[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horizon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18

File: hzd.jpg (2MB, 1920x2116px) Image search: [Google]
hzd.jpg
2MB, 1920x2116px
It has an 89 on metacritic

Why??? What's so great about it?
>>
Everything
>>
it alright
>>
>>384110781
>>
File: sawtooths kill eachother.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sawtooths kill eachother.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>384110781
the combat and the graphics
>>
>>384110781
Only an 89?

It's basically a Bethesda game I'm surprised it's not higher
>>
>>384110781
>>384110805
89 157
>>
Very good combat mechanics, slightly innovating, though elements of segmenting models and dynamic movesets has been used before, but it took them to a new depth, in combination with overall strategic approach to combat where direct damage is among the lowest priorities. Very good writing, at least when they're not trying to SJW it up. Lack of pointless bloating in sandbox aspect, everything has a meaning.
>>
>>384111126
>at least when they're not trying to SJW it up
Yeah but i was pleasently surprised to see that only 2% of the story was that bullshit.
>>
Pretty looking screenshots from the games photomode and STRONG FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER AND DIVERSITY. I was surprised that it took me 10 hours to finally come to the conclusion that the game was just a Far Cry 3 clone minus the tight and satisfying combat and the dumb but tolerable story. Horizon tries and fails so hard at being a modernized cinematic drama that completely takes itself way too seriously with zero quirks or face of its own. It gives you that shitty "made for your average teen" vibe akin to movies like The Hunger Games or even Twilight to some extent. It's awful not because the voice acting and characters and story are super terrible but because it is so incredibly boring, insignificant, soulless, and forgettable. Horizon looks incredible for a PS4 game and even has some really great animation but that's it, everything else it does is the epitome of mediocre.
>>
>>384111329
>Far Cry 3 clone minus the tight and satisfying combat
But it has better combat than Far Cry 3. The machine fights are the main reason why so many people like it, myself included:
>>>/wsg/1777248
>>>/wsg/1777234
>>>/wsg/1778720
>>
>>384110781
It gently hits every triple A trope that the general masses deem acceptable.
It isn't a inherently bad game. Just uninspired.
Nothing it does is made it's own. Just shallow recreations of other mechanics and concepts from other games.
>>
>>384110781

