much resources from nintendo that could be used for better games
>>
>>384110827
Not by a long shot, woolly world was fantastic. Obligatory haha
>>
>>384110994
FE is IS dude. Complaining about it is like complaining about Kirby
>>
>>384110909
Then what is?
>>
>>384110994
Agreed. Fire Emblem is such an over saturated series for how little people actually care about it outside of japan
>>
>>384110827
No, because it has one of the best games ever in it. Though for such a great first game, you'd think that Nintendo would try to at least match or surpass it in quality, but they haven't been able to do it. Not that every other game in the series is bad, but they're just lackluster compared to the first one.
>>
File: 3VF7rwO.jpg (64KB, 520x694px) Image search: [Google]
3VF7rwO.jpg
64KB, 520x694px
>>384110994
>Went from a niche but humble series about medieval era war to your run of the mill anime fanservice weebshit cancer
>>
>>384111436
>1 good game in a sea of lackluster ones mean it isn't a bad franchise
>>
>>384110827
No, it's Starfox. It has a couple of good games, but Armada and Dinosaur Planet bring it all down. Also eagerly awaiting all the people who are excited about Starfox 2 on the SNES mini to play it and realize that it's just SF Command on the SNES.
>>
>>384110994
I'm still mad about how many FE characters there were in Smash 4. I'm not one of those fags who think they "took another character's spot", but still. Did we really need that fucking many FE characters? Then even more as DLC?
>>
No, Woolly World was good and the new one looks good too.

>>384110994
>>384111284
Nintendo does not make Fire Emblem.
>>
>>384111275
starfox after starfox1 and 64
>>
It's either Yoshi or Pikmin. Neither series has ever had a good game.
>>
>>384110827
yes
he only had about 2 good games
>>
>>384111658
But Command had shitty controls
>>
>>384110827
It started so good with Yoshi's Island.

Only Wooly World has been able to get close to being a fun game...
>>
>>384111658
Starfox is good solely because it's not another Platformer or Minigame collection.

It's the only game of it's kind that Nintendo puts out.
>>
>>384112983
Not him but the two Sin and Punishments?
>>
File: file_5.png (1MB, 672x1384px) Image search: [Google]
file_5.png
1MB, 672x1384px
Yes
>>
>>384113227
do you think yoshis feet smell like cake haha
ice cream losers dont have smelly cake feet haha
>>
golden sun, fire emblem, star fox are all worse
>>
>>384111804
they're still heavily associated with fire emblem
quit being pedantic about 2nd party stuff
>>
>>384110827
It has three good games (Yoshi's isn't one of them) which is than can be said for some of Nintendo's other IPs.

Nintendo just treat it like shit for God knows why, dumping it to bargain bin devs half the time.
>>
Woolly World was good.
>>
>>384118329
Whoops, that spoiler was meant to say Yoshi's Story
>>
>>384118462
If you say DS is good I'll knock you out.
>>
i havent played the 3ds game. why do people hate it? isnt it basically a port of the good snes title?
>>
No, but Artoon/Arzest are the worst fucking 2nd party devs Nintendo has.
>make a game for a portable that has an analog pad, a d-pad, 4 face buttons, 2 shoulder buttons, a touch-screen, and a start and select, oh and a 3D screen
>make it use only the touch-screen with all other face buttons and pads being used for moving the character, shoulder buttons do nothing, and I'm pretty fucking sure start and select do the same thing in the main game itself (they did nothing in the demo), and doesn't even use any 3D at all
I haven't played a game that wastes so much fucking button potential since Super Mario 3D Land.
>>
>>384118494
It was, you contrarian.

>but muh baby stops that aren't even spread too far apart
>but muh too difficult!

