[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate the MMO I'd make if I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>third-person, over the shoulder
>all attacks/special abilities/spells come from equipment
>sandbox, PVP enabled everywhere, drop everything you were carrying when you died
>mobs are just a resource to be farmed, not intended to be any kind of real challenge
>no levels
>skills level up in real time, and give passive bonuses
>fantasy setting, kind of like D&D's Planescape (see pic)
>focused around an as-of-yet undecided number of planes of existence
>1 hub plane as the place where new players start, surrounded by a sphere of planes(that each are only source of one high-end magical component), which is surrounded by a ring of planes(that each are the only source of one high-end crafting material)
>only way between planes is through a labyrinth-like alternate dimension that's constantly shifting and has only a few static paths between adjacent planes
>>
>>384106563
>PvP everywhere
>Drop everything when dead

Shit.

Unless you want people to play for 3 days and fuck off to a game that is less tedious for the sake of being tedious.
>>
>>384106715
>thinking MMOs have to be about the grind
If it wasn't fucking clear enough, the whole point of this one is PVP, and shit will be easier to come by for that exact reason
>>
>>384106563
Would not play/10

Everything about it sounds fucking awful

E.g. What if I like a big cleave build but want to use a magic staff or sword and shield instead of a bastard sword

Everything about it is so boring, so uninspired, so uncreative and then it lumps frustrating punishing bullshit on top
>>
>>384106857
There's no progression.

What, I lose everything I've worked for because suddenly some asshole decides to kill me/exploit abuse/connection time out/go afk for whatever reason?

Also you better be damn sure every sngle skill and spell is 10000% balanced, which you can't do, if you want to follow these mechanics.

It's dead on arrival.
>>
Sounds awful
>>
>>384107081
>>384107245
>>384107279
>>384106715
Fucking carebears. In EVE Online, faggots like you don't last one week.
>>
>>384107420
>posts shit idea
>gets shut down
>WAAAAH WAAAAH YOU JUST AREN'T AS HARDCORE AS ME
>>
>>384106563
>>several planes
>noobs dying left and right in the hub
>people traveling to the least visited one to stock up on gear and become overpowered
>some planes are so shitty they're not even worth visiting, even to get free stuff
>>
>>384107420
Wow you sure showed us!

If I wanted to play an mmo where nothing mattered in a generic fantasy setting stuck with weapons dictating my build I would download guild wars 2, at least that doesn't go out of its way to punish me for daring to give it a try
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.