Sony FOTM movie
>>
>>384110781
>Why???
Critics like generic AAA games with nice graphics and lots of story. Easy and simplistic gameplay is a plus in their eyes, it means they don't have to put any effort in to getting through the game.
>>
File: 1499189401660.jpg (17KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
1499189401660.jpg
17KB, 497x497px
Might have fucked up the order in which I did quests but I haven't seen a single white male in my last 2 hours of playing.
>mfw that stronk womyn of colyr warchief opens xir mouth
>>
>>384111329
Not here to defend hzd, i bought it, played 2 hours and stopped, but fc3 controls are fucking ass. You want a fps with tight controls, reference CSGO or CoD. People jerk each other off about how bad cod is but there's no denying its engine is good as fuck.
>>
It's fun desu, also anti feminist. Don't rush for shieldweave though, it makes the game stupid easy even on the new hardmode.
>>
>>384112470
Most quest givers and bandits are white men
>>
File: Aloy.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aloy.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I want to fuck Aloy
How is a 19 year old girl so good at everything? Is she the world's last remaining ginger?
>>
I'm nearly an hour in and still in the tutorial.
It's boring as shit and I want to just sell it back to GameStop.
I bought nioh at the same time and that has been much better.
>>
>>384112470
Your father figure and role model is white, your best bud later in the story is white, the badass flashback general is white. On the contrary your "helpful" guide is a black asshole, despite his voice acting being some of the best in the industry.
>>
File: 1426832888066.jpg (72KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1426832888066.jpg
72KB, 480x640px
It's good. Not a fan of Aloy's design though. Who the fuck thought ginger dreads would look good. Needs more costumes, something like what Witcher 3 had.
>>
>>384111850
Looking flashy =/= good gameplay. The actual mechanics and feel of combat are completely mediocre for this type of game. Even Skyrim has a better bow than Horizon, in Horizon your bow is essentially just a bolt action rifle that has no trajectory or realistic flight time making it trivial when it comes to needing pinpoint accuracy and leading moving targets, even 10 year old games have bows down better. The melee is also mediocre but as expected since the game was being advertised as focusing on the bow. Even if all this was fixed the entire game has bad AI and inexcusable stealth mechanics that you can abuse to free kill 90% of the enemies on screen with no consequence by just hiding in grass and whistling over and over as the bodies pile. The animations and movement all feel good but the actual combat and encounters and "skill trees" are 5/10. But I will say that this would all be somewhat acceptable if the game excelled in other aspects like having engaging characters and a good story and interesting quests, but it's mediocre on those aspects for the most part as well.
>>
>>384112938
She is the western Lightning.
Flat on all sides and pissed at everything.
>>
File: 1489004615741.png (116KB, 341x310px) Image search: [Google]
1489004615741.png
116KB, 341x310px
>>384112671
>anti feminist
>>
>>384110781
Best Ubisoft game ubisoft never made. It has the towers in the form of the tallnecks, leap of faith is now rappling down, it has the enemy bases from far cry that you liberate and merchants appear in, it even has the assassin's creed super armour that you have to collect a certain number of cereal boxes to unlock. Apart from the main cast voice acting isn't great and the animations are pretty stiff. You can still take damage after being knocked to the ground or once you initiate a critical attack, moments were I think you should get brief I-frames and enemy tracking can be a bit weird. There still a good bit to enjoy though.
>>
>>384113246
>matriarchy tribe seen as savage and backwards
>even among their own people
>all other tribes seen as great especially the one ran by a king
Just because the MC is a girl doesn't mean it's SJW anon.
>>
>>384113246
>matriarchal tribe is a few people living in stick huts
>patriarchal tribe is a significantly more advanced group living in a massive city that's flourishing with culture.
>>
>>384113418
>The oh so great non savages are the enemies.
>Big bad boss is a man. All human enemies are men.
>The world plunged into The stone age due to a dude bro making death robots for funzies
>The saving grace AI is a muslim woman.
It's got plenty of SJW to go around my dude.
>>
>>384113284
tallnecks were fun because there were only 5 or 6 of them
>>
The story would have been better if they dropped the destiny stuff along with Aloy and her progenitor being the only competent people of their respective times.
>>
>>384113048
it's actually hard as shit to hit things with the bow in horizon without aim assist. Especially humans who aren't standing still. There is definitely a fairly long travel time and drop for the projectiles, despite the arrows disappearing after a certain range. This is why they give you so much slo-mo

There are more weapons than just the bows anyway. There are also elemental / explosive slingshots, a shotgun thing, a sound cannon, a rope-caster that ties machines to the ground, and multiple heavy weapons that you can knock off of machines and use against them for massive damage. Each weapon has three different ammo types too

Sneak attacks only work against the smallest machines. Do a sneak attack on a strong one (not even a huge one) and it will just get back up and attack you, and you've only taken like 15% of its health.
>>
>>384113873
Agreed, putting points in strong strike feels like a waste tbqh
>>
>>384113592
>The oh so great non savages are the enemies.
One out of four non savage tribes are the enemies, technically it's an offshoot of one of the other tribes. Stretching on this one.
>Big bad boss is a man. All human enemies are men.
Pretty sure some of the raiders I killed were women. Yea the big bad is a man, so are most of the good guys too.
>The world plunged into The stone age due to a dude bro making death robots for funzies
And humanity was also saved in large part to the same man funding the whole program as well as the general (white man) defending humanity as they finish the project.
>The saving grace AI is a muslim woman.
I wouldn't say Muslim, she is black though but I think it's more of a "all life came from Africa" or "Mother Nature" reference than a shoehorned agenda.
>>
>>384112590
you should give it another chance. The tutorial / Aloy-as-a-child part is the worst part of the game. It starts getting good like 2-3 hours in, once you start having to navigate past the gigantic and super dangerous machines just to explore the map and get to your quests. None of the enemies are leveled to you; you can fight the strongest enemies in the game from the moment you finish like the fourth mission and unlock the gate to the desert area
>>
>>384113873
The easy sneak attack instakills combined with the perks that let you one shot takedown even the heaviest human enemies makes huge portions of the game completely trivial though, and it's not like some unintended exploit or something that's hard to figure out. The only interesting weapon / weapon that felt good to use was the rope caster.
>>
I like that they added a mod system. I wear the Carja Blazon Adept outfit ( >>384112938 ) because Aloy looks sexy in it, and put three stealth mods in it to make it useful, even though it's really just meant for fire resistance. Playing on Ultra Hard