>>384118739
No, it's God-awful and it's disgusting that Nintendo allowed it be released.
>>
>>384118754
>>make it use only the touch-screen with all other face buttons and pads being used for moving the character, shoulder buttons do nothing, and I'm pretty fucking sure start and select do the same thing in the main game itself (they did nothing in the demo), and doesn't even use any 3D at all
What game are you talking about, because you did use the face buttons in Nu Island.
>>
>>384112167
>pikmin
>bad
Fuck you and your family
>>
File: technically nah.gif (2MB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
technically nah.gif
2MB, 498x280px
>>384110827
>>
File: 1473130955455.png (154KB, 403x281px) Image search: [Google]
1473130955455.png
154KB, 403x281px
>>384111275

All things considered? Star Fox is Nintendo's worst franchise.

Star Fox only has two good games (and one passing one) in its library. Star Fox and Star Fox 64... and Star Fox Assault.

Hell, even F-Zero has a better track record.

...ha
>>
>>384110827
For a while it was the poster child of creator favoritism (Because nobody buys any of the games after Story but Tezuka keeps getting money to make more) but Wooly World was alright so I welcome our new Carboard yoshi Overlords.
>>
>>384118809
It wasn't difficult though. It was just super bland and forgettable.
>>
>>384119061
>It wasn't difficult though.
Yeah, nah, I heard plenty of detractors whining about how difficult it was to get a score of 100 on certain levels. It wasn't bland. New Island is bland.
>>
Shut up you dumb turbo nigger.

The worst Nintendo franchise is Pilot Wings.
>>
>>384119265
New Island is shit, there's a difference.
And I don't give a shit about scrubs, DS was piss easy.
>>
>>384118857
That garbage known as "Hey! Pikmin", my lad.
I played the demo knowing it'd be Artoon shit (Arzest is the exact same, so none of you fags need even bother splitting semantic hairs here), but not knowing just how shit it would be.

What really sucks is that the game could have been, at best, decent if it weren't so blatantly designed for fucking mobile; or rather, like an early DS game which ONLY used the touch screen for pretty much everything else, including the D-pad, being rarely used, i.e. shit like Phantom Hourglass. Obviously, you need it or the face buttons to move in Hey!Pikmin, but it feels like you spend way more time tapping shit, even if you don't in reality.

Also, I fucking hate the name and I hate the fact that Olimar has to yelp HEUGH (not even "Hey!", but HEUGH) every single time you use the whistle, which actually causes a DELAY from when you tap the whistle and when you use it. Fuck Arzest and Nintendo for this dumbass name and fuck them for forcing it into the gameplay itself. They could have called it anything, but instead they give it a dumbass title that sounds more like something you would see in a jap-localized western game (names like changing something like Croc to, fuck, I dunno, "HEY!Croccu Daibouken no FANKY danshingu" which is the kind of shit they'd do all the time up until recently).

What a goddamn mess.
>>
>>384118938
have you ever tried a good Yoshi game like like a Super Mario World 2?
>>
>>384118809
what makes it god awful?
>>
>>384119386
>DS was piss easy
Sure it was buddy. I bet you 100%ed Welcome to Yoshi Tower on your first try, didn't you, ya pro.

>>384119451
- It's slow; Yoshi takes several seconds of walking before he reaches running speed and unless you are moving his egg throw animation takes a second to start up instead of being instant like in the original and DS.
- The Eggdozers are gimmicks. Each of the two eggs are only used about five/six levels each in the entire game. All the big one does is slow everything down as you watch it go around and wreck everything. The metal one has a cool idea behind it (walking underwater) but if I remember correctly you moved pretty slow underwater.
- Barely any egg-rebounded in needed in the game.
- Red coins can be hidden in groups of coins that only spawn if you stand in specific areas.
- Vehicle sections are now gyro-controlled minigames.
- Artstyle looks crap

The music is absolutely atrocious too. Literally have never heard anything more awful in video's soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrj6pp1qpU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAtd6NBvVA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaLuZaGjbqo

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>384119398
Oh that. The moment that was revealed and I saw how it looked like New Island (and later found out it was by the same devs) I knew it was gonna be crap. People tried to jump on people that were wary with their "why do you hate spin-offs" fallacies but what they don't get is we don't hate spin-offs; we hate how Nintendo is slacking off with them instead putting care into them like their main-line series.

