[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were there any good exclusives for this at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: gallery_gaming-sega-game-gear_1.jpg (70KB, 768x460px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_gaming-sega-game-gear_1.jpg
70KB, 768x460px
Were there any good exclusives for this at all?
>>
>>384105649
It had two Shining Force games, but those were later ported to... something, I forget. It had some okay exclusives at the time, but never really had a solid niche like the NeoGeo Pocket. Most anything from it that was good can be bought on the 3DS virtual console.
>>
>>384105814
I think it was the Sega CD that they were ported to.
>>
>>384105649
SIX, COUNT 'EM, SIX

SIX AA BATTERIES
>>
>>384105649
A dynamite headdy and ristar port. Tripple Trouble was passable.
>>384105814
NGPC was worth it for Match of the Millennium and the Metal Slug games.
>>
>>384106017
Hey, that 2 hours of battery life was amazing!
>>
In hindsight I will always despise the Game Gear just for that damn 1st Boss in Sonic 2.

https://youtu.be/EYQhe5wskN0?t=3m35s

It's just dumb fucking luck if you can time the jump in time. Ridiculous that they didn't redesign this sequence for the smaller screen scale.
>>
>>384105649

Most of the best games were on Master System, but Sonic Triple Trouble was exclusive and it's arguably the best portable Sonic game.
>>
>>384106017
>>384106156

This was literally the Game Gears best exclusive feature.

You could empty an entire household of AA batteries in a single afternoon.

>Sister raging that her walkman wasn't working
>Dad raging that the remote wasn't working
>Mother fussing around in kitchen cupboards sure she had a spare pack of batteries around here somewhere
>You wishing your parents loved you and had bought you a Game Boy instead
>>
>>384106523
I had actually saved up for one when I was younger, was just really into Sega as a kid and thought it was the way to go. Oh how horridly wrong I was
>>
X-men gamemasters

That's it I think
>>
File: p1060013.jpg (139KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
p1060013.jpg
139KB, 800x469px
>>384106017
STEP UP YOUR GAME NIGGA!

>Increase overall bulk of the handheld by 50%
>But at least you can play a lot longer
>>
>>384107330
This kid is pretty badass!
>>
>>384105649
>Were there any good exclusives for this at all?
There were mostly just master system ports, but I remember owning
>Sonic Chaos
>Sonic Triple Trouble
>Crystal Warriors
>Defenders of Oasis
>>
>>384107330
Tell me there are C or D batteries in there.
>>
>>384105649
It was pretty much a Sega Genesis on the go, meanwhile GB had the exclusives but it was pretty much like gaming on a calculator.
>>
>>384107330
My god, it's a beautiful kind of horrible
>>
>>384107683
>>384105649
Oh yea, of course a bunch of Sonic exclusives which alone made it worth it. Hard as fuck though.
>>
>>384107683
>It was pretty much a Sega Genesis on the go,
That was the Nomad bro, the system I always wanted to have.

Game Gear was more of a portable Master System.
>>
File: mastergearconverter.jpg (48KB, 650x419px) Image search: [Google]
mastergearconverter.jpg
48KB, 650x419px
>>384108091
I always wanted to take that final step, and then play my Master System games on the go... then I remembered the battery life.
>>
>>384106795

How were we suppose to know.
>>
>>384108091
That shit was released when the PS1 came out lol at the time it was an accurate statement. They weren't straight ports. They were like de-makes which I liked. Felt different enough on its own for the console equivalent.
>>
>>384106409
>Ridiculous that they didn't redesign this sequence for the smaller screen scale
Actually the original version only had slow moving balls all following the same pattern. The GG version added the fast moving ones with different patterns.
>>
>>384105649
I had like 2-3 games on this fucking brick of a hand held. Sonic, Tetris, and I think a jurassic park game?
>>
I always liked it as a kid because you could fucking plug it in and not worry about battery life when you weren't outside/in the car.

>>384105649
Sylvan Tale
Sonic Triple Trouble
Tails' Adventure

...That's all I got.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.