Also the sneak attack and attack-from-above abilities are great. You can use the strike from above just by jumping over an enemy's head and pressing R1, and the sneak attack can be used while sprinting + sliding into an enemy as they are turning around to look at you.
It really doesn't even do that much damage. Fully upgraded with the blue lance and all the abilities, the strongest machines that the sneak attack can kill in one hit are corrupted scrappers
>>
>>384114273
stealth against humans is pretty hard though, there's hardly any grass
it's more effective to simply arrow everyone
>>
>>384110781
Hunting robot dinosaurs is fun, as is trying to stealth bandit camps

Setting up traps and breaking of components and chunks of armor. Tying shit down with the ropecaster and lobbing bombs and shit. Pretty fun. The bow is pretty satisfying to get the hang of. The animations, especially for people talking, are clunky as fuck, though.
>>
>>384113284
There are definitely iframes when you roll. Just watch for when the machine's eyes glow bright red and roll after it makes that loud whirring noise, and try to not roll in the same direction as the attack if it's a lunging combo
>>
>>384111208
I don't think this game was very SJW to be honest. The main character's story reminds me of Camilla from the Aeneid, and that was written literally 2000 years ago in Rome, I don't think they had an SJW agenda back then, just a hunch.
>>
File: 1500162748153.png (28KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
1500162748153.png
28KB, 1027x731px
i like dino
i like robot
i love horizon
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 310x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 310x169px
>>384110781
It's a solid game. Biggest issues are:
>combat gives you lots of freedom, with multiple ways to cheese. And most people will cheese and then say the combat sucks
>the story of the past is far more interesting than the present
>human combat is lame
>minimal melee combat
>Redmaw is a regular Thunderjaw
Maybe I'm just used to Monster Hunter, but once you figure out how to dispatch a robot optimally, they just sort of die too quick. The game could use more big unique monsters that take more than a minute to hunt.

Regardless I'd say it earned its score. Especially for a new IP from Killzone devs that looks that good and polished, and has fun combat. The DLC probably won't shake things up, but I'm looking forward to a sequel.
>>
The combat mechanics, FX, new IP storyline, etc. IDK, maybe it's because i've personally not been playing every fucking trash AAA title that comes up and really pick and choose, but I really like this game so far.
>>
>>384117495
>>the story of the past is far more interesting than the present
Yeah, that's what I pretty much figured. But I thought that part of the present story was to discover the past?

>>human combat is lame
Kind of noticed that also, humans seem a bore.

>>minimal melee combat
You mean lack different ways to melee?
>>
File: image.jpg (1009KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1009KB, 1920x1080px
>>384117513
Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much too. I've avoided AC since 2, wouldn't touch FarCry, and skipped Witcher 3. I got some Red Dead vibes from Horizon at times, with a splattering of DA:Inquisition. All in all I like it more than I thought I would.
>>
>>384110847
bullshot
>>384110991
another bullshot
>>
>>384117495
>built with multiple ways to cheese in combat
>combat is well designed
????
>>
>>384117632
Yeah, I mayhe I'm nitpicking but I didn't care for the main villains. And the biggest story elements that really impressed me were humanity's solution to the problem and seeing it succeed, and being literal proof of that by existing. It's a layered story and I really appreciate that. Just wish it wasn't "bad people destroy your village, go get them and find truth." Yeah I'm just complaining, it's fine.
>melee
Nah I mean more melee weapons in general with more variety, probably because I played For Honor, BotW, and Monster Hunter right before starting HZD. I like the ranged focus, but from the first melee swing you take, you draw the conclusion that it's a last resort. Or "wow melee is ineffective." And then you try it again after unlocking perks and you're still like "well I have all these other gadgets anyways"
>>
>>384110781
sonygerrs were just jealous of nintendos amazing breath of the wild
>>
>>384110991
nice scripted fight
>>
>>384117880
You have a lot of freedom. But you can exploit stronger mechanics. Doesn't mean the combat sucks, but that the player who doesn't try multiple styles sucks.