Also I watched a video on YouTube that showed all the boss fights, and not only did they look pretty easy, but not one of them involved more than a single colour of Pikmin.
>>
>>384120243
>the boss fights, and not only did they look pretty easy, but not one of them involved more than a single colour of Pikmin.
Wow, that's fucking pathetic considering how easy it is to swap between them in the demo.
See, I saw "Arzest" in the reveal trailer, so I knew it was gonna be shit as well, but since the demo was free, I wondered just HOW shit it was. As I have said, it exceeded my expectations (by being even shittier than I thought possible). Shiggy needs to kill himself.
>>
>>384110827
Ignoring the puzzle games and panel de pon reskins, he's got 7 games. And only 2 of them, being Island and Wooly World, are good.
So yeah, pretty shit. Pretty astounding considering how good Yoshi's Island was, never has the ball been dropped so hard and so fast.
>>
>>384118985
They must have been making some ok bank to keep getting funded. I always loved Yoshi, no complaints here.
>>
>>384121018
>And only 2 of them
Wrong
>>
>>384111938
>>384118960
My dudes.

And while I like SF64, it's entirely overrated as well. Only reason why we all loved it as a kid was because of its presentation and that it's entirely competent as a rail shooter but there have been several games since it and even released prior to it that were superior on a gameplay level, like Sin & Punishment 1 and 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, After Burner Climax, Galaxy Force 2, and so on.
>>
>>384110994
Conquest was still good.
>>
>>384110827
yoshi's island is a spinoff series from the 2d mario games (yoshi's island is called smw2) so i wouldnt call it a franchise
Worst is easily Star Fox
>>
>>384121536
>all those star fox autists that kept crying about the lack of new star fox games but never played sin & punishment or ki:u
i will never understand it
>>
>>384121765
I loved S&P1, 2 was severly lacking in style and the controls weren't fun for me. KI:U just fucking destroyed my hands.

Is it so much to ask to use a normal controller on a TV?
>>
>>384121765
>i will never understand it
People who love SF64 were always normies who never cared about the rail shooter genre, anon. Pretty sure it's the only rail shooter they've ever played.

KI:U not being more popular than it is is baffling considering that it has a similar focus on story and characters like SF, only with deeper lore and being far better written, along with having fantastic character interactions and memorable dialogue, which is a large reason why people loved Star Fox. It was also several times deeper than any SF game as well.

>>384121913
>2 was severly lacking in style and the controls weren't fun for me
I don't understand this in the least. S&P2 was a very good looking game on the Wii and had plenty of style, plus a fantastic OST. Also the controls were intuitive as fuck and the game felt far easier to control than the first game.
>>
>>384121468
Name a third then nigga.
>>
>>384122013
DS
>>
File: StarFoxAdventures.jpg (40KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
StarFoxAdventures.jpg
40KB, 300x426px
>>384121723
>Worst is easily Star Fox
this
>yfw the best Starfox game isn't even a real Starfox game
>>
>>384111658
Just waiting for PlatinumGames to take over the series.
>>
>>384121992
>KI:U not being more popular than it is is baffling considering that it has a similar focus on story and characters like SF, only with deeper lore and being far better written, along with having fantastic character interactions and memorable dialogue
Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the most overrated Nintendo games on the DS. Everyone acts like it's god-tier when it has awful controls and praises the writing when the plot is bad being full of filler and has moments where it expects me to care and take it seriously despite the overall tone of the game, as well as the jokes being unfunny, with most either relying on meta-humour, character's being so overly hammy (Thanatos, Pyrrhon), and meme-bait ("Floor ice cream gives you health!").
>>
>>384121992
It looked good on a technical level but it was really lacking an identity, 1 was all about having a very rough look to it 2 was just... decent 3D. Music was pretty good but I don't remember any of the tracks. Controls at least on the Gamecube controller made no fucking sense to me at the time. It felt shoehorned like the game was telling me to waggle or go home.
>>
>>384120026
Babby music for babbies.
>>
>>384122217
>Adventures was good
Quality bait, famola.
>>
>>384122374
It was better than any of the other Starfox games.
>>
>>384122317
>and has moments where it expects me to care and take it seriously despite the overall tone of the game, as well as the jokes being unfunny, with most either relying on meta-humour, character's being so overly hammy (Thanatos, Pyrrhon), and meme-bait ("Floor ice cream gives you health!").
I thought the game was pretty damn good at knowing when to be serious and actually succeeding at it. Yeah, the game is littered with lots of humor, but there are a few serious moments in the game where the jokes are at a minimum and the writing is very effective at letting you know that shit basically got real. The humor was mostly good but I can understand how someone could think it tried a little too hard, but if you didn't care for the jokes, it's not like you couldn't just turn the dialogue off either.