Stealth, tether, freeze, corruption, hacking, all are pretty op. Even sticky bombs are op. Combat engine is still very solid
>>
There was something missing in this game, 89 is a perfect score in regards to what it represents, everythig is kind of 8.9' levels of good but something, just a little thing stops it from climbing over mountain and attaining the true real 9.
>>
>>384118112
>be an idort
>enjoy multiple games
Do this
>>
>>384118026
I haven't gotten far, but I did like stuff like in the proving and the "wooo, we'll be best friends after this attack, just like a adult teen book.... oh shit, they're both dead" kind of stuff.
>>
>>384117495
>minimal melee combat
I agree on this, but probably because I'm a blademasterfag in the first place.
>>
>>384117880
He's kinda wrong. I mean there are certain techniques that work best for certain enemies, but it's not "cheesing." It's just using the right tool for the job.
The only way you can stand a chance against a lot of the bigger machines is by hiding from them or being perfect at dodging as you methodically tear off specific components. Like the rockbreaker. You have to tear off all four of its digging arms or it will just keep going underground (you cannot rope it down or freeze it or stun it if it dives), and you have to stand on a hard cliff or rock surface to avoid it coming up from the ground underneath you and killing you. Even then you have to hide behind cover constantly from it spewing boulders at you.

I suppose the real way of cheesing is just by using stealth to go up and override the enemy, and killing it by having it fight a bunch of other machines. The fact that you cannot do this vs corrupted machines is what makes the corrupted machine zones so hard
>>
>>384118112

I had a choice of buying the new nintendo or ps4. I chose ps4 and HZD because I wasn't in the mood at the moment for the cartoony feel of BOW. That and the issues with the consoles themselves that I'm sure will be fixed once I pick one up on sale. No regrets, very happy with choice.
>>
>>384118119
>hur dur everything that looks good are scripted
>>
>>384118661
>good
>that
It's just roll out of the way and wack them, for fucks sake.
>>
>>384119083
I can use the same argument against any action game. You are autistic.
>>
>>384110781
It's fun.
Which is the point of video games.
>>
>>384119860
At least I'm not easily impressed by nothing.
>>
>>384120059
>nothing

Not an argument.
>>
>>384117763
>video taken from game
>bullshot

Holy shit, the salt is real
>>
Sony paid for it that's why.
>>
>>384119083
In that webm the machine tiger-wolf thing accidentally killed the other machine tiger-wolf thing, so the melee was not even necessary.

Really if the player wanted to kill those things as efficiently as possible, he would rope them down, hit them with ice bombs and then unload on their weak points with arrows / rattler (shotgun) pellets or just sling regular bombs at them while frozen, because they take way more damage when frozen. Fighting with melee is hard because you do pathetic damage, but it is fun
>>
My only gripe with this "game" is that son-y-p-o-n-i-e-s reuse the same webms/pictures without ever showing anything new - which leads me to believe it's not from the actual game - but rather just from the e3-trailer (e.g. bullshots).
>>
>all these buttblasted zeldacucks coming out of the woodwork
lmao?
>>
Not sure really. Its pretty bland once the thrill of the combat dies. The game looks nice but it basically dies after that point.

I suppose its also a trophy hunters best friend since you can 100% it in about 5-6 hours.
>>
Fuck glinthawks!!
Mother fucking pieces of shit show up out of nowhere to steal my rare loot from a hard-earned machine kill and turn it into worthless scrap. They are impossible to hit, have way too much HP, and attack in swarms when I'm not wearing ice armor for them so I always just die to their ice bomb spam
>>
>>384121076
>100% it in about 5-6 hours
What.
>>
>>384121186
Well you can.
Limited collectibles that show up on the map.
4 or so dungeons
Story related trophies
Some misc. trophies that you will pick up in general play

Game is a rapid plat. Helps that there's fuck all to do in the world for trophies to be tied to.
>>
File: 984540s575.jpg (3MB, 3658x4053px) Image search: [Google]
984540s575.jpg
3MB, 3658x4053px
>>
>>384121335
>>384120550
>>
>>384121334
Total bullshit.
it'd take you that long just to go out and collect all the metal flowers, banuk artifacts and to go to all the vantage points (there is a trophy for each). And thats without even doing any of the quests. You can't fast travel until you've visited a campfire, meaning you have to traverse around the whole map on foot / horseback to collect all this shit
>>
File: 1492284450555.jpg (1022KB, 1988x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1492284450555.jpg
1022KB, 1988x1013px
>>384110781
>What's so great about it?
It panders to the the right people.
>>
>>384121871
>55 years old and still behaving like a child

Guess the all women are child meme is true.
>>
>>384113048

>you can abuse to free kill 90% of the enemies on screen with no consequence by just hiding in grass and whistling over and over as the bodies pile

If you've played the game then you know this isn't true at all. Even with the upgraded spear the only enemies this works for are the scout types like the watchers and scrappers.
>>
>tfw the sequel will have to follow BotW and make everything climable.
>tfw melee will be massively improved and a lock-on added. They're still debating stamina - it was almost added in the first game but the game director De Jonge didn't want it. Because of the critics he's slowly changing his mind.
>tfw human enemies AI will be completly reworked.
It'll be glorious guys.
>>
File: IMG_0375.jpg (174KB, 750x1159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0375.jpg
174KB, 750x1159px
>>384113592

>DYING to be persecuted
>>
>>384110781
SJW reviewers rate it high because it pushes their cultural marxist anti-white agenda.
>>
>>384110781
Fun gameplay
>>
>>384110781
Because it's fun? Not GOTY material or anything, but it's not a half bad little romp. It seriously isn't good enough or bad enough for the amount of shitposting it gets.
>>
>>384120189
still images are videos you HRDZ are fucking retards and only 5 of you exist here
>>
>>384118586

>mfw two corrupted rockbreakers

Making that mandatory for 100% was cruel
>>
>>384123271
It's also real easy to stumble across them without knowing what you are in for.
>>
File: IMG_2168.jpg (110KB, 1332x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2168.jpg
110KB, 1332x638px
>>384121334

The four cauldrons alone would take several hours. Quit making things up

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/horizon-zero-dawn/305505-estimated-time-platinum-3.html
>>
>>384121134

Definitely my most hated machine. They're frustrating as hell
>>
>>384123495
This. It is an easy and quick plat, but it's not 5-6 hours quick.
>>
>>384110781
>What's so great about it?
Graphics. Pretty much it. Rest is turbo garbo.
>>
>>384123395

Yeah I fucked right off the first time. I was trying to kill the snapmaws when TWO rock showers started raining from the sky. Saw what it was and got the hell out
>>
>>384113007
Wow a whole hour...quit marathoning games like that!
>>
File: image.jpg (579KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
579KB, 1920x1080px
>>384121134
I love them, they're my favorite. Cool lore function, their screech in the distance, popping their core for an ice explosion, giving me a reason to use fire arrows, that plummet when they get burned. Dope machine honestly.
>>
>>384118119
I paid 40 dollars for jzd, you paid 400 for botw. I like my value better.
>>
>>384114136
>all life came from Africa
>not a shoehorned agenda
Choose one man
>>
>>384124291
What kind of retarded thinking is this? Either you include the console cost on both or not at all. Unless you think Anon seriously got a Switch for BOTW only and will never buy another Switch game in it's whole lifespan.
>>
File: Erend.jpg (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Erend.jpg
29KB, 800x600px
>>384112470
Crusty, I see you haven't gotten very far.
>>
>>384110781
Metacritic isn't very accurate.
>>
>>384121134
They're definitely shit enemies. Aim for the freeze sacs on their chest using tearblast arrows and they go down hilariously fast. Make sure to pop up some anti-freeze potions when fighting them to have an easier time.
>>
>>384110781
>Why???
Shilling done by SJW and desperate sonnycucks.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.