Controls were fine.

>It looked good on a technical level but it was really lacking an identity, 1 was all about having a very rough look to it 2 was just... decent 3D.
2 practically just looked like 1 but with better graphics.

>Music was pretty good but I don't remember any of the tracks.
Makes no sense. Also, I go through the OST on YT every once in awhile and it always holds up. Better OST than 1, easily.

>Controls at least on the Gamecube controller made no fucking sense to me at the time. It felt shoehorned like the game was telling me to waggle or go home.
Was the game even compatible with the Gamecube controller?

Also, waggle? In S&P2? On the Gamecube controller? Did you even play the game?
>>
>>384118960
>Star Fox only has two good games (and one passing one) in its library.
And Yoshi only has one, with even that one being rather overrated.
>>
>>384122754
Meant to quote >>384122326 for the second part of that post, sorry
>>
haha
>>
>>384122575
See >>384122374
>>
>>384120952
Shiggy had nothing to do with this dumpster fire though. They really need to get rid of Artoons though, they're nothing but cancer to everything they get their hands on.
>>
>>384122754
>I thought the game was pretty damn good at knowing when to be serious and actually succeeding at it.
The game spends half the time telling me how it's all just a game and how silly the characters are and then it expects me to take "the world has went to shit and you were trapped in a ring for three years" super-cereal.

>it's not like you couldn't just turn the dialogue off either.
I shouldn't have to. The writing isn't good and everyone acts like it's god-tier. That same crap writing seeped into Smash Bros too with those Palutena's Guidance convos which sucked hard compared to Snake's Codec calls in Brawl.

>Controls were fine.
Maybe if you liked Star Fox Zero's too.
>>
>>384110827
should have stayed as a minor mario character

ugly forced kid friendly anti-dinosaur design, boots instead of claws and bowling ball nose
>>
>>384122147
Eh, it's mediocre.
>>
File: Lustpenis30 (1).jpg (96KB, 638x750px) Image search: [Google]
Lustpenis30 (1).jpg
96KB, 638x750px
>>384111658
It is responsible for pic related though
>>
>>384124073
Explain
>>
>>384121536
>After Burner Climax
>unobtainable and unemulatable
D-digital distribution is the f-future!
>>
>>384112167
>being THIS wrong
You're statement is quite literally the opposite of the truth.
>>
>>384112983
Wait The Legend of Zelda is a platformer or Minigame collection?
>>
>>384110827
pic related is one of the greatest platformers of all time, so no

it only went full retard from there
>>
File: 1494636465663.png (92KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494636465663.png
92KB, 500x375px
>>384124947
>tfw still have my digital copy on XBLA
So glad I bought that shit when I did. Have yet to actually beat it though. That game is hard as fuck.
>>
File: AfVqEMq.jpg (255KB, 861x467px) Image search: [Google]
AfVqEMq.jpg
255KB, 861x467px
>>384110827
Probably now. But >>384125338 is correct. So he had a noble start.

Also, see pic attached.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.